Author Topic: Mokou Quest 2: Sinnoh Edition  (Read 288151 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Mokou Quest 2: Sinnoh Edition
« Reply #900 on: December 07, 2012, 03:26:52 AM »
> If we're in danger of being crushed by a falling ceiling, jump back and angle the column upwards.

> You do this, but you find fire is not very effective against rock. You consider using explosions, but you aren't sure how that would help keep the ceiling up.

> Course, you're sure that Nue's fox felt the heat, in (almost) every sense of the word.

> You suspect that in a few seconds this passage will no longer be usable.

>Try to swing it at Nue while we're at it.

> You finding that the falling rocks, while not having quite avalanched yet, are putting some good cover between you and her.

>Didn't the Pokedex say something about Lucario tracking people? Might be best to have it beat on Zoroark.

I'm thinking we only get to use 1 pokemon.

> While this is true, you may wind up using the thing just to find the brat, if she really seals this place up.

> Nue smiles with a lick of her lips. "Close the trap," Nue commands, as she places as much distance between the rock slide and herself as possible. You hear another sharp snap, and you notice another set of radiating cracks starting just behind you.

>_

« Reply #901 on: December 07, 2012, 03:31:55 AM »
>Fire blitz Nue again. This time with exploding fire to smash the falling rocks before they crush us.
>Hey, the cave's not going to be usable anyway, who cares if we blow it up?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #902 on: December 07, 2012, 05:14:51 AM »
>"Myon, attack Nue with anything and everything!"
>"Except for Kogasa."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #903 on: December 08, 2012, 12:48:41 AM »
>Fire blitz Nue again. This time with exploding fire to smash the falling rocks before they crush us.
>Hey, the cave's not going to be usable anyway, who cares if we blow it up?

> You decide to use exploding flare blitz, in spite of the fact that much like exploding fire punch, it has a significant amount of recoil damage. Your charge does blow the rocks out of the way, but you are also blowing chunks of yourself off too.

>"Myon, attack Nue with anything and everything!"
>"Except for Kogasa."

> "Good job Zori, now finish the job and seal her up!" Nue commands as she lets out a sinister cackle, and you hear a third loud crack. A typhoon of stone tumbles down in front of you, completely blocking the way forward. But much to Nue's newfound dumfoundedness, she's sealed on the same side of the collapse as you.

> You smash Nue head on, in what should have been a lethal blast, but when you hit her you find her disguise dissipates.

> You also find yourself impaled by the girl's trident in the place of the head of her disguise, with all 6 wings imbedding themselves in your gut. Then after about a second of this your fire blitz's explosion kicks in, throwing Nue into the rubble behind her. Groaning, she slowly forces herself up. As she makes to stand, her Zoroark drops down with both claws extended. She manages to react just in time to block the creature with her trident, before swinging both her weapon and the fox thing in your general direction.

> The Zoroark responds by putting some distance between itself and Nue. It then asks you, "This what you had in mind, boss?"

> Nue actually cracks a smile after all of this, though she immediately calls "Timeout."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #904 on: December 08, 2012, 01:07:13 AM »
> "Anyone ever tell you you're good at improvising?"
> Turn to Nue with a sinister grin.
> "I don't remember anything about battles having timeouts."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
« Reply #905 on: December 08, 2012, 02:27:23 AM »
>Santa Ex Machina
>Or breathe fire in Nue's dumbbell-shaped face.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #906 on: December 08, 2012, 04:58:04 AM »
> "Anyone ever tell you you're good at improvising?"

> "Not recently," Zoroark says. "Well, I am pretty geat."

> Turn to Nue with a sinister grin.
> "I don't remember anything about battles having timeouts."

> The cracks along the walls and ceiling of the cavern stretch further with a ear-splitting snap. "Fine, no timeout," she huffs while calling Zoroark back, leaving your haunter standing where Zoroark was. She then whips out a small stack of papers, which appear to have seals stamped to them. Nue lets out a cackle, and adds, "You get buried, I win."

>Santa Ex Machina

> You aren't sure what Santa Ex Machina is, but if your guess is right, you don't quite understand why Santa would suddenly appear in this cave to explain to Nue the true spirit of Christmas. Nor how this would help you win.

>Or breathe fire in Nue's dumbbell-shaped face.

> Barring Santa Claus, you decide to breath fire in her face. Nue launches herself headlong into your flames, leaving a flurry of talismans in her wake. You easily envelop her in flames, and yet the moment the fire touches her, she breaks out into near hysterics. "Inch from death, baby!" she squeels, reaching towards you with talisman in hand.

> Current condition - broken fingers, sore throat, bleeding a lot from all the exploding attacks.

>_
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:11:09 AM by capt. h »

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #907 on: December 08, 2012, 05:37:08 AM »
( I am thoroughly amused by what you did with my Santa Ex Machina suggestion. I Laughed. Hard.)
>Easter Bunny Ex Machina.
>Fujiyama. Send him out. NOW. It's your only chance.

