Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77937 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #540 on: July 28, 2009, 04:08:51 AM »
>note whether Ran is actually wearing her hat
>"I'll pass on
Spoiler:
be
dinner, actually. But, I don't suppose you could tell us anything about Tellurium?"

>Ran is indeed wearing her hat, But the motion in noticeable regardless.
>"I've never heard of it, I'm afraid," says Ran with a shake of her head.
>You hear a voice inside the house. Ran pulls her head back in, and you can just barely hear her say, "It's just some travelers, Yukari-sama. No, they aren't selling anything I don't believe."

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #541 on: July 28, 2009, 04:17:22 AM »
>actually, we do have some fresh KFC if you really want some

>move on before Yukari demands her hat back
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2009, 04:19:14 AM »
>actually, we do have some fresh KFC if you really want some

>move on before Yukari demands her hat back

>You start to move on, but Flandre speaks up. "This one will be staying for dinner. It seems as good of a time as any to seek more about the Riddles."

>_

Herasy

« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2009, 05:38:03 AM »
Of all the times for Flan to voice up about something, it had to be now.

>Conceal hat, say "I suppose we could stay for a little while" to Ran

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #544 on: July 28, 2009, 05:45:41 AM »
>Conceal hat, say "I suppose we could stay for a little while" to Ran

>"It is not necessary for you to stay with this one," says Flandre. "Much time will be spent on discussing the Riddles, this one fears you may not find it interesting. As well, this one can contemplate more easily with few people to speak. But, this one will not chase you away, either."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #545 on: July 28, 2009, 07:05:36 AM »
> Hug everyone

Herasy

« Reply #546 on: July 28, 2009, 08:43:15 AM »
But I don't wanna lose Flan....

>Insist on joining for dinner, the party is probably tired of walking around all day anyway.

>Hug Flan again for extra sunburn, I'll be damned if we don't get a tan before this adventure is over.

« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2009, 09:50:25 AM »
>Conceal hat-amalgam in pants, make sure not to poke your jewels with the attached star.
>If anyone asks, say you are introducing the jungle worm to civilization.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2009, 01:05:53 PM »
> Hug everyone

>It's been awhile. You administer hugs to your whole party. They're rather used to it by this point, Mystia doesn't even stiffen up this time; apparently she trusts you to keep your word. Poor, poor Mystia. "What a lovely group!" says Ran as she pokes her head out the window.

>Insist on joining for dinner, the party is probably tired of walking around all day anyway.

>Hug Flan again for extra sunburn, I'll be damned if we don't get a tan before this adventure is over.

>Ran nods, "I'll just set some more rice on, and see about scrounging a few more tables."
>You hug Flandre again, because sometimes it hurts in a good way.

>Conceal hat-amalgam in pants, make sure not to poke your jewels with the attached star.
>If anyone asks, say you are introducing the jungle worm to civilization.

>Unfortunately, as you end your embrace with Flandre, she says, "This one will need my payment now. The star is not necessary, of course."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
> Point out the impurity of Flan's words where she used a direct personal pronoun.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #550 on: July 28, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
> "Isn't to demand payment, no matter for what ends, a show of personal desire, a sign of impurity, something you have worked so hard to avoid? But no matter, I am a man of my word. However, I would like to offer to handle the negotiations in your place as I too would like to visit Hakugyokorou and meet the venerable Yuyuko at least once...without dying. Besides, it'd be best if one as pure as yourself does not dirty one's hands over the impurities of worldly negotiations."

(OOC: I have a bad feeling we cannot trust Mystia...or Kaguya for that matter, especially after what Yuugi said. I wouldn't dare have our character go to sleep with them around...)

> "...Actually, quick question, what's for dinner?" Cause if it's us, maybe it'd be best for us to somehow excuse ourselves...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
> Point out the impurity of Flan's words where she used a direct personal pronoun.

>"This one does not believe that you understand the methods to this one's speech," says Flandre, with a small smile.

> "Isn't to demand payment, no matter for what ends, a show of personal desire, a sign of impurity, something you have worked so hard to avoid? But no matter, I am a man of my word. However, I would like to offer to handle the negotiations in your place as I too would like to visit Hakugyokorou and meet the venerable Yuyuko at least once...without dying. Besides, it'd be best if one as pure as yourself does not dirty one's hands over the impurities of worldly negotiations."

> "...Actually, quick question, what's for dinner?" Cause if it's us, maybe it'd be best for us to somehow excuse ourselves...

>"It is acceptable in the pursuit of the Riddles," Flandre says. "It is this one's desire to follow that pursuit without assistance until such is needed. Furthermore, this one believes it should not be necessary to visit Hakugoykorou, but rather to bring its princess here. This involves less a chance of death."
>"You..." Ran shakes her head. "Well, I expect I'll be putting a lot more rice on, since we'll have even more guests. And that's what's for dinner, I'm afraid. It's all we have."
>"I wanna have fish, Ran-sama!" Chen exclaims.
>There is a pause, as Ran selects her words carefully. "I'm afraid the answer is the same as yesterday, dear. It'll be some time before we have anything like that." Then she goes back inside.
>Chen frowns, as Ran opens the front door. "Nuts!"

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »
>Remember to start quest for fish later.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #553 on: July 28, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »
>Wonder aloud if Iku would make good eatings.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #554 on: July 28, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »
> Ikuuu~ IIIKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #555 on: July 28, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »
>whisper a compliment to Flan's cleverness at asking for Yukari's hat to bribe a visit from Yuyuko
>move beloved Star of Growth to your new hat
>wear hat
>pay Flandre

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #556 on: July 28, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »
> Edit E-Nazrin/Rika's profile.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #557 on: July 28, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »
>terminate communist infiltrator

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #558 on: July 28, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »
I can already see the bad-end coming up. We ARE dinner. We must leave. Now.

> "I see. Well, despite you being so very 'humanitarian' with your generous offer of dinner, I'm afraid I'm feeling 'vegetarian' today. That said, I need to see a kappa about some cucumbers. So thank you. My regards to your mistress. Flandre, I wish you good luck with your quest. Perhaps our personal search for our own answers shall have us cross paths once more...until then, fare thee well!"

> RUN AWAY, as quickly as politely possible. Watch your back and keep your broomstick at the ready. If they make any threatening moves, RUN LIKE THE WIND and defend yourself.

(OOC: If the Text parser believes there would be more lulz in staying for 'dinner', then let's do that)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2009, 09:05:03 PM »
>whisper a compliment to Flan's cleverness at asking for Yukari's hat to bribe a visit from Yuyuko
>move beloved Star of Growth to your new hat
>wear hat
>pay Flandre

>You complement then compensate Flandre, and add the star to your hat. It feels a little out of place, but no matter.

>Remember to start quest for fish later.

>You make a note to get some fish.

>Wonder aloud if Iku would make good eatings.

>"That's gross," says Chen, "She's from the seventies!"

> Edit E-Nazrin/Rika's profile.
>terminate communist infiltrator

>Done and done.

I can already see the bad-end coming up. We ARE dinner. We must leave. Now.

> "I see. Well, despite you being so very 'humanitarian' with your generous offer of dinner, I'm afraid I'm feeling 'vegetarian' today. That said, I need to see a kappa about some cucumbers. So thank you. My regards to your mistress. Flandre, I wish you good luck with your quest. Perhaps our personal search for our own answers shall have us cross paths once more...until then, fare thee well!"

> RUN AWAY, as quickly as politely possible. Watch your back and keep your broomstick at the ready. If they make any threatening moves, RUN LIKE THE WIND and defend yourself.

