Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!  (Read 260054 times)

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!
« Reply #720 on: January 03, 2013, 11:47:09 PM »
My iTunes library literally consists of nothing but Touhou music and remixes. I always dread getting out of the car because I can only be comfortable with my music while in motion (in the car or walking around) and the songs I have are so awesome. DX

Same. My iTunes doesn't have any "real music"; only Touhou and a few other game soundtracks. Touhou is real music! :)

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #721 on: January 04, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »
My iTunes library literally consists of nothing but Touhou music and remixes. I always dread getting out of the car because I can only be comfortable with my music while in motion (in the car or walking around) and the songs I have are so awesome. DX
The feeling is mutual!  :D
I finally got ahead!

« Reply #722 on: January 04, 2013, 02:20:32 AM »
A book about postwar Germany we read in school features a somewhat bratty, spoilt and childish mansion owner who often throws a temper tantrum.

Her name? Emilia.

The connection is not hard to make.
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #723 on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »
Same. My iTunes doesn't have any "real music"; only Touhou and a few other game soundtracks. Touhou is real music! :)

Might as well make a siggy.

"Video Game soundtracks ARE real music! Companies spent forever coming up with and composing them, and people turn their nose up because it isn't just the music alone. Copy this to your siggy if you agree with me."

What do you think?
A book about postwar Germany we read in school features a somewhat bratty, spoilt and childish mansion owner who often throws a temper tantrum.

Her name? Emilia.

The connection is not hard to make.

*Spits water out upon reading this because he's laughing so hard at the improbable coincidence*
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #724 on: January 04, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »
Might as well make a siggy.

"Video Game soundtracks ARE real music! Companies spent forever coming up with and composing them, and people turn their nose up because it isn't just the music alone. Copy this to your siggy if you agree with me."

What do you think?

Sounds good. I am not fond of people thinking I am weird for only listening to game soundtracks. They don't realize how epic they are!

« Reply #725 on: January 04, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
Nothing wrong with extensive Touhou music listening.  I myself love muting a game that I don't exactly care for the music in and blasting my All Touhou Music playlist.

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #726 on: January 04, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
I often listen to remixes of Touhou music/Touhou music itself as opposed to "normal music" because... I don't actually know  :V I just find the music of today quite boring (and very annoying in the case of "Gangnam Style >:() and Touhou music to be much more interesting, I guess.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #727 on: January 04, 2013, 09:53:11 PM »
I often listen to remixes of Touhou music/Touhou music itself as opposed to "normal music" because... I don't actually know  :V I just find the music of today quite boring (and very annoying in the case of "Gangnam Style >:() and Touhou music to be much more interesting, I guess.
Because Touhou music is so much better than "normal music." :V
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #728 on: January 04, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »
Because Touhou music is so much better than "normal music." :V
In some ways yes! :V

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #729 on: January 05, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »
Top 50 Boss Themes (part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRjM0rIBwhk

Now hold on. Before anyone looks, don't blame me for this guy's opinion. Personally, I'm amazed Touhou Project was even on there, given how obscure it is compared to mainstream games.

48: UN OWEN WAS HER
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #730 on: January 05, 2013, 11:39:27 PM »
48: UN OWEN WAS HER
Too bad his audio for that song was....lackluster.

Anyway, I have 371 songs on my iTunes and 214 of them are Touhou related.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #731 on: January 06, 2013, 02:23:01 AM »
Something random.

What if Touhou char was in X story? If everyone keeps to their original personalities, how would it end?

This thread is born because of that. I even did all the Twilight haters a favor, because it got used as an example. I picked a relatively minor plot point from the book, pulled a one char switch, and wrote gleefully in glorious detail how it ruined the story.

End result:
Edward gets decked by Keine.
Bella is taken to Gensokyo. Originally, Keine's plan was to have Yukari mind wipe her (since her own abilities were blocked for obvious reasons) but when that doesn't work, Bella has to stay there. Forever.
Naturally, everyone outside, including Edward, forgets she exists. Keine does a MUCH better job covering her tracks than the MiB guys... and much more easily, too.

LadyScarlet

« Reply #732 on: January 06, 2013, 03:26:08 AM »
I just bought Scribblenauts Unlimited off of Steam. What's the first thing I do after the tutorial?

Yep, use the object editor to make Yuyuko Saigyouji. You can find her in the Steam Workshop; any criticism is appreciated, as I think I missed some features.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2013, 03:44:25 AM »
*snorts* NICE! I like it!

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #734 on: January 06, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Oh god. Playing with my new tablet, I decided to look at some maps, for fun found Japan, zoomed Kiyoto, and found... "338-2 eirin". 0_0 You may try to find it on googlemaps.
I wonder if it is just coincidence. :3

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

LadyScarlet

« Reply #735 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »
More Scribblenauts Unlimited Touhou madness. 8D

I instantly thought of... Well, I'm sure you all can guess. :V

Also made everyone's favorite loli vampire claiming to be a descendant of Dracula, Remilia Scarlet! You can get her on the Steam Workshop just like my Yuyuko.

« Reply #736 on: January 07, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »
When you see the headline "Grazed by a Bullet" on the news and think "Pfft, big deal".

LadyScarlet

« Reply #737 on: January 08, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »
In PE, we did warm-ups where the girls would do moving exercises and the boys would go after the girls went halfway across the gym. I was always the last girl, so I ended up "grazing" the boys. I even counted graze points in my head! (It was about 15 or so).

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
« Reply #738 on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:22 AM »
When you name your Paladin in Baldur's Gate Reimu Hakurei.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #739 on: January 10, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »
Reading a book: Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America

Somewhere around the middle:
He picked Satoru Iwata, one of...

