Author Topic: You've become a Touhou!  (Read 8079 times)

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
You've become a Touhou!
« on: April 22, 2012, 02:38:04 AM »
So I was just thinking how unique some abilities are in Touhou, then I was thinking about character personalities, SO.

If you were a Maiden, which would you most likely be? Which would you like to be? Feel free to suggest some for others as well, if you think you know their personality enough.

While I'm inclined to say Yukari, I imagine being her is extremely exhausting, having to constantly help maintain the Hakurei Border and such. Honestly I would probably just use her powers to be ridiculously lazy and do things like gap my hand into the fridge to grab a pop or something.

So, I think I'd want to be one of the hermits, probably Seiga, because a combination of not having to eat, having no earthly duties, and phasing through walls without regard sounds pretty amazing to me.

I'm probably most like Patchy though; Sickly pallor, anemic, frail, introverted, and looking to learn things.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:48:20 AM by iK »
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
Re: You've become a Touhou!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:46:34 AM »
Or Nitori, build anything you like.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not control zombies. What a shame.

Isn't Ran good at math or something? Probably her.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
Can't think of any that can match me.

SO I will go with random human villager #53. I will bring humanity to the next stage and prove to all of the youkai so obsessed with their superiority the limitless potential we hold to the point that not even Pico della Mirandola would have dreamed of the progress we shall make.

Or just eat some bacon.

Aww yeah, bacon.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:04:52 AM by axman36 »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
If you were a Maiden, which would you most likely be? Which would you like to be?

There are two Gensokyans I relate to the most.

Aya, for one. She's also a journalist, and even though she has some alliances, for the most part she seems like a free spirit interacting with everyone. But in terms of personality, I'm not (or hope I'm not) as gleefully obnoxious as Aya seems she can be sometimes. So maybe our similarities are more superficial than anything.

What character I actually relate to personality-wise struck me when clicking around the character profiles on the wiki a couple years ago. When I encountered Kaguya's profile, I was floored. She'd at one point been exiled, but then grew to love where she was exiled to, to the point where she didn't want to go back even when asked to do so. Rather, she fled. This is very similar to my own story, in terms of moving to Iceland. In terms of personality, Kaguya seems to enjoy the peace of the Bamboo Forest, the night, the company of her close friends, but also enjoys having visitors and telling them stories from her past. She likes to venture out on occasion and try new things. She can be playful, ridiculous, child-like, "philosophical", and has an outlook on life that I share very precisely - as she says in one of the endings of Imperishable Night, "
Spoiler:
The past days are infinite. That's why it won't have a meaning if we don't have fun now. A thousand years or ten thousand years, there's nothing in them matching this moment.
" I couldn't agree more.

Edit: In terms of who I'd like to be, I'm actually fine with the above comparisons.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:27:04 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »
Actually I have thought about this as well.

I'd actually like to be Yukari. I know, it's exhausting to maintain those nasty borders, watch over Ran and Chen, watch over Gensokyo and so on, but the fact that I'm directly responsible for all the other lives of other people of Gensokyo and possibly other worlds gives me reason to work hard.

And also I have gap shenanigans. XD

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
I'd be Komachi. Kinda.

I mean, we're both incredibly lazy and lackadaisical, preferring by far to laze around than to be productive. We also love Shikieiki to boot But I won't say that I'm purely Komachi in nature though, since I'm also very withdrawn and socially-awkward. That's quite Parsee, eh? (because the jealousy part is also true, sadly)

And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »
I'd be Youmu. We're both serious, hard-working people for the most part, and we both have a history of being made fun of because of our personalities (this has obviously stopped on my end, but you get the idea).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 04:24:17 PM »
I think maybe I'd be Reimu so I could get into a lot of fights and have tea at the end (though I think I'm a little more social than she is, I do tend to prefer my solitude).

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »
I'd also want to be Yukari. Yeah, that gapping ability of hers seems like it can become handy in a lot of situations (though it would be tiring to maintain the Hakurei border and what not, but she can leave most of the duties to Ran for a nap lololol)

As for a Touhou that I'm the closest to... Well, had a tough time deciding this one. I think I've some likeness to Yukari, so, again, Yukari lol

Dunno if anyone here wants to become Mystia though.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
Nitori here if we're relating ourselves to existing Touhous. Both of us have an absolute penchant for technology - whether it be modifying, disassembling, diagnosing, speculating, etc. on it, such is the nature of our trade.

Now, as for Touhous we'd like to be, I'll let the above suffice as my answer.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Power

• The power is within you. :D
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »
Momiji I guess.  I got to hang out of Aya and do awesome things.   :V

Zil

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
To whom am I most similar? Normally I'd say Patchy or Alice to this, but I'm starting to think Nue is closer, provided my interpretation of her personality is accurate, as well as my interpretation of my own personality.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Probably Marisa; we're both hard workers when it comes to learning stuff but leave time for relaxing.

and explosions are cool.

and so are lasers.

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »
Rinnosuke.

