Author Topic: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)  (Read 98172 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: TouhouGaea: Strange Neighbors (Sanae Route)
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2012, 03:39:59 AM »
>"Um, I have to see 'em, first. Unless you can show me? Can you do that cool holograph projection thing?!"

« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2012, 04:10:59 AM »
>"Um, I have to see 'em, first. Unless you can show me? Can you do that cool holograph projection thing?!"

>"THURSDAY IS CAPABLE OF LIMITED HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION. THAT COMPONENT, HOWEVER, IS NOT OPERATING AT FULL CAPABILITY. MISTRESS JENNIFER IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE REPAIRS."
>"The Myoren Temple's this way, Sanae-chan." Kogasa supplies. "Maybe Thursday-san means them?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #332 on: March 22, 2012, 04:14:23 AM »
>"Yeah, but it's a popular place, right?"
>Summarize what we know about the Myourens, with cavaets that they may not all be there.

« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2012, 12:15:45 PM »
>"Yeah, but it's a popular place, right?"
>Summarize what we know about the Myourens, with cavaets that they may not all be there.

>"Real popular!" Kogasa chirps.
>It takes several minutes to recount what you know of the Myoren crew to Thursday and Gordon, fielding questions from them about their abilities. Kogasa also contributes to the conversation, as she all but lives there, and informs both Gordon and you about several new arrivals to the shrine since the Sealed Prince incident. She speaks highly of them all, especially Nue and Byakuren. Byakuren, because she's, well, Byakuren. Nue, because Kogasa admires the alien's ability to surprise people, and has been trying for some time to get her to teach her some tricks. She admits to having little success.
>While Gordon does not entirely lose the suspicious look in his eyes when he looks at you, your mention of their danmaku prowess seems to intrigue him. "I've never heard of a fighting style like that." he admits. "Are these... spellcard battles.... completely non-lethal?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »
>"Yep! According to what I heard, the Spellcard Rules were made to give even humans a fighting chance against Youkai stronger than them. Something about being fair to everyone or something."
>"I've gone up against the folks at Myouren in the past, they're really good. Especically Nue and Byakuren. But Shou needs to be mentioned too, because she has lasers that curve! You have to see 'em to believe it!"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
>Shudder. Curvy lasers, so many bad memories ;_;

« Reply #336 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
>Shudder. Curvy lasers, so many bad memories ;_;

>You still wake up some nights with the sight of those haunting your nightmares... Fifth stage boss, indeed.

>"Yep! According to what I heard, the Spellcard Rules were made to give even humans a fighting chance against Youkai stronger than them. Something about being fair to everyone or something."
>"I've gone up against the folks at Myouren in the past, they're really good. Especically Nue and Byakuren. But Shou needs to be mentioned too, because she has lasers that curve! You have to see 'em to believe it!"

>"Quite a worthy goal." Gordon admits.
>"Curved lasers?" "CURVED LASERS?" the two aliens ask in tandem.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #337 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:06 AM »
>"They're horrifying!"

« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2012, 02:31:58 AM »
>"They're horrifying!"

>"Well, if these Myoren people are as you say, then let us hope the enemy finds them horrifying, too." You wince slightly at Gordon's pronounciation of 'Myoren.' It sounds like 'Mi'yourenn'.
>"DOES THIS TEMPLE POSSESS DEFENSIVE WEAPONRY?" Thursday asks you.
>Kogasa answers him, "What do you mean, 'defensive weaponry'?"
>"EXAMPLES: BALLISTIC PROJECTILES. ENERGY SHIELDS. ABLATIVE ARMOR PLATING. PARTICLE WEAPONRY."
>Kogasa looks very confused. "The building itself?"
"AFFIRMATIVE. INCLUDING SURROUNDING AREA."
>"Boo.... Sanae-chan, I'm not sure what half Thursday-san said. He talks like a kappa."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2012, 03:41:20 AM »
>"Don't worry; I understood it."
>"No, the building does not have any defensive weaponry, but it's hardly defenseless. THere are some really powerful people there."

« Reply #340 on: March 23, 2012, 07:25:31 AM »
>"Don't worry; I understood it."
>"No, the building does not have any defensive weaponry, but it's hardly defenseless. THere are some really powerful people there."

