Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 78053 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #720 on: August 05, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »
Want ads are difficult to put out when you're dead, and not especially productive when your spirit doesn't have a place or funds to maintain a maid.

>briefly ponder results of coin-trade incident to get a reminder link
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #721 on: August 05, 2009, 08:03:56 PM »
>Put out a want ad for an atomic robot maid.
>Also, put out a want ad for a sword-throwing demon maid.
>Finally, put out a want ad for... A, um, dream dwelling demon maid?  Whatever Mugetu was.

Let us begin Operation: Maid Harem!

>You start to make some plans!

> Do that later. Or never. We have more important things to do.

>Yeah. Not ending up like Franz Ferdinand is probably a good thing.

> Roll for anal circumference.

>War Crime.

Want ads are difficult to put out when you're dead, and not especially productive when your spirit doesn't have a place or funds to maintain a maid.

>briefly ponder results of coin-trade incident to get a reminder link

>Okay.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #722 on: August 06, 2009, 04:24:56 AM »
Why stop at maids?! Go for all of Gensokyo!

> "Well, if I remember correctly, it was the penny for the deed, with the added condition that Parsee and Yuugi can continue using the premises and that I assist them with their plan, provided it was not for nefarious ends."

> "By the way, Remilia, I'll be holding onto the deed for a while for you. Not that I don't trust you, but I think it's important that it is kept safe for Sakuya, Patchy, and Flandre's sake. Besides, it's only a matter of symbolism."

> "No, no, not play messenger. I want you two to come along with me. We don't know what new powers Parsee has so caution is advisable. Let's go make sure Patchy's safe first and foremost."

> Whether or not they come, pick up Nitori and go to Eirin's.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #723 on: August 06, 2009, 04:48:50 AM »
> "Well, if I remember correctly, it was the penny for the deed, with the added condition that Parsee and Yuugi can continue using the premises and that I assist them with their plan, provided it was not for nefarious ends."

> "By the way, Remilia, I'll be holding onto the deed for a while for you. Not that I don't trust you, but I think it's important that it is kept safe for Sakuya, Patchy, and Flandre's sake. Besides, it's only a matter of symbolism."

> "No, no, not play messenger. I want you two to come along with me. We don't know what new powers Parsee has so caution is advisable. Let's go make sure Patchy's safe first and foremost."

> Whether or not they come, pick up Nitori and go to Eirin's.

>"Just the deed? So, not say any of the contracts or the money?" asks Remilia. She sighs. "Well, at least I won't have to borrow Letty's box anymore. But without those contracts..."
>"I...serve the Mistress of the House," says Sakuya unsteadily "Or Master, as it were."
>"Well, you're the one that'll have to deal with it if Parsee calls you out." says Remilia with a shrug. "But if you wanna come, do it. Last thing I need is for you to spend another half hour weeping like a widow on my shoulder."
>Sakuya slumps. "Please do not say such things, Mi-Lady Scarlet."
>You make your way back to the Library and snag Nitori. She, being a bit more solidly built than Patchouli, is too heavy to carry. But she is content to throw an arm around your shoulder and stumbling along. She gives Remilia something of a cross glance, which the vampire answers with a smirk.
>With that done, you make your way back to Eientei and back to Eirin's office. Along the way, you note a few ripples in the lake surface, but the Disturbing Rock doesn't seem to be able to make its way out yet.
>Arriving at Eirin's office, you see her and Koakuma administering some kind of treatment to Patchouli. She looks up at you and nods. "I should start trying to fit a formula to your arrival times, perhaps I can predict the next one? Hmmm, let me guess, Nitori electrocuted herself once too often?"

>_
>"I have plans

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #724 on: August 06, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »
> I assume Remilia came along for the ride. "Tch...it slipped my mind that there was more to this than just the mansion. I'll think of a way to get the rest of your stuff. Maybe if we defeat her...or if the hobo penny exacts its price on her....we'll be able to reopen negotiations. I did promise to get everything back and I will. That is my ninja path!"

> "Sakuya-san, if it makes you feel more comfortable, feel free to call Remilia 'Mistress'. She still is, after all."

> @ Eirin "Formula for my arrival times? Sure. Next time I arrive it'll be when you start seeing explosions mushroom up in the sky. Regarding Nitori, sort of. Some rather unfortunate things happened, let's leave it at that. Can you please examine Nitori? Consider it another favour that I will return."

