Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)  (Read 48442 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
Well, the prof here mentioned she's an expert at celestial magics, which includes a few types of long-range divination. Something that we kinda need, and nobody else can really provide.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »
Wait a minute... You think she was talking about Yumemi when she mentioned that former professor?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »
Uh...now I'm not sure anymore.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »
There's no harm in asking Morrigan here about that woman in red she was talking to before. If you wanted to, go to it. I'm going to reread the past few pages, to try and make sure I'm not missing anything important.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
>"So, that a different person from the woman before, or what?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »
>"So, that a different person from the woman before, or what?"

>"The... what?" The professor gives you a funny look.

« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
>"The woman with the cape you were having a... discussion with, before Kyouko led me here."

« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
>"The woman with the cape you were having a... discussion with, before Kyouko led me here."

>She frowns in annoyance. "What about her?"

« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2012, 10:15:13 AM »
>"Was she the woman you told me about, the one with the tower outside of town?"

« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2012, 07:35:57 PM »
>"Was she the woman you told me about, the one with the tower outside of town?"

>Professor Morrigan nearly laughs. "Oh, goodness no. The woman with the cape was Professor Okazaki from Interdisciplinary Studies. She's not even a true magician - not that she'd ever admit to this being a handicap. I suppose they do have a few things in common, though - being entirely insufferable, for one..." She grimaces.

« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2012, 04:43:48 AM »
>"I've never heard of an 'Interdisciplinary Studies' before, but, if you've somewhere to be, I won't keep you."

If you still want to talk to her Hanzo, that's fine, but I really doubt she can help us. Canon Yumemi, we could steal her spaceship, but I doubt this one's packing.

>"Thank you, though, for your time. Just one last thing, though, if I have any further questions on the matter before the day's out, or I get some more information to work with, is there someone else in the department I could speak with, if you're busy?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:46 AM »
Yeah, looks like red's not the one to go to for help.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
>"I've never heard of an 'Interdisciplinary Studies' before, but, if you've somewhere to be, I won't keep you."
>"Thank you, though, for your time. Just one last thing, though, if I have any further questions on the matter before the day's out, or I get some more information to work with, is there someone else in the department I could speak with, if you're busy?"

>The professor nods. "Very good."
>She opens her mouth as if to reply, then closes it again. The silent grumble writ on her face suggests she may be biting her tongue. Or, as she opens her mouth again, perhaps merely wishing she was. She lets out a small sigh. "If you'll be away for a few hours, I suppose I may be back here again by then. But otherwi-"
>"Hello again!" Kyouko interjects with at least twice the force of the professor's own response; the latter's expression falls flat. "Any luck?"

« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »
>Flatten ears reflexively.
>"Evidently, the garden I'm looking for is out of range."

*groan* B'yes, Sour's hungover. So jump in whenever you wants.

« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2012, 03:24:03 AM »
>Flatten ears reflexively.
>"Evidently, the garden I'm looking for is out of range."

>You flatten your ears; even if you managed to avoid jumping this time, she's still loud.
>"Out of range?" Kyouko's frown is expressively sympathetic. "Awwwww...."
>"Quite," the professor says flatly. "As I was saying, I think you'd be served just as well by any other professor in the department if you really do end up with something else to offer them. Or I suppose you could just ask her." She motions at the green-haired youkai.
>Kyouko beams. "Absolutely! ...just ask me what?"

« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2012, 03:35:28 AM »
>"Ask her what?"
>Great, now WE'RE echoing.

« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2012, 03:50:40 AM »
>"Ask her what?"
>Great, now WE'RE echoing.

>"If I'm unavailable and you still need to speak with someone," the professor says. "I'm sure she can help you find someone suitable, and I expect you'll still here for a few hours, Kyouko?"
>"Sure!" she replies. "Still lots to get tidied up!"

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2012, 03:56:49 AM »
>Nod to them both. "Very good, then."
>Well, may as well ask, since she's here...
>To Kyouko, "I don't suppose you know anything about a hidden garden out west of Isir's Cross yourself, do you?"

« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2012, 04:03:33 AM »
>Nod to them both. "Very good, then."
>Well, may as well ask, since she's here...
>To Kyouko, "I don't suppose you know anything about a hidden garden out west of Isir's Cross yourself, do you?"

