Author Topic: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc III.  (Read 134661 times)

Re: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc III.
« Reply #450 on: February 18, 2012, 12:14:55 AM »
OOC: I left that bit open because I  want them to be en route when something happens. It's kinda hard for me to write if Mystia would already be staying in the water for who-knows-how-long.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #451 on: February 18, 2012, 02:39:34 AM »
OOC: Tenshi's eager for payback. I'll make that clearer. *Makes edit*

----------------------------

Aesera made the call, which was soon answered. "Hello?"

"Grace," Aesera said, "it's Aesera."

"Aesera! Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. How's the situation there?"

"No... things in this city yet, but elsewhere... Aesera, you know something, don't you?"

"I do, but I can't go into it. Have any of my people fled?"

"Not yet."

"Good. Get them working. I have a job for you."

"What is it?"

"I'm looking for people. They're likely in Japan, but that's all I know. Check every possible place for appointments made or missed, purchaces made, class attendance records, missing person reports, anything at all that might possibly have anything about them. First is Tamashi Kenshou."

"Kenshou? Isn't he the head of that shrine that got destroyed?"

"Correct." Aesera described his appearance. "Next is Hirenko." She described Hirenko. "There's also Rumia." She described Rumia.

"Got it," Grace said. "Anyone else?"

"Yes. The most important one, and also the one you'll probably have the most luck finding reports of. You'll want to add checking tabloids and tabloid sites for this one, because people may very well describe her as being a ghost."

"Okay, what?"

"Don't worry about that. Just get me information." She described Mima. "That's all. Call me as soon as you have any information on the wherabouts of any of them. If I don't answer, leave a message; I'll be checking regularly."

"Understood," Grace said. "And, Aesera? Whatever you're involved with, be careful."

"If I can," Aesera said, and hung up.

"You have a staff?" Kanako said.

"A small one. Technically, I'm the head of a private consulting firm, but the entire company is me, Grace, and enough people to do any grunt work I need done. But that's not very important right now. WHo's replied so far?"

"Nobody."

Aesera was silent for a moment. "I don't like that. Ask for anyone who hears you to send something."

Kanako nodded. [Anyone who can hear this, respond immediately.]

"Anything?" Aesera said after a moment.

"Nothing."

"Shit. Okay, people, change of plans. I think we can safely assume we're being blocked, which tells me they probably know we tried to use that communication, which means we know it's blocked. Yukari, if there's anything at all you can do for alternate means of communication, do it now. Kanako, remember in the outside world when I asked you to make a storm, and you said you were limited by a lack of faith?"

"I do. That's when the connection first happened."

"Yes. I want you to mess with the sky. Super freak storm, crazy lights, whatever you can do. If we're really damn lucky, that may end up reestablishing the conection, but I doubt it. There's another purpose to this. I want people to notice, and to know that something is wrong. If we're being blocked, we can assume the enemy is making its move or will do so shortly; they'll want to hit us before we can adjust to being blocked. SO we need something that says 'shit's going down, so be alert'."

"Got it," Kanako said.

"Good. Yukari, I know you're weak right now, but if you can gap any of the others here, do so right now, because the plan to attack hasn't been set aside. They'll come for us, but we'll go to them first."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:41:27 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

« Reply #452 on: February 18, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »
OOC: I don't expect you to do it. So to clarify stuff, none of our partners got a message from Kanako?

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #453 on: February 18, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »
OOC: I don't expect you to do it. So to clarify stuff, none of our partners got a message from Kanako?

INDEED.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #454 on: February 19, 2012, 02:00:30 AM »
"Are you in yet?"

Splish

The winding river by the Great Youkai Forest had some untouched pockets, still quiet amidst the roaming black spawns. Mystia was lucky to have found one spot, though she had planned to stand on one of the geysers from from here and get blasted by the steaming spout of water that came out every so often. But she only needed water, anyway; cold water would do.

Splash splash splash splash splash

"Okay, I'm in."

Vante turned to see Mystia's head peeking out of the river's surface. She waded stagnantly in her place.