« Reply #908 on: December 08, 2012, 08:09:58 AM »
>Why bother? We have Myon.
>Do move from Nue though. Talismans do bad things, we should know.
>"Myon, hypnosis."
>And throw a fireball or ten at her because fire makes everything better.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #909 on: December 08, 2012, 01:58:57 PM »
>Can we burn the talismen?
>"I gotta say, this battle is much more fun and challenging than I was expecting."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:03:18 PM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #910 on: December 09, 2012, 04:10:12 AM »
>Easter Bunny Ex Machina.

> You haven't met Reisen or Tewi yet, so you can't really call them for help. You might be able to convince Reisen to take the part, since she's been the village Easter Bunny before. Although you doubt Tewi would be interested. Last time she broke into someone's house to hide rotten eggs, Reimu woke up. You never could completely piece together what happened next, but during the hospitalization she would occasionally mutter "No... not my feet..."

>Fujiyama. Send him out. NOW. It's your only chance.

> You suspect that these charms are bad news, and you might need a little defense.

>Why bother? We have Myon.

> Although for now, you decide Myon is enough.

>Do move from Nue though. Talismans do bad things, we should know.

> You've both used and have been hit by enough of them to know. You duck out of the girl's way, though oddly instead of changing course she speeds forwards.

>"I gotta say, this battle is much more fun and challenging than I was expecting."

> Nue dive-rolls onto the ground in some fast-paced attempt to extinguish herself, all the while laughing. "What, you were expecting a pushover?" she asks.

>Can we burn the talismen?

> You notice that the charm Nue tried to stick you with is on fire, as well as the top of her stack. Nue notices this too, and hurls half her charms as hard as she can towards the dead end.

>"Myon, hypnosis."
>And throw a fireball or ten at her because fire makes everything better.

> The two of you make to attack, unleashing your respective moves as Nue starts charging away in a flurry of charms. As the two of you chase after her, you hear an explosion from behind. A glance back shows that the burned talismans appear to have exploded, leaving a large crater in the floor. It also shows that the remaining charms have stuck themselves to the floor and walls.

> "Final Play!" Nue declares. With a snap of her fingers, the rest of the talismans start going off in a series of much smaller explosions, starting with the ones farthest from Nue. They take out chunks of whatever they're attached to, nearly immediately causing a cascading wave of rock and debris to fall from the ceiling towards the three of you.

> You realize you may need to bother with your Registeel. Or at least run. Running is good.

>_
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:06:42 AM by capt. h »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #911 on: December 09, 2012, 04:18:38 AM »
>Don't run. Running is the cowardly option. Send out FUJIYAMA, GOD AMONG POKEMON!
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #912 on: December 09, 2012, 04:48:48 AM »
>Burn Kaguya's Hair

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #913 on: December 09, 2012, 05:11:53 AM »
>Isn't this a one-pokemon fight? Plus steel is weak to fire, limiting our options.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #914 on: December 09, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »
>Isn't this a one-pokemon fight? Plus steel is weak to fire, limiting our options.
WHO CARES!
Also: >You must gather your party before venturing forth.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:12:51 AM by Hawkpath1337 »

« Reply #915 on: December 10, 2012, 02:41:30 AM »
>Getting Fujiwara exploded would be inconvenient though
>Move away from the collapsing rocks with the haste.
>Doing that will also move us closer to Nue so while we're at it, pyrotechnics on her. Multitasking!
>We should get a rock melting flame some day. For now though we can just use the exploding flames if we're going to get crushed.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #916 on: December 10, 2012, 04:39:10 AM »
>Superheat some water then drop an ice cube in it.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #917 on: December 10, 2012, 05:57:37 AM »
Mod Stuff

( I am thoroughly amused by what you did with my Santa Ex Machina suggestion. I Laughed. Hard.)

Thank you.

Anyway, looking for a tiebreaker.

2 votes use Fujiyama and stand ground.

2 votes Don't use Fujiyama, chase the nue.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #918 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
Chase the nue.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #919 on: December 10, 2012, 12:12:40 PM »
>Nue

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #920 on: December 10, 2012, 02:03:31 PM »
>Nue nue nue nue
>Nue nue nueeeeeeeeeee nue nue nue nue
>nue nue nue nue yukarin nue nue nue nue nueeeee

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #921 on: December 10, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »
>Fujiyama
>After this whole fiasco is done, return to Johto to find and catch that Entei.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #922 on: December 11, 2012, 02:04:30 AM »
>Don't run. Running is the cowardly option. Send out FUJIYAMA, GOD AMONG POKEMON!

> You realize that Fujiyama is the obvious choice for caves, and not getting crushed inside them.

WHO CARES!

>Getting Fujiwara exploded would be inconvenient though

Chase the nue.

>Nue nue nue nue
>Nue nue nueeeeeeeeeee nue nue nue nue
>nue nue nue nue yukarin nue nue nue nue nueeeee

> Begrudgingly, you admit Fujiyama probably wouldn't like your fire. So you decide to chase down the Nue. Though you'll have to save any Yukarin chasing for when you find one.

\>Superheat some water then drop an ice cube in it.

> The ice cube would crack, then melt. You don't think now is the best time to run that experiment.

Also: >You must gather your party before venturing forth.