> "I have a source of tellurium for you but it'll take a while. I'll get it as soon as we resolve the current crisis. In the meantime, is Patchy fit enough to speak? It's an emergency."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #725 on: August 06, 2009, 08:47:22 AM »
> I assume Remilia came along for the ride. "Tch...it slipped my mind that there was more to this than just the mansion. I'll think of a way to get the rest of your stuff. Maybe if we defeat her...or if the hobo penny exacts its price on her....we'll be able to reopen negotiations. I did promise to get everything back and I will. That is my ninja path!"

> "Sakuya-san, if it makes you feel more comfortable, feel free to call Remilia 'Mistress'. She still is, after all."

> @ Eirin "Formula for my arrival times? Sure. Next time I arrive it'll be when you start seeing explosions mushroom up in the sky. Regarding Nitori, sort of. Some rather unfortunate things happened, let's leave it at that. Can you please examine Nitori? Consider it another favour that I will return."

> "I have a source of tellurium for you but it'll take a while. I'll get it as soon as we resolve the current crisis. In the meantime, is Patchy fit enough to speak? It's an emergency."

>Remilia and Sakuya are following you for the time being. Remilia just chuckles. "Oldest trick in the book, that. It gets everybody once."
>"I'll just avoid the whole mess, if it is all the same to you," says Sakuya.
>Nitori shuffles toward the examination table. "They poisoned me. Feel like I'm gonna heave my guts out..."
>"She won't be happy," sasy Eirin. "but you can wake her. I wouldn't suggest making her do much, she is rather brutally exhausted. And it's good to hear you located some Tellurium. I'll be expecting it in the not too distant future, I hope?
>Remilia walks over to Patchouli, and prods her in the side. "Hey, wake up, time to earn that room and board you've mooched off me for the past few dozen decades." Koakuma looks rather horrified, but clear doesn't want to speak up at Remilia.
>Patchouli groans and opens her eyes a little, "What? Where am I?" she mutters. She looks around blearily, then notices you. "...Oh. Now I remember," says says, slurring most of the words together.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #726 on: August 06, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »
> @ Eirin while helping Nitori onto the examination table "If it helps, we shoved some ibuprofen, aspirin, and heal-brand potion down her throat at the same time. And no, it was not out of malice. She was trying to turn us into bolognaise sauce with extra guro. And about your Tellurium, yes, soon. We already have the compound. We just need to purify the tellurium. Nitori here will help us do it, right, Nitori?"

> "Patchouli, sorry for bothering your rest, but this is urgent. We need to know what Parsee has done with that machine and my penny. She said something about getting even. We're worried that you or the others involved in the subteranean spirits invasion team will be her first targets."

Herasy

« Reply #727 on: August 06, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »
>Gespenst Kick SUPER INAZUMA KICK!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:48:48 PM by Theorin Satsuki »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #728 on: August 06, 2009, 04:10:50 PM »
>Gespenst Kick SUPER DOUBLE INAZUMA KICK!
Yeah, I need IM powers soon. Oh well, this fix'll do for now,

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #729 on: August 06, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »
> 1...2...3... Rider Kick
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #730 on: August 06, 2009, 04:48:11 PM »
> @ Eirin while helping Nitori onto the examination table "If it helps, we shoved some ibuprofen, aspirin, and heal-brand potion down her throat at the same time. And no, it was not out of malice. She was trying to turn us into bolognaise sauce with extra guro. And about your Tellurium, yes, soon. We already have the compound. We just need to purify the tellurium. Nitori here will help us do it, right, Nitori?"

> "Patchouli, sorry for bothering your rest, but this is urgent. We need to know what Parsee has done with that machine and my penny. She said something about getting even. We're worried that you or the others involved in the subteranean spirits invasion team will be her first targets."
Bandwagon, since I can't be arsed to find out what's going on =/
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #731 on: August 06, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

