Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 223542 times)

Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #900 on: May 27, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »
So, Shady and I were playing a round this morning and Stabby Stabby makes an appearance. Seeing him do his Spy work in person is frighteningly awesome.

I'm just glad that he was on my team. Poor Shady didn't get that luxury. :V Instead, he got Haku.. one of Stabby's clanmates and a damn good Demoman.

Unfortunately, after a few rounds we began to lose.. Many of our other teammates decided they wanted to mimic Stabby. Five Spies on Red.. and one outperforms the other four combined.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:19:52 PM by Dr.Strafe »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #901 on: May 27, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
It's very depressing to realize that you suck very hard at a game even when you have more than 1000 hours of playtime. Guess I will have to play the tutorial through the basics once again.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #902 on: May 27, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »
You could start by not demoknighting and not using the quick fix.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #903 on: May 27, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
So, Shady and I were playing a round this morning and Stabby Stabby makes an appearance. Seeing him do his Spy work in person is frighteningly awesome.

I'm just glad that he was on my team. Poor Shady didn't get that luxury. :V Instead, he got Haku.. one of Stabby's clanmates and a damn good Demoman.

Unfortunately, after a few rounds we began to lose.. Many of our other teammates decided they wanted to mimic Stabby. Five Spies on Red.. and one outperforms the other four combined.
Heh those were some fun matches indeed.  He kinda wrecked my entire team though so I had to raeg pyro for a bit. :V 
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #904 on: May 27, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »
It's very depressing to realize that you suck very hard at a game even when you have more than 1000 hours of playtime. Guess I will have to play the tutorial through the basics once again.
You could start by...not using the quick fix.
Second this.

I find that the only real time for the QF is when your team already has at least 2 other active Medics (at least one of whom has regular Medigun). Use the QF ?ber on either a side flanking group (while enemies are distracted with a normal ?ber on another front) or on a forward Kritz Medic, whoever he's healing, and your own heal target. For all other times, stick with Medigun if you're the only Medic; Kritz is okay too if another Medigun Medic is already there.

As for the Demoknight suggestion, I find them useful if your startegy focuses on attacking enemy units, but the sticky launcher makes Demo a lot more versatile than the shields.

Damn nice! One of my RL friends had the honour of fighting with Stabby, and said it was by all means worth it. :V

Many people seem to go on a Spy spree once Stabby is on or uploads a video on his YT. Sure, it helps, unless of course they're fighting Stabby himself. :V

Heh those were some fun matches indeed.  He kinda wrecked my entire team though so I had to raeg pyro for a bit. :V 
Completely understandable reaction to his play.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #905 on: May 27, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »
Alright, I have 4 keys and a ref right now, any idea what I should do with them ? Buying a Strange Rocket Launcher is really risky right now because of the price drops. (I recently lost a rec buying a Strange Sticky Launcher)

« Reply #906 on: May 28, 2012, 12:10:15 AM »
Alright, I have 4 keys and a ref right now, any idea what I should do with them ? Buying a Strange Rocket Launcher is really risky right now because of the price drops. (I recently lost a rec buying a Strange Sticky Launcher)
For the rocket launcher, don't do it for at least a month. I'd say that's ample time for the prices to settle.

Beyond that, there's not much to really suggest for keys and refined. Just don't unbox, buy whatever it is you want, and be prepared to wait till you get that perfect trade.

« Reply #907 on: May 28, 2012, 12:47:06 AM »

What an honor to actually fight him. How I wish I could play with him, but that's impossible since 200 ping.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #908 on: May 28, 2012, 03:14:33 AM »
You could start by not demoknighting
This.
The stickybomb launcher is the reason why only one Demo is allowed per team in competitive TF2. Really wish more Demomen could see how powerful and useful it is.
Now, Stabby? Like Yukari said, it would be an honour to fight against him and with him. But I'll just say that I'll love him when I fight with him, and I'll hate him when I fight against him.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #909 on: May 28, 2012, 03:29:01 AM »
Released my Administrator boss to the public, let's hope servers put her on soon. :3

I wasn't able to update the MotK server today though for various reasons. Welp.
Bad command or file name

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #910 on: May 28, 2012, 03:31:30 AM »
Nuuu Koishi ;____;

Actually nerfs are cool so :V

« Reply #911 on: May 28, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »
Released my Administrator boss to the public, let's hope servers put her on soon. :3

I wasn't able to update the MotK server today though for various reasons. Welp.
Aya nerfs oh boy :getdown:

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #912 on: May 29, 2012, 12:47:22 AM »

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #913 on: May 29, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »

Paruparu....

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #914 on: May 29, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
Finally found a server that has most every unique FF2 boss out there, including Aya and Koishi for those interested!

Server IP: 216.52.148.130:27015
Bad command or file name

« Reply #915 on: May 29, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
Flipping carts are over. Warping carts are awesome.
I've had worse.

One time in a server I regular at, the cart was moving by itself. Before the round started.

Even worse, it hit a point and increased the start up time before the round began. Blu actually won before the round started.

Not a video, but a screenshot for anyone interested. Note the timer and the later screenshots.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #916 on: May 30, 2012, 04:01:18 AM »

« Reply #917 on: May 30, 2012, 04:32:06 AM »
Yeah, it only took about 30 tries, but you got up there. Amazing that a single reflected rocket could give such a boost.

Also, I had a spare Conscientious Objector drop last week. (ironically, just hours after I finally put a decal on my dirty one.) I'll sell it to one of you fine folks for 1 Reclaimed. I've noticed that a few of us have been making Touhou decals on the signs. We could always use a few more :V

EDIT- Wow. I've never sold anything that quick :V
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:40:52 AM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #918 on: May 30, 2012, 04:34:14 AM »
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gamecubic/screenshot/540677086396897859/?tab=public I love reflect jumping :3
Less impressive given Strafe's recent post, but still, good job.

