Author Topic: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!  (Read 285739 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »
#8 wins by a wide margin, even with tumblr votes :V

> Ichirin: Deal with Nazrin.

Nazrin says hey.

She asks if she can borrow some of your CUCUMBER BIO-FUEL. You ask her what it's for. She says she needs it to power some KAPPATECH SPELUNKING EQUIPMENT for the trip to the underground today.

You tell her fine, just let you finish changing first.

Nazrin leaves your EXTRADIMENSIONAL WALK-IN CLOSET.

> Ichirin: Try outfit #8 again.

You equip the TEXAS BELLE'S FINERIES. You feel yourself shift a few ticks towards RUGGED on the SOPHISTICATION AXIS of the ALIGNMENT GRID.

This tough-looking but stylish ensemble should be perfect for an oni party! You feel ready to RUSTLE UP SOME VITTLES and ROUND UP A POSSE and TELL SOME YELLOW-BELLIED VARMINTS TO REACH FOR THE SKY. You have no idea what you just said.

After getting dressed, you take a few moments to look around your closet and make sure everything is where it should be.

> Ichirin: Examine hat rack.

Like any respectable FASHION ENTHUSIAST, you have a decent collection of hats to go with your various outfits, but you wouldn't wear one just because you can. OVER-ACCESSORIZING is a common mistake! You don't see why everyone in Gensokyo is so crazy about hats. It seems like just about everyone has some kind of hat or ribbon or animal ears or whatever sitting on top of their head. It seems SILLY AND EXCESSIVE, really.

> Ichirin: Examine buddhist miko outfit.

Byakuren asked you to try putting this together a while ago. It's coming along nicely, but you think it still needs some work.

You hope this will help REIMU HAKUREI feel more welcome at the temple once Byakuren finally gets around to converting her. For a temple dedicated to peace between humans and youkai, it's only natural that the Hakurei Shrine Maiden should be a part of it! Reimu seems hostile now, but Byakuren is sure she'll come around eventually, since the already limited patronage at her shrine has been dwindling ever since the Myouren Temple was built.

Everything looks like it's in its place. You exit your closet.

> Ichirin: Ask Nazrin her opinion on your outfit.

Nazrin looks you over for a moment.

> _

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:46 AM »
> Get us some Cucumber Bio-Fuel.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
>Practice danmaku sharpshooting skills.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »
> Acknowledge that Nazrin is the best.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2012, 04:16:11 AM »
> Lead Nazrin to fuel.  Grab cake.  Continue about your business.

> Retrieve Unzan on the way out.

« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2012, 04:57:56 AM »
>Give thumbs-up Nazrin a hug for being cute and awesome.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2012, 10:18:59 AM »
> Get Approve-Narin her cucumber Bio-Fuel.

> Leave the Closet [NOT THAT WAY], being sure to lock it on the way out. We know Nazrin got in somehow, last thing we need is Nue getting in.

> Rendevous with Unzan

> Head to party, being sure to say goodbye to Murasa before you go.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »
> Don't forget Yuugi's cake.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:40 AM »
> Ichirin: Give Nazrin the fuel.

You retrieve your tank of CUCUMBER BIO-FUEL from behind your bed chest, which is full of your SHAMEFULLY IMMATURE FASHION MAGAZINES. You ask Nazrin how much she'll need, and she replies that she'll probably need the whole tank, but she'll pay you back later. Whatever, she's good for it.

You mention that Former Hell is easy to get to and that she won't need to do any spelunking, but she tells you that she left something underground and that's she's using the party as an opportunity to go get it.

Nazrin adds the CUCUMBER BIO-FUEL TANK to her inventory, easily stashing the large object using her PACKRAT PERK. You don't think she even has a maximum weight limit. One time she grinded on trash mobs for a full week before she returned to town to sell the loot!

She thanks you and leaves.

> Ichirin: Grab the cake.

Oops, can't forget this! You update your inventory as well.

- 1x Golden Ring
- 5x Spellcard
- 1x Monk Outfit
- 1x Focus Sash
- 1x ??? Cake
- 2x Grape Jolly Rancher

?: 0
F$: 2

> Ichirin: Leave room.