"How long are you going to stay there?" Vante stood and picked up the soiled clothes he had bought for Mystia. Sitting at the riverbank, he soaked them and attempted to clean it up.

"How is that your problem? I'll get out when I want to." Mystia dunked her head under and resurfaced seconds later.

"Are you sure you didn't come here to swim?"

"I'm not swimming, am I?"

Dunk

Tinatanga niya ako, ah! [You're trying to make a fool out of me, aren't you?]

[No, how did you come up with that?~ By the way, look to your right.]

He did.

A familiar flew past his cheek. He stumbled back into the water, drenching himself entirely. Behind him, he could hear his partner laughing unrestrained.

OOC: This was harder than I thought.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #455 on: February 20, 2012, 07:42:47 AM »
Suddenly. YOU WA SHOCK! I mean I got sick so :V. I'll update sometime this week. Before the weekends.

Also Crow, this is when I ask you to come on IRC.

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2012, 01:30:12 PM »
Instead of just calling on the rain and the clouds Kanako would usually be seen doing, sometimes because the Kappa or Tengu requested for it, or Kanako wanted to teach Sanae something. No, this would be a full blown storm. Hurricane Katrina won't have anything on this. Raising the Kusanagi instead of her hands, Kanako said a simple prayer to the God who owned the sword. Even though the sword was now in Kanako's hands, it would always belong to Susanoo. The blade hums with mystical energy, acting both as a lightning rod for the powers above and as an amplifier for Kanako's own.

The skies shift and twirl. Clouds gather, turning dark and blocking out the light from the moon in the sky. They converge on each other, forming bigger and bigger clouds. Eventually, they unite as one, gigantic thundercloud. And then, the storm begins.

The winds intensify, howling with their newfound power. Swirling, the cloud bends and morphs into a funnel like shape, reaching down from Heaven to Earth. It should be visible in Gensokyo already. But it doesn't stop there. The forming hurricane grows in size and power, roaring loudly all the while. Lightning is released from the funnel-like end of the hurricane, striking down on Gensokyo. Lights of red and white burst from the hurricane's swirling vortex.

"My Lord, your powers are as refined as always." Kanako gives a bow, clutching the sword forward.

"It's done, Aesera. The storm will last for around ten minutes."

"You did better then I would expect. Even if you're a God."

"Susanoo-sama's sword did most of the work."

"So, Yukari?"

"Not yet. I can't do mass transportation from here to Gensokyo."

"Then, in the Border?"

"The Border is technically incredibly close to Heaven, so it was relatively easy. Maybe if we reach a point of Heaven closest to Gensokyo, or I recover in time."

Aesera nods, then thinks for a moment. Gale and Orin are apparently talking, Tenshi is slowly sneaking her way closer to Kanako, and Wriggle is busy trying to control the Chaos Spawn. The landscape is gone. Nothing else besides corruption and darkness. In the distance, things are moving slowly towards the group. Small specks of green energy begin to solidify atop the figure's heads. Kanako notices.

The goddess steps forward, the Kuransagi in her hands. "Damn I thought I got those earlier..."

Tenshi's eyes twitched. "You didn't kill them, Kanako. All you did was put a sword through them. Chaos makes them zombies. Well, I think. So far, it looks like that."

"...Zombies...? Should'nt Chaos just take control over them?" Aesera asks.

"Celestials aren't as weak as humans. Or Youkai." Orin adds.

The Chaos Spawn seems to grin at their coming.
-

"...I thought who would be laughing in the middle of a lake. Turns out to be you two." Nazrin moves past a rustling bush, looking at the duo. She smiles. "Welllll, having some fun, aren't we? And I thought Newan and Nanaya were the only couples in our group."

Before the now-silent Night Sparrow or embodiment could speak, Newan appears behind Nazrin, having walked the same way. "They don't look like the type to get together, Nazrin."

"What? Look at you and Nanaya. For some reason, you completely changed her and made her madly in love with you. These tw-"

"Just be quiet."

