Author Topic: Remilia Quest  (Read 93278 times)

Re: Remilia Quest
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »
>Batcloud again, but this time reform right in front of her, and then grab her by the collar.

>Quickly dispersing into your bat swarm again, several of your bats are impaled upon the ice bristles on the fledglings' back. This neither hurts, nor does it injure you in any way, but it does make you mad. It might not annoy you under different circumstances, but this is a mere CHILD. How DARE she do that to the Scarlet Devil herself!
>Reforming yourself in front of her, you reach out and snag the collar of the forest green tunic she wears. Give the girl credit, however, her reflexes are quite good. Recovering faster than you might have thought, the girl reaches her head forward and opens her mouth, seeking to sink her fangs into your wrist.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »
>Lift her up, then slam her into the ground!
>Once we've done that, grab her by the hair and drag her up so our eyes are level with hers.
>"Now then, done warming up? Because so far, I'm not impressed."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:49:54 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »
>Lift her up, then slam her into the ground!
>Once we've done that, grab her by the hair and drag her up so our eyes are level with hers.
>"Now then, done warming up? Because so far, I'm not impressed."

>As you are still some feet in the air, you don't think you'd be able to slam her into the ground fast enough to keep her teeth out of your wrist. And the taste of your blood is not something this impertinent pup has earned. So you settle for driving her into a nearby tree first, which breaks her focus. THEN you slam her into the forest floor and drag her up again, leaving fledgling-shaped indentations on the ground and in the tree trunk.
>Though obviously pained, the fledgling strains against your grip momentarily, then opens her eyes and smiles at you, a small laugh escaping her. "Aren't you having fun? I know I am!"
>The upstart young vampire shapeshifts into her rat form, and though her transformation isn't quite as smooth as yours, it is enough to let her escape your grip. Hitting the ground, she scampers into the undergrowth to your northeast.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »
>"Troublesome child..."
>Dissolve into batcloud yet again to keep up!
>Of course, hide our presence so she'll think she got away.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:13:17 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2012, 04:57:19 AM »
>"Troublesome child..."
>Dissolve into batcloud yet again to keep up!
>Of course, hide our presence so she'll think she got away.

>Kids these days...
>You break up into your bat swarm form again, and spread out a bit to locate the miscreant. This actually proves a bit trickier than you'd anticipated. The brush and bushes around her are fairly dense, and your bat eyes are not as sharp as your human forms, more of them though you do possess.
>After several seconds, however, your task is made a lot easier by the sound of a sharp rodent-like squeek, followed immediately by the fledgling's human form growing up from a thornbush, yelling and swatting at her body. She appears to have small black insects crawling all over her.
>From above you to your right comes a proud voice, "Black soldier ants!" It is Wriggle the insect youkai, obviously calling on some of her friends. "Bad place for a rat!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2012, 05:03:16 AM »
>Reform on a branch overlooking the whole scene.
>"Ah, firefly. I simply must thank you for flushing her out. I shall handle this from here."
>Let's rocket into the fledgling with Demon Lord Arrow. Just hard enough to knock her silly though.

(Demon Lord Arrow is another skillcard from the fighters.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2012, 06:36:40 AM »
>Reform on a branch overlooking the whole scene.
>"Ah, firefly. I simply must thank you for flushing her out. I shall handle this from here."
>Let's rocket into the fledgling with Demon Lord Arrow. Just hard enough to knock her silly though.

>You return to your humanoid form as you land upon a sturdy tree branch, watching the neophyte flail. She seems so human in the movement. She has so much to learn...
>Wriggle descends towards the cloaked vampire, but upon seeing you, backs up again slightly. "Uh, sure. No problem."
>That done, you flip backwards to touch your feet off the tree trunk, then barrel forward, your image blurred, leaving a trail of scarlet energy behind you. The fledgling, still distracted, does not even react, let alone attempt to dodge or counterattack. Your attack strikes her in the chest and jaw, sending her careening backwards several feet, crashing heavily into a tree and stopping dead. She does appear to have been knocked quite silly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2012, 07:18:38 AM »
>Smirk a little. "I suppose this should suffice for now."
>Let's head to move so that if the kid does try something, she'll get smacked for it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »
>Smirk a little. "I suppose this should suffice for now."
>Let's head to move so that if the kid does try something, she'll get smacked for it.

