Author Topic: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)  (Read 98364 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2012, 05:16:17 AM »
>If she's not dodging, change over to the more power powerful frog-shots, and let her have a face full of those!
>Don't neglect the dodging, though.

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »
>If she's not dodging, change over to the more power powerful frog-shots, and let her have a face full of those!
>Don't neglect the dodging, though.

>She may have picked up a spellcard, but someone should really talk to this fairy about dodging. Perhaps a justice-loving hero could teach this up and coming fairy about some of the finer things about being a hero. Like evasion!
>But first things first. You fly up closer to Cinnamon, getting all up in her business, and unleash a stream of focused frogshot. Her parallel danmaku streams still do not move, despite your proximity, but another volley of fireballs blast out from the rings. There are a few more fireballs, and they move a little faster than the last batch, but these suffer the same drawback that the first volley did: None of them fly in front of her any closer than 10 feet or so, giving her spellcard a sort of 'blind spot', as it were. Not unlike a certain ice fairy's spellcard.
>Over the impact of your powerful frogshot, you can hear Cinnmon's voice warbling "AaAaAaAaAaAaAaAa!!" as your danmaku pummel her.

>Fire Sign: Cinnamon Wheel health remaining: 23%

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
>Keep up the music! circle around behind her, if we can.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
>Keep up the speed, too!! Disorient her!

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2012, 08:56:37 AM »
>Keep up the music! circle around behind her, if we can.
>Keep up the speed, too!! Disorient her!

>Oh, now you're just showing off. The little fairy hasn't moved, hasn't changed her shot, and her fireballs don't seem to be a threat to you in your current location. But, on the other hand, she IS a fairy, so it takes some emphasis to get through their heads, as often as not.
>It turns out though, that with as little health remaining on her spellcard as it is, fancy maneuvers and excessive speed aren't entirely necessary. You flit between bullets from her right hand and begin to circle around her, maintaining a stream of frogshot. As you come alongside her, however, her spellcards' health pool hits 0%.
>In a burst of light and sound, Cinnamon's spellcard dissolves. The little fairy seems disoriented, to say the least. "aaaaa..." she mumbles.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
>"Bye!"
>Continue toward that crash site!

« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2012, 02:14:14 PM »
Say loudly enough for her to hear "Well, she's not up to Crino, but that was fun."
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »
Say loudly enough for her to hear "Well, she's not up to Crino, but that was fun."

> And add as an afterthought: "Or Cirno, for that matter."

« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
>.<
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2012, 02:53:07 AM »
>"Bye!"
>Continue toward that crash site!

>That little distraction taken care of, you set off once again towards the crash site of that u.f.o. Kogasa flies up and falls in behind you as you toss off a compliment to Cinnamon, as you and your sidekick put some distance between her.
>Kogasa seems similarly impressed, as well. "Never thought I'd see a fairy with a spellcard that wasn't Cirno." She laughs a happy little laugh. "Maybe you should give her some pointers on spellcard tactics. You never know, she might volunteer to be your bodyguard, or a temple guard."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2012, 03:53:31 AM »
>"Nah, she fits better in a Quirky Miniboss Squad."

« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
>"Nah, she fits better in a Quirky Miniboss Squad."

>Kogasa blinks twice. "Is that one of those 'hero' terms from your world?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
>"Yep! But maybe she'll be a good Defender of Gensokyo in time."

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2012, 01:40:16 PM »
>"Yep! But maybe she'll be a good Defender of Gensokyo in time."

>"Practice makes perfect!" Kogasa pauses then, seemingly thinking. "A fairy Defender...." She giggles. "That's cute!"

Fightest

« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »
> Advance.

« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »
> Advance.

>As you and your trust sidekick fly on down the mountain, you note a distinct lack of furthur fairys rising to attack you. Probably thanks to your little demonstration of your prowess back with Cinnamon. The little fairy's won a fair amount of respect from the other fairys of the mountain, at least as much as fairy respect goes, so you'll probably be unmolested. At least for a while. Plus, you're getting handy to Tengu territory. Not a lot of fairys in and around their turf.
>There's also a fairly ominous looking storm cloud rolling in from the direction of the Myoren temple.
>You note Kogasa start to keep a sharp eye on the landscape below you in this region. Aya's snuck up on her more than once, and your friend considers it a point of pride not to let it happen again. She's not had tremendous success, but she certainly tries her best. And is cute doing it, you have to admit.

>Passing close to the broad river that cuts through Tengu and Kappa territory, you do indeed have an encounter with a tengu reporter, though not the one you'd expected to spring up at you. A pair of tengu are flying out ahead of you and higher up. The trailing tengu (whom you can't recognize) turns her head down to look at you. The leader, whom you know to be, Hatate Himekaidou, also turns her head back. The two decelerate slightly and begin to lower their altitude, dropping down towards you and Kogasa.
>"Think they wanna fight, too?" Kogasa wonders out loud.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »
>"Not if they know what's good for 'em!"
>Wave to the oncoming duo.
>"Hey!"

Fightest

« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »
> "Are you here to taste some JUSTICE or just have a chat?"

« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2012, 03:31:48 AM »
>"Not if they know what's good for 'em!"
>Wave to the oncoming duo.
>"Hey!"
> "Are you here to taste some JUSTICE or just have a chat?"

>Issuing a greeting and a challenge in the same breath, as all true heroes can do, the two tengu ladies make no offensive gestures as the descend to fly just above you and Kogasa. The smaller tengu returns your wave, you think a little tentatively, but Hatate takes the lead from her companion. Now that she's closer, you CAN recognize her. You've never caught her name, that you can recall, but you've seen her with Hatate a couple of times. She seems to be an assistant to Hatate, of sorts.
>"More the latter, I hope." Hatate replies with a casual smile. "It seems we're both going in the same direction."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2012, 04:08:29 AM »
>"Oh! DO you want to join my party?"

« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2012, 04:45:28 AM »
>"Oh! DO you want to join my party?"

>Hatate laughs, and her companion's face turns beet red. "Well, I wouldn't have put it like that, but, yes, I suppose so."
>"As a matter of fact, I had actually wondering if that thing, whatever it is, was something from the outside world. In which case, you'd be the resident expert."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:28 AM »
>"Don't know. Let's find out!"
>Onwards!

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
>"Don't know. Let's find out!"
>Onwards!

>Hatate has joined your party!
>Hatate's flunky has joined your party!

>The four of you resume your previous speeds towards the crash site.
>"Because I'm thinking," Hatate continues, "If it IS something from your world, than an interview with an expert would give me an edge over that OTHER reporter. If you're willing, of course."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
>"I could be convinced, if you were willing to make a proper donation to the Moriya Shrine, of course..."

« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »
>"I could be convinced, if you were willing to make a proper donation to the Moriya Shrine, of course..."

>Hatate looks you up and down weirdly. "Reimu?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »
>"I said the shrine, not me!"

« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
>"I said the shrine, not me!"

>The tengu reporter continues giving you the eye. "Sanae's never tried to extort money for her shrine before. Are you sure you're not Reimu?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »
>"Hey, I'm on the job here. If you want me to give interviews on the job, you're gonna have to help out the shrine."

« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
>"Hey, I'm on the job here. If you want me to give interviews on the job, you're gonna have to help out the shrine."

>Kogasa joins Hatate in her looking at you odd. "That's not a very hero thing to say..."
>Hatate tilts her head sideways. "Being the Moriya miko's a job?"
>Her assistant produces a small notebook and quilled pen, and begins scribbling notes.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »
>"Wait, you don't think keeping a shrine up and running and dealing with incidents is a job?"