"Stop ruining my fun!"

Newan walks over to Vante, helping him out of the water. "So what are you doing so far out from camp?"

Pulling the soaked clothes out of the water, Vante sighs. "Well this girl wanted to take a bath. I just felt the need to clean her clothes."

"And you come with her to a lake so far away from the shrine and get in the lake with her?"

"It's an accident. Actually more like one of her pranks."

Newan glances over to Mystia. She's kind of pouting at the side. Nazrin's grin widens and she steps forward. "Welllll, I guess I have to take a bath too!"

"You what?" The two embodiments say in union.

"You heard me. Now, the two of you go get behind that one tree! Come out only when I say you can!" Nazrin squeaks, before pushing the two towards the tree. "And no peeking!"

"...Meh. Troublesome partners." Vante voices out, before facing the tree.

"You tell me."
-

A low growl comes from a distance of the area. Vante hears it. Softly, but it's there. Doesn't sound exactly like one of Chaos, though...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2012, 01:41:59 AM »
"Okay," Aesera said, "new plan. Wriggle, take that thing and get out of here. Get back to Gensokyo. It looks like you're having difficulty controling it, and since we'll be fewer in number than I'd hoped, I really don't want to risk having that thing to deal with, too. The rest of us are going on the offensive. Our immediate goal is to break through to the point in heaven that's closest to Gensokyo. Once there, Yukari, bring in as many of us as you can, one at a time if necessary. Get Rhiseza first. Kanako, you know where to go, right?" Kanako nodded. "Then you'll be leading the way. Utsuho, I want you beside Kanako. If anything comes at us, blast it, full power. Orin, Tenshi, you two flank me and Gale. Gale, you and I are on zombie duty. Those won't go down from ordinary attacks like the regular chaos beasts, but you and I can probably take them out, or at least leave them down for longer, in which case we can worry about permanent solutions later. Our goal right now is to reach the point nearest to Gensokyo and bring in some backup. I want Utsuho blasting everything she sees, but stick with us and stay in formation. Everyone else, only attack enemies that come after us. We'll worry about the rest once the others are here. Understood? Yes? Good.

"Okay, then. Go!"

« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2012, 07:11:11 AM »
OOC: Vante's part goes first before Wriggle's.

Vante's head perked up towards the forest area behind him. He saw nothing but leaves and branches, with darkness obscuring anything else in between. While it was not distinctly threatening, he had the itch to call it out.

Turning to Newan, Vante put a finger to his own mouth as if to shush him, even if they were not really making any noise. Then, calling into the trees, he shouted.

"Come out here and show yourself." He refused to say anything more than that. If they were attacked, he could easily retaliate.

Mystia did not fail to notice him. "What, is someone there?" [Who is it?]

There was no audible reply. [I don't know. Maybe you would, though, but I'm not sure.]

[There're a million things that live here! I wouldn't know for sure, either!]

"My pleasure!" Wriggle was all too eager to leave. Trying to calm the Chaos spawn was nerve-wracking, and seeing all the mess here was sickening, too. The spawn looked back at her, frowning in apparent disappointment.

She saw it. "Well, what do you want? I can't really hold on to your head for so long in this kind of place."

There was no way out, too. "Yukari, can I get a gap out of here?" Wriggle asked.

Looking again at her servant, she saw all of the remnants of the Heaven insects surrounding her. "What do you want now?" she hissed at them. The earth insect was disappointed by their reappearance. "I thought you all hid."

Click. They were going with her, whether she liked it or not. They needed a way out.

"Oh, fine, but don't rant about how 'lowly' you think Gensokyo is."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
(Sonae has been prodded)

The growl soon settles into nothingness. Whatever came came near the lake faded away in to the night. Vante catches a slither of movement in the bushes a few meters away, but everything is calm now. Newan had been watching the whole time. His glove had materialized on his right hand, but not his blade. He too had noticed the movement.

"I assume it's gone."

"Well, it better be." Vante sighed.

