Author Topic: Sword Girls !!!  (Read 30215 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Sword Girls !!!
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2011, 03:08:43 AM »
I've considered Shield Break, actually, since high-DEF enemies are my biggest issues since a number of my hitters are fragile.  Not sure.  Also looking into...Magic Eye, I believe, for the sake of crippling enemy stats, if it's the card I'm thinking of.  (Though that one, IIRC is a Double-Rare, so it'll probably take a crapton of stuff to get...)

I'm keeping normal Iri probably unless I can get her Wedding form, and even then probably not transforming her yet...I like the normal one's art the best, out of her various counterparts. (That's the whole reason I picked Darklore in the first place, actually, tbh.)

Fatal Blow scares me since I'm always afraid that i'll murder all the forces I need on MY side of the field as well, though in a pinch I can definitely see it helping to get rid of stuff like what Trance posted in his pic at the first post...(Guessing that's a result of that Megabeast thing?)

So, besides possibly reworking my spell list, are my Followers an alright group for now?  I'll replace probably one of the Kris Flinas with Fullmoon what's-her-name if I manage to make or get her, but beyond that I'm actually pretty happy with this deck's follower list, for sure.

Thanks for the input though, Seventh!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2011, 03:43:40 AM »
Well, the one problem with just Shield Break is that not all huge battleships (Rites ones for instance) end up with super DEF to reverse as well, and even if you cast it you'll still have to wear their stamina down. It's a tricky strategy to deal with, that's why it's popular right now. :V Upon looking at Fatal Blow again, though... yeah, Forced Confinement is better. Magic Eye is a nice all-around debuff, so that's not a bad goal as well.

Nothing wrong with picking cards for the art, either. That's why I'm playing maids. :P

Anyway, you seem to have most of Darklore's good followers covered. The only missing one you might want to consider is Undertaker. Popular choice since if you cast it late-game, it'll buff itself every attack for as long as it lasts.

Jq1790

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2011, 03:56:53 AM »
Oh yeah, I've looked at Undertaker...Yeesh, that thing's pretty evil if you can summon it late in the game when the Graves are piled high...

If I get a hold of one, who would you suggest I nix for her, if I  wanted to trade her for a Follower of equal Size?

Seventh Holy Scripture

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2011, 04:42:34 AM »
Probably best to swap out those Pinot Noirs.  Generally, followers without skills just aren't as good as the ones with them. The 3 Def is nice, but since everyone's packing Shield Break to deal with Pintail, it wouldn't last long anyway- Luna Flina will serve you better as a damage soak if/when you get her.

Jq1790

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »
Probably best to swap out those Pinot Noirs.  Generally, followers without skills just aren't as good as the ones with them. The 3 Def is nice, but since everyone's packing Shield Break to deal with Pintail, it wouldn't last long anyway- Luna Flina will serve you better as a damage soak if/when you get her.
Kinda figured as much, since that seems to be the way.  Conundrum's not too bad for a Size 1 no-skill, though, especially if I have her in slot III and, say, that Size 4 person with +1 STA when she's targetted(I can never remember which one's Leona and which one's Seona...) out, then use a certain Spell granting extra ATK/STA based on the group's DEF...

Seventh Holy Scripture

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2011, 05:13:26 AM »
Yeah, there aren't many Size 1 followers with good skills anyway (I think Student Ldr. Layna is the only one with a skill besides 'gain +2 ATK the first time they attack', in fact) and DEF is actually useful for them because it can divert a Shield Break from one of your bigger followers. As well as helping them last longer than one hit.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2011, 09:31:19 AM »
Frontier Ruins' boss is horrible and annoying.  I wonder whether spamming size 1 and 2 followers with buffs are the best way to go for that one.

I wonder if Tower Visitor is viable considering your deck, Jq, especially if you keep the Pinot Noirs since a near global -2 Def, -2 STA is pretty nice.  Sort of situational, but it works pretty well.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 11:35:14 AM »
If you kill his followers fast enough the +3 ATK per turn won't last long enough to be useful.

My current lazy deck (will improve because I feel I'm too spread out and in any case I just got stomped by mono-Crux with Echo Light and Swimwear Luthica)

Original Luthica:
3x New Knight
2x Military Knight Sillit
3x Flag Knight Frett
1x Knight Aide Sarisen --> Could probably be replaced
2x Crux Knight Pintail
2x Crux Knight Terra
2x Knight Messenger
1x Echo Light
1x Seeker Lydia
1x Saint's Blessing
2x Close Encounter
1x Sentry's Testimony
2x Meadow Leisure
1x Shield Break --> Situational
1x Sense of Belonging -->  --> Situational, put in there for AI mostly
1x Proof of Miracles
1x Swap Spell --> Situational
1x Quick Service
1x Shrink --> Situational
1x Shoddy Magic --> Situational

General strategy for me is swarm with buffed units early, then use Quick Service/Sentry's Testimony to bring out an uber unit late. Debuffs are there to take care of snowballing enemies, but seeing as I have so few of them I'm wondering if it might be better to pack more so I don't have to wait for a lucky draw.

Mass Recall also wrecks my deck but fortunately I haven't been up against it yet.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:45:58 AM by MySTKing »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
  • The Main Character (Really!)
    • Blank
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »
Well I'm in as Gungnir so add me I guess.

...Where's my game?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 06:45:43 PM »
works good in firefox, not in internet explorer.

welp academy starter deck woot!  (it gets raped)

Don't lynch me.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 07:34:22 PM »
So seven, you seem like a darklore expert right?
What's your thoughts on this deck?

Character: Iri Flina(Currently Normal, Eventually Swimsuit)

Crescent Conundrum x2
Scardel Chardonnay x2
Scardel Seone Flina x2
Scardel Leone Flina x2
Moondancer Kata Flina x1
Scardel Merlot x1
Red Moon Aka Flina x1
Blue Moon Becky Flina x1
Scardel Carmenere x1
Scardel Sangiovese x1
Scardel Shiraz x2
Flina's Command x2
Blood Reversal x2
Vampiric Rites x1
Blood Target x1
Full Moon Power x3
Tower Visitor x1
Shoddy Magic x3

See, this deck's based around low-size critters to bring out fast to get the most out of Luna Flina's effect, as well as provide me with a good supply of cannon fodder for Rites or Blood Target.
And with Luna in play, Tower Visitor can downgrade the entire enemy board.

This is the third revision of this particular deck, the initial version had trouble with both Crux and Academy. Second Revision removed the Crux Weakness, but magnified the Academy Weakness.
Third, and the Current Revision, swapped the Weakness around so that Crux was my weakness. Hopefully by getting Swimwear Iri, I can fix that somewhat.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Seventh Holy Scripture

« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
So seven, you seem like a darklore expert right?
Heh, far from it. I joined the game in this latest beta and have been playing Academy with a little Vita mixed in. I've done plenty of reading, though (and fought a lot of Darklore, it seems to be the most popular faction.)

Your deck looks fairly solid. I would suggest adding more Aka Flinas to take down high-DEF Crux Followers, and packing a third Scardel Shiraz, since her ability synergizes quite well with your play strategy. To make room I'd swap out the Seones and Leones- the combo isn't very effective in my experience; it makes you reliant on luck of the draw to get both, and consumes a hefty 7 Size for a pair of followers that are decent but not gamechangers.

And personally, if I made Swimsuit Iri I'd want to put her in a specialized attrition deck with defensive followers and cards like Pacifism and Access Denied (it'd end up being mostly Crux, heh.) I suppose she's decent on her own at dealing with runaway Pintails or Quick Service beasts, though I'd prefer a faster method like Forced Confinement. Not sure any Darklore character would be clearly better for your deck, though Dress Iri is pretty powerful and size reductions can be nice (Cheerleader Iri all the way if I ever build a Darklore deck of my own... or I could be insane and try to make Lovestruck Iri work.) Give Swimsuit Iri a shot if you like her, she's not a bad choice- if nothing else she'll screw up things like Lineage Maintenance :V

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2011, 12:49:41 AM »
Well, crux/acad snowball is my one weakness with this deck, everything else is easy enough.
Come to think of it, I do have another Shiraz.
But getting more Akas takes more Shiraz, so it's a moot point.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2011, 01:25:17 AM »
Hmm, deck lists?

