Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 9)  (Read 47687 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 9)
« Reply #480 on: April 18, 2012, 12:11:20 AM »
>"Well, it was a pretty average-seeming job at first, find out why the cattle around where I grew up were going missing."
>Shrug. "Sounds pretty simple right? Trust me, it was anything but. Turns out that there were giant spiders behind it all. I tracked 'em to this one cave to gather more information, and that's where I got into it with that tsuchigumo. Guess you could say it's a curse of sorts, seein' how she hated me as much as she does."

>"Hmm... and why's that?" she asks, nodding along.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #481 on: April 18, 2012, 12:21:44 AM »
> "I, uh, killed a whole bunch of her spider friends. There wasn't any other way to recover the cattle, and they would have killed me first, but I imagine you'd be about as happy with me as she was if I got your crew killed to save my life."
> Frown.
> "I can understand where she's coming form, and I don't want her as an enemy, but...it's kinda hard to think fondly on her, given how I came out of it."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:33:25 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #482 on: April 18, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »
> "I, uh, killed a whole bunch of her spider friends. There wasn't any other way to recover the cattle, and they would have killed me first, but I imagine you'd be about as happy with me as she was if I got your crew killed to save my life."
> Frown.
> "I can understand where she's coming form, and I don't want her as an enemy, but...it's kinda hard to think fondly on her, given how I came out of it."

>She frowns a little more deeply. "Were these other spiders youkai, too?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #483 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:10 AM »
> Shrug.
> "I'm not a scholar, but I don't think so. They certainly weren't humanoid, at least. Just really big spiders, following instincts and such. The tsuchigumo was the only humanoid of all of them. From some of the things she said, I think she's been alive for several hundreds of years, so it's not really surprising she's reached that point."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2012, 12:48:10 AM »
> Shrug.
> "I'm not a scholar, but I don't think so. They certainly weren't humanoid, at least. Just really big spiders, following instincts and such. The tsuchigumo was the only humanoid of all of them. From some of the things she said, I think she's been alive for several hundreds of years, so it's not really surprising she's reached that point."

>"I see, I see." She reaches into her pocket and produces a small notebook and pen, then flips the former open. "And how large were they? How many did you kill? And where exactly was this, anyway?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #485 on: April 18, 2012, 12:50:56 AM »
> "Well, if I remember right, it was about-"
> Stop, than narrow eyes slightly.
> "...You're not thinking of going to find her, are you?"

« Reply #486 on: April 18, 2012, 12:54:05 AM »
> "Well, if I remember right, it was about-"
> Stop, than narrow eyes slightly.
> "...You're not thinking of going to find her, are you?"

>"Just professional curiosity," she says. "You can leave the information corps, but it never really leaves you."
>Then her expression takes on a sharp inquisitiveness. "Though what would it matter to you if I were?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #487 on: April 18, 2012, 12:56:56 AM »
> "Because you looking for her means that either you and your crew get infected with what I have or you torment her with whatever you're already planning out in your head, and I'm not going to be responsible for either of those things happening. There's already someone on the job of recovering her and getting her to the same woman that raised me so she stops being a menace to both our society and hers. You can go meet her once she's more mentally and emotionally stable."

« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2012, 01:04:38 AM »
> "Because you looking for her means that either you and your crew get infected with what I have or you torment her with whatever you're already planning out in your head, and I'm not going to be responsible for either of those things happening. There's already someone on the job of recovering her and getting her to the same woman that raised me so she stops being a menace to both our society and hers. You can go meet her once she's more mentally and emotionally stable."

>"Interesting..." she says with subtly raised eyebrows, then scribbles something in her notebook. "Alright, so you don't want to tell me where she is. I can appreciate that. But are there any other details you are willing to share? As non-specific as you feel comfortable with, of course."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #489 on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:31 AM »
> Wave our right arm about a little bit.
> "I can tell you about this, just to make sure you and everyone else keep the hell away from her until that other person's job is done. It seems to be some sort of ancient blight. It's fast-working and has plenty of unpleasant symptoms. And if you piss her off even just a little bit, she will infect you. It's an airborne contagion, and she can spread damn fast. The only reason I'm not stumbling around like a drunk or vomiting all over your shoes is because this sword keeps the nastier stuff at bay, alongside some medicine made by the harvest goddess of Easthaven that uses whatever power's in this sword that keeps it in check."