>Pausing in midair, you stop to enjoy the sensation of beating a little sense, hopefully, into this young'un. You note Wriggle throw a cheer in your direction.
>You hover slowly down towards the fledgling, who is holding her head like someone nursing a massive headache. "I didn't know a hit could make me dizzy now..." she mutters to herself, before looking up at you again, moving her hand down to massage her jaw.
>"All right, I get the point. I didn't know that youkai belonged to you."
>"Hey!" Wriggle yells, drawing closer. "I don't 'belong' to anyone!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »
>Let's laugh a little. "Hah, and yet again you are mistaken."
>Smirk. "Also....I was holding back. No sense in teaching someone if they expire in the process, no?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »
>Let's laugh a little. "Hah, and yet again you are mistaken."
>Smirk. "Also....I was holding back. No sense in teaching someone if they expire in the process, no?"

>You enjoy the youngling's mistake on yet another matter momentarily.
>The blonde stops working over her jaw to dap her finger at the still-bleeding wound on her neck, licking the blood off before speaking again. She seems somewhat confused. "Teach me?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
>Smirk. "Well, to start with, teach you who the superior vampire is."
>"Besides, it's unbecoming for the Vampire Race to have an untrained young upstart like yourself running wild."
>Sigh. "Honestly, you go wild at the scent of even your own blood. Even my admittedly off-balance sister does not do such a thing."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
>Smirk. "Well, to start with, teach you who the superior vampire is."
>"Besides, it's unbecoming for the Vampire Race to have an untrained young upstart like yourself running wild."
>Sigh. "Honestly, you go wild at the scent of even your own blood. Even my admittedly off-balance sister does not do such a thing."

>The youngster blanches at your frank commentary, but she doesn't seem able to say much about it. Your demonstration of superiority seems to have worked. But your mention of your sister seems to strike a memory in her, and looks down and away from you for a moment, before sucking in a breath through her teeth. "I thought I recognized that name. You're the Scarlet Devil, aren't you?"
>"What're you gonna do with her?" Wriggle asks you, still maintaining a somewhat cautious distance from you both.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »
>Smile in a slightly ominous way. "Oho? So even a young upstart like you has heard of me. Good, that already works toward you redeeming yourself."
>Look to Wriggle. "Well, in the old days, I wouldn't have pulled my punches, and would have eliminated her. But this is Gensokyo after all, so I'll settle for taking her as Sakuya's temporary replacement until she's found."
>Then look back to the fledgling with all our charisma, power, and elegance. "Now then, what is your name?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
>Smile in a slightly ominous way. "Oho? So even a young upstart like you has heard of me. Good, that already works toward you redeeming yourself."
>Look to Wriggle. "Well, in the old days, I wouldn't have pulled my punches, and would have eliminated her. But this is Gensokyo after all, so I'll settle for taking her as Sakuya's temporary replacement until she's found."
>Then look back to the fledgling with all our charisma, power, and elegance. "Now then, what is your name?"

>The youngling closes her eyes, and lets out a very slow breath. "I understand." She opens her eyes and climbs to her feet. "If you mean to take me, then I have no choice but to fight you. I will not betray my sire, and I will serve no other. You'll not take me while there is fight in this body."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »
>Grin ominously. "Well, you have fight in you, that shows promise, youngling. Now, prove to me what you can do! Can you surpass the Eternally Young Scarlet Moon?!"
>Let's flare the aura up to 50%. We may as well show her just how strong we are.
>We'll let her have the first move, and react accordingly.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
>Grin ominously. "Well, you have fight in you, that shows promise, youngling. Now, prove to me what you can do! Can you surpass the Eternally Young Scarlet Moon?!"
>Let's flare the aura up to 50%. We may as well show her just how strong we are.
>We'll let her have the first move, and react accordingly.

>The neophyte vampires' face falls briefly as you power up, then steels itself. The resolve of one who knows full well that she is in over her head. But can not, or will not, back down.
>Still, something about that last exchange strikes you as odd. While almost all vampires do possess a built in loyalty to their sires, at least until they acquire sufficient power to override this, that loyalty can be overpowered by the presence of a vampire that is stronger than their sire. You yourself have existed for many centuries, your power considerable. And yet, this child did not bow to you, remains loyal to her sire.
>But time to ponder that later. For now, there is still a battle to fight, however brief it may be.
>The fledgling vampire spreads her arms out to her sides, a pair of ice crystals extending from her wrists, out like knives. But she does not attack, merely asks, "Since you are the Scarlet Devil of Gensokyo, you of course know of the spellcard rules. My skill at danmaku is only simple, but I can compete on that level. Your power exceeds mine, no matter how we fight. My sire would say, it's only proper to allow you the choice of battle forms."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2012, 12:53:23 PM »
>Smirk. "Well, at least your sire knows how to teach you some measure of respect. Very well then, it is only fair that I give you a fighting chance! We shall use the spellcard rules then, First one to expend five cards, loses. That is, unless you lack even that number."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2012, 01:08:11 PM »
>Smirk. "Well, at least your sire knows how to teach you some measure of respect. Very well then, it is only fair that I give you a fighting chance! We shall use the spellcard rules then, First one to expend five cards, loses. That is, unless you lack even that number."

