Author Topic: Katawa Shoujo: After 12 years, it's finally here  (Read 131957 times)

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
Re: After 12 years of waiting and 5 years of development, it's finally here
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »
The guy who did Hanako's route (at least, excluding the rewritten parts) wrote an epilogue of sorts: 1 and 2.

It's not canon.

It's not.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
Am I good at this yet

Fuck I only got 23km on my first run and not beat it since, it took an eternity to get to 23km, so you must have been playing 30 minutes+ for that.

I like Kuuso Rumba but it has its limits

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
The guy who did Hanako's route (at least, excluding the rewritten parts) wrote an epilogue of sorts: 1 and 2.

It's not canon.

It's not.

We already know the true ending! :>

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »

It's not canon.

It's not.

=D. I like this.

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »
Do everything right, then do the wrong thing when Lilly calls you
Thanks. I thought I'd get a bad ending if I did this =P
Apparently I did something wrong before she called me sometime, then.

gammaraptor

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »
Thanks. I thought I'd get a bad ending if I did this =P
Apparently I did something wrong before she called me sometime, then.

Spoiler:
You have to not do anything when lily leaves instead of going to town

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
did someone post the walkthrough already?
because I swear to god if I encounter than bad end one more time I will hurghl myself in the hablr
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »
because I swear to god if I encounter than bad end one more time I will hurghl myself in the hablr
Just save before you answer anything. :P
It's as legit as a walkthrough would be, anyways.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2012, 02:34:44 AM »
As much as I may agree with the sentiment... BV

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2012, 03:00:48 AM »

Yeah there is . look up "Katawa Shoujo Flowchart" if you want it. I mainly looked it just to see how to get routes in the first place, although in the end I found I wasn't using it regardless. I think I originally found it by accident. Either way its easy to find by googling that.

I've been suprisingly lucky and had good ends all the way so far, except the one I fucked up on purpose to lay Misha. BV

Including on Rins path which I just did, and to be honest, I felt massively trolled. Its a friggin rollercoaster and I sure wasn't expecting one.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2012, 04:36:40 AM »
So once I finish the five normal routes I unlock Miki route, right?

...Right? Guys? :]

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
So once I finish the five normal routes I unlock Miki route, right?

...Right? Guys? :]
Yes.  You also unlock Kenji and Misha routes.

Spoiler:
;___;

EDIT: Speaking of which I just saw Kenji
Spoiler:
take off his glasses.
Oh god why does he look so depressed
Oh god why is this song so sad
asdfghghgh ;______;
I want to hug him so much ;-; damnit why is the most fun character so undateable WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME IN VISUAL NOVELS
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:35:11 AM by Garlyle »

« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
You forgot Akira's route. It's unlocked after you see 100% of the scenes.

gammaraptor

« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »

EDIT: Speaking of which I just saw Kenji
Spoiler:
take off his glasses.
Oh god why does he look so depressed
Oh god why is this song so sad
asdfghghgh ;______;
I want to hug him so much ;-; damnit why is the most fun character so undateable WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME IN VISUAL NOVELS

That was so awesome. And then he just goes back to being good old kenji.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Totaku's analysis on Katawa Shoujo: Shizune's route: Good End SPOILER ALERT
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
Ok time to cover Shizune's route now, this one will not be so long, but so as usual I leave the warning:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING SPOILERS CONTAIN INFORMATION ON SHIZUNE'S ROUTE, ALL TEXT HAS BEEN SPOIL BLOCKED AND IMAGES HAVE BEEN LINKED. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK! *PUN NOT INTENDED*

A tale of two friends who one the student concil, one with serious determination, the other with a happy personalty. With a help of a third person, can they lead to a bright future? Or will they be separated by their own problems?

Spoiler:
Shizune/ Misha Route: Act 2: Learn to Read

Spoiler:
This chapter mainly had Hisao starts learning all about sign language and taking up tutoring classes with Misha to help out in the learning process. Later on hilarity would insues when Kenji would ask Hisao to go pick up a package for him so that he wouldn't be detected by the "feminist scum". And once again, Shizune would try to challenge Hisao to one of her "games" this time carrying Kenji's package back to the campus grounds (only to fail). Then we had Shizune and Misha talk about getting stalls ready for Tanabana and that Misha had to work on her classwork during the time so she ends up spilling the beans on hisao's secret that he could actually do sign language to an extent.]