« Reply #490 on: April 18, 2012, 01:21:37 AM »
> Wave our right arm about a little bit.
> "I can tell you about this, just to make sure you and everyone else keep the hell away from her until that other person's job is done. It seems to be some sort of ancient blight. It's fast-working and has plenty of unpleasant symptoms. And if you piss her off even just a little bit, she will infect you. It's an airborne contagion, and she can spread damn fast. The only reason I'm not stumbling around like a drunk or vomiting all over your shoes is because this sword keeps the nastier stuff at bay, alongside some medicine made by the harvest goddess of Easthaven that uses whatever power's in this sword that keeps it in check."

>She continues scribbling notes to herself with swift, precise motions. "And you said that the sword keeps you from being contagious, as well, yes?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #491 on: April 18, 2012, 01:29:28 AM »
> Shake head.
> "Your Ren called my bluff on that one when I tried to hold your Fuuka hostage to the blight. The sword keeps the symptoms in check and extends my lifespan a little bit, but I'm not contagious. The Easthaven goddess told me as much. I'd be extremely surprised if your Fuuka actually caught it, and we were bleeding all over each other."

« Reply #492 on: April 18, 2012, 01:37:48 AM »
>Speaking of our medicine, where did that pirate put our pack? Did she take it with her, or put it down somewhere?

« Reply #493 on: April 18, 2012, 01:51:37 AM »
> Shake head.
> "Your Ren called my bluff on that one when I tried to hold your Fuuka hostage to the blight. The sword keeps the symptoms in check and extends my lifespan a little bit, but I'm not contagious. The Easthaven goddess told me as much. I'd be extremely surprised if your Fuuka actually caught it, and we were bleeding all over each other."

>A small smile creeps onto Aya's face. You can't honestly tell if it's tinged with relief or a subtle smugness. "Well, that's good to hear. Though I'm curious about how exactly that sword of yours works, now. Preserves the health of its wielder? Wards off disease? I assume it's not quite strong enough to fix things entirely, though?"

>Speaking of our medicine, where did that pirate put our pack? Did she take it with her, or put it down somewhere?

>You think it should still be with the confiscated weapons, towards the other end of the deck.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »
> "It seems specific to this blight. Clearly it hasn't helped my leg very much. The Easthaven goddess likened it to faith being imbued in this sword, faith that I guess was placed hundreds of years ago in the hopes of warding off this disease. But no, it isn't strong enough to fix everything. Even the goddess doesn't know how to cure this blight."
> Frown and look away a bit.
> "By her estimation, even with the sword and the medicine, at this point I have...about a week and a half, I think. If I'm lucky."

« Reply #495 on: April 18, 2012, 02:04:02 AM »
> "It seems specific to this blight. Clearly it hasn't helped my leg very much. The Easthaven goddess likened it to faith being imbued in this sword, faith that I guess was placed hundreds of years ago in the hopes of warding off this disease. But no, it isn't strong enough to fix everything. Even the goddess doesn't know how to cure this blight."

>"Specific to this one disease? That's interesting..." She makes another note.

> Frown and look away a bit.
> "By her estimation, even with the sword and the medicine, at this point I have...about a week and a half, I think. If I'm lucky."

>Aya nods again, though there is a touch of a frown on her face. "And is that it, then? No cure?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #496 on: April 18, 2012, 02:07:59 AM »
> Look back at Aya.
> "None that we know of. But we know Val Razua has plenty of records, and we know this blight has appeared before, many years ago in the past. That's actually why I'm out here at all. I'm headed there to do some research."
> Look across the ship's deck to our left, then to our right, to survey the damage that's been done. Try to catch sight of Neu if we can; linger for a moment if we do. Then look back at Aya with our frown slightly deeper and tinged with annoyance. Tinge our voice with annoyance as well.
> "Or, at least, I was on my way to try to save my life."

« Reply #497 on: April 18, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »
> Look back at Aya.
> "None that we know of. But we know Val Razua has plenty of records, and we know this blight has appeared before, many years ago in the past. That's actually why I'm out here at all. I'm headed there to do some research."

>"Interesting... though it's not a bad plan."

> Look across the ship's deck to our left, then to our right, to survey the damage that's been done. Try to catch sight of Neu if we can; linger for a moment if we do. Then look back at Aya with our frown slightly deeper and tinged with annoyance. Tinge our voice with annoyance as well.
> "Or, at least, I was on my way to try to save my life."

>You pause a moment, then sweep your eyes across the deck. Most of it's not really in bad shape, though the signs of battle still litter it: blood and damaged boards and the spray of splinters left from Chisato's last spell. Your eyes pass Neu's and linger a moment. The moth's expression is serious and constant, though it's not hard to see the weary exhaustion beneath it. You're not quite sure what she's thinking. Then you look back to Aya with just a hint of a scowl.
>"For what it's worth," she says. "You were never part of the original plan. In fact, you can take a little pride in being the one person on this ship who managed to slip by me. That isn't easy."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #498 on: April 18, 2012, 02:34:21 AM »
> "Thanks. I'll be sure to have them stick that on my gravestone."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:39:20 AM by Kilgamayan »

« Reply #499 on: April 18, 2012, 02:46:09 AM »
> "Thanks. I'll be sure to have them stick that on my gravestone."

>"How did you come to possess this sword?" Aya asks, taking no apparent notice of your remark.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2012, 02:48:09 AM »
> "Why does that matter?"

« Reply #501 on: April 18, 2012, 02:52:10 AM »
> "Why does that matter?"

>She flips the pen around in her hands. "Like I said, professional curiosity."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2012, 03:12:28 AM »
> Roll our eyes.
> "Tell you what. You can have the rest of my story if I survive it. Which is less and less likely by the minute, largely thanks to you."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:18:57 AM by Kilgamayan »

« Reply #503 on: April 18, 2012, 03:54:54 AM »
> Roll our eyes.
> "Tell you what. You can have the rest of my story if I survive it. Which is less and less likely by the minute, largely thanks to you."

>"Oh, a few hours isn't going to make much difference one way or the other, now is it?" she asks. "Although..." She idly taps the pen against the side of her chin as she appears to mull something over.

>At this point, another pair of tengu swoop down onto the deck, each holding one arm of a diminutive figure that danges between them. She is garbed in a stylish vest atop a breezy white shirt, with a bright red bandanna covering her head. The floppy white ears poking through it suggest she is a rabbit. Aya looks up in their direction as they arrive.
>"I was beginning to think Sotsu was ignoring me," she says.
>"Eh?" the rabbit asks, raising an eyebrow.
>Aya shakes her head. "Nevermind that now; the faster we can find what we came for, the faster we can be on our way. You know the drill, people!"
>The rabbit sketches a impish salute. "On the job, boss." The others give their own more formal acknowledgments and the group of them head towards the stairs.

« Reply #504 on: April 18, 2012, 04:35:27 AM »
>"'Although'....?"

« Reply #505 on: April 18, 2012, 05:00:51 AM »
>"'Although'....?"

>"Oh, right," she says, then spares a glance at Murasa. The captain looks a little more aware of her surroundings now, though still oddly disoriented.
>Aya jerks her head towards the wheelhouse. "Let's you and I have a little chat in private."

« Reply #506 on: April 18, 2012, 05:04:49 AM »
>"Would you mind if I grab my pack first? It has the medicine I need to keep the blight at bay as much as it is, and I'd feel better having it on hand."

« Reply #507 on: April 18, 2012, 05:11:17 AM »
>"Would you mind if I grab my pack first? It has the medicine I need to keep the blight at bay as much as it is, and I'd feel better having it on hand."

>She seems about to object, but then pauses and glances towards the captured equipment and back to Murasa. Then she shrugs and starts walking towards where you pack is.
>"Come on, let's get you it back," she says. "But if you're thinking of pulling a fast one, just remember: I'm faster." Her tone is quite self-satisfied.

« Reply #508 on: April 18, 2012, 05:53:15 AM »
>"Yeah, think we've established that."
>Follow the tengu at a slow enough pace to not aggravate our legs too much.

« Reply #509 on: April 18, 2012, 06:16:52 AM »
>"Yeah, think we've established that."
>Follow the tengu at a slow enough pace to not aggravate our legs too much.

>You follow after Aya while favoring your leg as much as you are able. This does mean you fall behind a little, though she doesn't seem in a particular hurry, either, and waits calmly for you to cross the rest of the distance.
>The confiscated weapons and gear are neatly arranged in a pile here, near where they were originally taken; your pack stands out more prominently than the rest through shear size.
>"Help yourself," Aya says with a gracious hand gesture.