>The youngling chuckles a wry chuckle. "Just one, actually. I never figured I'd ever run up against someone like you."
>"Hey!" Wriggle cries again. "If you had danmaku, why did you attack me like you did? That's against the rules!"
>The fledgling looks confused momentarily. "You're a youkai." she replies simply. "I'm a vampire. I'm better than you."
>Oh, the arrogance of youth...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Ah youth...I recall when I was that young and foolish. Very well then, we'll simply use Danmaku until one of us has taken enough to require a surrender. Does that sound fair?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Ah youth...I recall when I was that young and foolish. Very well then, we'll simply use Danmaku until one of us has taken enough to require a surrender. Does that sound fair?"

>The blonde vampire nods. "No spellcards from either of us?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
>Nod. "But of course, I am a woman of my word after all. Now, shall we begin?"
>We'll let her try the first salvo.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2012, 01:38:12 AM »
>Nod. "But of course, I am a woman of my word after all. Now, shall we begin?"
>We'll let her try the first salvo.

>The fledgling withdraws her ice blades back into her wrist. She flies slowly upwards. "Agreed." Wriggle, you note, has backed up a few feet, not wanting to get caught in the crossfire between two vampires, despite her obvious anger at the youngling.
>Spreading her arms out to her side, a spread of light purple wedge-shaped bullets fly forth from the fledgling, somewhat erratic in their flight, the only ones really threatening to you heading for your left side ribcage.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2012, 04:20:44 AM »
>Slip past effortlessly, and fling an energy-bat at her.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2012, 05:36:30 AM »
>Slip past effortlessly, and fling an energy-bat at her.

>Sliding oh so easily to the left, you return her bullet spread with a single bat, just to see what she's made of in a danmaku battle. And this, she manages to evade, sliding to her right, staying in front of you. She swings her arm in front of her, and a loose spiral of white and blue bullets appear in front of her, and spin out in a 30 degree cone in front of her, with you roughly in the middle.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2012, 05:39:16 AM »
>Smirk. "You might have potential after all. But can you handle this?"
>Break right through with Servant Flier!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2012, 06:59:48 AM »
>Smirk. "You might have potential after all. But can you handle this?"
>Break right through with Servant Flier!

>Her bullet spiral is no match for a quartet of energy bats. Any bullet that could have threatened you is overridden by your bats, although one of them does fade in the process. The rest are slowed enough to allow the fledgling time enough to go evasive, flying up and to your right. She manages to get away from two bats, but the third catches up to her, striking her torso, backing her up a pace.
>The fledgling raises her head, a faint smile on her face. "You do it like this?"
>She grabs her cloak, and spins in place, the black fabric wrapping around her, a cold mist growing around frame. From the mist comes a trio of crystalline bat-shaped projectiles, nearly the same shape as your Servant Flier.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2012, 07:02:36 AM »
>Smirk. "Not bad, picking that technique up after seeing it a few times. That further proves that you're worth my time."
>Let's match it with our own!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2012, 07:11:52 AM »
>Smirk. "Not bad, picking that technique up after seeing it a few times. That further proves that you're worth my time."
>Let's match it with our own!

>Impressive though it may be, her projectiles are slightly flawed, and slower than your own. Sending forth your own bats to intercept them is simplicity itself. The fledgling stops spinning after her bets are shattered.
>"Keine used to say I was a pretty quick learner. I think even faster now."
>She spreads her arms again, and the cold mist gathers around her lower body. As the youngling drifts backwards, bullets fly from the mist in multiple directions, in a maneuver not entirely dissimilar to one of the bullet patterns Sakuya described to you that belonged to that winter youkai she fought some years back.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2012, 07:19:01 AM »
>Smirk somewhat. "Not bad, however...Can you withstand taking a hit from this?"
>Let's use the first nonspell we used back  during the scarlet mist thing.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!