Author Topic: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!  (Read 285294 times)

Re: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
>Group hug with Byakuren!

>Add this to my command post.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »
> Ichirin: Tell Mamizou to tell Byakuren to "Pop it, Lock it, instant Jules Winnfield."
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2012, 12:46:51 AM »
> Ichirin: Check everyone's skills.

That would take forever, so you just take a quick look at your own SKILL THICKET.

Your SKILL THICKET is pretty straightforward and nicely organized.

The RACE STONES in one's SKILL THICKET alter the cost of various SKILL TREES. Some SKILL TREES, such as Nue's SHAPETECH, are basically unaffordable without a relevant RACE STONE. You can't do anything to these stones, but they will automatically update if you somehow change your race. Being a normal human-shaped YOUKAI, you don't have many particular racial specializations.

EXPERIENCE MOSS grows when you don't fiddle around with your build by MULCHING BRANCHES from your SKILL TREES for a while. You've been very diligent with planning your build, so you have FULL MOSS, granting you a modest EXPERIENCE RATE BOOST.

BUDDHATECH is your main SKILL TREE, naturally, although it's not your oldest one. You're as advanced as Shou in it! Won't be long before you unlock the THREE JEWELS skillset, now.

DUOTECH is the SKILL TREE involved with having two party members function as one. It costs a lot of points and both members need to have it, but it makes you more powerful than a normal character of your level, although it does mean you and Unzan can't take individual turns. This is fine, since you usually have enough allies to fill the party anyway.

A neat feature of DUOTECH is that if you and Unzan get separated, you can join with anyone else that has DUOTECH, not just each other.

The two of you can split up and act on your own turns if you choose, but you're stronger together since you've both invested so heavily in this tree. In fact, you fully intend to put even more points into it, but before you can go any higher you need to have some more SKILL TREES besides DUOTECH in common. That's why Unzan has started on BUDDHATECH, while you're working on FISTTECH. When you master this, you'll be able to use all your skills twice per turn!

Your FISTTECH SKILL TREE has a long way to go, but Shou and Minamitsu have been helping you train your physical skills, so it should start becoming more robust shortly. You've gotten a nice HP boost, at least.

The last SKILL TREE you have is a FASHIONTECH SAPLING. You don't have any points in it, but it was much cheaper to plant than most SKILL SAPLINGS, so you did it to gain the FASHION SENSE and INSTANT OUTFIT CHANGE passives that come with it.

Investing further in FASHIONTECH would grant you abilities such as using your clothes as a weapon or gaining powers based on your current outfit. This sounds INCREDIBLY FUN, but Nazrin looked the tree over and did the numbers and insisted that it is a suboptimal choice.

Oh well. Maybe they'll buff it in a later patch.

> Ichirin: Wonder if Miko is a Saint too.

You're pretty sure her sainthood is just a historical thing, and not even an accurate one, since she was actually a Taoist all along! You don't know what her class is, and you don't really care.

> Ichirin: Be like Byakuren.

That's pretty much what you're already trying to do 24/7.

> Ichirin: Group hug.

You all gather round to comfort Byakuren, although a wound like this will heal pretty much instantly for her. Her magic-enhanced body is very sturdy.

Byakuren tells you that she is glad you gave peace a chance. You feel happy to receive Byakuren's praise, which is far more valuable than any amount of EXPERIENCE POINTS.

> Unzan: See if the troll dropped anything.

While the girls are busy TALKING ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS and whatnot, you notice what appears to be a note scribbled on a cocktail napkin.

> Unzan: Read.

According to this NAPKIN-SCRAWLED FRIENDLY THREATENING LETTER, the troll, PARSEE, is an acquaintance of YUUGI HOSHIGUMA herself. However, she seems to have gone against Yuugi's request and elected to FIGHT OFF every visitor she encountered instead. What an ungracious friend! She needs a THOROUGH SCOLDING.

Maybe you'll see her at the party if Yuugi intends to make good on her threat (HINT: Oni always make good on their threats).

> Ichirin: Get to the party!

It doesn't take long to reach Former Hell from the bridge.

[ BGM ]

You've finally arrived, and BOY HOWDY, is that a huge party! With the number of people that have come and all the stands set up in the street, it's really more like a big festival. You can even see the stage they've set up for Yamame to perform on!

You are TOTALLY PSYCHED. What to do first!?

> _
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:51:16 AM by Stuffman »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »
> YamaMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2012, 01:12:06 AM »
>Seek out the fried foods. Oni practically live on those, right?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2012, 01:26:33 AM »
> Ichirin: Ask a party member if they can backtrack to find the bridge troll to inform her about the letter. If it's Unzan, it wouldn't matter as:
A neat feature of DUOTECH is that if you and Unzan get separated, you can join with anyone else that has DUOTECH, not just each other.

(in unrelated matters, i am surprised seiga didn't get the dreamcast joke.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:28:47 AM by Irisu »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »
> Abrupt character switch

« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »
>Go forth and purchase takoyaki for our merry group.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2012, 07:56:30 AM »
> Don't forget our manners when greeting oni and youkai.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »
> Who else has Duotech?

> Wonder why you never recive freindly threatening letters.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »
>Nazrin needs an outfit for the party. Make it so.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »
>Seek out the fried foods. Oni practically live on those, right?

> And gorge ourselves, in as much of an ascetic manner as possible.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
> Be on the lookout for other invitees, such as That Hakurei Lady.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2012, 10:14:35 PM »
>Nazrin needs an outfit for the party. Make it so.
Nazrin's not here and not partying.