> You realize Kogasa is stuck on the other side of the cascading stone. You... how are you going to get back there anyway?

> You decide to worry about this later.

>Burn Kaguya's Hair

> You add this to your list of things you want to do to Kaguya next time you meet her. This list includes bragging, adding salt to her water, and vehicular manslaughter.

>Move away from the collapsing rocks with the haste.
>Doing that will also move us closer to Nue so while we're at it, pyrotechnics on her. Multitasking!
>We should get a rock melting flame some day. For now though we can just use the exploding flames if we're going to get crushed.

> You realize now is not the time to be contemplating. You launch yourself at Nue while hurling fire at her, Myon right on your heels. You manage to brush off any charms that get too close easily enough, occasionally blowing up one or two ahead of yourself with the wayward fireball. It appears Nue is slowing down, she isn't as agile as she was earlier, and as you begin to catch up you manage to hit her left wings.

> Nue is knocked to the ground. She attempts to get up, but her movements are very sluggish. She then turns her head back towards you, giving you the strangest laugh as you swear she lips "You got me," through the roar of the cave. The nue then rids herself of all her remaining charms at once. Seeing as they're still a mere 2 feet away from her, you wonder if she's suicidal as she lifts her fingers to snap. The fall gave you enough time to catch up, so on the front you are a mere foot or so away from the charms and 4 feet from Nue. Behind you the cave is still trembling under the girl's explosions, you don't actually want to look back to see how far away they are but you'd guess less than 20 feet.

>After this whole fiasco is done, return to Johto to find and catch that Entei.

> You realize that you really want that Entei. And that this really is a fiasco, isn't it?

> Maybe once you aren't underground you'll go looking for it.

>_
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:19:55 AM by capt. h »

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #923 on: December 11, 2012, 02:52:09 AM »
Once again, I am satisfied with my results.
>Burn Nue's hair.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #924 on: December 11, 2012, 04:05:04 AM »
>Burn Nue. All of her.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #925 on: December 11, 2012, 07:16:32 AM »
>Grab her wrist! Gaze into her eyes.
>"Nue ... isn't this enough?"
>cherry blossom petals waft by

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #926 on: December 11, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
>call your pokemon back.
>Pick up kogasa and run off with her. Preferably out of the cave.

« Reply #927 on: December 11, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »
>Just grab her and zoom away. If we kill her we'll have trouble making her fox thing teach us how to melt into the ground.
>This would be the time to have Fujiwara deal with the collapsing cave and find Kogasa.
>Screw Marisa though.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #928 on: December 11, 2012, 11:37:18 PM »
>Just grab her and zoom away. If we kill her we'll have trouble making her fox thing teach us how to melt into the ground.
>This would be the time to have Fujiwara deal with the collapsing cave and find Kogasa.
>Screw Marisa though.
THIS ISN'T YUKARI DOLT!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #929 on: December 12, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »
Once again, I am satisfied with my results.
>Burn Nue's hair.

>Burn Nue. All of her.

>Grab her wrist! Gaze into her eyes.

> Her eyes are actually kinda scary.

> With one hand you grab her wrist and with the other you grab her head, incinerating both at the same time as you make to zoom away. Though before you can get anywhere, she snaps her fingers.

> Both of you are blasted forward, you taking the brunt of the explosion, and Nue snapping her back on the rock behind her as she cushions your crash. Looking back, the cave in stopped approaching the two of you, only going as far as Nue's explosions loosened the rock.

>"Nue ... isn't this enough?"
>cherry blossom petals waft by

> "Heh. Maybe." Nue mutters. You try to stumble off of her when you realize that you lost a leg in that last attack. Nue attempts to lift herself off the ground and fails. "I... I need a breather," she gasps "Congrats."

> You decide to forgo days of romancing Kogasa for the sake of being shipped with Nue.

>call your pokemon back.

> Oh, right, Myon. You should make sure that he didn't get sent to hell back there.

> You feel a hand grab your shoulder. "Boss," Myon says, aparently using you for support. You aren't at all sure how that works with the disembodied hands and everything, but somehow he's managing, "It's over, right? No more explosions?"

> "Yep," you say, returning him back to his ball.

>Pick up kogasa and run off with her. Preferably out of the cave.

> Good idea! Looking around, you realize that while you would like to do this as quickly as possible, the marked route (and the route to Kogasa) is blocked off. While the cave forks in ten or twenty directions about a hundred feet behind you, and you suspect you might be able to find an alternate route, that's a lot of cave to search. You're pretty sure your phone won't work underground either.

>Screw Marisa though.

> Might as well try to do something with Fujiyama. You let your Registeel out of it's ball.

> You decide you really don't care whether you find Marisa or not, although you would like to know the prize she and Kogasa worked out. You realize for now sitting is good, since you're missing a leg. Maybe even napping, you think it's been well over 24 hours since you last slept. Still, Fujiyama is good with caves, so you wonder what you want it to do. Actually, you look over your pokemon, wondering which is best for getting the lost unlost.

> You currently have the following with you:

> Ponyta
> Charmeleon
> Registeel
> Haunter
> Crobat
> Lucario

>_