Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns  (Read 228177 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns
« Reply #930 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »
You don't have to necessarily support your AD carry if they're that bad. You can go to other lanes and support other people too if you think it will better your odds of winning. Hell I literally did that in last game I played :derp:

A kill steal here and there isn't too bad, especially if your carry is terrible, and there is a saying that it's not a kill steal it's kill secured :V, but generally you want them to be fed.

I once tried to support a Vladimir top because my allied Ashe kept pushing and attempting to fight like a moron when we were Ashe/Lulu against Taric/Graves, and every time she pushed into her death she'd rage and blame me, and tell me to go away or go AFK, every moment for the rest of the game.

Que the Vlad raging too. I even tried mid and got raged at.

Ashe is completely useless, rageing, telling me to go away or go AFK and feeding like a total boss. Why should I stay bot and feed them as well because I'm basically support v Fed Graves alone?

Ranked is filled with people who get on their knees and worship the meta regardless of the situation. People who fail to comprehend situations like the above.

Especially funny since I helped Vlad get a kill and he STILL raged at me.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2012, 05:23:57 PM »
I am Blitz in a ranked game.  We get into the game, invade their blue (their jungler is Amumu).  They are not there, they're probably taking ours!

The Corki facechecks, promptly explodes for first blood.

I go 5/1/16, the game is a massacre, we destroy them.  That Corki actually turned out to be really good in lane after the facecheck before I could get there and grab; dumb move, but he kicked ass and we won with flying colors.

(Will need to adjust, as Blitz now has my highest kda with 21:1, heh.  Rumble still in second with 6.1 after 7 games!)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
I once tried to support a Vladimir top because my allied Ashe kept pushing and attempting to fight like a moron when we were Ashe/Lulu against Taric/Graves, and every time she pushed into her death she'd rage and blame me, and tell me to go away or go AFK, every moment for the rest of the game.

Que the Vlad raging too. I even tried mid and got raged at.

Ashe is completely useless, rageing, telling me to go away or go AFK and feeding like a total boss. Why should I stay bot and feed them as well because I'm basically support v Fed Graves alone?

Ranked is filled with people who get on their knees and worship the meta regardless of the situation. People who fail to comprehend situations like the above.

Especially funny since I helped Vlad get a kill and he STILL raged at me.
there is no cure for ragers :V

theshirn

« Reply #933 on: August 26, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

FINALS DIGNITAS VS CURSE:

THEY'RE PLAYING ARAM

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #934 on: August 26, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

THEY'RE PLAYING ARAM

When. Where. Yes.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

theshirn

« Reply #935 on: August 26, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live#lol

Dignitas just won game 1.

This is

I

I don't

bwahahahahaaa

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #936 on: August 26, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »
Wel, there goes the only time we'll see a Fiora or Viktor in a Tourny.

Also, they're basically ARAM'ing for $8,000. [$12,000 for 2nd place, $20,000 for 1st]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #937 on: August 26, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
Hey.
Shim.
Hey.
That malphite has a sunfire cape.
Shim.
Does that make you angry.
Hey.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #938 on: August 26, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »
tbh most recent sunfire buff took it out of eve-tier item and put it into weak/niche tier

but even when it was eve tier, it was still good on malphite because of his armor scaling and how he gets extra gold value from health and defensive items because of his passive

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #939 on: August 26, 2012, 11:33:04 PM »
That was one hell of a comeback by curse, boy was I surprised.

And I still say they should nerf the hell out of Darius.

@EDIT

I was thinking of a fanchamp just for fun, how strong would a melee AD carry be if he was pretty much ungankable and you just couldn't escape from him and had power enough to level tanks in seconds but one hit and he literally explodes?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:46:30 AM by Motomiya Sacchi »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #940 on: August 27, 2012, 12:54:25 AM »
I was thinking of a fanchamp just for fun, how strong would a melee AD carry be if he was pretty much ungankable and you just couldn't escape from him and had power enough to level tanks in seconds but one hit and he literally explodes?

so lane yi post 6?

« Reply #941 on: August 27, 2012, 01:12:37 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

THEY'RE PLAYING ARAM

and then they were both disqualified

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #942 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »
Apparently due to having made a deal for one team to throw the match and then they'd split the pot afterwards, not due to the ARAM.

I desperately want to find a video of this oh my god.

EDIT: found it, kind of.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:31:58 AM by Garlyle »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #943 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:45 AM »
so lane yi post 6?

Well, I was once a big time yi player in my complete newb days so saying I didn't base him off of yi even a little bit would certainly be a lie  :V

But not exactly.

It's probably better if I give you guys what I have for the guy anyway.

