Author Topic: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread III  (Read 218515 times)

Re: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread III
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2012, 07:41:21 PM »
Eh nah i like my fruit basket start. Gets my moneys worth

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
Depends on character for me.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »
Sorry, my bad; best startup item handsdown for the heroes I play. And also versatile to the point of four mushroom level friendliness; it's really impossible to go wrong with fruit basket start.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »
You are SunnyMilk/LunaChild. You have bought a lunch basket. wat do.

« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2012, 09:55:27 PM »
make this thing called hjbug

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »
I would have figured that getting a +hp/mana heal item on the two heroes that don't use mana would be a no brainer. Jeez Dormio, what are you smoking?
Sugoiiii~

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #366 on: February 21, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
Jeez Dormio, what are you smoking?
everything.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #367 on: February 21, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
Sugoiiii~

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2012, 02:04:58 AM »
well almost every my main uses mana so yea fruit basket is best...
if your hero non-manadependant or so prob pistol/donation box as starting item works well
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:06:37 AM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

« Reply #369 on: February 22, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »
Lastest Experiment

Trio Sister Testing Thing

-Lyrica have max cap of her innate skill at 60% cooldown reduce and combine with three item [hakurei amulet, party basket, nuclear control rod] she will have cooldown reduce around 75%

-Merlin have infinity in max hp cap and here is a proof with the most cap my friend can does [2149 creep kills]

it's 0.980h replay http://www.mediafire.com/?mqj7p1p75bp6kn3

-Lunasa have infinity in skill dmg cap since i can make it until 132.3% and lazy to do it anymore

Suika Testing

2nd Skill

-When enemy have magic immunity ability [like Kogasa's 2nd skill or Reimu's ultimate] ,she will doesn't active this skill to enemy but still can deal dmg [if she hit the nearly one without magic immunity effect]

Countering Skill in MPP Form

-When Suika in MPP form get any physical skill dmg or get hit by melee unit she will counter it with her 2nd skill and some passive skill of item which active while attacking [except for Shinzanken, High-Tech Camera, Crooked Scarlet Sword and Inaba Medicinal Pestle which don't active]

Example: Suika get damage from suwako first skill at maximum level of skill in MPP form, she will active 2nd to suwako around 20 times in 2 seconds

Medicine Testing

-When Medicine get any physical skill dmg or get hit by melee unit she will counter it with her 1st skill and some passive skill of item which active while attacking [except for Shinzanken, High-Tech Camera, Crooked Scarlet Sword and Inaba Medicinal Pestle which don't active]

Example: Medicine carried a Grudge Bow get damage from suwako first skill at maximum level of skill, she will active Grudge Bow's ability to suwako around 20 times in 2 seconds

Little comment in current topic

"I buy a Lunar Hairpin for which girl i need fastest level as it can and have big effect on its level like Alice [Each Level have important skill for her doll] or Wriggle [Each leveling increase her skill damage]"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:33:57 PM by Antorory »

« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »
Thanks for the report on Medicine's bug. I've already fixed Suika's, but this is the first time I've received a report on Medicine's bug, though the two bugs occur because of the same principle - the underlying damage detection system is buggy and that bug is made really obvious when combined with dummy skills based off Spiked Carapace since that always reflects at least 1 damage, even if you set the damage reflection to 0%. I'm at work currently, so I've passed this report on in devchat. Hopefully someone else will fix this soon because 980i is due for release before the touhou.cc weekend tourney. The playtesting group that we've formed should have some effect in reducing the number of bugs in new versions, though the more we playtest, the more I think that the map needs a complete rewrite (not that I didn't think this before), especially for several buggy systems. But even that has its issues.... Sigh.

