Author Topic: Touhou Mecha: Hell's Rising (Updated November 3, Chapter 3 COMPLETE!)  (Read 76389 times)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
STOP BUMPING IT IF YOU'RE NOT GRAPH :O

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
I haven't forgotten about this, I've just started drawing for another Touhou-related project for now.  There might be one or two people who frequent Poosh catching wind of the project, but I won't say anything more until I have something to show for it.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
I haven't forgotten about this, I've just started drawing for another Touhou-related project for now.  There might be one or two people who frequent Poosh catching wind of the project, but I won't say anything more until I have something to show for it.

You're drawing up blueprints for a real-life Utsuho mech, right? That's a worthy project, but I'll still be sad if you leave this hanging.

Spoiler:
Best of luck with whatever it is.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Y'know, I know I said not to bump this if you're not Graph, but... I'd like to know what's going on with this and/or Graph's other project.

Can we get a statement, Graph? :v

Yamachanadu

• Apparently pre-Yamatrend
Graph's on hiatus, I'll let graph say what the other project is even though I'm working on it too.
<%convider> with the nose on top it looks like a lovecraftian sam fisher

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Hmm... yeah, I guess a word on this is due by now.

It's a Touhou Visual Novel project.  There's not much to see for people who aren't working on the project, but our website is here. (Put the h back in at the beginning)

ttp://dsd.pkmndestruction.net/forums/

Currently, the artists working on the project are me and a certain Headless Fairy.  Headless is doing the lineart, and I'm coloring.  Sketching out ideas and management of the workload is being shared between the two of us.

We're going for something like this with the character poses.  I colored this yesterday.

...Now that I'm seeing it against a dark background, I guess it could use a little cleaning up around the edges...

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Oh, nifty :D

Well, don't forget us mecha fans, please. You don't have to stretch yourself 'twixt two worlds, but if this starts to creep too far off the first page I'll bring it up every now and again, at least till you say for sure that you've cancelled it (which I hope you don't, of course.)

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
There's still a lot to sketch for the Project right now, but I have a feeling that eventually I'll be waiting for the linearts to come in, at which point I'll go back to my own little fangasms here.  I say this because it looks like I work a bit faster than Headless Fairy... if nothing else, my experience drawing comics has improved my speed.

But Headless does very good work.  I was surprised that such a talented fellow showed up for the Project.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
I'm taking a short break from the VN project to continue this story.  The end of Chapter 2 is in sight, so I'll finish that up before hopping back into the trenches.

As you can probably tell, there was a long gap between page 27 and page 28.  The new process is similar to what I've been using for the VN art-- makes it easier to switch back and forth.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Good Kanako, is this an update I see before me? Excellent, I'm glad you're working on this again.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
A couple more pages added.  The rate of updates can't be helped right now, so I'll just put stuff up every couple of pages for now.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Cute Utsuho is cute.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
Posting for informing of replies - Liking this so far, the art and dialogue are great. Keep it coming!

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
Hoping this comic isn't dead. Because dear gods, it's awesome.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Xan gog DAMN It
I THOUGHT THERE WERE NEW PAGES

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
As above, except with more swearing and shaking of fists.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
I have the next few chapters planned out in my head.  After I've got enough art done for the ESR demo I'm going full steam on this one for what's left of summer.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Re: Touhou Mecha: Hell's Rising (Updated August 3, 2 new pages for Chapter 2.)
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
Hello all.

I'm done drawing for the ESR demo, so I'm coming back to this project for some time.

A long overdue update to Chapter 2.  2 more pages, and done.

I'm glad this chapter is over with, now we can get to the real meat of this thing.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2010, 07:42:05 AM »
Awesome. I'll be waiting for your next update!

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2010, 05:52:25 AM »
...  I totally forgot that all the content is linked on the first page.

Still it remains awesome, and I'm looking forward to chapter 3.  I'm gonna see about making the month of August last longer so you get more break time for this....

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2010, 02:13:22 AM »
I just went through it all, and O.O I like :D Loved the Utsuho-Fighter Pilot bit, and mechs are pure :*

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Starting up Chapter 3: Moriya's Elite.

6 pages.

Good job with the designs, Graph. When I saw the Moriya ship I was like "oh, look Onbashira cannons".

Fiction: August Star in Autumn Sky Eastern Wonderland Story Book 1

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Hurrah for both the update and the HRtP cameos! Also, agreed on the sexiness of the Shimenawa. Suddenly I want to face VoWG again.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Update with 3 pages.

This isn't some huge time skip, just bear with me a few more pages.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Oh lord I'm remind of the oooooooldschool Transformers toys I used to have.

Awwww yeaaaaa

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
I actually have some idea for what Okuu's Touhou Mecha theme would sound like.  It was only a vague idea at first, but it clicked when I heard Albero Est's theme, "Shouting Black" in SRW OG Gaiden.  (I'm still playing that one by the way, no spoilers please)  I thought several parts actually matched Nuclear Fusion pretty well, with the intro, the overall intensity and the almost hopeful-sounding part at the end.  (My music terminology fails).  If I had any composition skills I'd definitely work that one up.

Just the realization triggered something though.  On Saturday night I stayed up until 2:30 AM just drawing, and listening to that song obsessively.  That's not particularly late-- I've actually drawn until sunrise before-- but it rarely happens that way if there's no deadline.  For a time, nothing else mattered but getting that page done.

Is this what people call being "in the zone"?

Anyway, 3 more pages.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Quick update with a couple of commentary pages.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Another 4 pages added.