>"That still sounds rather malicious, don't you think?" says Eirin. "Well, I think I can do something about that." The makes her way toward an old wooden chest, and withdraws a few herbs from it.
>"Ah," says Patchouli. "Well, I have nothing to worry about, she explicitly forgave me for helping her. I don't know all the details, but that coin was a connected to a wretched being of great power, the sort that I would normally never sully myself. So I can't give you all the details about it. But if it worked, and my spells always work, then she has successfully siphoned off his power for herself. Consider tha-" Patchouli keeps talking for a moment, but her words slur together into an incomprehensible mumble that quickly becomes a light snore.
>"Oh for fuck's sake," Remilia says, as she moves to pinch Patchouli's nose shut.
>"Lady Scarlet," says Koakuma, "I can be of assistance. What she said was that she didn't bother to delve into the actual nature of that being or what he can do. The whole matter was beneath her; she simply wanted to complete her task and put it all behind her. But, she pointed out that it was Parsee who came to her with the idea, so she had to have learned about it from where. I may humbly add, that does suggest that Parsee had some knowledge of the Hobo Queen of Gensokyo."

>Gespenst Kick SUPER INAZUMA KICK!

>"Please don't kick the beds," says Eirin.

> 1...2...3... Rider Kick

> Eirin frowns at you. "If you kick the beds again, I may have to take back that kidney."

>_
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:01:35 PM by Purjew »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #732 on: August 06, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
>"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go strangle that jealous bitch."
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2009, 05:43:27 PM »
>"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go strangle that jealous bitch."

> Remilia nods and grins. "That's what I said! Hell, I'll do it for you, not like I need any help to make hamburger out of Parsee and her pet oni." Sakuya nods in agreement.
>"While there is in a hasty plan that is enacted with blinding speed," says Kaguya, "I feel it may be akin to jumping off a cliff to get to the bottom quickly. Koakuma has mentioned a Hobo Queen, whom Parsee learned about this from? That seems to be the next step."
>"Uh, warning people would be good, too, I think..." Mystia says, clearly a little afraid to speak up against Remilia.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #734 on: August 06, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
> "Mystia and Kaguya are right. We don't know our enemy's capabilities. While I do not doubt that Remi can shove Parsee back under her miserable bridge for good, we don't know what the hobo queen could do. Let's go warn Marisa and Reimu first then. They would be the primary targets. Yukari and Suika can probably take care of themselves. Eirin, can I entrust Patchouli and Nitori's safety to you, please? In case Parsee changes her mind. Consider it another favour, so I'll owe you...err...four. Aya's in prison...I doubt Parsee can break through all the Tengu guards all that easily, especially with Momiji guarding. Alice....well...tch, we have to tell Alice too, won't we? Even if she did try to kill me..."

> Set out for Marisa or Reimu's place, whichever's closest.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #735 on: August 06, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »
> "Mystia and Kaguya are right. We don't know our enemy's capabilities. While I do not doubt that Remi can shove Parsee back under her miserable bridge for good, we don't know what the hobo queen could do. Let's go warn Marisa and Reimu first then. They would be the primary targets. Yukari and Suika can probably take care of themselves. Eirin, can I entrust Patchouli and Nitori's safety to you, please? In case Parsee changes her mind. Consider it another favour, so I'll owe you...err...four. Aya's in prison...I doubt Parsee can break through all the Tengu guards all that easily, especially with Momiji guarding. Alice....well...tch, we have to tell Alice too, won't we? Even if she did try to kill me..."

> Set out for Marisa or Reimu's place, whichever's closest.

>"I'll do what I can," says Eirin. "And Nitori, you can leave when you feel ready."
>"Uh, about those guards," says Nitori. "I guess you didn't notice, but there's something up with the mountain. People back home are mostly staying inside and waiting for it to pass. I guess it'd be like that with the tengu, too, since they're closer to the top. So I'll head back once I feel up to it and make sure they know."
>You leave Eientei. "So," says Mystia, "Uh, who is this hobo queen? I didn't know we had one..."
>As you recall, Marisa's house is in the forest, so you go there first. You find it much as you left it the last time. It is a simple, L-shaped cottage. The front yard seems to be littered with various bits of exercise equipment, such as barbells by one of the trees and a rowing machine close to the door. Obvious exits are east and west and north.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #736 on: August 06, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »
> Test out the machines. If the others ask, tell them it's training to prepare for your upcoming heroic showdown with Parsee and the Hobo Queen.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #737 on: August 06, 2009, 06:39:58 PM »
> Test out the machines. If the others ask, tell them it's training to prepare for your upcoming heroic showdown with Parsee and the Hobo Queen.
And
>Tell Mystia the Hobo Queen is the ruler of poor people who don't have houses, and push around shopping carts full of junk. Tell her this while working out. If you can that is.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #738 on: August 06, 2009, 06:42:41 PM »

>You attempt to test out the machines; and find they are all set far too high for you to do anything with.