Yeah, it only took about 30 tries, but you got up there. Amazing that a single reflected rocket could give such a boost.

Also, I had a spare Conscientious Objector drop last week. (ironically, just hours after I finally put a decal on my dirty one.) I'll sell it to one of you fine folks for 1 Reclaimed. I've noticed that a few of us have been making Touhou decals on the signs. We could always use a few more :V
I'll take that Objector if you don't mind.

« Reply #919 on: May 30, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »
Less impressive given Strafe's recent post, but still, good job.
Well, it wasn't about a lack of skill or height. He kept slipping off of the roof, or others would interfere with the process :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #920 on: May 30, 2012, 04:48:02 AM »
Well, it wasn't about a lack of skill or height. He kept slipping off of the roof, or others would interfere with the process :V
:3

« Reply #921 on: May 30, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »
Oh what is thisssssssssssssssssss. Wtf is thisssssssssssssssss.

So. I've had a little business now going for a quite a bit of time that some others know about. I buy and sell Dealer Visors for .66 and 1.00 respectively (I'm totes legit now). Basically how I make all my metal as of late and how I afforded all my hats. I received a comment from someone today remarking on how the average price for visors on tf2op had risen.
I took a look and saw he was right. Before, people mostly sold them for under and up to a ref. Now I've seen some recent trades ask for 1.22 or crafts hats or even 1.66 for them which is unprecedented (ohemgee dey going over da spreedsheet :O ). I never saw prices that high for them during my venture into visor trading. I also took a look for people buying them and was jawdropped at what I saw.
There was always 1 other dude buying them for my same price of .66, which was no big deal, but nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww there are 2 other people buying for .66 and one buying for .77
Keep in mind that was ALL TODAY, I check this at least daily.

;________; Mah business.

tl;dr I think I helped break average visor price ;-;

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #922 on: May 30, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »
GJ Hourai DX

Admin got a big nerf, Aya got a buff amid feedback from AlliedModders and other servers.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #923 on: May 30, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
Reserve Shooter is too good. Why didn't I get a strange for this weapon sooner?

-100+ damage on puff and blast is uggh

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #924 on: May 30, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »
RS is an excellent weapon for Puff & Shooting indeed. I rely more on the Shotty though since I don't have to reload as often, allowing a better chance of finishing off enemies I ignite but can't safely Axtinguish.

But, note that RS is almost always banned in competitive leagues, and thus if we have a competitive whitelist expect me to ban it too.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #925 on: May 30, 2012, 02:17:40 PM »
RS is an excellent weapon for Puff & Shooting indeed. I rely more on the Shotty though since I don't have to reload as often, allowing a better chance of finishing off enemies I ignite but can't safely Axtinguish.

But, note that RS is almost always banned in competitive leagues, and thus if we have a competitive whitelist expect me to ban it too.

No matter. I personally like the Shotty too. The 6 shots make all the difference.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #926 on: May 30, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
Yeah, I prefer the shotty as it's the only long-ranged weapon I can use, and the only weapon I can use against pyros.

Only time I feel the RS may be good is if it's in an open field, and puffing them away is better than to get yourself killed against a heavy or so, so as I puff them I can get some mini-critz on him :V but honestly, I'd probably be dead if I did that or just tried to axetinguish him.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #927 on: May 30, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »
Flare gun fo lyfe \o/.  granted you're screwed if an enemy pyro has a shotgun or whatever but if it's really an issue i can always switch.  otherwise, flares are a great harassment tool and have good range.
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #928 on: May 30, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
Puff & Flare - another legitimate and good strategy. Very much geared for a Pyro who loves to be a hindrance to groups of enemies, rather than anti-unit powerhouse (Puff & Sting w/ Shotty or RS).
Bad command or file name

« Reply #929 on: May 30, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
Oh what is thisssssssssssssssssss. Wtf is thisssssssssssssssss.

So. I've had a little business now going for a quite a bit of time that some others know about. I buy and sell Dealer Visors for .66 and 1.00 respectively (I'm totes legit now). Basically how I make all my metal as of late and how I afforded all my hats. I received a comment from Alpha today remarking on how the average price for visors on tf2op had risen.
I took a look and saw he was right.
-snip-
Fixed.

AND I DUN' TOLD YOU.

GJ Hourai DX

Admin got a big nerf, Aya got a buff amid feedback from AlliedModders and other servers.
Wooohooo Aya buffs  :3

Yeah, I prefer the shotty as it's the only long-ranged weapon I can use, and the only weapon I can use against pyros.

Only time I feel the RS may be good is if it's in an open field, and puffing them away is better than to get yourself killed against a heavy or so, so as I puff them I can get some mini-critz on him :V but honestly, I'd probably be dead if I did that or just tried to axetinguish him.
I myself prefer the shotgun as well, the reserve shooter isn't the role I'd like to have with pyro. In order to get the full damage boost, or even a damage boost at all, you need to be in airblast range, and I use the shotgun for instances where I'm well out of range.

Puff & Flare - another legitimate and good strategy. Very much geared for a Pyro who loves to be a hindrance to groups of enemies, rather than anti-unit powerhouse (Puff & Sting w/ Shotty or RS).
Not really. A friend of mine pretty much exclusively plays Puff and Flare, but they're very good at picking. Flares do a good amount of damage if they're lit, and the damage remains the same even if they're at much longer range than a shotgun. All in all, I'd say the flaregun is mainly for pyros who rely a lot on airblast, but still want picking capability.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:16:44 PM by Alpha »