Author Topic: Elly Quest - Reaper in Red  (Read 48542 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Elly Quest - Reaper in Red
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »
>Let's fly over to lend a hand in getting back on the ground.
>"I gotta admit, you're made of some tough stuff. I wouldn't mind having another fight like that with you after all this is wrapped up."
>Have a laugh! "Man, Gensokyo's full of strong opponents! I see why boss left a cutting of herself here! Wonder if I can figure out how to do the same?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »
>Let's fly over to lend a hand in getting back on the ground.
>"I gotta admit, you're made of some tough stuff. I wouldn't mind having another fight like that with you after all this is wrapped up."
>Have a laugh! "Man, Gensokyo's full of strong opponents! I see why boss left a cutting of herself here! Wonder if I can figure out how to do the same?"

> You catch Momiji, who takes a while to catch her breath before she responds.

> "Us Tengu have to be tough. After the days of the Oni." she says.

> "I'm not that strong. There's a lot of stronger people. I mean, I can't even use a bomb without staying airborne yet, but there's people with the energy to use multiple bomb-attacks within Gensokyo." Momiji says.

> You recall Yuuka explaining what a 'bomb' is before, after you overheard her complaining about Reimu 'bombspamming' against her. It's a special spellcard which uses a massive amount of energy, but erases danmaku and deals high amounts of damage. However, the spellcard rules also allow one to take reasonable measures to defend from bombs and become immune to them, unlike normal danmaku, outside of a survival card, although doing so is equally draining. As a result, only powerful beings can use bombs with any frequency, and only a few can ignore them used against them, and even those save it for when people bomb their trump-spellcards.

> "Who... is your boss anyway?"

> You won't be able to make a cutting of yourself. You are not a plant Youkai like she is. A certain plant cuttings can be planted and will sprout into a clone of the original. You don't think it works that way on non-plants. Or even most plants.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2012, 07:48:40 PM »
>Blink a few times. "Oh yeah, never told you that, did I? Well, it's Yuuka Kazami. The one you guys know around here is just a clipping of the real one. Not quite as strong as the real deal, but still formidable. She ordered me to go on vacation and do what I want for a change, so I figured I'd have some fun here in Gensokyo."
>Chuckle a bit. "Would you believe Reimu dyes her hair? It's actually supposed to be purple! Can you believe it?" Laugh! "Purple I tell you!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2012, 07:52:50 PM »
>Blink a few times. "Oh yeah, never told you that, did I? Well, it's Yuuka Kazami. The one you guys know around here is just a clipping of the real one. Not quite as strong as the real deal, but still formidable. She ordered me to go on vacation and do what I want for a change, so I figured I'd have some fun here in Gensokyo."
>Chuckle a bit. "Would you believe Reimu dyes her hair? It's actually supposed to be purple! Can you believe it?" Laugh! "Purple I tell you!"

> "I live in the same village as Aya. I think if anyone besides Reimu knows, it's us Tengu... however, didn't know that the Yuuka at the Garden of the Sun is a fake." Momiji says, before adding, "Not like Aya has enough of a deathwish to go anywhere near there anyway."

> You are vaguely aware that this Aya writes newspapers and takes pictures from Yuuka occasionally telling you stuff her cutting read from her newspaper. You know nothing else, except she is apparently a Tengu if she lives in the same village as Momiji.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2012, 08:00:54 PM »
>"Actually, it's her, but also not. It's a weird thing she can do that I've never really figured out completely. It's kinda like taking a plant, and trimming off a branch to plant for a whole new plant. It's an extension of her."
>Beat.
>"Ah, but keep this little thing about Boss between us, okay?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »
>"Actually, it's her, but also not. It's a weird thing she can do that I've never really figured out completely. It's kinda like taking a plant, and trimming off a branch to plant for a whole new plant. It's an extension of her."
>Beat.
>"Ah, but keep this little thing about Boss between us, okay?"

