Author Topic: Lucky Touhou dodges the 3rd (Dodging like a Boss Volume 10 out!)  (Read 240557 times)

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Re: Lucky Touhou dodges the 3rd (Dodging like a Boss Volume 10 out!)
« Reply #870 on: June 12, 2014, 02:49:42 PM »
Just went through 2 small clusters of amulets on Reimu's last spell in IN. Warning: Maiden's Capriccio sounds awful at half speed.

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #871 on: June 13, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »
Just went through 2 small clusters of amulets on Reimu's last spell in IN. Warning: Maiden's Capriccio sounds awful at half speed.

Wow that slowdown sounded very creepy.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #872 on: June 21, 2014, 11:08:03 PM »
I managed to go though a wave of rice bullets in SA's stage 5.

Some time after Orin at the spread-shotted Ying-Yang Orb enemies.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #873 on: June 24, 2014, 04:17:07 AM »
I love messing around in 3-4.
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist

ISC143

• Kouischey
  • Caved Johnson
« Reply #876 on: July 05, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »
Is not impossible luck!

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #877 on: July 06, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
Apologies if this was brought up somewhere else, but what's currently happening with Dodging like a Boss? Volume 10 was released way back in November and the last thing I heard about it was that IHNN would be making them. This is the last trace of it that I can find.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #878 on: July 07, 2014, 04:41:43 AM »
Given, it was one dodge and it's PoFV, but what was that shit during reimu? I was gliding towards the upper half of the screen (which is really easy to me as Yuuka, even in dense bullet fields like the one I just fucking went through)
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Oh

« Reply #879 on: July 07, 2014, 05:20:55 AM »
Oh this happened a few days ago, pretty sure I used all the luck in my life here.

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
« Reply #880 on: July 16, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »

So I got through that while moving
Somehow
(replay attached)

KirisameMar_113

• Dodging is fun when I realise my X button broken
« Reply #881 on: July 19, 2014, 09:22:11 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47SzdDHgyDY
Dunno if this is lucky enough, but for me it is. (DS 3-5)
Normal 1cc : PoDD, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB
Extra : MoF, SA, DDC
Current Goal : DDC Hard 1cc or IN Final B Lunatic

« Reply #882 on: July 24, 2014, 01:12:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure the dodges I somehow pulled off starting shortly after 20:16 in this video qualify as lucky!
(PoFV Lunatic stage 9, playing as Sakuya against Shikieiki.)

« Reply #883 on: July 27, 2014, 12:46:51 AM »
No point posting here. The person making the videos is dead.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #884 on: July 27, 2014, 04:52:02 AM »

W-wait, dead dead or banned or inactive?

Enjoy.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #885 on: July 27, 2014, 05:07:39 AM »

Pretty sure IHNN took over and he seems rather alive!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #886 on: July 27, 2014, 05:25:59 AM »
Pretty sure IHNN took over and he seems rather alive!
I was going to but my laptop has so many issues trying to record Touhou lately (or even just play it) that it's rather unfeasible for me to, at least with my current computer.

However, it's still nice seeing all the random fluke dodges even if compilations aren't put together, and there's nothing stopping anyone else from picking up where fsvgm and ARF left off (I believe ARF said it was post 600).

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #887 on: July 27, 2014, 05:54:28 AM »
If I could find a good recording program that either 1. Records at 60FPS and doesn't eat my computer or 2. Records at 30FPS and doesn't trigger my OCPD, I would.

Actually, now that I think about it, Fraps would be a good idea. I'll try to get back to this within 12 hours of the original posting time and give a verdict.

It'd be a lot to do, but to be completely frank I am the definition of a neet until 25 August.

EDIT: Okay, fraps works, but it chugs a bit at 60fps, so slowdown sections are going to be a LITTLE choppy with 30fps.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:22:49 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #888 on: July 27, 2014, 06:17:14 AM »
I was going to but my laptop has so many issues trying to record Touhou lately (or even just play it) that it's rather unfeasible for me to, at least with my current computer.

However, it's still nice seeing all the random fluke dodges even if compilations aren't put together, and there's nothing stopping anyone else from picking up where fsvgm and ARF left off (I believe ARF said it was post 600).

Yup - the content will be here if anyone wants to put something together then!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #889 on: July 27, 2014, 08:56:20 AM »
It seems like the last replay he recorded for Volume 10 is this one. So....you can pretty much start from Page 21.
I was the one who said it. Sad to hear about your laptop issues, IHNN.

Anyway, good luck, Esu. If your verdict is positive, then I guess I can hand over the duty to you. (remember, if you upload it to YouTube, make sure it's Volume 11)

« Reply #890 on: July 27, 2014, 02:03:06 PM »
Yuugi supergrazing is fun. Also something on her 3rd non. (This is on the boss rush patch)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #891 on: July 27, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »
I was the one who said it. Sad to hear about your laptop issues, IHNN.

Anyway, good luck, Esu. If your verdict is positive, then I guess I can hand over the duty to you. (remember, if you upload it to YouTube, make sure it's Volume 11)

Thanks for the blessing. :> Any tips for organizing 50+ replays? Like, did you go by order of post number or did you just kinda order them wherever they fit best in your eyes?

EDIT: I may have to mention this: I'm going to have to record at 30FPS if things get kinda choppy. This doesn't sound bad until you realize that I have to show slowdown and frame by frames. I may need to rely on someone for some of the later games if it's impossible for me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:49:52 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #892 on: July 27, 2014, 02:31:04 PM »
Make it as fun to watch as possible. There isn't really a point to organizing them by post number. Go wild.

fsvgm777

« Reply #893 on: July 27, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »
Thanks for the blessing. :> Any tips for organizing 50+ replays? Like, did you go by order of post number or did you just kinda order them wherever they fit best in your eyes?
What I did was downloading them in post order, then put the replay names (along with possible conditions like 90 FPS or Ultra patch) in a text file until I had about 30 of them. That text file served as my recording checklist. If I felt there were too many dodges by one user (5 was my upper limit), I just delayed them until the next volume for more variety (at least, that's what I would have planned if I continued making the series past Volume 6). In order to make my task simpler as to which dodge was by who, I renamed the AVI files accordingly (like x1.avi, x2.avi, y1.avi), and if I made 2 or more AVI files for the same replay, I renamed the AVI files xpart1.avi, xpart2.avi, and so on.

Once I recorded all of them (in a separate folder, mind you), I just opened the Command Prompt and typed "dir /b *.avi > checklist.txt". This served as my editing checklist. At this point, I pretty much chose whatever fit best in my eyes. I believe that's what ARF did as well.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #894 on: July 27, 2014, 05:08:56 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. I'm making  an excel spreadsheet so that everyone who views the video has the ability to download or watch the individual replays themselves. Not only will I have a compendium of replays, but I will also have a method of transferring replays so that I know what to use in each episode.

Then once I choose what would take up ten to fifteen minutes, I'm going to figure out some funny way to order it. Of course, I'm going to make sure everyone has equal-ish time in the spotlight.

Do replays need to be named appropriately in order to be recognized?

Also, can we take this to private messages from here on out if this conversation continues? I feel like I'm flooding the thread >///<

If anything comes to a hitch, I'll post the compendium of 21-here to at least help someone else who wants to help. I'd love to be the guy that does this, but if something goes wrong I don't want my work to go to waste.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:20:56 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

fsvgm777

« Reply #895 on: July 27, 2014, 06:43:12 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. I'm making  an excel spreadsheet so that everyone who views the video has the ability to download or watch the individual replays themselves. Not only will I have a compendium of replays, but I will also have a method of transferring replays so that I know what to use in each episode.
That sounds like a really nice idea.

Do replays need to be named appropriately in order to be recognized?

Also, can we take this to private messages from here on out if this conversation continues? I feel like I'm flooding the thread >///<
I just kept the replay filenames as-is, and put them in the text file along with the name of the user whose replay is from. Basically, like this. As you can see, the same text file served as my recording checklist.

Also, we can take it to PMs....though, I don't think you're really flooding the thread.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #896 on: July 27, 2014, 06:58:24 PM »
Okay, so I just got to the start of Page 23 because this takes a while. It's gonna look a lot less messy when I'm done with the compendium.

I technically work with OpenOffice, which is basically a free/legal version of MSOffice. It's a lot less pretty than MS Excel, but it can still save in Excel 2003 files.

Yeeeeeeah, this is gonna take a while. But then again, by the time I get to Page 30-31 (Depending on how long it takes), it'll just be one at a time :V

Should I set a number limit of replays or just try to fill 10-15 minutes with dodges and slowdowns that are interesting?

Also, I'm going to be pasting replays that have already been used in their respective documents while still noting them in the original file as used.

EDIT: I'm also going to repeat names before paste shenanigans go down. I'm just writing the names once so that it's not tedious until it's only one or two replays at a time. :VVVVVV
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:10:50 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

fsvgm777

« Reply #897 on: July 27, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »
Should I set a number limit of replays or just try to fill 10-15 minutes with dodges and slowdowns that are interesting?
As I said before, I fixed myself a limit of around 30 replays per volume.

Also, the video should be at most 8 minutes long, though 10 minutes is still fine, in my opinion.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #898 on: July 28, 2014, 02:46:58 AM »
Okay, so the compendium from Post #600 to now is done. I've removed most youtube replays except for PC-98 replays after considering fsvgm's criticism against double compression, and even begged people like ARF or Cactu for specific incidents that didn't have a replay posted (ARF gave me one of them, look forward to that in Volume 11! :DDD).

Anyhow, here is the dropbox folder for anyone who wants to keep tabs on it. For the sake of lacking spoilers, please refrain from saying anything directly about it other than things like typos, something wrong, etc. here. In private, if a conversation is necessary, that's fine. Please note that the xls file may look a little messy compared to the ods because I edited the replay compendium in OpenOffice.

EDIT: All of the non-Youtube replays have been downloaded! Yes, I'm using a couple of Youtube replays. One is Zil PoDD and the other is just something so amazing that I dare not talk about it until the video's been released. I'll be calculating times after making and editing individual clips so that I can arrange the replays into good volumes that take up 6-9 minutes because who has a social life nowadays :V

ANOTHER NOTE: I won't be able to record anything besides Touhou 6 at 60FPS. I could always record at 30fps 1/2 speed and edit the music in when I speed it up to 60FPS, but that's way too much work for me, even in my neethood. I'd love to do it, but with 120 replays that I plan to churn into videos by the end of August, I don't see it happening. :( Please PM me about it if you aren't okay with this. It's times like this that I wish I had bought my PC in PARTS and not A PRE-BUILT HUNK OF JUNK. :cccccc
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:37:37 AM by Esper »

Enjoy.

« Reply #899 on: July 28, 2014, 10:07:34 PM »
I made a few cool dodges on Flying Fantastica here.