Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 3 - Ask Question, Receive Answer  (Read 270875 times)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 3 - Ask Question, Receive Answer
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
Regardless, it doesn't really answer the question. I get that you're trying to be helpful, but vague or misleading answers just cause confusion. So let me try and amend this and actually answer the question:

Administrator is self-explanatory.
Gensokyo PD are mods.
Acolytes are in charge of a particular board, and serve to bring the voice of the users of that board to the staff.
Shrine Janitors deal with menial tasks like merging topics, approving posts, making edits when needed and so on.
Librarians mod PSL.
Resident Artist are noteworthy contributors to AAA.
Atelier Idol, Wordsmith, and Godmother are those who have gone above and beyond at AAA, PSL and RPG respectively.
Spechul Memba have gone above and beyond for the site as a whole.
Bunbunmaru Staff write up news.
The Idiots are a part of those competitions you see in the Colliseum.

That's pretty much it.

So the "You Wa Ban" guys are the base of the food chain :V

And excluding the th1-5 enemies, the bosses and midbosses, all normal enemies from Touhou games are just fairies and yin-yang orbs?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
Well, there's also a bunch of rocks in SA, the divine spirits in TD, bird-like glowy things in the second stage of EoSD, rabbits (with and without fairy wings) in IN... there must be more but I'm not remembering right now.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
Don't forget the ice chunks in EoSD Stage 2 as well!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2012, 04:11:30 AM »
Normal enemies, as far as I can remember:

More than one game:
All sorts of fairies

Fuzzballs (Kedama)
Two types, the one with a few hairs only appeared in ESoD and PCB; the common hairy type first appeared in PCB Stage 1, and then become the second most appearing enemy of Touhou.

Crows
Appeared in MoF and SA. Same sprite, different types of creatures.

Yin-Yang Orbs
Appeared in SA and subsequent games.

Spirits
Appeared in PoFV, SA and TD. The spirits in each game are of a different type.

ESoD:
Stage 2 ice/bird/cloth things: I think PoFV clearly indicated those are spirits, since spirits can also take a bird-like shape in that game, but probably not everyone thinks so.

Patchouli's magic books.

PCB:
It's debateable that all Stage 3 "fairies" are in fact Alice's dolls, or as someone said, "the whole stage is Alice!"

IN:
The sprite for stage 5-6 enemies are fairy sprites with rabbit ears added. Again it's debateable whether those are real rabbits, or fairies cosplaying as rabbits. Given that rabbits shouldn't have wings, and fairies also did cosplay in PoFV Eientei stage, I'm leaning towards the later.

SA:
Stage 2 boulders.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:48:23 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
I was with you up until:

The sprite for stage 5-6 enemies are fairy sprites with rabbit ears added. Again it's debateable whether those are real rabbits, or fairies cosplaying as rabbits. Given that rabbits shouldn't have wings, and fairies also did cosplay in PoFV Eientei stage, I'm leaning towards the later.

Given that we know, canonically, that there are in fact actual rabbits hopping all around Eientei, why does "fairies cosplaying as rabbits" - of which there is no evidence  - make more sense to you? I wouldn't confuse game graphics with the story.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »
Does Keine carry around a well-matched green dress in a handysack or something just so that her colors don't clash on a full moon? I mean, seriously, where does she keep it? :V

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2012, 12:26:57 AM »
Does Keine carry around a well-matched green dress in a handysack or something just so that her colors don't clash on a full moon? I mean, seriously, where does she keep it? :V

Isn't it just easy to wear a specific set of clothes for a particular day in the month? I mean, you can't possibly be surprised by the moon if you actually follow its evolution, right?

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »
O rite.

Hai I'm a moron. :V

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2012, 12:36:58 AM »
O rite.

Hai I'm a moron. :V

Hai c:

On another note, and I'm not sure if this was asked before, is there a point to the weird flashy effect at the start of stage 3 in PCB? Or is it just to look pretty?

cuc

« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »
I was with you up until:

Given that we know, canonically, that there are in fact actual rabbits hopping all around Eientei, why does "fairies cosplaying as rabbits" - of which there is no evidence  - make more sense to you? I wouldn't confuse game graphics with the story.
Fairies cosplay as nearby stage bosses. That's the canonical explanation for PoFV's rabbit-eared Eientei fairies and black-wearing fairies and Lily White.

For IN, those may really be rabbits, though.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2012, 02:14:54 AM »
Ah, cosplay does have precedent. So maybe ... the rabbits are cosplaying as fairies?

It is a mystery.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

cuc

« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2012, 05:12:40 AM »
On another note, and I'm not sure if this was asked before, is there a point to the weird flashy effect at the start of stage 3 in PCB? Or is it just to look pretty?
This motion blur effect appeared in the first two stages of ESoD, too. I don't think anyone knows the answer to that.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2012, 06:03:28 AM »
This motion blur effect
I always thought it is the effect seen when animated geometry is laid without background. Didn't yow saw similar in other 3D games?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

cuc

« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2012, 07:04:13 AM »
I always thought it is the effect seen when animated geometry is laid without background. Didn't yow saw similar in other 3D games?
And that effect is intended to simulate motion blur, and is also called "motion blur". We are talking about the same thing  :D, it's just the difference between name and technical explanation.