> "Might be hard if Aya is creeping around and heard." Momiji says, before adding, "Not like anyone would dare argue with Yuuka if she says otherwise."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
>Laugh a bit. "True, even a cutting of her is exceedingly powerful. But even that's nothing compared to the main branch."
>"Man...I still remember when I got to witness her full power...Even to this day, nothing grows in that land scarred by such terrifying might.."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
>Laugh a bit. "True, even a cutting of her is exceedingly powerful. But even that's nothing compared to the main branch."
>"Man...I still remember when I got to witness her full power...Even to this day, nothing grows in that land scarred by such terrifying might.."

> "Why am I somehow not surprised by that..." Momiji says.

> "Anyway, you shall proceed whenever you want to. I wouldn't be able to stop you even if I was not convinced of your power enough to let you pass, since you'd win."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "We'll have to go at this again sometime. Just physical ability. Us guardians gotta keep sharp after all, aye? You gonna be okay to go about stuff on your own now? Don't wanna leave you in too worn-out a condition to be able to do your job after all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "We'll have to go at this again sometime. Just physical ability. Us guardians gotta keep sharp after all, aye? You gonna be okay to go about stuff on your own now? Don't wanna leave you in too worn-out a condition to be able to do your job after all."

> Momiji laughs heartily. "You may have heard of an Oni and her drink, well, Oni have one rival in drinking contests, the Tengu! All I need is a sip from my 'emergancy flask' and I'll be fine!" Momiji says, puling out a small vial with 'Sake' written on it. "All patrol Tengu have a flask like this, just for a little energy kickstart if they need it."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2012, 08:23:08 PM »
>Laugh along with her! "I gotta remember to carry something like that meself! I bet Boss can make some damn good wine."
>Mental Note: Inquire with Boss about possibly making wine for personal use. If a Tengu can get a quick charge from a little drink, then surely we can too!
>"Well, I'll get going now, see you again some time!"
>Let's move along for the peak like we were prior to our encounter.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #341 on: August 29, 2012, 08:28:28 PM »
>Laugh along with her! "I gotta remember to carry something like that meself! I bet Boss can make some damn good wine."
>Mental Note: Inquire with Boss about possibly making wine for personal use. If a Tengu can get a quick charge from a little drink, then surely we can too!
>"Well, I'll get going now, see you again some time!"
>Let's move along for the peak like we were prior to our encounter.

> "Ah, wine. Weak stuff. I didn't think Yuuka would like that. Tell her to look up Minoriko." Momiji says.

> You doubt you have the same biology as a species that has evolved for heavy drinking due to long periods spent with the Oni. Still, alcohol is a good pain inhibitor as it is a sedative of sorts, so you make the mental note.

> You keep flying alongside the mountain, and have no disturbances until you approach the peak, where you notice a shrine near the peak. It is not in your path, and the peak is not far away. The shrine oddly enough is on flat ground, that really doesn't look naturally flat. There is also a large lake behind it, with large... metal rods around it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #342 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:43 PM »
>Huh...Didn't that book mention the shrine up here being behind a few incidents?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #343 on: August 29, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
>Huh...Didn't that book mention the shrine up here being behind a few incidents?

> It did mention a shrine in the mountains being behind most of the recent incidents, except the one involving Tenshi. You presume this is likely that shrine, the Moriya Shrine, since, how many shrines are there at the top of Youkai Mountain? It's not like there's much more room for more up here.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #344 on: August 29, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
>We can swing by here later, after we've met with that celestial. For now, let's make to the very peak.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #345 on: August 29, 2012, 08:44:19 PM »
>We can swing by here later, after we've met with that celestial. For now, let's make to the very peak.

> You continue to the peak of the mountain.

> You recall you have to try and catch the attention of the Celestials. How you do this is an unknown, and probably depends on what Celestials, or other Heaven-dwellers are bored and paying attention.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »
>What do we know about the celestial behind that Scarlet Weather Incident?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #347 on: August 29, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
>What do we know about the celestial behind that Scarlet Weather Incident?