So, can we come back now? Vante asked the two girls in the lake. Mystia answered with just a slightly agitated Yes.

Vante and Newan went back to the lake, the latter quite tired while Vante just got back to cleaning Mystia's clothes while the Gensokyans sat in the lake. Newan got over to a nearby log, sat down, and began to dream off.

"Where'd he go off to? I didn't see him for a while." Mystia asked the mouse youkai.

"Don't know. Probably off to go think about life or try to find that girlfriend of his."

"Still didn't know that Nanaya was Newan's girlfriend until now."

"Wellll, you missed lots of fun!"

Vante pulled the thoroughly soaked clothes out of the water, setting them to the side while he himself got a seat next to Newan.

"So when will the two of you be done?" Vante called over.

"Whenever we want to be!" Mystia replied loudly, only to get another sigh from Vante.

Somewhere deep in the forest, Chaos Spawns gathered patiently. They were preparing. For Something. The one that almost confronted the embodiments had fled to get more of it's allies. In the dark of the night, and judging from the distance from the lake to the shrine, they had a chance. Although the hive-mind state of Chaos made it hard for individuals which are unable to break free and become a hydra of sorts, to think, they could still formulate plans among themselves.

"So, Mystia!" Nazrin splashed a bit of water at the night sparrow. "You didn't tell me that you and Vante ar-"

"It's not what you think!" The night sparrow splashed back, the two laughing all the while.

Newan looked back at the gensokyans, sighing. It's all my fault...

"You have to hide your thoughts better, Newan. I'm pretty sure they heard it too."

"Wha- Vante... What?"

"We're all connected, remember?"

"...Yeah..."

Stop dreaming of your girlfriend! The two Gensokyans laughed. Yeah! There's two beautiful girls in front of you and you don't seem to notice! Mystia adds, trying to be cheeky. It results in splashed from Nazrin.

"...Meh."

"Cheer up. We'll find her."

-(Hoping for you to be creative with the Chaos Spawns, Crow.)
-

"Sorry, but no. Sadly, we're all staying together."

"Yukari? Wha-"

"I told you Aesera, I can't send them back. Getting them from Mayohiga to Heaven was hard enough." Yukari waved her hand, and a small gap appears. The weak, purple eyes struggle to keep themselves open to face Aesera. "I just can't." Yukari sighs, the gap closing.

"Staying together would actually be a better idea for now, Aesera."

-(Short because I have no idea what to write :V. Get the story along.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
OOC: My intent was for Wriggle to just find a place to drop down from heaven back to Gensokyo. Or does it not work that way?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #461 on: February 27, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
(Sorry but, everyone has to stick together.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #462 on: February 28, 2012, 02:03:38 AM »
"Right," Aesera said. "Thought it might be easier to do Wriggle, since you already know where she is. Okay, then. Wriggle, looks like we don't have an easy way out for you, and I do not want that thing of yours with us in battle, not when you're still having so much difficulty controling it. Send it away. Once we get you back to Gensokyo, you can call it to you again."

Wriggle sent the creature away, and Aesera turned back to the others. "All right, people, the plan's still the same. We head for the closed point with Gensokyo and bring in some backup. Yukari, you're in the middle. Let us do the fighting. You just recover your abilities as much as you can. Wriggle."

"I'm not much of a fighter."

"Then you're in the middle with Yukari. ALl right, people, let's move!"

Kanako, at the head of the formation, led the way. Chaos beasts noticed them, of course, but Utsuho took most of them out before they even got close, and the ones she missed, the others took care of. 'I told you you didn't have to worry, Utsuho," Aesera said. "You're doing just as well as I said you would. Just remember to leave the zombies to me and Gale."

They didn't encounter many zombies, and Aesera and Gale quickly took out the few they did come across. Maybe not permanently, but the group didn't stick around to see if the things got back up.

It wasn't too long before Kanako brought the group to a halt. "We're here."

"Good," Aesera said. "Yukari, do what you can."