Btw, Merlin's HP gain technically isn't infinite because the dummy skills that add HP do have an upper limit, but you'd probably need to last hit for several hours before you hit that limit. Heh. But Lunasa's damage amplification truly has no upper limit....... yet.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:35:19 AM by ApharmdB »

« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2012, 04:09:26 AM »
Expendition Report [some is very old but some is new]

-Tenshi 2nd Skill ESC have its maximum cap but it seem the real max cap of that skill [or may be don't have] didn't same as the text have [check it around 0.980 ver]

-Since they already remove hp gain from Tenshi 3rd skill, it also make scarlet mist weather to not gain 5 hp when she get hitted too and it make the scarlet mist don't have any special effect on Tenshi [check it around 0.980 ver]

-hex can use on dragon star even it have a greeen text message on hex's item [report from friend still not check it myself]

-reisen II skill's aspd didn't apply to -as when you checking it [already check it]

-Hatate aspd boots skill just increase 148% aspd at all level not 300% [already check it]

-Youmu still can't cut any building armor [already check it]

-Kanako cyclone still unactived [already check it]

-Parsee when keeping an illusion rune will have the effect while gain an illusion like active her innate skill and the illusion from rune can explode to deal dmg same as innate's illusion [still don't check in h version]

-Udongein and Straw Hat have a strange bug which will make the one who use a skill miss attack by herself under special circumstance
 [still don't check in h version]

-in changelog they mismatch base mp regen on two hero in previous version [nazrin, hatate] , did the current one of these two girls is now syn with changelog? [Nazrin according to changelog must have Base MP Regen around 1.34 while Hatate must have around 0.2]

Note: Okey time to go out for a breakfast, I will wait for a reply about last line of this report
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:30:04 AM by Antorory »

« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2012, 04:23:11 AM »
I think aph said they are removing weather soon so wouldnt be surprised if no changes to tenshi

« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »
I think aph said they are removing weather soon so wouldnt be surprised if no changes to tenshi

didn't the weather is the selling point of the dots it self?  :o

what these the merit they have to removing that lovely weather!  :ohdear:

« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2012, 04:42:36 AM »
Still at work, so I'll pass these along. Some bugs can't be fixed so soon (e.g. Kanako's Cyclone) because it's either an underlying system bug or the skill is planned for a remake anyway. The bugs resulting from the damage system are being fixed instead of rewriting the system itself because they're more urgent. Reisen's bug is due to the buff system I'm sure, but I need to verify it later. She had a similar bug a long time ago where the debuff from her F skill would be transferred to her if she stood right next to her target, though I fixed it back then. Not sure if the same bug is back :|

I think the weather isn't going to be removed after all. It was removed for one version, then I was asked to add it back :| There's one weather that's supposed to increase Tenshi's fissure damage. Except the weather grants physical immunity to all units... :| I'll probably do something about the weather lag once I get the time to. It's currently creating a tonne of particle effects for no good reason.

Btw Hatate's aspd boost skill only gives her the full 300% boost for like 1 to 1.5s. It tapers off exponentially, so if you're using -as about 2 to 3s after activating it, it might not show much of a boost...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:45:54 AM by ApharmdB »

« Reply #375 on: February 23, 2012, 06:22:26 AM »
Still at work, so I'll pass these along. Some bugs can't be fixed so soon (e.g. Kanako's Cyclone) because it's either an underlying system bug or the skill is planned for a remake anyway. The bugs resulting from the damage system are being fixed instead of rewriting the system itself because they're more urgent. Reisen's bug is due to the buff system I'm sure, but I need to verify it later. She had a similar bug a long time ago where the debuff from her F skill would be transferred to her if she stood right next to her target, though I fixed it back then. Not sure if the same bug is back :|

I think the weather isn't going to be removed after all. It was removed for one version, then I was asked to add it back :| There's one weather that's supposed to increase Tenshi's fissure damage. Except the weather grants physical immunity to all units... :| I'll probably do something about the weather lag once I get the time to. It's currently creating a tonne of particle effects for no good reason.

Btw Hatate's aspd boost skill only gives her the full 300% boost for like 1 to 1.5s. It tapers off exponentially, so if you're using -as about 2 to 3s after activating it, it might not show much of a boost...

about Hatate's bug I darely say that i can use my life to committed it that it's "really" 148% according to the -as since in the previous version i already know it descrease rapidly around 37% every the same sc every sc

but now since it's change to current version it just increase 148% aspd at first and lower by 37% every 1.0/1.2/1.4/1.6 sc until back to the normal aspd

[plz belief me or at least test it with /test for just a 1 minute and that will proof my word]

« Reply #376 on: February 23, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
Just pointing out another possibility, that's all really. I'll have to test it out myself to find out what might have changed or gone wrong with the code after I get back from work anyway.