Movspd: 330
Attack Speed: 0.668 (4% scaling, should be like 1.1 at level 18)
MR: 30 (1,5 scaling)
Armor 8 (3 scaling)

Concealed Sheath(Passive): All auto attacks deal two hits, the second hit deals (1,4% * Champ Level) of the  original damage, the second hit doesn't proc on-hit effects.

Present Life Slash(Q): Dashes to target location, dealing Physical Damage to all targets in a line where he dashes through (40/60/80/100/120 (Extra AD*0,5)). Ult Bonus: Deals a second hit that deals damage equal to the ult's %.

Wings of the Night(W): Does not interrupt movement, creates a vortex in user's location and target location, enemy champions that touch either vortex are slowed by 3/6/9/12/15% for 1 second, and the vortexes last for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds, user can activate the ability again while inside one of the vortexes to teleport to the other one, with a minor mana cost, this can be done indefinitely until vortexes vanish. Both vortexes grant vision where they are cast while active. Ult Bonus: Vortex at user location last 3x as long and all vortexes's slow power is doubled. Can also create a third vortex for as long as the ult is up and use it to teleport to the original vortex.

Clouded Amnesia(E): Creates a small area around the user which can be seen in the fog of war (much like Shaco's Q), stunning enemy champions in it for 0.5 seconds, enemy champions inside the area cannot see outside it, the area lasts for 5 seconds and disappears immediately when user leaves it, the user also gains increasing AD and Attack Speed while inside the area every half-second. Finally, while inside the area user can dash to target location, becoming stealthed for 0,5 seconds upon arrival. Ult Bonus: Stealth duration lasts twice as long and the area lasts for 1 second after user leaves it.

Interdimensional Pact(R): Creates a doppelganger that copies all of user's movements, dealing 20/40/60% of the user's damage in autoattacks and allowing for several changes in his basic abilities. Lasts 7/9/12 seconds. All damage done by the doppelganger procs on-hit effects.

Just need to actually get a good HP and HP scale, he's supposed to be the kind to drop in one hit but actually getting that hit in is absurdly tricky. And for him to just drop people easily. Also need good numbers for his E.

I tend to do this kind of thing for games I like, so, what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:32:01 AM by Motomiya Sacchi »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #944 on: August 27, 2012, 08:54:40 AM »
first thing i notice is scaling mr

only tanks get scaling mr, everyone else just has the flat 30

if you want literally dies in one hit, you probably want lower scaling armor too.

also i think 330 movespeed is what a lot of champions have with boots rofl

passive is an interesting sort of scaling, but it doesn't really create any sort of gameplay for the champion. recently, riot has been shifting away from passives that don't provide any sort of gameplay to kits

q seems cool but i see issues with it essentially being fiora's q except better in every single way.

there are a few issues with w. they actually tested a warp ability like that as lulu's ultimate and found that the skill didn't actually work all that great in game. it could work with a single champion, though. maybe. also how would the player determine which of the three vortexes to warp to? also being able to warp indefinitely seems incredibly strong. vortex over a wall, sit and wait for your enemies to catch up/flash, vortex back over the wall and escape unharmed. mobility is incredibly powerful and giving a champion multiple free flashes on two aoe slows is sort of ridiculous

maybe it's the 5 am but i can't really visualize the e very well. however, putting hard cc on a carry is too powerful. putting hard cc and stealth on a single ability is also kind of ridiculous

his r seems cool visually but in terms of gameplay it has a problem of just being something you push to do more damage. in trying to visualize a playstyle, i find myself putting his r on the same level as fiora's e, something just to press when i want them to die faster

basically there are a bunch of cool but unrefined ideas in this kit, and a lot of power loaded onto single moves. there also doesn't seem to be much kit cohesion, it seems more like the kit is just some move ideas bundled together.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #945 on: August 27, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
True, true, spoke with a friend about this and he said to change the 0.5 secs stun on the E for some extra physical damage, added harrass in early laning and all while removing the hard cc.

For his W, it's something like this: Upon using it you create a vortex e xactly where you are (Vortex 1), and at where you target (Vortex 2), if you activate it again while on top vortex 1, you'd be teleported to vortex 2, and vice-versa, while the ult was active, by activating the ability on the third vortex, you'd come back to the first one. Makes sense?

Also, maybe just one teleport per connection would be better? (Like, you can teleport from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 1 once, or from 3 to 1 or 1 to 3, only once.) And I was thinking for everything to have relatively high cooldowns anyway. Also friend suggested 12/14/16/18/20% slow on vortexes with a 1.5* strength with the ult active (max is still 30% slow).