Character: Foreign Student Cinia (God, this took my so many cards)

Garden Maid x3
New Maid x3
Guard Maid x3
Private Maid x2
Aristocrat Girl x1
Senpai Maid x1
Flag Knight Frett x3
Accident x1
New Maid Training x3
Swap Spell x1
Curse x2
Shoddy Magic x1
Meadow Leisure x2
Shield Break x1
Lineage Maintenance x3

I'm gonna remove the Magic Stone Found for another Senpai Maid once I get the materials, but this deck is pretty good fast snowball Academy deck. The main problem is surviving the first turn, but once that's over I can pretty much run over people
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:33:52 AM by PX »

Seventh Holy Scripture

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2011, 01:50:29 AM »
Character: Foreign Student Cinia (God, this took my so many cards)
bros

My current deck is:

Gardening Maid x2
New Maid x2
Head Maid x1
Chief Maid x2
Mop Maid x3
Tailor Maid x2
Traumatized Hilde x1
Senpai Maid x1
Cook Club Katie x2
Student Ldr. Layna x1
Noble Sacrifice x1
Shoddy Magic x1
Curse x1
Magic Stone Found x2
Shield Break x2
Swap Spell x1
Restraint x1
Omnivore x2
Magic Summit Invite x1
Sacrifice x1

Not much of a consistent strategy except I've decided that debuffs and self buffs > buff spells, but I seem to win more often than not.

I think my next goal will be to swap out my ability-less maids for a Student Council army. Or maybe do that in Open Beta when I go pure Vita - I want to try relying solely on Curious Vernika as my anti-Pintail defense.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2011, 03:23:59 AM »
Heh, then we have conflicting views. My deck abuses buff spells to raise to godliness. Especially Lineage Maintenance. God, that's such a bro card.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »
My god what have I done.

I haven't had time to play recently, but now I do! So I'm gonna try and catch up to the rest of you folks since I'm a bit lacking in my card collection. That should change soon though. My deck at the moment isn't actually that different to the starters I think so I'm not going to bother posting it yet.

By the way to those who don't use it - use goddamn Shield Break it is fucking awesome.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:37:52 PM by TranceHime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jq1790

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »
My god what have I done.

I haven't had time to play recently, but now I do! So I'm gonna try and catch up to the rest of you folks since I'm a bit lacking in my card collection. That should change soon though. My deck at the moment isn't actually that different to the starters I think so I'm not going to bother posting it yet.

By the way to those who don't use it - use goddamn Shield Break it is fucking awesome.
Well, you're more than likely not lacking compared to me, cuz I at first kept feeding Iri my cards I wasn't using, haha.  Now I just keep em since I'm probably not going to change her.  When will we be able to trade, I wonder?  No offense to the game, but it'd be a pretty lame CCG without a trade function...That's part of the fun!

Seventh Holy Scripture

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »
Don't think there's going to be a trade function, though I've heard something about an auction house.

If there were trading we'd get people botting with multiple accounts to grind cards (honestly, I wouldn't blame them though, dungeons are boring as hell) and hacking accounts to ebay their rares, so it's probably a good thing on the whole.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2011, 01:11:43 AM »
FUCKING. BITCH. TOWER. RETARDED AS FUCK BOSS. FUCK THAT SHIT.

Jq1790

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »
FUCKING. BITCH. TOWER. RETARDED AS FUCK BOSS. FUCK THAT SHIT.
Which one are they/what do they do?  I"m probably not going too far in the dungeons just 'cause I don't feel like playing a card game where the AI can cheat, but would be good to know anyway.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2011, 02:31:06 AM »
Ugh, the boss.

The boss has 50 life, and it's ability says that if it has 9 or less life at the beginning of the turn, it gains +5 Life. So you basically have to deck it out to win. Next, it uses a hacked Darklore deck. It will throw out rare cards like no tomorrow, such as THREE Fatal Blows, Undertaker, Full Moon, and Witches.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
    • Blank
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2011, 02:39:12 AM »
Oh god, that just sounds so

I'm still stuck on the first beginner boss because it just has more life than me and a better effect (darklore here).

...Where's my game?

Jq1790

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2011, 03:26:46 AM »
Oh god, that just sounds so

I'm still stuck on the first beginner boss because it just has more life than me and a better effect (darklore here).
Get a bunch of stuff that can buff your characters.  That's how I do it.  You can look at my deck above for ideas, if you'd like.  I normally don't have much issue with her anymore.

Iri's effect, yeah, probably not too helpful against maids since they're often high Size, but they also can't usually show up in swarms, so if you've got followers that can get tto higher ATK quickly, yuo can knock them out in short order, or at least minimize problems.

Good luck!  Don't forget, if you win 10 times you get Nold's card, as well...not that that means much since at the end of this beta, collections get wiped, save for Blade Tutor Grace if you've got 100+ wins on your record.

Yog-N'yggoth

• HERE COMES DAREDEVIL
    • Blank
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2011, 04:23:29 AM »
I do like the combo with the two sisters that boost either ATK when well, attacking, or get one STA when defending, could give huge ATK to the more hardy sister, especially since with the size, you can get two of the ATK-buffers. That's not really adding in like Full Moon power or something.

...Where's my game?

Jq1790

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:36 AM »
I do like the combo with the two sisters that boost either ATK when well, attacking, or get one STA when defending, could give huge ATK to the more hardy sister, especially since with the size, you can get two of the ATK-buffers. That's not really adding in like Full Moon power or something.
Becky Flina can be nice too, buffing two people with +1/0/+1 at turn start, and moondancer does the reverse to two enemies, so she can help you wear down opponents as well as having decent survivability.

Yeah, Seona and Leona are a pretty good team, especially if you can lead off with Flina's Command so Seona gets more STA to survive the first attack or two before her ATK goes up to deadly levels, then Full Moon Power to get it even more insane.

Alternatively, if you've got 3 SIZE open, Blood Reversal can be surprisingly useful for how basic it is.

Good luck!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
Well, you're more than likely not lacking compared to me, cuz I at first kept feeding Iri my cards I wasn't using, haha.  Now I just keep em since I'm probably not going to change her.  When will we be able to trade, I wonder?  No offense to the game, but it'd be a pretty lame CCG without a trade function...That's part of the fun!

so, about ccgs without a trade function...

Lion dude's effect is kind of trivial if you manage to blitz it. Darklore is mostly about blitzing anyways. And not dying. So yeah.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
I'm gonna remove the Magic Stone Found for another Senpai Maid once I get the materials, but this deck is pretty good fast snowball Academy deck. The main problem is surviving the first turn, but once that's over I can pretty much run over people

Senpai Maid is Limited to one :)

I will beat your deck :P
MASS RECALL

My first deck that is more fun then the lineage small size deck:

Foreign Student Cinia

2x Gardening Maid
1x New Maid
2x Guard Maid
2x Mop Maid
1x Aristocrat Gril
1x Senpai Maid
2x Insomniac Nanasid
1x Traumatized Hilde
1x Private Maid
1x Relena

2x New Maid Training
2x Tighten Security
2x Curse
2x Magic Summit
2x Lineage
2x Shoddy Magic
2x Magic Stone Found
1x Sister's Letter
1x Mass Recall

yes this is pur academy!
Mixing your deck is lame
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:42:07 PM by Dorakyura »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »
Hey yog, remember that deck I posted? give that one a try, but with seven's suggested mods.
That should help you steamroll Nold.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2011, 12:15:42 AM »
Am I wasting enough stuff? :V