Author Topic: PURPLEQUEST - Volume 2  (Read 107820 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: PURPLEQUEST - Volume 2
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2012, 04:01:54 AM »
> Patchouli: Seek fellow magicians.

You briefly go over the short list of MAGIC-INCLINED INDIVIDUALS you are familiar with in your head.

Much like her red-white associate, Kirisame isn't invited to the party. That won't stop her from coming if she finds out about it, but there's no need to look for her - if she shows up, she will certainly make her presence known.

If there are no humans here, then Margatroid definitely won't be coming either. Despite being one herself, she rarely associates with other youkai. You suspect she just doesn't want to let go of her humanity (and that's why she'll always be a second-rate magician).

Who else is there? That buddhist monk is probably around, but according to Kirisame, trying to get her to talk about magic is like pulling teeth. Apparently she doesn't like that part of her image. Too bad, you could definitely benefit from some of her knowledge of body-strengthening magic.

Man, Gensokyo's magicians are a BUNCH OF CHUMPS. It really says a lot when Marisa Kirisame is the best person around to JIVE ABOUT WITCHCRAFT with. You guess you have to work with what you have, though, if you ever want to get a half-decent coven going in this damn fantasy land. You wish that cackling ghost was still around. She really knew her shit. Granted, she was a PRETTY TERRIBLE PERSON, but hey, aren't we all?

> Patchouli: Perform magical girl transformation into normal clothes.

You would need to invest in the MAHOU SHOUJO branch of your MAGICTECH SKILL TREE to use this ability. Or get FASHIONTECH, but who would waste points in that?

> Patchouli: Examine shops.

You've got 50,000 yen burning a hole in your pocket, so you have a look around at what's for sale in the stalls lining the streets. Aside from the obvious abundance of stands selling fried food and booze, there are also a good number of small shops selling random junk.

The oni love challenges, so naturally there are quite a few carnival-esque games as well. These in particular have caught the attention of the fairy maids, but they are far too timid to go wandering away from you and Sakuya (mostly Sakuya). You admit you'd like to give them a whirl yourself, if only to show up the oni running the stands. Though, even if you were to leverage a bit of your ARCANE MUSCLE, it probably wouldn't be that easy; it's not like the oni are incompetent when it comes to magic. You'll have to pick your battles carefully.

For now, though, you've changed your mind. You're a bit tired from the trip and you would definitely like something to drink.

Sakuya offers to go get something for you, but you suggest finding a place off the main street to sit down and eat instead. She agrees, and leaves it to you to pick the place.

You promptly locate the darkest, dankest pub in town.

> Patchouli: Order a beer.

You have a seat at the bar and order a beer. Better not hit the bottle too hard. Yet.

The fairies order a basket of cheesesticks to share. Sakuya takes out her money, but you offer to pay their way (which is a nice gesture, but pointless since it's all Remi's money anyway). Sakuya attempts to order some tea, but when informed that NONBOOZE is not sold here, decides on a small pi?a colada and a Monte Cristo.

The beer is actually pretty good. It's got that old-fashioned wooden keg taste, which you haven't had in about a hundred years. Of course, if anyone served subpar alcohol in a city like this, they would be run out of town pretty quickly.

Suddenly, out of the corner of your eye, you think you see someone familiar...

Isn't that...

Shit. She saw you.

Ugh it's Kawashiro

Doesn't she have any friends

> _

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2012, 04:13:15 AM »
> Would Kawashiro piss off if Marisa were here? Maybe we should tell her that we heard Marisa is coming.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2012, 04:14:37 AM »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »
> I thought Nitori was shy around humans. ASSESS NITORI'S PERSONALITY MATRIX.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2012, 04:18:49 AM »
> How does Kawashiro know us?
> Might as well get it over with. Say hi to the kappa.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2012, 04:38:48 AM »
> Might as well get it over with. Say hi to the kappa.
> Put on our best poker face while we're at it.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2012, 05:22:06 AM »
> Put on our best poker face while we're at it.

> More like poke her face.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2012, 05:27:36 AM »
> No.

> /ignore

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2012, 05:30:47 AM »
>Take a long swig before greeting kappa.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2012, 05:42:49 AM »
> Order as many Cucumber Saisons as you can for Nitori until she loses consciousness.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2012, 07:08:30 AM »
>Offer Nitori 3000 yen to leave and pretend she never saw us for the rest of the day.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
> Flashback: Whatever made us dislike kappa/Nitori

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »
>Forget the haters, might as well head over.
>Invite Sakuya along. For a laugh.
>Why is Nitori so darn unpopular, anyhow?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »
> GRUMPTECH: SURLY SWIRLY VORTEX.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »
> GRUMPTECH: SURLY SWIRLY VORTEX.
> GAMEGRUMPTECH: "No, no, no, no, no."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
> I thought Nitori was shy around humans.

>What humans?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
>Does Nittery not consider Sakuya to be a human?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
She likes Marisa, so presumably she's not so nervous around people she already knows.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »
She likes Marisa, so presumably she's not so nervous around people she already knows.