The dash on the E is for added mobility, the point of the champ is "can't be caught, but if caught, drops before you blink". And speaking of that, maybe armor 8 (2 scale) and 25 base MR with no scaling would be better, then?

And the 330 movspd would just to stay with the idea of "really mobile champ".

For the passive, friend suggested I changed it to 7% + (1% * Champ level), better early, same thing late game. Also, I just got no clue about what else to put as his passive, being an AD Carry I wanted something to help him just deal shittons of damage while still being high-risk high-reward. The ult + passive pretty much give him the same damage as Draven's Q but without having to refresh it and on a much faster notice.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:28:51 PM by Motomiya Sacchi »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #946 on: August 27, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
also i think 330 movespeed is what a lot of champions have with boots rofl
I'm pretty sure basic movespeed ranges from 300~325 depending on champion, with lvl1 boots giving 50 and lvl 3 boots 70. Not sure for the numbers of swiftness and mobility.

Now what I would like to see is a support champ whose abilities summon temporary brushes (lasting 3~10 depending on the ability in question). Different abilities create different colored brushes with different side effects (a line skillshot that leaves a trail of red brush and deals damage, being able to place a blue brush slows enemies who walk through it, stuff like that). The ultimate passively grants the ability to see through brush within a radius of 600/800/1000 units, and activating it damages and roots all enemies who are inside brushes in said radius.  :V

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #947 on: August 27, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
the problem with brush-kun is that before you use your ult, you are essentially giving enemies brush to exist in too. you wouldn't want to cast spells before you were level 6 because it would involve cloaking your enemy. unless you could see through your own brush by default, but then being able to essentially fill the lane with brush is incredibly powerful for stopping ganks. i feel like most of the time, i wouldn't even use the line nuke to deal damage, i'd use it to help my carry avoid damage

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #948 on: August 27, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »
So, anyone heard of SMITE from Hi-Rez? Same folks doing Tribes Ascend?

Yeah, I have a closed beta invite for SMITE. It's a third-person perspective MOBA. I can't run it on my tower - can't run LoL on it right now without a good graphics card, so alas - and this laptop hardly runs WoW without overheating in like thirty minutes.

Interesting now to see all these MOBAs springing up now that LoL and DOTA2 are big-name games.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #949 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »
i have a lot of problems with smite, the biggest of which being the game has really long cc and is a 3rd person action game. in 3rd person games, the player wants to feel active and action-y and moving at all times. long duration cc really clashes with that natural expectation of the genre

also a lot of the skills lack clarity. after ten or so games, i still had no idea what most of the champions i saw could actually do or who was causing what.

there are also some balance things that bother me(creep strength) but since it's a beta and those things may very well be different on release, it's not really worth complaining about

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #950 on: August 27, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »
Hmm, for the purpose of charging an AA or proccing a lichbane, does turning Singed's trail on count as the use of an ability and can charges/procs thus be generated easily by turning it on and off repeatedly? Wondering because a) Singed already gains hp from mana, so gaining ap from it as well would be :V and b) lich bane might provide a really nice damage boost in that case, as well as more movespeed, which is of course always nice for singed.

« Reply #951 on: August 27, 2012, 09:53:31 PM »
Pretty sure on/off abilities don't proc anything

theshirn

« Reply #952 on: August 27, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »
Hmm, for the purpose of charging an AA or proccing a lichbane, does turning Singed's trail on count as the use of an ability and can charges/procs thus be generated easily by turning it on and off repeatedly? Wondering because a) Singed already gains hp from mana, so gaining ap from it as well would be :V and b) lich bane might provide a really nice damage boost in that case, as well as more movespeed, which is of course always nice for singed.
No.  This is sad, because otherwise Tear would be ridiculously, absurdly good on Singed.

« Reply #954 on: August 28, 2012, 07:53:01 AM »
Truly outrageous

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #955 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
Acrade Sona is looking FAAAAABULOUS~ :getdown:
OH MY GOD

Her etwahl needs moar turntable though :derp:

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #956 on: August 28, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »
OH MY GOD

Her etwahl needs moar turntable though :derp:

my thoughts exactly

theshirn

« Reply #957 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

in the words of Studio, "Official Riot Bikini Fan Art"

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #958 on: August 28, 2012, 03:45:24 PM »
in the words of Studio, "Official Riot Bikini Fan Art"
Damnit

look at those two skins I'm going to be shelling out full price for fffffff

For someone who still doesn't play enough to have reached level 30 yet I have spent an unnatural amount of money on this game

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #959 on: August 28, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »
Damnit

look at those two skins I'm going to be shelling out full price for fffffff

Lifeguard Renekton? :derp: