Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 77925 times)

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2009, 04:27:44 PM »
...Is it so wrong to want to horribly mutilate Remilia?

Okay, I suppose it is...

>Ask Remilia if we can hold onto Gungnir for her, as it would give away who she is immediately if anyone saw her with it.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »
>Ask Remilia if we can hold onto Gungnir for her, as it would give away who she is immediately if anyone saw her with it.

>"Naw, I can poof it out of existence," says Remilia. "I dunno what'd even happen if you touched it. Nothing good, probably."

>_

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
> Tell Meirin not to cry as you shall return for her.

> Go to Kourindou. Assess how flammable the premises are. Make mental note to set it aflame once it has served your purposes.

> Ask if you can trade anything in your inventory for nitori's dress, cap and any of her other personal effects he may have pilfered from us, if they are still available. Offer to trade a frogloo, a sizeable hobo cardboard box, a refrigerator containing the spirit of winter, or the secret to preparing the perfect taco asadore (or however you spell it) as well. If none of these interest him then offer to do a quest.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2009, 08:28:31 PM »
> Tell Meirin not to cry as you shall return for her.

> Go to Kourindou. Assess how flammable the premises are. Make mental note to set it aflame once it has served your purposes.

> Ask if you can trade anything in your inventory for nitori's dress, cap and any of her other personal effects he may have pilfered from us, if they are still available. Offer to trade a frogloo, a sizeable hobo cardboard box, a refrigerator containing the spirit of winter, or the secret to preparing the perfect taco asadore (or however you spell it) as well. If none of these interest him then offer to do a quest.

>"I'd rather that Orin come back..." she pouts, clearly still a bit upset at her game getting ruined.
>You make your way back to Kourindou. The building is made of old, treated wood. It'd take a little doing to burn it down, but people can be inventive when it comes to kind of thing...
>You enter Kourindou! Rinnosuke nods to you.
>The store presently has:
>A Hobo Penny, placed inside an Empty Wine Bottle
>The Dwarven Backpack
>Banson's Aria
>Your State ID
>Wriggle's (Spare) Cape
>Nitori's Panties
>Nitori's Clothes
>The Dollmaker of Bucaresti
>An AOL CD, in the old tin cases they used to use
>An Erlenmeyer Flask
>A bag of nails
>Assorted Stainless Steel Parts of Something Mechanical
>A Nodding Head Dog Figure.
>Border of Life
>A straw broom.
>A Pin-On Gold Star with an Ideogram
>A Ream of 500 Pages of 8x12 paper
>A Bag of Kettle Chips
>A Red Ribbon with a Bow and White Lace.
>A Small Statue of Buddha
>A Vinyl Record with No Cover.
>A Brownie Sundae
>A Bowl
>Upon requesting Nitori's garb, Rinnosuke rubs his chin. "Well, I could trade that Silver Dragonfly for the lot, including the backpack."
>"How about I not set this place on fire, fagballs?" Remilia asks, as she summons Gungnir. It seems great minds think alike. Rinnosuke is on his fight in a moment, with the minigun he keeps under his counter leveled at Remilia. "Now now, Miss Scarlet. I am sure you understand there is a saying that the customer is always right, but I believe there are practical limits to that kind of ideology."
>"You think that is going to hurt me?" Remilia says with a sneer.
>"Do you believe I would have overlooked such things?" Rinnosuke asks.
>Remilia makes a sort of disgusted noise, and returns Gungnir to the aether from whence she called it. "Whatever, fagballs."
>Rinnosuke looks to you. "My apologies. Would you be willing to trade the Silver Dragonfly for those items?"

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:33 PM »
> Negotiate. Tell Kourin that you risked your life for that silver dragonfly and that you feel you cannot part with it unless offered...a little more in compensation. Ask that he add the following items to the trade, in order of priority, Nitori's panties (if it's not already part of the deal), the pin-on gold star, dwarven backpack, wriggle's spare cape, the straw broom, and the stainless steel parts. Remind him that you've done him service before and that he can count on your continued patronage/service if he commits to this deal. If need be, add that the silver dragonfly belonged to the Emperor of Hell Bees (or similar) and thus it has significant historical and collector value.

> Show off the fact that you have your kidney back to Kourin.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:08:33 PM by Mind-The-Grue »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06:57 PM »
> Negotiate. Tell Kourin that you risked your life for that silver dragonfly and that you feel you cannot part with it unless offered...a little more in compensation. Ask that he add the following items to the trade, in order of priority, Nitori's panties (if it's not already part of the deal), the pin-on gold star, dwarven backpack, wriggle's spare cape, the straw broom, and the stainless steel parts. Remind him that you've done him service before and that he can count on your continued patronage/service if he commits to this deal.

> Show off the fact that you have your kidney back to Kourin.

>"Ah. I miscommunicated. The backpack is part of the deal. If you wish for more...well...I can add the broom as we have had a mutually beneficial relationship."
>Kaguya approaches the counter, placing a single ☼ on the counter, then claiming Brownie Sundae.  She and Mystia start to share it.
>Rinnosuke notes your returned Kidney with a smile. "Ah, it is good you have gotten that back. I hope you bear no hard feelings for the transaction, as it is not my policy to ask questions, as I'm sure you recall." He nods toward Wriggle's (Spare) Cape

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »
>Ask if anybody can fly using that broom. If so, DEAL and do an "I CAN FLY!!!!" moment.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2009, 11:17:50 PM »
Sorry, long stream of command inputs again....

> Ask that he throw in the pack of kettle chips, for the children. Give him a charming paternal smile while you're at it.

> Regardless of whether or not he throws in the kettle chips, agree to the deal and thank him. Tell him that as long as he doesn't pull another kidney-ordeal on you he can count on future cooperation.

> If he agrees to give you the kettle chips, offer it to Rumia and Remilia and tell them to share with Kaguya and Mystia...and Flandre if she feels it's not too impure.

> Ask him how much for the star and stainless steel parts combined. Offer to do a quest if need be.

> Offer the newly acquired Nitori cosplay goods to Remi. Cut out holes in the backpack for her wings if required. Ask Kourin if she can use the restroom to try out the disguise. Ask that Kaguya and Mystia assist her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2009, 11:42:38 PM »
>Ask if anybody can fly using that broom. If so, DEAL and do an "I CAN FLY!!!!" moment.

>"Unfortunately, no." says Rinnosuke, "It is more of the sweeping kind."

Sorry, long stream of command inputs again....

> Ask that he throw in the pack of kettle chips, for the children. Give him a charming paternal smile while you're at it.

> Regardless of whether or not he throws in the kettle chips, agree to the deal and thank him. Tell him that as long as he doesn't pull another kidney-ordeal on you he can count on future cooperation.

> If he agrees to give you the kettle chips, offer it to Rumia and Remilia and tell them to share with Kaguya and Mystia...and Flandre if she feels it's not too impure.

> Ask him how much for the star and stainless steel parts combined. Offer to do a quest if need be.

> Offer the newly acquired Nitori cosplay goods to Remi. Cut out holes in the backpack for her wings if required. Ask Kourin if she can use the restroom to try out the disguise. Ask that Kaguya and Mystia assist her.

>"I suppose," says Rinnosuke, "But only as a way of making amends. And I should note that if not for the generous use of my tub, Suika probably would have left you in the forest."
>Rumia takes the chips with a happy burble of distortion, nodding at your order to share.
>Remilia takes the clothes and backpack. "Don't worry, I can dress myself!" she says as she disappears into the bathroom.
>As you inquire about the star and the parts, Rinnosuke says, "Make me an interesting offer? Surely you've seen something of note?"

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2009, 11:44:36 PM »
Surely you've seen something of note?"
>A third leg, maybe?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2009, 11:50:19 PM »
> A book that can interest even the likes of Yuugi.

> Otherwise, offer him tacos.

> Watch the party devour the crisps and sundae. D'awww perceptibly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2009, 12:18:16 AM »
>A third leg, maybe?

>"That would do," Rinnosuke says, "But one would imagine that such a thing would be most difficult to procure."

> A book that can interest even the likes of Yuugi.

> Otherwise, offer him tacos.

> Watch the party devour the crisps and sundae. D'awww perceptibly.

>"Ah, she has bought a number of those from me," Rinnosuke says. "Perhaps I could accept them back, if she were willing to part with them. Or if you like, I could accept that Proton Pack for the items in question."
>Awww, lookit 'em enjoy a snack break. Even Flandre has a few chips, which Mystia and Kaguya talk softly amongst themselves over their sundae. Rumia even gives you a few chips.
>Remilia emerges from the bathroom in Nitori's garb. She doesn't really have the hair to make proper ponytails, but everything seems to fit well. With her wings hidden and different clothes, she really is hard to readily identify as Remilia. As well, the whole outfit, combined with her obvious irritation at the world, is simply goddamned adorable! Such a cute little scowl in all that green! "Let's get outta here before I throw up." she grumbles.

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2009, 03:09:55 AM »
>Check if "The Dollmaker of Bucaresti" is actually Alice
>If it is, pat her on the head and call her a good girl
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2009, 03:15:37 AM »
>G Free

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2009, 05:21:31 AM »
The star obviously belonged to Meirin. Let's just keep it for the time being, in case it proves a useful trading chip later on. Who knows, we might be able to get Meirin.

> Trade proton pack for the star and the stainless steel parts.

> Equip the star. Give it some spit polish and pin it to your Yukari cap.

> Examine the stainless steel parts.

> If that dollmaker of Bucaresti is indeed Alice as E-mouse suggests, ask since when did Kourin start dealing in living beings, particularly youkai. Ask for possible trades or quests to acquire her.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2009, 05:40:39 AM »
> Mind the Grue

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2009, 07:51:28 AM »
>Check if "The Dollmaker of Bucaresti" is actually Alice
>If it is, pat her on the head and call her a good girl

>You examine The Doll Maker of Bucuresti
>This is an nostalgic song, according to its composer, with a hint of menace and seriousness to it. A few people have used the title to argue that Alice is a Romanian.

>G Free

>Free things? In Kourindou? Oh you!

The star obviously belonged to Meirin. Let's just keep it for the time being, in case it proves a useful trading chip later on. Who knows, we might be able to get Meirin.

> Trade proton pack for the star and the stainless steel parts.

> Equip the star. Give it some spit polish and pin it to your Yukari cap.

> Examine the stainless steel parts.

> If that dollmaker of Bucaresti is indeed Alice as E-mouse suggests, ask since when did Kourin start dealing in living beings, particularly youkai. Ask for possible trades or quests to acquire her.

>You trade the Proton Pack for the goods.
>You Examine the Pin-On Gold Star with an Ideogram. It bears a eastern character that you cannot read, an seems to be a little weather beaten. You then pin it on Yukari's Cap! Stylin.
>The Stainless Steel Parts are a collection of loose cogs, springs, and screws, a rogue spark plug, and other such objects. Who knows what they go to?

>_

« Reply #287 on: July 21, 2009, 07:55:38 AM »
>Ask Flandre if she would play with us for one coin (the hobo penny)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #288 on: July 21, 2009, 08:07:09 AM »
>Ask Flandre if she would play with us for one coin (the hobo penny)

>Your suggestion prompts Flandre to examine the Hobo Penny, and her eyebrows raise with obvious curiosity. "What a strange icon," she says, "It has a subtle power. This one appreciates the offer of a gift, but it does not seem to be a thing this one can use. It is beautiful, though..."

>_

« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2009, 08:36:40 AM »
>Challenge Rinnosuke to a test of manly strength for the hobo penny.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2009, 08:47:26 AM »
>Challenge Rinnosuke to a test of manly strength for the hobo penny.

>"And what you would have in mind?" ask Rinnosuke, seeming to be rather amused.

>_

« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »
>"Show me your best display of manliness, I shall counter with mine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2009, 09:39:05 AM »
>"Show me your best display of manliness, I shall counter with mine."

>"Very well." Says Rinnosuke. "Witness my works, oh ye mighty, and despair!"
>Suddenly Rinnosuke starts shout at the top of his lungs, making a couple of your party members exclaim in surprise. Then he rips open the front of his garment to reveal a surprisingly muscular chest and arms. Then, still shouting, he grabs the minigun once again; leaving you to wonder just how much a gun of that size actually weighs. With the shout still going strong, he leaps up on the counter, his torn robe trailing behind him dramatically, as he levels the Minigun at you. For a brief moment you feel he is going to pull the trigger on you, but instead he stops shouting and returns to his customary smile.
>"I hope that suffices," he says, as he leaps off the counter. "I considered firing a few rounds, but it would be dreadfully unfair to allow myself to damage my shop and forbid you from doing do."
>Your companions are all speechless. Whether it be from awe or simply mute from the stupidity it hard to say.

>_

« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2009, 10:06:20 AM »
>"Indeed, a tough act to follow, you exude a manly recklessness and strength, but also fairness and respect; however..."
>Activate Love Sign: A Man's Love
Kneel before Kaguya, say,"Kaguya-sama, please enter the same grave as this one." (old-style Japanese way of propsing)
Take Remillia's hand and gently ask,"Ojou-sama, would you bestow on this one the chance to kiss your hand?"
Lift Rumia up by the arms, and swing her in a circle, grinning broadly (she will likely adopt 'the saint was crucified pose').
Twirl Mystia by the hand, and dip her before going for a gentle kiss (if she rebuffs the kiss on the lips the forehead will do).

"A real man is not afraid to admit his dependency on the women he loves."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »
> This vending machine no longer accepts my coins :'(

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »
>"Indeed, a tough act to follow, you exude a manly recklessness and strength, but also fairness and respect; however..."
>Activate Love Sign: A Man's Love
Kneel before Kaguya, say,"Kaguya-sama, please enter the same grave as this one." (old-style Japanese way of propsing)
Take Remillia's hand and gently ask,"Ojou-sama, would you bestow on this one the chance to kiss your hand?"
Lift Rumia up by the arms, and swing her in a circle, grinning broadly (she will likely adopt 'the saint was crucified pose').
Twirl Mystia by the hand, and dip her before going for a gentle kiss (if she rebuffs the kiss on the lips the forehead will do).

"A real man is not afraid to admit his dependency on the women he loves."

>Kaguya chuckles, and simply waggles a finger in response. Mystia gives you a discontented look.
>Remilia was already furious at the world, and perhaps self-mortified, before your request. As such, her usual stream of invective is supplanted with some sputtering then, "Dammit!"
>Rumia does indeed display that humanity discovered the decimal system, whilst crying out a bit of happy-sounding distortion that you are pretty sure is meant to be "Wheeee!"
>Mystia cries out in surprise, and thinking better you kiss her on the forehead. She doesn't seem to be able to make much of this; given prior history likely she expected worse.
>Rinnosuke chuckles. "This is true. Such is the mystery of the true man. I think my pride has been sufficiently satisfied to yield defeat. Please make good use of that Hobo Penny. I am not so sensitive as Flandre in such things, but I feel she is right." Remilia cackles, seeming to be darkly amused now.

> This vending machine no longer accepts my coins :'(

>Dude, don't be mean to Rinnosuke like that.

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05:24 AM »
> Mind the Grue

This, and what has transpired so far, amuses me.

Carry on.

> YOU WILL TAKE THIS POTATO CHIP...AND YOU WILL EAT IT.

> Compliment Remilia and her new outfit. Assure her that no kappa can even hope to look anywhere near as stunningly baroque in a utility dress. Tell her that she honours commoners and mud-dwellers everywhere as well as the dress itself by wearing it. Also tell her to let you know if she suddenly feels any urges to feed on cucumbers or electricity.

> Take the potato chip bag if the others are done with it, cut holes in it, wear as a mask. Tell Kaguya that this is your mask. Strike the Ultraman or any other super-sentai pose of your choice while you're at it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2009, 12:34:40 PM »
> Mind the Grue
> YOU WILL TAKE THIS POTATO CHIP...AND YOU WILL EAT IT.

> Compliment Remilia and her new outfit. Assure her that no kappa can even hope to look anywhere near as stunningly baroque in a utility dress. Tell her that she honours commoners and mud-dwellers everywhere as well as the dress itself by wearing it. Also tell her to let you know if she suddenly feels any urges to feed on cucumbers or electricity.

> Take the potato chip bag if the others are done with it, cut holes in it, wear as a mask. Tell Kaguya that this is your mask. Strike the Ultraman or any other super-sentai pose of your choice while you're at it.

>It is delicious chips. You must eat it. And you do! Mmm, kettle chips~

>Remilia grimaces in response to your blandishments. "I'm still thinking about shanking you when you go to sleep. Don't think you can sweet-talk your way out of it, either!"

>You claim the empty chip bag, introduce some holes into its surface, and put it over your head. The grease helps it slip right on! You make your declaration of Maskedness to Kaguya, whilst going through the YCMA dance. Kaguya, in response doubles over in laughter. When she is finally able to regain her composure a minute later, she applauds politely, still snickering. "Maybe I'm calling the wrong one fagballs," says Remilia.

>_
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:39:32 PM by Purjew »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »
> Equip underwear outside pants before making another pose. No superhero is complete without the outer-underwear.

Cut :(

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #299 on: July 21, 2009, 02:25:46 PM »
>check what skills our new bag mask gives us, along with the outside underwear