-------------------------------------

OOC: I hope it was okay to have Wriggle send the chaos spawn away.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:51:42 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #463 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
(I want to get Crow to post more before I get'em.)

« Reply #464 on: February 28, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
((Excuse me miss, but why exactly AREN'T you bothering Orphea aswell? It's be even longer since her last post.))

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #465 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:48 AM »
((Excuse me miss, but why exactly AREN'T you bothering Orphea aswell? It's be even longer since her last post.))

WHO SAID I WASN'T BOTHERING ORPHEA ASDFCTHULHUFHTAGN

« Reply #466 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:20 AM »
The heavily wooded forest had turned the Chaos spawns lurking in it into monsters with hard, leafy, and spiky forms. With their invasion of the Great Youkai Forest, the area was left to themselves, as all its inhabitants had fled.

Which was why it was a pleasant surprise for them to find out that their targets had come.

This was the perfect opportunity to strike. The spawns had come out of their lurking and gathered around the largest of them, a ball-shaped spawn. A long neck sprouted out from its top, as well as equally long extremities, much like a giraffe.

The scout growled unintelligibly. It seemed that the embodiments and the youkai were vulnerable, almost letting their guard down. One was one to them, but he did not suspect so much.

The designated leader roared in triumph. Instantly, all its cohorts lunged it the direction the scout had arrived from, and leader itself followed right after. Even if their enemies had left, they could still overtake them, through an ambush or by coming up from behind them.

[Why are you worrying so much?]

[I don't feel safe this late at night.]

[Oh, suck it up, sleepyhead!]
"You know what, I think I'm wet enough. My fingers are getting all wrinkly, too. I'm getting up."

Nazrin pouted. "Wet enough? We haven't taken a bath in days!" she exclaimed, "Isn't it fun playing in the water?"

"But my wings are getting heavy." Mystia's wings struggled to emerge out of the water, but its feathers held on to the water below. "It takes forever to get it out."

"That can't get be as bad as getting my tail wet. It sinking like lead right now. It's still fun staying in here."

"Oh yeah? Try having two sacks strapped to your back, and we'll see who drowns first!"

"That's if you can catch me." Nazrin smiled deviously as she disappeared below the lake surface. The bird followed immediately, dunking her head in.

Vante and Newan were watching silently. The former sighed. "Do we have kids as partners?"

Amused and laughing, the latter shook his head. "No, just you!"

The first one to resurface was Mystia. The bird began to swim, or more like thrash, back to land. Like routine, the humans turned away, and just in time for Vante to avoid getting a face full of water as Mystia began to flap her wings abruptly to dry them. He said nothing.

After five minutes of silence, he heard the motor mouth begin to yak again. She had worn the fresh pair of clothes.

Mystia squatted beside Vante as she continued to fire out word after word about how the rat made her furious because she couldn't shut up. They did not leave yet, only because Vante insisted on keeping watch on the other two in case the threat from a while ago came back.

"Paranoid."

"So what if I am?"

The girl simply shook her head.

[Hey, come back, you grumpy old bird!]

Mystia's glaring eyes met the rat's head. [Oh, you're going to be my mext meal. I haven't eaten rat in a long time, you know?]

[Mystia, don't listen to her.]

Vante's advice went unheeded. She pounced towards the lake, her wings beating heavily against the air and scattering water everywhere. Nazrin was having too much fun and blew a raspberry.

Before Mystia could pick up her pace, Vante got up and ran, catching up to her before she reached the water and tugging her feet back. She blabbered and fell.

"What was that for?"

"The only reason why she's still trying to make fun of you is because you're reacting. So calm down and sit for a while."

She looked back at Nazrin, who was frowning at Newan.

"Fine." Mystia slipped her feet out of Vante's grasp.

OOC Edit: Added more stuff.

ANOTHER EDIT: The wonders of third person limited allow me to clarify that Mystia had changed during those five minutes of silence in the latter part of this post.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:36:31 PM by Midnight Crow »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #467 on: March 05, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Just really want Sonae and Orphea to post something asdf. Looks like it isn't working. Update asap. Probably sometime this week.

« Reply #468 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »
I'm working on it. Give me a break damn it.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #469 on: March 05, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »
Question: Is Rhiseza able to heal the corrupted land?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #470 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
Question: Is Rhiseza able to heal the corrupted land?

Yes. Although it's more passive then "HEAL NAO"

« Reply #471 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:22 PM »
Sakuya, Flandre and Ranna had set off towards the Scarlet Devil Mansion, in the darkness, the journey was dull and quite boring. Flandre herself was visibly annoyed and extremely bored. She would bother both Ranna and Sakuya for anything that they would see or hear along their journey. As they flew through Gensokyo, they noticed that Chaos had infected the human village, and most of the bamboo forest of the lost. Sakuya had carried Ranna and they flew towards the SDM in a rather straight line. Flandre was flying almost in a completely swirl around the duo. All they heard in the darkness(Besides Flandre,) were the screams of Youkai either being eaten alive, or corrupted. Also the occasional roar or loud growl. Misty lake was almost untouched. The water as clear as always and fairies still there, oblivious to all the chaos around them. Flandre wanted to take this chance to go "play" with the fairies, but was soon denied by Sakuya. Ranna also gave her silent objections. Cirno was spotted with Daiyousei, becoming a "guard" of misty lake. Of course, Sakuya and Ranna "somehow" managed to bypass the fairies' "defenses", and arrived at the Mansion.

They landed, and walked towards the oversized gates. From the outside, the mansion was alright. Everything was in place besides the gatekeeper. Meiling was missing. Fairy maids still however, guarded the inside of the mansion. As soon as they saw Sakuya, they opened the gates. Greeting Sakuya with their usual bows. Flandre was the last to enter. She was staring at the lake and at all the fairies around the lake. They seemed ready for battle, which to Flandre, were prepared for playtime. Ranna however, took the initiative and pulled Flandre in, ignoring her protests and squirming. Nothing had been corrupted on the inside. The flowers in the garden still bloomed and the walls of the mansion had never been tampered with.

Even better, The Scarlet Devil had not been touched, as seen by the trio once they entered. Through a large stained glass window, they made out a figure of a girl with bat's wings, being served by fairies. It was obviously Remilia.

Chaos had only made their effect present on half of Gensokyo...

-

Was that the only post involving my characters?
And I think Orphea isn't gonna post. But keep bugging her so i don't have to be bothered

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #472 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:03 PM »
Was that the only post involving my characters?
And I think Orphea isn't gonna post. But keep bugging her so i don't have to be bothered

Yes. Now I'll be writing the update tomorrow after school. Live with it. I'll also be concluding the AliceAlyssa so be happy.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #473 on: March 07, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »
How does Rhiseza's land-healing work, exactly? Because in case you haven't figured it out, Aesera's going to ask her to do that.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #474 on: March 07, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »
How does Rhiseza's land-healing work, exactly? Because in case you haven't figured it out, Aesera's going to ask her to do that.

Basically, by standing above the corrupted ground, her energy automatically flows into it, beginning a purification process. If a Chaos Spawn appears in a 1 meter range of the healed ground, it will begin to corrupt once more.

« Reply #475 on: March 07, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »
((That's kind of rude you know. Answering  a vital question with 'Yes but now I'm not gonna let you post'. That's quite quite rude infact. Especially seeing as I had my post done and was waiting for you to answer this question as the 'go ahead' signal ^^' ))