I am male and wear glasses.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »
I'd probably be Marisa. I like to visit friends and find things to do whenever I'm bored. And I also love to collect things.

As for who I'd like to be, I would want to be Suika. She's really honest and also super duper cute. I'd like to be a super duper cute loli.

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 01:02:50 AM »
I'd really like to be Nue, now that I think about it. Changing forms and scaring people with them sounds fun.

As for which character I'm most like, I'm not sure. Maybe Patchouli since I read a lot (not so much now, but before loads) and I don't like going outside. However, I have a pretty strong immune system and I don't have asthma or anything so maybe not. Marisa would also make sense because of how reckless I can be, also I like to collect things (my room is filled with useless crap that I thought looked cool at the time).

Irate Researchers

• The Collector of Useless Facts
  • Consider the following...
    • Devart
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:41 AM »
Rinnosuke.

I am male and wear glasses.

This.

Actually, I'm probably close to parsee.  jealous of everyone else, watching others succeed...

I'd like to be Mamizou...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
Patchy, Id love to have my own little space in some mansion at the cost of my personal loyalty and friendship. I mean real loyalty, not just free lodging. Im introverted too (despite intentionally being a chatty goof on ceetain forums), but have no issues having a deep lifetime bond with another in a non-romantic way. Though i dont really understand why patchy doesnt bother eirin for some medication =/.

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »
I'd totally be Reimu, since I can eat sweets and not get fat. :3

Of course I'd like to be Yukari, because gap-hax... But I don't think I'd fit at all.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 07:46:17 PM »
Typically, I think I'd be like Shikieiki.
I like to lecture people (A LOT) and I can be thought of as judgmental when I'm only giving my opinion and tips. People tend to think of me as a bore sometimes.
Or Satori. Able to read people quite easily, which also makes me quite disliked amongst those who don't know me too well.
Maybe even Parsee. I tend to radiate negativity around those who do better than I do. To such an extremity that it is actually contagious.

Or a mixture of all three. Shikitorsee.

Baiken

• Eternal Beauty
  • How would one else spend an eternity?
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
Random villager #56 who always gets chosen when a Touhou wants to have some happy time in all those H-doujins.
"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."

Ibaraki Ibuki

• The Forum Fool
  • Happy Horned Hermit
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »
My character's a mixture of Nitori, Ran, Komachi, and Koishi, though if I had to choose a single touhou I would probably go with Nitori.
As for who I would like to be: Satori, because I always like to know what other people are thinking.
Some of Master's sayings:
Nothing happened, but that's still an extra.
Yesterday was not special; tomorrow will be.
Strange and romantic is the fate.

Sality

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »
According to my friends,  there are 2 characters in Touhou to represent me.

First, Yukari. Just like her, I tend to sleep all-day, doing-nothing all-day, mostly sleeping all day, etc lazy things. Yukari is quite a mysterious figure, she seems to put a border between herself and others, and she never hold back when it comes to voicing her opinion regarding something. Most of the time, given that she rarely speaks the truth, people misunderstood her intention, nobody seems to be able to follow her mindset aside from her best friend, Yuyuko. Those parts of hers are just the same as me. Due to this and that happened in the past, I have a hard time to get along with the crowd. I rarely talk, I'd prefer to just silently observing, nobody could expect what I had in mind, they couldn't tell which part of my words were a lie/truth. Heck, even my ex-gf said that she couldn't tell nor understand what I had in mind all the time.
Yukari and me also share the same way-of-thinking as we both prefer not to gamble.

Yuyuko, for the second. It's actually quite similar to my Yukari description, given that both are characters whom others cannot understand. I adopt Yuyuko's way of talking, when it comes to insults, I'd prefer to just throw sarcasms than a mere tantrum/direct insult. To add, I love to see one thing from various point of views, resulting in people couldn't understand what I said.

One thing I am sure at is, my friends seem to think of me as an incoherent oldie.
If asked who I'd like to be, I really don't mind with either of them. They are among my favorite characters after all.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »
I would be Letty because I'm fat and I hate summer.

I would like to be Rumia because a perpetual shroud of darkness seems like a pretty rad feature. Also, big meat eater.

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:54 PM »
In personality I'm prolly Rumia. I herp and I derp and I can barely see because of my own actions. I'm also hungry 95% of the time.

Who I'd like to be is Suwako. A powerful god with no obligations? Hells yeah

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 02:52:17 AM »
I'd definitely be Cirno!

So young, confident to a fault, energetic and carefree, if a bit dim. Even so, she never gets discouraged against opponents that have far greater power than her.

After all, she IS the strongest!  :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 05:16:06 AM »
I'm going to go with Rika. Sciency-type? You got it. Loves tanks? Oh yeah.

RIKA ALL THE WAY

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 10:36:15 PM »
I'd undoubtedly be Chen. There are no possible exceptions to this rule. I'd be Chen, and that would be it. It's just a perfect fit  :3
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »
Parsee, because I am a little jealous sonuvagun who will Parseevibe at everything cool/awesome everybody does. That's what I do.

People have often equated me to the "older" characters though, for whatever reason.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale