Author Topic: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!  (Read 285284 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!
« Reply #900 on: October 22, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
Well, it's been shown that Patchy's more the anti-social kind of snarky know-it-all.
Satori's more the semi-troll/unintentional troll breed. Finishing someone else's sentences before they do, using her ability to be boss at chess and card games, that sort of thing.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #901 on: October 22, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »
Because of this quote, Edible.

Psh, I don't need your ~*~reading comprehension~*~. :|

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
Yes. Canon Satori and Patch are both deadpan. (Although Satori is merely assertive while Patch is outright surly).

I despise trolls and there will not be a single "troll" in this story that does not receive some form of comeuppance, so I won't be writing Satori as a troll.

I'll probably be writing her as gentle-natured but standoffish.

Actually, does anyone remember that borderline ecchi doujin where Yuugi and Yuyuko go diving for fish in former hell and wind up barging in on Satori to prepare them for dinner there, and as "revenge" Satori serves them a full course banquet but leaves out a small piece of their silverware, thinking this was an incredibly cruel thing to do? Because that would basically be perfect since we'd get a kind-hearted Satori who still has a chance to use her SATORIN SMIRK?.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »
Well, I was thinking of it as less an offensive 'troll', ala yukari, and more the passive, '...Is what you were going to say?" sort.
Basically, they don't quite know they're being messed with, and that's the beauty of it. Basically, the good-natured sort who just prods a little every now and again. (Making the best of her lot as it were.)
As opposed to Yukari, who does it for the hell of it. Since Satori can't really turn off her ability.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #904 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »
In case you haven't noticed, Satori won't have her ability at the start of the story.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #905 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »
Actually, does anyone remember that borderline ecchi doujin where Yuugi and Yuyuko go diving for fish in former hell and wind up barging in on Satori to prepare them for dinner there, and as "revenge" Satori serves them a full course banquet but leaves out a small piece of their silverware, thinking this was an incredibly cruel thing to do? Because that would basically be perfect since we'd get a kind-hearted Satori who still has a chance to use her SATORIN SMIRK?.
Yeah, what I was going to say is kind of a unskilled-in-socialities Satori, due to her kind of isolation. But she's an sophisicated woman, so it's kind of... she has the knowledge, just not the experience? So she can say things that are kind of deadpan or bad without realizing it's kind of horrible. Like, in Genius of Sappheiros, many times she'd say bad things people had in their minds, and then seemed completely unexpecting of the bad reaction from them. As well, she seemed to lose all of her sophistication when flustered/in a heated conversation, as she probably is almost never in such a sitatuation due to her mostly-isolated life with her strange often-absent sister, and mostly mute and/or simpleminded pets. (The exception would be, like... Orin)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #906 on: October 23, 2012, 12:23:41 PM »

I like a Satori like that.
Also, don't suppose you recall the name of that one?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #907 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:26 AM »
> (Continue.)

You are now RAISINS THE RABBIT.

Er, no. Wait.

You are now REISEN UDONGEIN INABA, THE LUNATIC MOON RABBIT. You are both a SERVANT and a PET of the genius doctor EIRIN YAGOKORO and the Lunarian princess KAGUYA HOURAISAN. You live with your masters in EIENTEI, the magnificent mansion hidden within the BAMBOO FOREST OF THE LOST. Like your masters, you are a REFUGEE from the LUNAR CAPITOL. Fearing the outbreak of war after the humans invaded the moon, you went AWOL and fled to the earth, coming under Eirin's protection. The war turned out to be NOT A BIG DEAL, but you can't ever go back, regardless.

You are a TRAINED SOLDIER, one of the better ones among the lunar rabbits. Despite the popularity of danmaku battles in Gensokyo, you are one of very few people there familiar with the use of FIREARMS, which you hoard in an almost FETISHISTIC FASHION.

Nowadays, you work as Eirin's assistant and are responsible for running most of Eientei's errands.

> Reisen: Examine gun.

What is this weird-looking gun Youmu gave you? It looks pretty obsolete. Although, for an antique, it is in very nice condition. W-wait a minute...

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THOSE STATS. Is this for real!? Where did Youmu get this!? With this gun, you could put a SERIOUS DENT in even the heaviest hitters in Gensokyo. You could easily one-shot anybody else, for that matter. It only has 1 ammo though, and you don't recognize the type. "Plot Armor Piercing"? What does that even mean?

Although this is the kind of thing that should be hidden and saved for SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, for some reason looking at it makes you feel STRANGELY COMPELLED to keep it on you at all times. You add it to your inventory.

> Reisen: Examine Medicine.

You examine one of the bottles of medicine in your inventory.

What about it? It's just a regular STATUS AILMENT-curing medicine made by Eirin. Nothing special.

> Reisen: No, the other Medicine. Medicine Melancholy.

Oh, sorry. The COMMAND INTERPRETERS aren't case-sensitive.

This is MEDICINE MELANCHOLY, a human-sized doll that became a youkai. She has the loathesome ABILITY TO MANIPULATE POISON, which attracted the attention of your master and caused you to bring Medicine to Eientei a year or two ago. In exchange for participating in Eirin's experiments, she gets fed all the sweets she wants and is allowed to visit and roam the mansion freely.

Frankly, Medicine is pretty dangerous. Aside from the fact that she hates seeing dolls kept by humans and FLIPS HER SHIT whenever she sees one, her body is RIDICULOUSLY POISONOUS. However, nobody in Eientei keeps any dolls, and Eirin is around to fortify everybody against her poison; by pure coincidence it's safe for Medicine to be on the loose here. In any other household she'd be a DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN.

Tewi managed to befriend Medicine pretty quickly, which is unfortunate because that means she's usually party to Tewi's SHENANIGANS.

No, you don't know what the deal with the LITTLE DOLL is. As far as you know, they are BOTH MEDICINE.

> Reisen: Consider relationship with Youmu.

It would take an idiot to not notice how flustered Youmu gets around you. As for you though, you're not sure how you feel about her. You like her, but you don't know if you LIKE HER like her.

But let's face it, Gensokyo is full of TERRIBLE PEOPLE and Youmu is pretty decent by comparison. You could do a lot worse, so you feel like you should at least give her a chance. You're just not particularly attracted to her. Maybe if she grew up a bit?

Yeah, something like that would be pretty good...

> Reisen: Straighten out ears.

Why? You get much better reception this way.

> Reisen: Check skills.

You examine your SKILL THICKET.

Unlike the earth rabbits, who are stuck with the BEAST YOUKAI RACE STONE (which does not play well to their stats at all, leading to a lot of gimped builds), you and others of your kind have the uniquely specialized MOON RABBIT RACE STONE. You imagine the main reason for this is that it grants the moon rabbits their PSYCHOTECH proficiency.

PSYCHOTECH is the catch-all SKILL TREE for generic psychic powers. In particular, you are skilled at attacking your opponent's mind, as well as altering their visual perception. Continuing to develop this tree could give you skills such as TELEKINESIS or even MIND READING, but these are very very expensive to develop.

GUNTECH is your primary combat SKILL TREE. Your build is focused on attack speed and status procs, and you've also gained a strong evasion rating (which, in combination with PSYCHOTECH, makes you very hard to hit). You suddenly wish you didn't rely entirely on attack speed for damage, or otherwise you could blow pretty much anything in half with your CHEKHOV'S GUN.

PHARMATECH, which your master has trained you in, provides you with the ability to use high-level medicines and improves the effectiveness of basic ones. You can create some of them, too, but at the moment your SUCCESS RATE is pretty lousy.

> Reisen: Get back to what you were doing.

What WERE you doing? Oh, right.

Today is a special day! YUUGI HOSHIGUMA of the oni has sent out mass invitations to a GIGANTIC PARTY IN FORMER HELL as a gesture of FRIENDSHIP between the youkai of the surface and the underground, partially to ease tensions after RECENT EVENTS. Now, it should be noted that the invitation actually went to TEWI. In addition to the form invitation letter, there was a scrawled note indicating that THOSE MOON GUYS could come as well, but warned that they might have a ROUGH TIME since the party was almost exclusively for youkai. The princess insisted that she wanted to attend, so you'll all be leaving for the party in a short while.

You checked in on Kaguya a few minutes ago. She was in the middle of a frenzied FASHION MONTAGE, so you have a short while to do anything you want before meeting up with everyone else before you leave.

MEDICINE tells you that she was supposed to TELL YOU A THING but that she can't remember what it was. Considering her duty fulfilled, she departs.

You are standing in one of Eientei's infamous long hallways. Obvious exits are WEST and EAST. Non-obvious exits are NORTH and UP.

> _

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #908 on: October 27, 2012, 07:22:49 AM »
> Check own wardrobe for a party outfit.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #909 on: October 27, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »
>What did we mulch recently (82% ago)?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #910 on: October 27, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
>Up.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #911 on: October 27, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
> Check chest for usual growths.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #912 on: October 27, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »
>Scan vicinity for Tewi-traps. Or trap-Tewi. Or both.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #913 on: October 27, 2012, 04:51:02 PM »
> Check chest for usual growths.

Was this joke ever actually funny?

> ... Better reception of what?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #914 on: October 27, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
In other games where I've delayed using it, I've had people ask me why I haven't done it yet.

If you have a serious issue with it, perhaps it could be taken up in private?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #915 on: October 27, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »
> Get more ammo for new gun.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #916 on: October 27, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »
> Create Medicine.

> How effective would that single bullet be in a danmaku battle?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #917 on: October 27, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
>Fire Chekhov's Gun at Stuffman
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #918 on: October 27, 2012, 08:43:22 PM »
>Skill List
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #919 on: October 28, 2012, 04:23:03 AM »
What, reusing jokes? Okay! :V
> Quickly retrieve sidearms.

Seriously, though ...

> Practice creating medicine.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #920 on: October 28, 2012, 05:33:17 AM »
>Fire Chekhov's Gun at Stuffman

Reisen can't aim in that direction.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #921 on: October 28, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »
> Reisen: Shoot Stuffman with Chekhov's Gun.

W-whoa...easy there, Reisen...you wouldn't shoot ol' Stuffman, would you? I haven't d-done anything to make you upset, have I? I mean, sure, I made all those naughty pictures of you, and gave your main character slot to Patch because I think Eientei is a boring faction, but that's just water under the bridge, r-right?

ASDFKJAF.

S...so that's it, huh...everything's...getting dark...

I...I just wish...I could've lived for another few years...just long enough to have...a real robot waifu...

And Purplequest was never updated again.
BAD END

~

~

~

> Load Game.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #922 on: October 28, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »
Dammit, we should've traded the fairybux for that shiny stone to make Nazrin evolve. Too late now I guess.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #923 on: October 28, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »
Yeah. Kill the author, REAL SMART.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #924 on: October 28, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »
> Would a gun with maximum accuracy still hit it's target even if you fire in the opposite direction? Or if it moves out of the way?
> If anyone ever fires the gun without a target, would it hit themselves, or Stuffman?

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
  • v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #925 on: October 28, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
>make backup save file

>install mods

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #926 on: October 28, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »
>make backup save file

>install mods

This quest is new, so the only mod that has been written is the first one that gets written for any game. Aw heck, let's do it anyways.
>Install nude mod.
>Wait, no, that'll just get us killed faster.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:45:02 PM by O4rfish »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #927 on: October 28, 2012, 05:50:49 PM »
> Make two hard saves, one for main gameplay, and one for mods.
> Install Chuuni mod.
> Watch the hilarity ensue.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #928 on: October 28, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »