Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222829 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »
I feel ya there, except that I've never had the Replay Editor work on my systems. Lost a ton of silly moments that way...oh well, I have FRAPS for that so not a huge loss. But either way... :\
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2012, 11:03:21 PM »
ACtually, looks like most survived BUT the one I wanted to see the most, which had the longest life and most deaths. Damn, I was pretty much the only person on my team actually doing everything (taking sentries, weakening defense and final payload push, taking out snipers, etc)

I got them so paranoid that the engineer nest disappeared since all engies went pyro :V

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2012, 12:49:31 AM »
I got my first airshot kill yesterday with the standard rocket launcher (well, the Original at least). Felt pretty good.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2012, 03:37:20 AM »
I've gotten at least a 5 kill streak several times using the Fist of Steel without the help of Minigun. I manage to save the replay.. but most of them had errors.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2012, 04:02:22 AM »
You know, playing with the Strange Knife more, I think I'll stick to the normal knife now. Having a lack of knife from those pyros really hurt, but the original knife is pretty much what I need, I was killing everyone anyways :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »
You know, playing with the Strange Knife more, I think I'll stick to the normal knife now. Having a lack of knife from those pyros really hurt, but the original knife is pretty much what I need, I was killing everyone anyways :V
It's always regular knife or YER for me. The rest of them are too gimmicky for my taste.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2012, 08:55:25 AM »
I have two Strange Family Buisnesses and a Strange Boston Basher up for trade

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »
It's always regular knife or YER for me. The rest of them are too gimmicky for my taste.
Pretty much the same thing for me, although I do love some Spycicle action from time to time. It's handy as an extinguisher. :V

Excellent. Yeah, I love the default knife as well. Once I remapped the "last disguise" key, and switched to a shorter disguise menu (only using keys 1-3), switching disguises is much easier and efficient. Playing Spy is so much fun :3

N-Forza

« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2012, 10:15:17 AM »
Anyone else want a Strange Scottish Resistance? I was hoping to get a Strange Reserve Shooter but welp.

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
Once I remapped the "last disguise" key, and switched to a shorter disguise menu (only using keys 1-3), switching disguises is much easier and efficient. Playing Spy is so much fun :3

Stabby stabby's spy config disguises you with the function buttons. You can remap it as well in the spy config.

Also yeah, default knife FTW. I don't have a spy-cicle, but I imagine the pain to fight a pyro without a knife.

Besides, cornerstabs take most pyros with ease. :V

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »
Well damn, even with the recent update my system still hates replays. Can't even get to the editor regardless of where I get the replays to start with....

However, I think I finally (re-)found the server where a modified VSH mode starring Cave Johnson and the lemon grenade launcher are. Shame it didn't kick in though.
Bad command or file name

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »

I've seen some people get a lot of use out the Conniving Kunai or w/e its called. Taking out a Heavy-Medic combo with backstabs makes you pretty much indestructible for a little while.

'Course, I am terrible at Spy for the time being, so whenever I get even one backstab I get all giddy and shit and then fuck up and get killed :derp:

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »
but I imagine the pain to fight a pyro without a knife.

You don't. You pick Enforcer and kill them before the fire invincibility runs out.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »
Anyone else want a Strange Scottish Resistance? I was hoping to get a Strange Reserve Shooter but welp.
TF2WH had a Strange Reserve Shooter going for slightly less than a Strange Scottish Resistance.  Both a bit less than a refined.

Stabby stabby's spy config disguises you with the function buttons. You can remap it as well in the spy config.
Function buttons are cumbersome.  Simple disguise menu lets you use the buttons 1-3 after selecting the disguise kit.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
Function buttons are cumbersome.  Simple disguise menu lets you use the buttons 1-3 after selecting the disguise kit.
Indeed. Using the Function keys is really no different than the default setup. Reaching to "9" versus reaching to "F9", etc. I find it much easier to just quickly type "4-3-1" while running, and I'm suddenly a Medic. :3 If anything, this practice has helped streamline my Engie construction.. especially Gunslinger.

Barrakketh

« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2012, 12:47:47 AM »
Indeed. Using the Function keys is really no different than the default setup. Reaching to "9" versus reaching to "F9", etc. I find it much easier to just quickly type "4-3-1" while running, and I'm suddenly a Medic. :3
Using F9 (or the default setup) also means either taking your hands away from WASD or your mouse.  That's not ideal.  I can keep running with my middle finger and press 1, 2, 3 with my index and ring fingers, so simple disguise wins for me.
If anything, this practice has helped streamline my Engie construction.. especially Gunslinger.
I bind "F" to have a sentry ready to place.  Shift+F will destroy an existing sentry and have one ready to place.  When I'm a spy, "F" is last disguise.  For everyone else, F is melee (more convenient for axtinguishing someone).
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

N-Forza

« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2012, 12:49:25 AM »
Kind of hard to trade TF2WH stuff they are already maxed out on inventory of. Otherwise I would've done it a long time ago.

« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2012, 02:29:59 AM »
Indeed. Using the Function keys is really no different than the default setup. Reaching to "9" versus reaching to "F9", etc. I find it much easier to just quickly type "4-3-1" while running, and I'm suddenly a Medic. :3 If anything, this practice has helped streamline my Engie construction.. especially Gunslinger.

I remapped mine so that F1- F5 are disguises I normally use.

F1 is scout, F2 is sniper, F3 is pyro, F4 is spy, F5 is engie.

To each their own though.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Barrakketh

« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2012, 03:38:16 AM »
Kind of hard to trade TF2WH stuff they are already maxed out on inventory of. Otherwise I would've done it a long time ago.
True...unlike the regular sticky bomb launcher, the Scottish Resistance isn't a weapon that a demoman usually uses so it's not really desired.

I'd probably give the Scottish Resistance another shot if they they made the stickies immune to being moved by airblast and other explosives.

« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »
Lots of good early morning trades. I got a hold of SF Wrench, SF Rocket Launcher, SF Stickybomb, and a Strange Grenade launcher. :3 The only SF weapons I need now belong to that damn Scout... Well, he can wait. :V

I'm putting my Strange Wrench up for trade along with that Strange Medigun, if anyone is interested.
I also have the following (normal) Festives: 2 Wrenches, 2 Rocket Launchers, 1 Sticky, 1 Flamethrower, and 1 Sniper.

I figured I'd let you guys get the first shot at them before I throw them on the trading boards.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »
I'm sorta interested in that Strange Wrench, for when i'm not using the Gunslinger. Just tell me what you want for it.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »
I'm sorta interested in that Strange Wrench, for when i'm not using the Gunslinger. Just tell me what you want for it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2012, 10:33:19 PM »
A couple of Reclaimed metals should be fine.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2012, 11:26:26 PM »
It's about that time to clear out my armory again. For convenience's sake, I'll list the stuff up for grabs by class order.

Scout:
The Shortstop
The Holy Mackerel
The Sandman
Crit-a-Cola
The Atomizer
The Sun-on-a-Stick

Soldier:
The Original
The Black Box
The Battalion's Backup
The Market Gardener

Pyro:
The Degreaser
The Backburner (Uncraftable)

Demoman:
The Ullapool Caber
The Pain Train
Nessie's Nine Iron
The Scottish Resistance (Uncraftable)

Heavy:
The Holiday Punch
The Tomislav
The Buffalo Steak Sandvich
The Warrior's Spirit

Engineer:
The Gunslinger
The Jag x2 (I recall someone asking for these at some point, I think...)

Medic:
The Solemn Vow

Sniper:
The Razorback
Jarate (Uncraftable)
The Sydney Sleeper

Spy:
The Enforcer
The Big Earner

Drop me a message on Steam or let me know here if there's anything that you'd like. I'm looking for a couple weapons, myself, so I'd be happy to trade a small mountain of these for some of them. I could use... welp, list time again. :V

The Three-Rune Blade
The Apoco-Fists
The Eureka Effect
The Phlogostinator
The Third Degree
The Unarmed Combat
The Wanga Prick
The Sharp Dresser
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:25:56 AM by InfernalExuro »
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

N-Forza

« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
Strafe: I really want that festive sniper still, but all I have is the S ScotRes. Is that OK?

Exuro: I had a Manmelter drop last night. I'll trade it to you for three random craftables. I also have a Bootlegger I'll trade for any 1 craftable.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:17:35 AM by N-Forza »

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »
Sounds good to me! I'll add you and we can get to trading whenever possible.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2012, 02:48:28 AM »
Speaking of items, I've got a strange Family Business and an uncraft Machina up for grabs.

Also, I really like my new strange Bazaar Bargain even though I'm a poor-as-piss sniper. It just sounds so cool.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
Just played a bit on the Reddit Great Lakes server. I AM TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME. I can play medic, though.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2012, 05:37:08 AM »
Well since we seem to be talking trading as of late:

Would like to get a... S. knife (default or festive), S. Rifle (any but pisser), S. Ubersaw, S. Reserve, S. Scattergun, S. axetinguisher, or S. Ambassador . Not sure on pricing but most go for one rec (only have 2 atm) from what I understand >.>

Selling: One Coup Disaster (hat crafting duplicate, yay....), anything on page 5 of my backpack, 50% off a Valve title :V, and some crates (26, 31, 32, 33x2, and 37x2) Could also possibly trade my sharp dresser since it's only for aesthetics, but it's still bad ass enough I'd rather not part with it (could try making me an offer though).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2012, 07:57:33 AM »
Strafe: I really want that festive sniper still, but all I have is the S ScotRes. Is that OK?
Yeah, that should be fine. Hit me up at any time.

Freyband: If I can get my hands on a SF Scattergun, I'll keep you in mind when I'm looking to trade out my S Scattergun. It might be a while before all this comes to pass. The SF Scout stuff is just too damn pricy. :V

I'm going to be dramatically slowing down my purchases and un-crating for a while as
Spoiler:
Valve has waaaaay too much of my money.
However, if I stumble across anything worthwhile, I'll let you guys know.