Spoiler:
During the preparations of Tanabana, Hisao would run into Lilly and while Shizune tries to chew out Lilly, Hisao paraphrases Shizune's comments in a more polite manner. :V Fun how that all worked out since Lilly can't see and seems to retain a somewhat pokerface to Shizune, and Shizune can't hear.

Spoiler:
Then comes the crowning moment of awesome in act 2. When Hisao meets up with Kenji as he talked about how he wares his glasses to conceal his identity and after argument the unthinkable happens...

Spoiler:
He removes his glasses, and make the awesome statement ever in all of his lines in the game thus far.

Spoiler:
Course thanks to Hisao running his mouth he makes Kenji put his glasses back on and he continues to rant his mad conspiracies.

Spoiler:
Then on Tanabana night, Misha, Shizune and Hisao go out to the town. Misha and Shizune are in their Yukatas. Fun is had, then Misha suddenly grows tired and goes to bed early (I assume it's because she has to get up early to style those drill curls)/spoiler]

Spoiler:
So with that Hisao and Shizune would eventually return to campus and have a little alone time with each other for the remained of the night...

Spoiler:
Shizune/ Misha Route Act 3: Slight of Hand (AKA Meet The Family)
[/b]

Spoiler:
In this act Shizune and Misha invite Hisao on a trip to go Shizune's family. Course we learn two things about Shizune and Misha.

Spoiler:
1. Shizune is a classy dresser and 2. Misha is a Republican

Spoiler:
They all take the train and reach their destination, Hisao gets to meet up with who appears to be Shizune's younger sister... oh wait, I mean brother, because he's a cute little trap, that looks huggable. Course he's about as much of a stuck up as Shizune (but on a lighter scale, so he's tolerable)

Spoiler:
Course inside the house we meet with Lilly and Akira. Who apparently came along, and we learn that Lilly and Shizune's fathers are brothers (I was told that the Devs made an error on this and it's suppose to be cusions, but it's a matter of will they fix it). Course before too long Lilly's group and Shizune's group all decide to take their Shizune's dad's car and drive to a lake to do fishing for the day. Thanks to Hisao's clever paraphrasing, he was able to get Lilly and Shizune to (sort of) cooroperate with ear other while finishing.

Spoiler:
The following day we meet with who we can call "The Biggest Jerk of the World" Jigoro. He starts out all nice and stuff which was a good start, but after a few minutes, he starts talking crap to everyone! Not a minute can pass without this man insulting anything and everything you say or he sees. He is one person who deserves to get punched into the abyss and never return. You never diss a man with his sweater vest....EVER!!!

Spoiler:
the following day Hideaki (Shizune's trap brother) expresses interest in sign language and while Hisao tries to teach him, the fun don't last long as Shizune's arse of a father decides to waltz up and start talking crap about our "hands flailing about" Really... this man deserves to be punched in the mouth.

Spoiler:
He even finally makes clear at one point that he thinks her own just being stubborn and that he spend tons of money of interpreters and tutors to get Shizune to "Speak"! WTF MAN!? Seriously! Are you dense as hell?! Your daughter cannot speak because she cannot hear?! And if you tried to get her to even speak she wouldn't well sound all that great being that she can't really hear her voice (I'll be honest, I haven't heard a decent sounding deaf person in my life before but it's probably because all the deaf fokes I met kinda sounded really off key due to "not being to hear the sound of their voice")

Spoiler:
Seriously, this man deserves the "Worst Dad Ever Reward" because no one can really compare to his extreme self absorbiveness and jerkish behavior like him.

Spoiler:
course right then Shizune comes back from her shopping and mentions the Misha went to the barber to get a hair cut and when we Misha....Why did you get rid of your drills? ;_;

Spoiler:
Course thanks to Jigoro's arse ways and Misha's volume control it didn't take long for them to get into a yelling contest and Shizune and Hisao slip away inside the house leaving Hideaki  to listen to the two screamer yell it out....

Spoiler:
So then what happens then? Shizune ties Hisao to a chair, unzips his pants and saddle rides him till he cums.... Yup.... Shizune just seems to choose an interesting time to do that.

Spoiler:
Course after that day the trip came to an end and they took the train back to school. From there the crew started working on putting up flyers to hold an election for student concil president even though it was several months early for something like that to occur since Shizune insisted on wanting to push for competion. So with that Misha and Hisao has to plaster posters around the library and so forth while Kenji hides from "Feminists" in the library.