>You nod to the pair of them. Kyouko smiles. The professor returns the faintest shadow of your own gesture.
>"Nope!" She smiles almost like she's proud of this fact. Though maybe it's just a permanent fixture....
>"Well, if there's nothing else?" Professor Morrigan leaves the sentence hanging as she regards you expectantly.

« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:29 AM »
>"Guess not, for now. Thanks again, both of you."
>Exeunt the building.
>Assess hunger status.

« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2012, 05:06:55 AM »
>"Guess not, for now. Thanks again, both of you."
>Exeunt the building.

>Professor Morrigan nods and starts to move off. Kyouko's acknowledgement is predictably more exuberant.
>"Happy to help!" she says, then her ears perk up. "Oh, Professor! About my thesis idea-"
>"I'm afraid it'll have to wait," the professor replies. "I'm already verging on late."
>"Oh." Kyouko wastes no more than a moment of disappointment on this. "Have fun at the meeting!" You can just barely make out the professor's scoff.

>You take your leave of the two of them, heading left as the professor heads right. Soon after, you can hear Kyouko's footsteps following in your general direction before disappearing into another room. You make your way downstairs and exit Wyndermere Hall.
>Student traffic is quieter here now, though the campus grounds are still dotted with humans and the occasional youkai moving to and fro. Judging by the sun, it appears to be approaching late afternoon.

>Assess hunger status.

>You had a good meal about two hours or so before the Maiden docked, which was itself a couple hours ago now, and you've been on the move ever since. You think you've been too preoccupied to really notice, but now that you think on it, you could definitely use a bite to eat.

« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2012, 05:10:22 AM »
>First things first. We could use a look at a map.
>Head back to the library.

« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2012, 05:25:43 AM »
>First things first. We could use a look at a map.
>Head back to the library.

>Deciding to seek out a map, you head to the library for the third time today.

>While the specific patrons have changed since the last time you were here, their demographic is virtually identical - students studiously scrutinizing thick tomes while others just as studiously avoid this in preference to staring blankly into space. A scattered youkai and human browsing the stacks completely the look. No fairies are in evidence. Someone also seems to have done a good job cleaning up the technicolor foam you involuntarily drizzled all over the lobby. Or perhaps it just evaporated. You can't see any trace of it and only a faint hint of its former fragrance lingers in the air. The desk clerk looks up at you as you approach and gives you a polite smile.

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:19 AM »
>Is it the same desk jockey as before?
>Approach.
>"Do you keep current maps on hand here?"

« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2012, 06:03:34 AM »
>Is it the same desk jockey as before?
>Approach.
>"Do you keep current maps on hand here?"

>It is.
>You approach her and inquire after a map.
>"We have many current maps in our collection," she says in a professional tone. "Was there something specific you were interested in?"

« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2012, 06:05:43 AM »
>"Two things, actually. A map of the city; I need to plan out a time-efficient route."
>"And a map of the region west of Isir's Cross."

« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2012, 06:35:27 AM »
>"Two things, actually. A map of the city; I need to plan out a time-efficient route."
>"And a map of the region west of Isir's Cross."

>"Yes, we have both of those, certainly. You can find them in the map room, down the hall to your right." She points to one of the corridors that run behind the circulation desk, on the opposite side of the head librarian's office.

« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2012, 06:39:17 AM »
>"Excellent."
>Take leave of the nice lady and sally forth in the indicated directions.

« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
>"Excellent."
>Take leave of the nice lady and sally forth in the indicated directions.

>The woman nods politely. "Happy to be of help."
>You head down the indicated hallway. In design, it is very similar to the opposite corridor and quite short. The rooms are all clearly labelled and it takes no time at all to locate the one you are seeking. Its door is currently standing open, so you step inside.

>Your first impression of the place is: cramped. The map room lacks the spaciousness of the primary wings of the library and is honestly fairly small on the whole, a fact not at all helped by the volume of its contents. In the center are several large rectangular tables and the walls around them are lined without pause by large thin-drawered cabinets and metal racks from which long wooden and metal tubes bloom like a forest of curiously defoliated bamboo. Despite the initial appearance of clutter, there is clearly a careful ordering to their arrangement. At the far end of the room is a small adjoining office separated by a window running along a half-wall. Already a figure is emerging from the open door, a small woman with dry sandy hair and thick-rimmed square frames. She regards you with a gentle expression.
>"You look new here," she says. "Can I help you find something?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2012, 08:51:16 AM »
>Nod. "Yeah, would you mind pointing me to a current map of the city, and a map of the region west of Isir's Cross, if you could?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!