You head back into the foyer, where Shou and Nue have changed into their outfits for the party as well.

Shou says she thinks your outfit is SUPER COOL. You return the compliment, since nobody can pull off a LEOPARD PRINT SHIRT like Shou can. You think it might be a little better if she ditched the scarf, but you keep that to yourself.

Nue is dressed as SCANDALOUSLY AS USUAL. If her hemline was any higher it'd be over her neck. When you make an issue of this, Nue claims that if anyone tries to look up her skirt, her MAGICAL PANTIES will show them naught but a TWISTED REFLECTION OF THEIR DARKEST FEARS. You dare not test this claim.

You tell them you'll be back in a minute.

> Ichirin: Get Unzan.

You return to find Kyouko putting the finishing touches on her sweeping. You tell her that's good enough and that she should go get ready.

Since she's a mountain youkai, you wonder if she has anything to wear and if you should ask her if she wants to borrow some of your clothes, but she's already off before you get the chance.

Despite your RELATIVELY CONSERVATIVE CHOICE OF OUTFIT, Unzan still gives you a hard time.

DO UP THAT TOP BUTTON ON YOUR SHIRT MISSY NO PARTNER OF MINE IS LEAVING THE TEMPLE DRESSED LIKE THAT

OH MY GOD UNZAN YOU'RE NOT MY DAD I'M A GROWN WOMAN I CAN DRESS HOWEVER I WANT

I THINK YOU'VE BEEN HANGING OUT TOO MUCH WITH THAT NUE HOUJUU SHE'S A BAD INFLUENCE ON YOU

SHE'S NOT A BAD INFLUENCE well okay I guess she is BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT

You eventually cave, like you always do. There's just no arguing with a traditional old man like Unzan.

> Ichirin: Visit Minamitsu.

You decide to say hi to her before you leave, and maybe try to convince her to go, although you doubt she will.

You head over to Minamitsu's shed, where she spends most of her time lately working on her shipbuilding project. Minamitsu hasn't really been the same ever since you disassembled the palanquin to build the temple; in retrospect, it might not have been such a good idea to take away a ship ghost's ship. Although she claimed it didn't bother her, she was pretty moody for a few weeks afterward. Byakuren even started wondering if she had made a mistake.

Then all of a sudden Minamitsu started work on this! She's pretty obsessive about it and won't let anyone help her with it. She insists everything has to be "done right". Unzan says not to worry about it, because there comes a time in every man's life when he must create something for himself (dismissing the fact that she is neither a man nor alive).

You greet Minamitsu, and she responds to both you and Unzan in kind. She says nice hat.

> _

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:21 AM »
>Attempt to convince the ghost to join us.

Edible

« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2012, 05:36:29 AM »
>Reminisce fondly upon Shou's bellybutton.

>Edible: Post shitty mspaint recolor of cute thumbsup nazrin.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2012, 07:19:13 AM »
>Ask how the work is going.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2012, 07:30:14 AM »
>Caution her that smoking is bad for.... Never mind, ghost.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »
her MAGICAL PANTIES will show them naught but a TWISTED REFLECTION OF THEIR DARKEST FEARS. You dare not test this claim.

Oh Ichirin, how could you forget Nue's power of Unknown? She can make herself appear like anything, based on the minds of other people, so I'm sure a short skirt is no problem for her.

> Check that everything is OK. She might not want help, but I'm sure if there's something she needs underground she'll be happy for us to get it on the way back.

> Ask if she has seen Byakuren around, because the most profilic temple member is the one you've not even seen today yet.

> Might as well ask about Mamizou too, although Nue might have been better for that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:37:05 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
> Compliment her jauntily-angled hat in return.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
> Ask if she'll have room for 2 of every animal.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
> Wonder where Nue got such a piece if she's so adamant about not having prankable personal possessions.

> Why didn't we tell Shou where Nazrin was?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:43:39 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Fightest

« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
> Wonder where Nue got such a piece if she's so adamant about not having prankable personal possessions.

> Shapechanging, no doubt.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2012, 05:15:44 AM »
>If acquiring ghost fails, thank her for the cake.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2012, 01:57:25 AM »
> Ichirin: Compliment Minamitsu's hat in return.

Nah, you know her better than that. She'd just say "this is the hat I wear everyday" and you'd have to say "well it's still a good hat" and that would be saying something pointless to be nice, and Minamitsu hates it when people say pointless things to be nice.

She won't tell anyone how her hat stays on her head like that. It's one of her many secrets. Everyone in the temple has their own theories on it; you suspect it is some kind of ghost hat, but you're not sure how a hat could die in order to become a ghost.

> Ichirin: Ask Minamitsu why she's not going to the party.

She says she'd rather use the day off to work on her boat, and besides, if she went, then somebody else would have to stay behind to watch the temple (which is true).

You get the sense that what she's telling you isn't the real reason, but you think you know why. Minamitsu probably doesn't want to go to the underground again anytime soon. Out of all of Byakuren's followers, she hated being trapped down there the most.

You decide not to press the issue.

> Ichirin: Ask about the boat.

She says the hardest part is already done and that it'll start going a lot faster now that the beams are set. It's really impressive that she's doing this all by herself, when you think about it.

It's pretty big, too! Nowhere near as big as the palanquin was, of course, but this is definitely more than a one-person ship. Minamitsu won't settle for a boat she can't properly call herself the captain of.

> Ichirin: Thank Minamitsu for the cake.

Cake?

She has no idea what you're talking about.

> Ichirin: Check cake.

You cautiously open the box and taste the suspicious cake.

This is a BOILED SOYBEAN CAKE! Oni hate this stuff! It would've been terrible if you handed this off to Yuugi!

NICE TRY, NUE.

> Ichirin: Remember you didn't tell Shou about Nazrin.

Oh, right! Well, it's okay, since now you know Nazrin is going to the party with you (even if she'll be occupied doing something else). No worries.

> Ichirin: Wonder if Byakuren and Mamizou are ready.

Byakuren is taking care of her temple-related duties and should be done shortly. She shouldn't need any extra time to get ready since she's going to the party in her usual outfit; she wants to represent the temple and possibly talk some youkai from the underground into visiting.

You haven't seen Mamizou yet today, so you ask Minamitsu about her. She says Mamizou stopped by this morning to ask if there were any good bottles of sake to bring to the party, and that Minamitsu reminded her that there were, until Mamizou drank them.

Mamizou said something about having to go get some more and left.

You'll see her when you see her, you guess.

> Ichirin: Return to living area.

You'd better check back in case they're waiting for you. Minamitsu tells you to have fun, and you tell her not to work too hard.

> _
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:24:22 AM by Stuffman »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2012, 02:04:25 AM »
> Wave farewell to Murasa and head to the living area.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2012, 02:08:14 AM »
>Look out for any visitors... or intruders.

Edible

« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:27 AM »
>Two-frame bluh animation loop!

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2012, 07:15:38 AM »
> Ponder the possibility of your RIVAL IN STYLE also coming to the party

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »
> If Nue is in room, have Unzan scold her for attempting to make Oni mad at Ichirin, and how dangerous mad, drunken Oni could be to EVERYONE, includeing her.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2012, 08:18:31 AM »
> Find sake of our own to take to the party

Fightest

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2012, 08:38:23 AM »
Byakuren is taking care of her temple-related duties and should be done shortly.

> Byakuren: Namusan.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
> When you get to Shou and Nue, glare at Nue until she feels guilty of herself.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:22:42 PM by One Elephant of The Failpocalypse »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
> Hold up on the glaring. How counter to our teachings would it be to counterprank Nue? Say, perhaps, by getting Yuugi to along with a loud and obvious proclamation of the wonder of the cake and how Minamitsu simply must be thanked for making it?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »
> Hold up on the glaring. How counter to our teachings would it be to counterprank Nue? Say, perhaps, by getting Yuugi to along with a loud and obvious proclamation of the wonder of the cake and how Minamitsu simply must be thanked for making it?

> When you get to Shou and Nue, glare at Nue until she feels guilty of herself.

> Hatch some extremley convoluted plan to get back at Nue that involves Kyouko in some way. And do it in a way that won't get you in trouble.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:37:32 PM by One Elephant of The Failpocalypse »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░