Spoiler:
Course eventually a few days later Shizune asks what's going on with Misha because she stops showing up at the meetings. Eventually after a few days Misha would appear at Hisao's dorm and asked to come in. She admits that she is depressed and asked Hisao to..... COMFORT HER!

Spoiler:
Unfortunately, if Hisao thinks with his head correctly he realizes something is wrong, but before he could speak, Misha already tries to bed Hisao until he pushes her off of him. She leaves upset and the following day Hisao meets Misha on the roof, and learns about that she feels she has hurt Shizune's feelings because of an argument. But then tops it off with the most shocking reveal yet.

Spoiler:
In her past, when the Student Council dwindled down to just Misha and Shizune.... it turned out....Misha was Lesbian for Shizune. But Shizune rejected her love plea, but insisted that they stay friends. And now she feels that her friend is being taken away from her due to Hisao developing a romantic relationship. After trying to reason to her for a bit, Shizune find the two of them on the roof and talks to them eventually leading Hisao, Shizune, and Misha leaving together as they walk around the campus to discuss their troubles.

Spoiler:
Shizune/ Misha Route Act 4: To my Other Self

Spoiler:
Let's face it....this chapter really didn't have much for it happening. It was really anti climatic....

Spoiler:
Hisao and Shizune try to work with trying to patch up things with Misha, Misha dodges them for a while. But eventually Hisao managed to get to sit down and talk to her a bit. The following Day, Shizune explains that Misha patches things up with Shizune and feels that she now realizes that perhaps she took things way too seriously at student concuil and should look forward to really pushing herself into the future that is ahead.

Spoiler:
So after a while, Shizune, Misha, and Hisao bring in a few new recruits to replace the student council since they were going to graduate soon. The new student council gains popularity. And when Shizune and Hisao are alone one night in the student concil room, they decide to make love in the room... I sure hope they cleaned up well after that... cause I hate to see what the new council's reaction would be if they found anything signs that they used their desk for their....needs.

Spoiler:
Afterward, Shizune tells Hisao to come to the main school office and follow her. When they reach Mutou's classroom they find out Misha's been taking night classes to get her scholarship she needs to study abroad for her degree as a sign language teacher.

Spoiler:
Then on graduation day, Hisao says his goodbyes to Kenji, and meets up with Shizune and Misha at the gate. The three have a chit chat, find Yuuko taking pictures and ask her to take a picture of them. Thus they perform a epic pose at the gate. And thus end their tale.....

FINAL THOUGHTS AND RATING ON SHIZUNE'S ROUTE
Spoiler:
What's the word for this route other than....HORRIBLY RUSHED! There is none that I can think of. It fail to capture me, and the characters while interesting, didn't really serve any kind of purpose. I had almost hope Shizune's route was going to center around her family because I feel that secretly she may feel kinda distant from them. I mean none of the know sign language. Jigoro is a blind moron of a dad who is too absorbed with his Bibliography to even realize that her daughter has a disability. I personally think the route really should of been about Hisao trying to find a way to strike a better bond with Shizune's family for Shizune's sake. And it could of even kept Misha's Lesbian affair issue in the process. But instead it felt like that almost all the charters severed no role except for Kenji and Misha.

Spoiler:
In fact this really should of been called the Misha Arc. Cause it surely wasn't really focusing much on Shizune. Even Shizune herself felt mostly like a stepping stone to the real problem. Kinda sad really.

Spoiler:
And from what I recall, Shizune's route was actually rewritten before. So I'm kinda curious what the older version was about. Chances are the changes were made so that Misha could become more important. Which is a good thing. But it really feels like Shizune didn't really have a MAJOR issue considering how she seems to handle herself.

Spoiler:
I would of been more touched if somehow though this whole thing that hisao actually got Shizune to laugh. I mean I know he probably be shocked, but he would understand.....sigh... this whole thing was depressing and rushed.... And the only thing that made it worth while was Misha.

Story: 4
Spoiler:
Misha...that's the only thing good about shizune's arc because at least she had a problem that raised concern with Hisao and Shizune. But since was suppose to be about Shizune I feel it missed it's point. It would of been better if it really was actually put Misha on a very heavy focus.

Characters: 4
Spoiler:
Misha and Kenji are the only highlights in this chapter. They are both have their crowning moments of awesome and their sad moments. I feel more sorry for them compared to anyone else. Hideaki and Jigoro and possibly Shizune herself feel like they were "just there" and not really serving a purpose to the story other than to make it have flavor...

H-Scenes: 4
Spoiler:
nicely done, but almost all of them were so out of place it's kinda scary. I'm kinda surprised how Shizune's so viciously dominate. But otherwise, she chooses very awkward times to bang Hisao. Really the crowning winning moment of H-scenes here doesn't go to Shizune..... it goes to Misha.
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6778/screenshot20120114at439.png
Spoiler:
How can you resist a face like this when you got her on the bed. Seriously BAD END ROUTE IS BEST ROUTE EVER!

END OF SHIZUNE ROUTE SPOILER

Well time for me to give Hanako the Chocolate!
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »
Yeah, I agree it pretty much turned into a Misha route in the end. Though the idea is that each one its kinda about their problems and how they deal with them, and it isn't that Misha has a problem, its that Shizune has one, but its the fact it causes Misha trouble that causes the shift in focus.

Also is this true what people are saying about actual Kenji and Misha routes, or is this trolling?  :V

The obligitory jerk friend route in clannad was actually pretty good, so If there is a kenji route it'd probably be interesting.

« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »
there are only 5 routes :ohdear:

Totaku

« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2012, 10:39:58 PM »
Also is this true what people are saying about actual Kenji and Misha routes, or is this trolling?  :V

The obligitory jerk friend route in clannad was actually pretty good, so If there is a kenji route it'd probably be interesting.

As much as everyone wants a Kenji and Misha route, there isn't one. Though I would pretty much call Shizune's route that since they pretty much take the spot light in that route.

Also that Hanako opening.... so dark, yet nicely executed. I got a feeling I'll love this route.
Now I Twitter

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »
Hanako is the last route I have to finish now, so I'm nearly done.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:06 AM »
I'm not quite done Shizune route yet, but I'm enjoying it way more.  I like the fact that it doesn't necessarily just focus solely on Shizune like it could have.  It focused on her enough that I have already grown to really like her after initially thinking she was kind of stuck-up, but honestly by this point she's probably my favourite character.  She's just so much fun.

The part that amazes me that you didn't complain about (or that I just missed) is the fact that Shizune route has a grand total of
Spoiler:
one decision to make the entirity of the route
.  THAT is the part that's bothering me, but it's a nice enough story that I'm not really minding too much.

And yes, sadly, Kenji and Misha routes do not technically exist (Well, there IS sort of a Kenji route but it is
Spoiler:
really just the 'bad end' to act 1
.  Nor
Spoiler:
Hideaki
route
Spoiler:
oh god please I started fanboying like crazy over him oh my god
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:55:16 AM by Garlyle »

pineyappled

« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2012, 03:54:56 AM »
Screw Misha and Kenji, we need a Miki route.

« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2012, 04:16:14 AM »
*sigh* :ohdear:

Totaku

« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

Second this! Why is someone as awesome as her not have her own route?
Now I Twitter

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2012, 07:51:58 PM »
True, a miki route might have been cool.

Got 95% completion so I assume I gotta go back and piss some girls off. Hanakos neutral ending wasn't too bad, I almost thought I was heading for a good one. The good route is still too short I think though.

By the end I think my fave routes were either Lillys or Emi's. Emi's is just damned hilarious at times. And Lilly was just real nice to run with (though doesn't feel like it has much replay value sadly compared to others) And Rin's route I found frustrating mostly, which isn't what I was expecting from how it opens up. I didn't particularly like shizune but I did like how the sign language and spoken clashes later with its moderation, and had a line I really liked in that route as well. Hanakos... Hanakos... I'm not sure how I feel about it. I admit it has influenced me though, I was playing pool earlier (which I do fairly often) then fancied a game of chess.

Probably gonna dig the board out this weekend  :V

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »
OST's been released.

Also I'll just leave this here:

Come at me Lillybros.
Spoiler:
Misha at 2%? What the fuck is wrong with people?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »
OST's been released.

Also I'll just leave this here:

Come at me Lillybros.
Spoiler:
Misha at 2%? What the fuck is wrong with people?
>1% Kenji
>5% Shizune

Fuck yeah I'm hipster apparently

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
40% who answered haven't even played that game though, and people probably didn't pick up on the fact that Shiina is Misha. I can't take that poll seriously. ;V

The soundtrack is nice too, by the way! Give it a listen~

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2012, 03:00:51 AM »
Downloaded OST, now listening to Parity on repeat 24/7 :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852