Thought it read Satori and did a double take. Then reread it and said to myself (as a joke, I clearly have no actual intentions of doing this) : "OK, I really need to stop this."

Writing epitaphs in Latin class. This was mine:

"Here lies a departed soul. He has paid his toll to Komachi Onozuka, and has crossed the Sanzu River. He was hopefully not detained by Shikieiki Yamaxanadu for a lecture for more than a half hour. He goes now to rest in the netherworld, and possibly meet Youmu Konpaku if he's lucky."

Needless to say, when I read it, everyone else looked at me like: "Huh?"

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #740 on: January 10, 2013, 08:57:48 PM »
Japanese names in a Latin epitaph. Genius!  :getdown:

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #741 on: January 10, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »
I have some theories about Bad Apple (mentioning them to anyone else nets me this: "Like Inception?")

Keep in mind, this interpretation requires one to shelve the fanon theory of "Maribel is Yukari" that some people believe, so if you're one of those people, ignore me.

I think it's Maribel singing this one, lost between two worlds, hers and theirs. She no longer can tell the difference between reality and Gensokyo. (Maybe it's a dream, maybe nothing else is real)
She has been cycling between them pretty regularly (ever on and on, i continue circling, in a Carousel of agony)
She no longer has feelings for anyone (my heart starts vanishing)
She asks herself which side she will stay on (black, white, black)
She knows it's important, and at the end, as far as I can tell, she picks black. Question is, which side is "black?" It's never made clear.

Possible Interpretations of Black vs. White
Gensokyo: Adventure, Adrenaline, Fun times (white) versus Reality: Boring, bland (Black)
OR
Reality: Safer, not as likely to be attacked on sight (white) vs. Gensokyo: Inherently risky, very likely to be attacked by a youkai, (black)

1st view: Guess she's not into adventure. Which makes NO SENSE, given that she's very clearly portrayed as such.
2nd view. She likes risks, and decides they're worth it.

And now my pathetic attempt at an ASCII comic.
       Reimu                                                                                       coins                                               pit                                     YukariCam
____(<$-$>)ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo_ooo _______________________<>
                                                                                                                                                              |    |
                                                                                                                                                              |⑨|
                                                                                                                                                              |    |
                                                                                                                                                             |_⑨_| <----Actually set by Yukari. She's bored again and decided to use an amateurish prank so as to make Reimu and Team ⑨ clash again.

Reimu: MONEY!!!!!!!
Yukari: This'll be fun... and harmless. And it beats watching people throw a ball around, since that's all people love on Mondays. How that's football is anyone's guess.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:01:23 PM by Cybeast710 »

LadyScarlet

« Reply #742 on: January 12, 2013, 04:09:34 AM »
I just got another addition to my figure shelf! This time it's a Nendoroid Flandre Scarlet. Read about and see pictures of her here!

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #743 on: January 12, 2013, 06:00:48 AM »
I mistook Kauai for Hourai.
I'm going blind.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #744 on: January 12, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
And now my pathetic attempt at an ASCII comic.
       Reimu                                                                                       coins                                               pit                                     YukariCam
____(<$-$>)ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo_ooo _______________________<>
                                                                                                                                                              |    |
                                                                                                                                                              |⑨|
                                                                                                                                                              |    |
                                                                                                                                                             |_⑨_| <----Actually set by Yukari. She's bored again and decided to use an amateurish prank so as to make Reimu and Team ⑨ clash again.

Reimu: MONEY!!!!!!!
Yukari: This'll be fun... and harmless. And it beats watching people throw a ball around, since that's all people love on Mondays. How that's football is anyone's guess.
Gee, where have I seen THAT before?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #745 on: January 12, 2013, 04:16:23 PM »
We all know Reimu's greedy though. Besides, the game FORCES you to fall for that. However, unlike a seasoned player (who could spot that from a mile away), Reimu would just rush into that one without thinking.

Another YukariCam             Angry                               Thin Ice              Cirno
____<>______________________<V(-)V>___________________------------________<O-O>

Cirno: I didn't do it, I swear!
Angry Reimu: GEEEEET BAAAACK HEEEEEEERE!

Yukari: Ah, conflict. My favorite sport.

Also, found some very nice Dr. Seuss Touhou parodies HERE

Been editing THIS since Sunday, when I recorded it.
Ran into so many issues, but it's done. I give you: EOSD: Brawl Edition!!
Meiling vs. Sakuya vs. Marisa vs. Remilia.
Done on an actual disc and TV (hence the quality)
50 lives.
All items.
Stage: F-Zero
Song: Concerto of the Crimson Night (replacing "Devil's Call in Your Heart")
AI level: 9.
WHO WILL WIN?!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:07:53 PM by Cybeast710 »

« Reply #746 on: January 17, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
Today at work I had to play some music for the class I work in since they were reading a book on the Beatles and we were listening to the origins of rock 'n roll.  I was sitting there at the computer and said I felt like a DJ...which in turn made me think of all those DJ Youkai jokes that were made about Miko back when I was watching the Ten Desires streams right after it came out (since the English speakers in the chat had no idea what was being said and what the new characters were about).

« Reply #747 on: January 18, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
Welp, my Patchy plushie arrived today.

Added to my growing collection:

Should be expecting Yukari on either Tuesday or Wednesday.  :3

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #748 on: January 18, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »
Reading random webcomics... finds Touhou in NETHACK comic.

OK... Look at the third to last panel of this.

Now. according to the Nethack wiki, that color e is a FREEZING SPHERE.

Guess who comes to mind?

« Reply #749 on: January 18, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
Was taking field trip pictures today for our class and had just gotten the camera out, on and snapped a picture very quickly.

Me out loud: "I'm getting to be quite the quick draw with this thing."

Me in my mind: "I'm starting to feel like Aya..."