>Tell Mystia the Hobo Queen is the ruler of poor people who don't have houses, and push around shopping carts full of junk. Tell her this while working out. If you can that is.

>"Oh!" says Mystia. Then she looks to Kaguya. "Uh, do we have anyone like that? I've never of them having any kind of queen." Kaguya shrugs.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #739 on: August 06, 2009, 06:53:05 PM »
I will LOL if we truly find Cho-Marisa behind this door...

> Knock on the door. Shout 'Mushroom-based protein shakes for sale! Limited offer!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Cho-Marisa is canon
« Reply #740 on: August 06, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »
> Knock on the door. Shout 'Mushroom-based protein shakes for sale! Limited offer!"

>You knock on the door. A moment later a voice answers, "Just a minute!" Soon after, the door opens, and Marisa steps out in all her muscular, impressively-abbed glory; she is the first person whom you've had to look up at to look in the eye. She idly cracks her knuckles and looks over the group and frowns. "Is something wrong?"

>_

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #741 on: August 06, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »
> Pizza delivery. Shroom Special with extra shrooms.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #742 on: August 06, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »
> "A-Ab-ab-solutely....We have reason to believe someone's out to get a-a-ab-ab-at you, your mushrooms, and your protein-shakes....but I can see said person will have to hope you're a-ab-abs-absent when she arrives. She'll definitely have a hard time a-ab-ab-at best...a--abs...abs....c-can I p-p-please touch your a-ab-abs-abs?"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #743 on: August 06, 2009, 07:08:14 PM »
> What's your cup size?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #744 on: August 06, 2009, 07:14:42 PM »
> Pizza delivery. Shroom Special with extra shrooms.
> "A-Ab-ab-solutely....We have reason to believe someone's out to get a-a-ab-ab-at you, your mushrooms, and your protein-shakes....but I can see said person will have to hope you're a-ab-abs-absent when she arrives. She'll definitely have a hard time a-ab-ab-at best...a--abs...abs....c-can I p-p-please touch your a-ab-abs-abs?"
> What's your cup size?

>Marisa chuckles, pats you on the head, and says, "Don't be so nervous. I know it's not every day you get to meet a magician, but I think you're used to exotics people." She winks at the group. "So someone's after me? I guess that isn't too surprising. In any event, It's my policy to take on all comers. So, who wants to try their luck this time?"

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #745 on: August 06, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »
> "Okay, abs aside and straight to the point then. Parsee just received a power boost of some sort, courtesy of the hobo coin or hobo queen or something. Now she's out 'to get even' as she put it. I thought you and Reimu would be first up. We've put Nitori and Patchy somewhere safe for now. We're going to go warn Suika, Yukari, Aya and Alice, go investigate the hobo queen starting with the subterranean world, then go stop Parsee before she makes a fool out of herself. If you come with us we'd have the advantage in numbers and, hopefully, firepower. You in?" 

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #746 on: August 06, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
> "Okay, abs aside and straight to the point then. Parsee just received a power boost of some sort, courtesy of the hobo coin or hobo queen or something. Now she's out 'to get even' as she put it. I thought you and Reimu would be first up. We've put Nitori and Patchy somewhere safe for now. We're going to go warn Suika, Yukari, Aya and Alice, go investigate the hobo queen starting with the subterranean world, then go stop Parsee before she makes a fool out of herself. If you come with us we'd have the advantage in numbers and, hopefully, firepower. You in?" 

>"Oh Parsee," Marisa says with a shake of her head, "The world just isn't enough for you." She sighs. "Well, it seems that the thing you need the most is time. So, I will buy you some. It would be a shame if Parsee did something she regretted while drunk on power. And, there is no opponent better suited to testing her skills than me."
>With that. Marisa fetches a broom from behind the door and steps out into the yard.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #747 on: August 06, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
>swoon as is most correct
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #748 on: August 06, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »
>swoon as is most correct

>Poetry in motion is simply too much for you, and you swoon as Marisa mounts her broom and flies off.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #749 on: August 07, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »
> "Oh my Suwako-sama....I-I'm G-GAR...I-I mean, straight for Marisa!"

> "Let's go see Reimu for now." Go to the Hakurei Shrine.