And since Patch doesn't leave the SDM much, it's a safe assumption she knows Sakuya too.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »
If Kappatech has invented a vacuum cleaner, Sakuya and Nitori are probably on good terms.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »
> Contemplate status of Sakuya's Kappatech tree. She has one? We can keep out-of-character trees? What exactly prevents our investment in Namutech?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2013, 04:00:19 AM »
> Patchouli: Consult with Sakuya.

You guess you'll have to put up with her for a bit. You welcome your ALCOHOLIC SALVATION with open arms, and wave Nitori over.

> Patchouli: Examine Nitori.

This is NITORI KAWASHIRO, a fairly typical kappa that Hakurei and Kirisame interact with regularly. Like all kappa, she is reclusive, obnoxious, and accident-prone. However, Nitori is a gifted mechanical engineer; you can see her skills being useful at some point, which is why you attempt to tolerate her.

You met Kawashiro during the SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM INCIDENT, when Kirisame introduced her to you and Margatroid to help with procuring resources and handling MISSION CONTROL for sending her to explore the underground. Ever since, she seems to have added you to her PAINFULLY SHORT list of friends, and she now drops by your library unannounced from time to time to borrow books and make you listen to the status reports of her innumerable projects. Margatroid appears to have avoided the same fate by cranking her CREEPYNESS up to 11 whenever Kawashiro stopped by. Clever woman.

The worst of it, though, is that you have unfortunately found out that kappas are HUGE BLABBERMOUTHS when it comes to local gossip, and their SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS means they have plenty of it bottled up at any given time. You always make sure to have a magical experiment "scheduled" so you can cut her short when she gets going, and send her on her way.

> Ichirin: Interrupt.

YOU TOTALLY WILL. You make a mental note of this.

> Patchouli: Suffer Nitori's presence.

Kawashiro immediately makes a subject of your TASTELESS REGALIA.

This forces her to back down, since she is obviously in no position to challenge one's knowledge of WHAT'S "IN". Your POKER FACE CLASS FEATURE is really pulling its weight here. (Wizards need to look cool and knowledgable all the time, so it wouldn't do if they had some STUPID-ASS SMIRK while interacting with the common rabble.)

Suddenly, you realize that Kawashiro is the first person at this party to make fun of your outfit. It occurs to you that you might actually be pulling off this look, and coming across as some sort of ECCENTRIC DIVA to those that don't know you. This makes you want to throw up a little.

You quickly turn your attention back to your SOCIALLY MALADJUSTED ACQUAINTANCE, and engage her with some basic small talk on subjects that will make her uncomfortable.

You allow Kawashiro to stumble while playing VERBAL HOPSCOTCH and make excuses while you enjoy your beer. Eventually, you mercifully release her from her agony by asking her about HER WORK instead. This is a subject about which she will blather on endlessly if allowed, thus permitting you to tune her out while sinking into your BLISSFUL MIRE OF INSOBRIETY.

You watch the maid fairies' BASKET OF CHEESESTICKS like a hawk, for only when it is empty will you be able to leave this dreadful place. Slowly, slowly, the seconds tick by as the fairies enjoy their meal of deep-fried mozzarella. As the kappa rambles on, the ARTERY-ASSAULTING APPETIZER gradually disappears from its basket, like grains of sand flowing from a greasy hourglass.

After what seems like an eternity, the fairies are finished and your second beer has nearly run dry, as has your patience with Kawashiro.

Hey, you didn't lie. Not even the Yama can fault you on that one. Her obvious crush on Kirisame is pretty pathetic. Actually, ANY crush on Kirisame is pretty pathetic. How is that thieving rat so popular?

Back to the task at hand. Now would be a good time to relocate. You turn your attention back to Sakuya.

Oh god damnit. How can somebody so tall be such a lightweight?

You leave the bar and head back up to the street, where the party seems to have gotten even busier as more people arrive. You are accompanied by a MILDLY INEBRIATED SAKUYA and THREE STUFFED FAIRIES. What will you do next?

> _
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:00:55 AM by Stuffman »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:21 AM »
> Have we maxed out our IMAGINATION stat?
> Look for acquaintances.
> Force self to enjoy self at any cost.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:34:08 PM by capt. h »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
> Standby to defuse any Remilia-fueled situations.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2013, 06:46:13 AM »
> Get out of that horrible dress before we come across anyone else that knows us.

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2013, 07:00:49 AM »
>Ichirin - Befriend Nitori.
>Patchy - Send the fairys to make sure Koa isn't having fun.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2013, 10:03:02 AM »
> Look for aquantances.
Deep sea acquaintances? n.n

I really like the effort you put into some of these.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »
> Make sure Sakuya doesn't happen across any UMBRELLA YOUKAI to add to her collection.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »
> How does our CREEPYNESS stack up against anyone else Nitori considers her friend?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
>Idly wonder if Sakuya's poetry skill increases when sloshed.

>Become irritated at the crowds and go somewhere quiet.  Like BEHIND THIS LARGE AMPITHEATER, which is definitely not going to be showing a concert in a few minutes and should be relatively devoid of life.