>"THIS IS UNDERSTOOD. HOWEVER, ONE DOES PRECLUDE THE PRESENCE OF THE OTHER."
>"Then again, Thursday," Gordon interjects. "This COULD be a world without the technology of our own!"
>"GOOD POINT. IS THIS THE CASE, DEFENDER OF GENSOKYO?" Man, that sounds cool coming out of a robot!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #341 on: March 23, 2012, 03:08:49 PM »
>"Well, the only people that use anything that needs electricity are the Tengu, the Kappa, and everyone else at the Moriya Shrine. That's where I live. But mostly just the Kappa, since they're always tinkering with machines and stuff. So yeah, there's not really much technology, nothing like the Outside World where I used to live."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #342 on: March 24, 2012, 07:25:22 AM »
>"Well, the only people that use anything that needs electricity are the Tengu, the Kappa, and everyone else at the Moriya Shrine. That's where I live. But mostly just the Kappa, since they're always tinkering with machines and stuff. So yeah, there's not really much technology, nothing like the Outside World where I used to live."

>"GENSOKYO IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM EARTH." Thursday intones.
>"So, who rules?" Gordon asks you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #343 on: March 24, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
>"There's no Gensokyo-wide government. Different places are ruled by different people. For instance, Kaguya rules the bamboo forest, and Satori the underground. And Lady Kanako's in charge of the mountain."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #344 on: March 24, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »
>"And then there's Keine down in the Human Village, she also works as a teacher apparently. Nobody really controls the Forest of Magic though, since there's a couple of folks living there."
>"And then there's this creepy mansion over near The Misty Lake, I hear that a vampire lives there! Apparently she's a really light eater from what I've heard. But she never really does much of anything really, I hear she caused quite a mess before I arrived in Gensokyo though, something about making way too much mist and screwing up the weather with it. Reimu and Marisa solved that one though, they've been doing that since before I showed up."
>Flash a suitably hammy grin. "But don't think that I'm not the real Defender of Gensokyo! I just consider it that they were holding down the fort for me until I arrived!"
>"...Even if they beat me up back then too..."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:30:26 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2012, 12:07:58 AM »
>"There's no Gensokyo-wide government. Different places are ruled by different people. For instance, Kaguya rules the bamboo forest, and Satori the underground. And Lady Kanako's in charge of the mountain."

>"And then there's Keine down in the Human Village, she also works as a teacher apparently. Nobody really controls the Forest of Magic though, since there's a couple of folks living there."
>"And then there's this creepy mansion over near The Misty Lake, I hear that a vampire lives there! Apparently she's a really light eater from what I've heard. But she never really does much of anything really, I hear she caused quite a mess before I arrived in Gensokyo though, something about making way too much mist and screwing up the weather with it. Reimu and Marisa solved that one though, they've been doing that since before I showed up."
>Flash a suitably hammy grin. "But don't think that I'm not the real Defender of Gensokyo! I just consider it that they were holding down the fort for me until I arrived!"
>"...Even if they beat me up back then too..."

>"Your world is a disorganized place of chaos!" Gordon declares. "It needs structure! Order! Lest anarchy descend upon it! What your world needs is a strong leader! A GREAT leader! Someone to uphold truth, justice, and all that is right!" Gordon leaves his safe perch on Thursday and jumps up to stand on top of the robot's shoulders. He proceeds to rant about how your world evidently is in dire need of a justice-loving leader to 'straighten it out' for several minutes.
>"Has he stopped to breathe in all that?" Fuu asks Hatate.
>"Twice. I think."
>"Think we should mention Yukari to him, Sanae-chan?" Kogasa asks you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2012, 12:35:12 AM »
>Nod to Kogasa. "Yeah, probably."
>"We don't need a leader, I just take care of the problems when they happen!"

« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:07 AM »
>Nod to Kogasa. "Yeah, probably."
>"We don't need a leader, I just take care of the problems when they happen!"

>"Yes.... YOU...." Gordon drawls. Since he possesses all the subtlety of a horde of drunken oni, it's not hard to tell he's still thinking, largely, that you're not quite what you say you are. The fact that he's even come this far with you is quite a thing, far as you can tell.
>"A strong leader would keep many problems from happening in the first place! And when he came up a bit short, that's where people like CAPTAIN GORDON, DEFENDER OF EARTH!! come in!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:34 AM »
>"So see? We're just fine like we are."
>Don't add weirdo to the end of that...

« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2012, 02:54:29 AM »
>"So see? We're just fine like we are."
>Don't add weirdo to the end of that...

>One suspects he may have been called that more than once already. Nevertheless, you refrain from adding the descriptor to your comment.
>Gordon draws in a breath, likely to continue his tirade, but Thursday interrupts him, "MY SENSORS DETECT TWO UNKNOWN FORMS OF ENERGY PRESENT AT ENEMY LOCATION. HIGH PROBABILITY ONE OF THESE ENERGY FORMS IS 'DANMAKU'. UNABLE TO CONFIRM DUE TO LACK OF REFERENCE. WOULD ONE OF YOU BE WILLING TO DEMONSTRATE 'DANMAKU' FOR THURSDAY?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #350 on: March 27, 2012, 03:49:39 AM »
>"Me me me!"
>Show Thursday a basic nonspell pattern.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #351 on: March 27, 2012, 04:11:14 AM »
>"Kogasa?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #352 on: March 27, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
>"...Aw, what the hey. Let's all show him a lot of examples! And if things go like I think they will, you'll get to see some spellcards here in a bit too!"
>"Spellcards are kinda like Danmaku, insofar as they're just a lot of it. But they're way fancier and stronger than the typical non-spells. I'll have to see if I can talk Kanako into showing you guys one of her best cards sometime!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
>"Kogasa?"

>"Mmm?"

>"Me me me!"
>Show Thursday a basic nonspell pattern.
>"...Aw, what the hey. Let's all show him a lot of examples! And if things go like I think they will, you'll get to see some spellcards here in a bit too!"
>"Spellcards are kinda like Danmaku, insofar as they're just a lot of it. But they're way fancier and stronger than the typical non-spells. I'll have to see if I can talk Kanako into showing you guys one of her best cards sometime!"

>You volunteer to supply Thursday with his data, and also give him the gist of what a spellcard is, as well as offer to show him Kanako's spellcards. How nice of you!
>You give your gohei a flick, for added dramatic effect of course, and bring forth one of your pentagram patterned spread of bullets, aiming them towards an unoccupied patch of ground beneath you.
>"DATUM RECEIVED. DANMAKU REGISTERED AND DETECTED AT ENEMY LOCATION. MULTIPLE DISTINCT SOURCES, APPROXIMATELY TWELVE. NUMBER OF SOURCES CANNOT BE DETERMINED DUE TO LACK OF RESOLUTION IN LONG RANGE SCANNERS."
>"That can't be right." Kogasa says. "Even with the new girls, there's not a dozen residents of the temple."
>"The Taoists might be involved, too." Hatate speculates.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2012, 01:16:00 PM »
>"Come on, we'd better get over there!"

« Reply #355 on: March 29, 2012, 11:35:29 AM »
>"Come on, we'd better get over there!"

>The Taoists... You wonder which side they're on. They're no friends of the Myoren crew, to say the least.
>Approaching the ominous black cloud reveals that, despite its appearance, it's not a storm cloud, as there's nothing falling from it, nor does there seem to be any sign of lightning, either intra- or extra-cloud electricity. But there is a distinct feeling of EVIL coming from it. It's also hanging rather lower to the ground than you'd expect from a cloud.
>Even before the gates of the temple start to come into view, you can see flashes of illumination in the sky, some of which you recognize as the lights damnaku, others similar but different, akin to laser blasts.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #356 on: March 29, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
>Hey, someone's fighting invaders without us! Not cool!
>Get over there!

« Reply #357 on: March 31, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
>Hey, someone's fighting invaders without us! Not cool!
>Get over there!

>You've got first dibs on any hostile alien force! It's in your hero contract. Somewhere.
>You drop down to a lower altitude, followed by Kogasa and Fuu. Gordon and Thursday descend as well, but remain a little above you and to your left.
>"I'm going ahead." Hatate says quickly before going from your speed to 'gone in a flash' in the blink of an eye. Even left her aide behind. Bloody tengu...
>"Great galaxies!" Gordon exclaims.
>"It's a tengu thing." Kogasa supplies to him.

>The images of the battlefield begind to unfold as you draw in closer. There are distinct humanoid shapes in the air- you recognize the forms of both the residents of the Myoren temple and the followers of Toyosatomimi no Miko, though there are several you cannot identify at this range. There are also at least two dozen figures riding.... Very odd looking metal things. They look almost like motorcycles without wheels. Several types of energy discharges are coming both rider and machine, all directed at either the myoren crew or the unidentified figures. None at the Taoists, as near as you can determine. Likewise, the taoists do not seem to be battling the riders.
>From the center of the black cloud hanging over the temple, a large, brilliant beam of yellow energy descends towards the ground, embedding itself into the temple, penetrating its roof. You find this beam hard to look at it. Not because of its brightness, but something about it scares you. You can't place what.
>Before you draw close enough to make out individual characteristics of the people involved on either side, an explosion of red light erupts from the ground, scattering a group of four humanoids that had been engaged in battle, sending them hurtling at high speeds. One of them, seemingly a girl with curly hair and brown clothes, rockets in your direction!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #358 on: March 31, 2012, 09:28:11 AM »
>Do we recognize her?
>If not and she seems threatening, give her the snake shots.

« Reply #359 on: March 31, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »
>Do we recognize her?
>If not and she seems threatening, give her the snake shots.

>It appears to that sutra-reciting mountain echo youkai you met when the Taoists reared their head.
>And she may be on a ballistic trajectory towards you and your allies- and Gordon- but she doesn't appear to be in control of her travel path at all.