Edit: Tested it. Looked in the code. It's only a display bug. Fixed.

Edit2: Clarified this with UT. Youmu's not supposed to be able to reduce the armour of structures. Only the bonus physical damage from her 2nd skill is effective against structures, not the armour reduction effect.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:27:52 PM by ApharmdB »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #377 on: February 23, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »
I should applaud our own DotS community for the success of the second promo video. It has achieved over 19.000 views and 300+ comments on bilibili.tv. And this only in like aprox a week! The video is less speedy on Youtube (though the first one had over 10.000 views there!)

So definitely worth the applause for this and thanking all again for helping out. Well done.

However, all of you remain noobs and I'll kick your asses any time any where in DotS >=3
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:10:30 PM by Helepolis »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #378 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »
Dropping by to update everyone about Saturday's(25th) DotS Showcase thing. I have gotten everything ready, just that...

-The 8am slot has been pushed back to 9am, because of some issues.

-I have internet! But sadly, it has to be phone!internet or school!internet. Which means I need to test it out tomorrow with one person who could be free. If it's relatively smooth, this thing can go on. If not... :|

-Unable to use second laptop, which means no Livestream. I'll just hook my own to the projector and it's bigass screen. No need for commentators ze~n.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #379 on: February 23, 2012, 10:23:18 PM »
But helepolis you were made to rage over having your ass kicked and blaming it on the team who jungle and rambo alone against the whole enemy team the entire game.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #380 on: February 24, 2012, 08:18:50 AM »
But helepolis you were made to rage over having your ass kicked and blaming it on the team who jungle and rambo alone against the whole enemy team the entire game.
Not Rambo, more like suicide. Rambo at least takes a kill or two, like Dormio always used to do in old days. What I've seen lately in our games is pure suicide.

Quote from: ApharmdB patchnotes
Remilia's Divine Spear 'Spear the Gungnir' cast range increased from 1800 to 2500
Sniper Ojousama.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #381 on: February 24, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »
Rambo at least takes a kill or two, like Dormio always used to do in old days.
Or the entire enemy team just for me. :)

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #382 on: February 24, 2012, 03:26:11 PM »
>DONT DO IT DORMIO, DONT DO IT.
>Dormio/Mokou dives through three towers solo.
>Dormio/Mokou gets three kills.
>Dormio/Mokou lives.
Sugoiiii~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #383 on: February 24, 2012, 05:50:27 PM »
Quote from: Rambo Guide
Make sure your name is Hero999

But his name is Dormio ???

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #384 on: February 24, 2012, 08:38:30 PM »
Actually he got more Rambo kills as Iku. But lately he has been ignoring poor Iku-san.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #385 on: February 25, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »
Who isn't?
Sugoiiii~

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #386 on: February 25, 2012, 02:41:07 AM »
>First time we play dots in months
>mfw DAT GAME.
Sugoiiii~

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #387 on: February 25, 2012, 03:51:18 AM »
>First time we play dots in months
>mfw DAT GAME.

MEDIGAY

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #388 on: February 25, 2012, 07:49:30 AM »
I would like to thank everyone that participated in the livestream session thing earlier. Turnout was better then expected and we had more viewers then the opposing XBoxes for the DotS match, which Reimu posted the replay of. Also the rest of our matches were DotA and we managed to get 4 5v5s iirc. Maybe more. Thanks to the guys(Like Trance/Flan) that stepped in when Infinity had enough fun for the day and stuff.

Special thanks to Amra, Conq, PX, ACTIONDAN and Thanuris.

For making the croud laugh with their IRC talk and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:51:49 AM by Nanaya Kikasu »

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #389 on: February 25, 2012, 12:39:40 PM »
god that last dots game....gives a whole new meaning for imbaslow to the next level
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~