> She basically did it because she was bored. Aside from that and the fact she is very powerful, you know nothing.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #348 on: August 29, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »
Well guys, how do we go about getting Tenshi's attention?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »
>"Hey! Tenshi!"

Probably won't work, but what the hell, right?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
>"Hey! Tenshi!"

Probably won't work, but what the hell, right?

> "WHAT?!" a bored sounding voice shouts down.

> You're shocked that actually worked. At the least, you've confirmed she's bored enough to be paying attention.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #351 on: August 30, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »
>Shout back; "I take it you're bored, yeah? I think I might be able to help fix that!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #352 on: August 30, 2012, 09:06:59 AM »
>Shout back; "I take it you're bored, yeah? I think I might be able to help fix that!"

> "Of course I'm bored. What I'm curious about is why a reaper ain't using that backdoor to Higan, instead of the front door!" Tenshi shouts.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »
>"It's a loooooong story. Suffice it to say, I can't use that one. But I am up for a little boredom-eliminating shenanigans, want in?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #354 on: August 30, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
>"It's a loooooong story. Suffice it to say, I can't use that one. But I am up for a little boredom-eliminating shenanigans, want in?"

> "Why should I trust a reaper? I'm bored, but not suicidal. Not like you could kill me or anything, but for all I know there's another 10 waiting for me in a trap."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "Let's just say that I quit that gig. Too stuffy if you ask me. besides, the only folks up here are you, me, and the wind. So, up for having a little fun at the expense of the red-white shrine maiden?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »
>Chuckle a little. "Let's just say that I quit that gig. Too stuffy if you ask me. besides, the only folks up here are you, me, and the wind. So, up for having a little fun at the expense of the red-white shrine maiden?"

> "Well, you don't wear the outfit, even if you carry the scythe..." Tenshi muses, before adding, "There are more up here than me though. Maybe not right here, but whatever."

> You see a light shine from the clouds onto the very peak of the mountain suddenly.

> "I opened the elevator."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »
>Well, let's head up then. "And for the record, my Scythe, Malus, is actually my partner. The tree it came from went youkai eventually."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
>Well, let's head up then. "And for the record, my Scythe, Malus, is actually my partner. The tree it came from went youkai eventually."

> You walk into the light, and your vision goes white. When it returns, you are standing on a cloud, with a figure in front of you, floating above the clouds on a keystone.

Tenshi Hinanai
The Bored Death Cheater

> You can feel... something... some kind of aura. An immense pressure around her. You can tell just from being near her that she is not to be trifled with, yet it is also taking every ounce of your focus to prevent grabbing Malus and attempting to kill her, due to you being trained to do this when you were a Shinigami in-training. Even after all these years, it's still drilled into you.

> "A youkai tree eh? Mildly interesting." Tenshi says. "Anyway, who are you? You seem to know who I am already."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:34 AM »
>"Name's Elly, I quit the shinigami biz and became a Gatekeeper instead. I read this book on all of the past Incidents while I came to Gensokyo on vacation, and Boss did say I could do whatever I wanted to, so I thought I'd see about getting some folks together to see what all the fun is in causing a little incident. Problem is, best I can come up with right now off the top of my head is stealing all of Gensokyo's apples, which is pretty lame really. The book said you were pretty good about ideas for Incidents though, and that you were often bored with the tedium of life up here, so I figured I'd find you for two things. Help take care of your boredom for a bit, and see about new ideas for causing a little incident. I've already got a sort of plan involving getting some folks together that have already caused an Incident in the past. The way I see it, when Reimu goes out to bust some heads, she won't expect a whole bunch of seemingly unrelated people being behind the whole thing, Could you imagine the look on her face when she finds out that almost everyone's in on it?"
>Sigh. "Definitely not getting Kanako involved though, she sounds like she'll try to hijack it for her own ends."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!