Delfigamer

« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »
Didn't thought that ZUN was trying to do motion blur.
So, and what is it supposed to mean?

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2012, 10:32:01 PM »
Has ZUN ever said anything about his stance on videos of official games? I've only seen him talk about derivative works and snapshots (screenshots?) but I can't seem to find anything relating to video footage. I've been assuming it's pretty much the same as the snapshots' terms with the inclusion of no ads allowed but an assumption isn't exactly official.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »
Has ZUN ever said anything about his stance on videos of official games? I've only seen him talk about derivative works and snapshots (screenshots?) but I can't seem to find anything relating to video footage. I've been assuming it's pretty much the same as the snapshots' terms with the inclusion of no ads allowed but an assumption isn't exactly official.

I'd like to second this question since I've been wondering about that as well.

Drake

« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »
It would be pretty silly to think otherwise considering how many videos are out there uncontested, and there having been no known history of videos being recalled.
It's safe to assume that all language used for screenshots also applies to videos, which are essentially just lots of screenshots.
1. Don't post endings.
2. Rescaling is okay, but please preserve the images' aspect ratio.
3. Don't make image content edits that are indistinguishable from the original images. This includes things like changing the spell card names, recoloring the images, or add extra bullets that weren't originally there.
     * However, this is okay if it's done as a joke and it's clearly stated that it's a joke.
4. Things like cropping the images or overlaying them with text are no problem.
That being said, even if he didn't allow videos on principle but never explicitly said so, the reasons for which would still be highlighted in other parts of the ToU. In which case, you should already be following it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2012, 02:29:20 AM »
It's safe to assume that all language used for screenshots also applies to videos, which are essentially just lots of screenshots.

Just wanted to be sure. Better safe than sorry.

Drake

« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2012, 03:40:07 AM »
Well, as I said, the reason is mainly because there have been gameplay videos of every game being posted all over the place ever since Touhou achieved mass popularity, and there isn't a history of any being recalled. If there were rules against videos, 1. it would be common knowledge and 2. there would be uh very few videos.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2012, 10:35:38 AM »
There's really no reason to stop people from posting gameplay videos on the Internet, unless it show spoilers before it is actually released, is there?  If doing that really is wrong, then playthrough, speed run, and Let's Play videos wouldn't exist.

cuc

« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »
Well, as I said, the reason is mainly because there have been gameplay videos of every game being posted all over the place ever since Touhou achieved mass popularity, and there isn't a history of any being recalled. If there were rules against videos, 1. it would be common knowledge and 2. there would be uh very few videos.
ZUN did intend one rule post to cover gameplay videos - the screenshot one above, I think.

Not related to gameplay videos, and those recent day-one new CD videos not counting, historically the only Touhou fanvideos being taken down by an official source were due to the three fairies - the manga publisher found those videos in violation of its copyright. Such things probably won't happen again.

I also heard that ZUN had to ask the publisher for permission to make Fairy Wars, but I'm not so sure about the truthfulness of that.

EDIT:
I asked around about it. What ZUN really said was (jokingly) "[I am so lazy] I didn't even go ask the publisher for permission." So there's no such thing as publisher permission.

The "publisher took down three fairies fan videos" story is something I saw on Nicovideo. My hunch is that it's true, but I hardly know anything about Nicovideo.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:56:59 AM by cuc »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2012, 03:55:19 AM »
Why is it called "Help Me, ERINNNNNN!!" if it's a remix of Kaguya's theme?
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2012, 04:18:55 AM »
And to that, I add a triple question!

First, what ARE sinsacks?

Secondly, where did they originate?

Thirdly, why are they associated to Yukari of all people?

Drake

« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2012, 05:02:20 AM »
Personifications of sin, now commonly used to portray perverted Touhou fans. Originated here, and the affiliation with Yukari is mainly due to that being the original instance of them. It's probably helped along by them being interpreted as people she gaps into Gensokyo and stuff.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:15:21 AM by Drakums »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2012, 05:45:49 AM »
Aaah, that explains a lot. Thanks!

Why is it called "Help Me, ERINNNNNN!!" if it's a remix of Kaguya's theme?

Well, the title itself is based on the lyrics, which are sung by Kaguya, so it only makes sense that her theme is used.

The whole thing comes from the fact Kaguya is considered weaker than Eirin game-wise even though she's the "true boss" (Not by everyone, it's a very subjective thing!), and she officially IS weaker than Eirin according to their profiles. The whole Kaguya crying out for Eirin's help is based on this, and it's also purposely against the game itself where it's the other way around,  as Kaguya helps Eirin.

« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
Well, it's not sung entirely by Kaguya (some of the lyrics are for Eirin, but that was close enough, anyways, it explains the name and such) but yeah gonna just stick this relevant link here:
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lyrics:_Help_me,_ERINNNNNN!!

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »
This is somewhat of a "What can I post where?" sort of thing, but anyways, I want to LP a Touhou fangame (Devil of Decline, to be specific) here. So...

Can I do it on MoTK?
Which board do I post it on if I can?
How should I structure the screenshots (as in how many can I have in one post, etc.)?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Delfigamer

« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2012, 08:36:39 AM »
Ragnarok Online, it is a Korean MMORPG Touhou, yes? :/

Drake

« Reply #239 on: December 19, 2012, 08:48:27 AM »
RO has nothing to do with Touhou.