(OOC: If the Text parser believes there would be more lulz in staying for 'dinner', then let's do that)

>"But-" Ran says. You think there may be more, but by poing you have run out of earshot. You keep running west, and are pleased to find there are no signs of pursuit.
>Looking about, you find yourself in a light woods with the road leading westward toward Youkai Mountain. Off to the side a little bit, you notice that Shizuha is hanging by her legs from a low tree branch and is having tea with Lily White; who is more properly positioned on the ground. Neither of them seem to have noticed you yet.
>"W-what was that all about?!" Mystia asks, as she tries to catch her breath.
>"I wonder," says Kaguya "will the Yakumo family think that we just abandoned Flandre with them?" She chuckles.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #560 on: July 29, 2009, 05:21:26 AM »
> "Sorry we had to not-eat and run...but I'm a firm believer in fast food...I believe all food should be fast. In that case, we were definitely being very, very fast. While the princess is immortal, you, Rumia and I aren't. While I'm not sure they indulge in fellow youkai, I didn't feel like giving them a free meal. Besides, despite being immortal, the princess still does feel pain, do you not?"

> "As for Flandre, she can take care of herself, I'm sure. The Yakumos know better than to mistreat a vampire, lest they want to try their luck at being target practice for Remilia's javelin throwing. We can drop by later in the hopes that Yukari is up...she's known to be a bit more reasonable than Ran..."

> Greet Lily. Do a hand stand and then greet Shizuha upside down. Make small talk and then ask for any recent rumours/happenings. Ask if they've seen Nitori lately.

(Let's see if we can get replacements for Flan and Remi...)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #561 on: July 29, 2009, 05:31:50 AM »
> "Sorry we had to not-eat and run...but I'm a firm believer in fast food...I believe all food should be fast. In that case, we were definitely being very, very fast. While the princess is immortal, you, Rumia and I aren't. While I'm not sure they indulge in fellow youkai, I didn't feel like giving them a free meal. Besides, despite being immortal, the princess still does feel pain, do you not?"

> "As for Flandre, she can take care of herself, I'm sure. The Yakumos know better than to mistreat a vampire, lest they want to try their luck at being target practice for Remilia's javelin throwing. We can drop by later in the hopes that Yukari is up...she's known to be a bit more reasonable than Ran..."

> Greet Lily. Do a hand stand and then greet Shizuha upside down. Make small talk and then ask for any recent rumours/happenings. Ask if they've seen Nitori lately.

(Let's see if we can get replacements for Flan and Remi...)

>"You really think they were going to do that?" asks Mystia. "The Yakumos are pretty nice, on the whole, I think. But, I guess I'm just a night sparrow, maybe they weren't interested in me?"
>"It is not Flandre I am concerned about so much as our reputations, so to speak." says Kaguya. "The younger Lady Scarlet does have a reputation, even if she does seem to have taken a more beneficially philosophical approach to life. One wonders how it reflects upon us that we just left her there and ran. Rather akin to leaving a fire on the roof, I am inclined to believe."
>You greet Lily White. "Oh, hello there!" she says, "Isn't it a lovely day?"
>You do a quick handstand, and say hello to Shizuha. All your stuff falls out of your pockets in the process. "Good afternoon, mortals!" she says with a friendly wave.
>As you pick up your dropped items, you ask about Nitori. "Oh yes," says Shizuha, "She ran past here some time ago, naked as a jaybird and quiet humiliated. I would have offered her some leaves to cover up with, but she was too mortified to stop."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2009, 06:37:24 AM »
> Where can we get some of that sweet potato?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #563 on: July 29, 2009, 07:10:01 AM »
Yeah, seriously, if Rumia and Remilia didn't try to eat us I don't see why we have to assume Ran and Yukari would.

And basically telling them that was... yeah. IRREGARDLESS.

>specifically, the ones on your chest

>check season

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #564 on: July 29, 2009, 07:46:15 AM »
Just an assumption based on Ran's choice of words. Remember that:
A) They only had rice.
B) When we asked what's for dinner, she began her reply with 'you...' before shaking her head and saying something else.
C) She chose her words carefully when replying to Chen's request for fish.
D) We are human in this game.