> Briefly wonder where Yuugi picked up "meister" from.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #344 on: April 19, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
> Ichirin: Group hug.

my heart ;_;

> We should probably find either the owner of the paper napkin note, or the original sender.  Whichever comes first, really.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #345 on: April 19, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »
> Shou your way to the party Mamizou'd as a bunch of hobo youkai and Kyouko everyone upon arrival

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »
> Rikako: Interrupt.

You ask Ichirin why she had to tell you about her entire day if it wasn't relevant to what she saw leading up to the incident. She apologizes and says she'll be getting to the important part soon.

Satori tells you to be quiet and asks Ichirin to continue.

Well FINE. When it's your turn, you're going to make everyone listen to you blather on about how your day was, too!

> Ichirin: Seek out fried foods.

The aroma of many DELICIOUS GREASY MORSELS wafts through the air. It's about lunchtime, and after the flight here you could really go for some chow. Better eat before Yamame's concert!

You offer to buy everyone some TAKOYAKI. Mamizou in particular is delighted to hear this.

You head down the street and into the crowd.

> Ichirin: Scout partygoers.

The turnout is as big as the Hakurei Shrine Festival! You recognize a few youkai that you've seen before, although you don't really know their names. Everyone seems to be having a good time. You'll make it a point to make some new friends today!

You don't see any humans though, not even the ones that would usually be seen among youkai. You wonder why.

> Ichirin: Keep a lookout for Parsee.

You're not exactly itching for another encounter with her, but you guess you'll try to approach her again if you see her. Wouldn't want Byakuren to have gotten slugged in the face for nothing.

> Ichirin: Ask Nazrin about her errand.

Too late, she's already gone. Oh well. You hope she won't shy away from the party entirely.

> Ichirin: Get some takoyaki.

It doesn't take you long to find a takoyaki stand run by a friendly-looking red oni.

You order one for everyone, including Nazrin, planning to stash it in your inventory until she comes back.

When you reach into your coat for your wallet, you realize that all you have is TWO MEASLY FAIRY DOLLARS. You forgot to grab your money from your room, stupid!

> _

Metaflare

« Reply #347 on: April 22, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »
WHOOPS

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #348 on: April 22, 2012, 07:19:54 AM »
>How often do we go down here? Perhaps we can convince the oni we're good for it, via pinky promise?
>Alternately, is Unzan fast enough to go fetch our cash and come back?

« Reply #349 on: April 22, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
>Forgo getting food for yourself.  Self-sacrifice and charity will enlighten us (if not teach us to not forget our wallet).

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #350 on: April 22, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
> Retroactively have picked up the money from our room.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #351 on: April 22, 2012, 01:02:09 PM »
> Ask if they accept Fairy Dollars, the underground is a different world after all

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #352 on: April 22, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
> Unzan: Pay for everything and chide her later.

« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »
>Alternately, is Unzan fast enough to go fetch our cash and come back?

> Failing this, agree to run an errand for the oni in return for the food.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2012, 03:12:40 AM »
>Try and think of someone who might owe you some money who would be attending. Might be able to grab some food for the other's if not yourself.
>Once done with the food issue, seek out Yuugi to deliver the cake (make sure to have it tested once more before handing it off though, Nue can be pretty sneaky).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #355 on: April 30, 2012, 02:53:25 AM »
> Ichirin: Retroactively have picked up the money from your room.

Sure, why not? You scroll up back to the part where you were in your room and attempt to get the money.

Well, you should have expected that. While you can enter commands in the past, the COMMAND INTERPRETER will not allow you to perform actions that would contradict information or events you have seen further down the line. You can't change anything; you can only fill in the gaps.

Furthermore, although the reason is obvious in this case, when the COMMAND INTERPRETER throws a TIME PARADOX ERROR, it will not tell you the reason for the error. This is an intentional design flaw to limit the power of NONLINEAR COMMAND INTERPRETER TECHNOLOGY.

> Ichirin: Consider sending Unzan to get your money.

No good. It took you about an hour to get here, so he wouldn't be back for at least two.

> Ichirin: Consult with nearby fairy.

You ask a fairy if she would be willing to trade any YEN for your FAIRY DOLLARS.

She says that she doesn't have any, but that she would be willing to sell you a SHINY STONE she found in exchange for your TWO FAIRY DOLLARS. While her offer is intriguing, it doesn't really help your current situation.

> Ichirin: Ask the oni how much Fairy Dollars are worth.

Looks like FAIRY DOLLARS are only useful in dealing with FAIRIES.

> Ichirin: Explain situation.

You tell the oni that you forgot your money at home and that you'll have to cancel your order, unless you can come to some kind of agreement.

The oni looks strangely pleased at this, and offers to SETTLE THE MATTER WITH A BET. He says you can challenge him at anything you please. If you win, you get your takoyaki for free! But if you lose...

...HE GETS TO TAKE YOU HOME.

Then he recalls that Yuugi said no abductions today, so he says that if you lose you have to give him your hat instead.

Will you give it a try? If you do, what will you challenge him at? You recall that oni are pretty good at A WHOLE LOT OF THINGS.

> _

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #356 on: April 30, 2012, 02:58:03 AM »
> A display of DUOTECH

Metaflare

« Reply #357 on: April 30, 2012, 03:05:02 AM »
> Fried bean eating contest

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2012, 03:05:48 AM »
>100 Meter Namusan

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #359 on: April 30, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »
> It seems like a fair bet, no? You can use Unzan as a replacement, if so. (if he doesn't feel too obliged)

Quote from: Touhou Wiki
Unzan's true form is a mystery. He can multiply, expand, and change form as he wishes

He can multiply, expand, and change form as he wishes

change form as he wishes
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:19:08 AM by Irisu »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░