If you think there is merit in returning, then by all means do so.

> Reply to Mystia: "Perhaps. But I'm human after all. I suppose next time I decide to visit I should bring proper tribute of some sort....say some fish, a meat loaf or a leg of meat...preferably from something or someone who won't miss it too much..."

> Reply to Kaguya's words with "Well, firstly, Flandre did say she would rather be alone with the yakumos. Secondly, what reputation?" Point at yourself and raise an eyebrow.

> "Nice to see that spring and autumn get along so nicely. You two are the legendary spirits of the seasons, I presume? It is truly an honour to see you in the flesh...or spirit...or, well, you get the idea. What's the word around here?"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #565 on: July 29, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »
> Mind-the-Grue wants to see hot LilyxShizuha action

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #566 on: July 29, 2009, 10:43:06 AM »
>many do, but know better than to expect it.

>gain schizophrenia

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #567 on: July 29, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

I would not object to that, no.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #568 on: July 29, 2009, 02:11:32 PM »
> Where can we get some of that sweet potato?

>"Oh, Minoriko's off taking care of that right now." says Shizuha. "It's coming close to her time to shine, after all!"

>check season

>Judging from the greenery and the warm, you are pretty sure it's well into summer.

> Reply to Mystia: "Perhaps. But I'm human after all. I suppose next time I decide to visit I should bring proper tribute of some sort....say some fish, a meat loaf or a leg of meat...preferably from something or someone who won't miss it too much..."

> Reply to Kaguya's words with "Well, firstly, Flandre did say she would rather be alone with the yakumos. Secondly, what reputation?" Point at yourself and raise an eyebrow.

> "Nice to see that spring and autumn get along so nicely. You two are the legendary spirits of the seasons, I presume? It is truly an honour to see you in the flesh...or spirit...or, well, you get the idea. What's the word around here?"

>Mystia nods, but it's pretty clear by her face that she doesn't consider it much of an explanation. "I suppose it would be nice to bring a gift, in case you were wrong and offended them. I still have some leftover eel and lamprey, but it's gone cold now."
>"It is true that Flandre wanted to stay." says Kaguya, "But consider that if you didn't know what you do now about her, and rather what most people thought they knew, circumstances do take on a different light. But I suppose it isn't important."
>Returning your attention to Lily and Shizuha, you get a polite chuckle from the latter as she sips at her tea without having any apparent problems being upside down. "You're too kind," says Lily. 
>"Oh, I disagree strongly," says Shizuha, "They're quite kind enough."
>"And the word?" asks Lilly, "Thun-"
>"Oh hush with that." Shizuha strokes her chin. "What's new? Hmmm. Well, you know they don't tell me anything this time of year. But~ I know Nitori has a project or two going on. Something about an ultimate death weapon and something over at Scarlet Devil Manor. Whether those are related, well Nitori is the most secretive girl, and she hardly pays me any mind this time of year. And, well, something funny has been happening at Moriya, but I couldn't tell you what."
>"Let's not forget they finally arrested Aya." adds Lily.

>many do, but know better than to expect it.

>gain schizophrenia

>I don't think there is anyone who would oppose this.
>Are you implying that you didn't already have it?

>_
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 02:14:07 PM by Purjew »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2009, 12:17:55 AM »
> "Arrested Aya? Who and what army? We have police in Gensokyo? And, more importantly....how many panty shots did it take until people finally realized she's a menace?"

> Make a note to visit the Moriya shrine on your way up the mountain. Remember what Reimu mentioned about Sanae's armpits....

> "Death ray? That's amaz- t-terrible...how could she...oh, wait, that's what she does on a daily basis. Isn't anyone concerned?"

> "Oh, one more thing, do you by any chance know where to acquire food fit for youkai that doesn't in any way contain humans? Something like fish, perhaps. We came across some poor youkai who have nothing to eat so...oh, and secondly, ever heard of tellurium?"