Ranna felt relieved as her feet touched solid ground. She wasn't used to flying, let alone flying via person. It was slightly unnerving, especially when she had first looked down. After that she made a mental note not to. Below them, chaos rampaged across the land, destroying and devouring everything that was in its path. In their wake, pure destruction. The ground was pitch black, and what had once been plants was now only the acid-eaten remains of a now unidentifiable substance.
Ranna let out a sigh as she began to walk towards the large gates. It was unlike anything she had ever seen. As they walked forward, the girl gazed around at the magnificent gardens that stood inside the walls surrounding the mansion. Vibrant colors made the gardens look as if they had been painted by the most delicate of hands. A faint fragrance filled the air. One thing however, did hit Ranna as odd.
There was no wind blowing across the garden. Not even the slightest zephery rustled the deep green leaves of the many plants that lay tucked along the walls and into the corners.
As the three approached the doors, the maids who had been guarding it noticed their presence. They gazed at Ranna and Flandre with surprised looks for a moment. As their eyes moved to Sakuya, they seemed quite relieved and bowed deeply.
Sakuya nodded to them, and they proceeded to open the door. The large doors of the mansion grumbled as they slowly opened them. Once the fairies had finished, they stepped to the side to allow entrance to the team.
"Lets proceed shall we?" Sakuya said as she gave the fairy maids a faint smile as she passed them.
Ranna nodded and began to follow. Realizing Flandre had not passed her she spun around to see her gazing out at the mist covered lake where fairies bustled about frantically.
"Flandre was it...?" Ranna spoke softly, gazing at the girls strange wings. Crystals of seven colors... She thought as she began to lose track of her surroundings for a moment. A tap on the shoulder from Sakuya brought her back to the present. She quickly grabbed Flandre and pulled her inside.
The small vampire whined at being forcefully pulled into the manor.
BAM!
The door closed, all light from the outside receeding with amazing speed until no more could get in. Darkness filled Ranna's vision for several seconds before her eyes became accustom to the dim light of the mansion.
What seemed to be fire flickered on the walls, casting a faint illuminence around them. On the floor was a large crimson colored magic circle which turned slowly, as if it was it's own seperate existence.
Ranna gazed around. Various creatures casted their curious stares at them from the darkness. The room was large, the ceiling rising high above them with some sort of murel on its curved structure. Doors leading into dark halls spread out from the main corridor, leading to who knows where.
As Ranna's gaze came to the area before the group, Flandre shouted out and rushed forward.
"Sister!" She shouted as she dashed towards the winged silhouette that stood in the window.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:52:31 PM by Sonae »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #476 on: March 10, 2012, 08:32:44 AM »
The black menace rampaged down the path from Heaven towards Gensokyo. It devoured the bodies of every Chaos Spawn or Corrupted it saw, absorbing them and adding their powers to itself. The  Chaos Creature blasted it's way through the corrupted blockade, reaching the top of Youkai Mountain. There it surged down the mountain with amazing speed, somehow managing to avoid the Tengu guarding the mountain. Shredding the slowly advancing Chaos Spawns at the bottom of the Mountain, it began to walk slowly, almost stroll towards the Great Youkai Forest.
-

Chaos Spawns advanced on the position they had saw the Embodiments and youkai. Slithering their way through the dense forest, they soon reached one of the lakes. There, they saw that their "prey" were still in the area, their guards were down and they were relatively defenseless. At the moment. From experience, the Chaos Spawns had learnt that the embodiments could take on forms granted by their godly parts. They needed a plan, and the simplest one was to take the most defenseless one first. The mouse Youkai.

The Spawn's positions were off. Nazrin was in the middle of a lake, and the only way they could get to her was by revealing themselves. Attempting to think of another plan, the leader began to notice that one of the embodiments was just sitting on a log, overlooking the other three. Impulsively, the leader signaled for them to go after the man. The spawns gathered, moving slowly and silently in the cover of night and within the bushes. Once in range, two Spawns began to push their heads out of the bushes, and they struck.

With magnificent accuracy, their tentacles flung forward and caught the embodiment: Newan's arms, pulling him towards them. Vante looked back just in time to hear a grunt before another tentacle began to cover Newan's mouth. Getting up from the ground, Vante called forth his scythe. It exploded into being in a flash of turquoise and gold light, flaring with runic energies. Vante squinted his eyes from the burst of light, and threw. The scythe flew forth, slicing through the tentacles that grabbed Newan. Once freed, Newan jumped back, his sword beginning to materialize on his backhand.

"I told you."

"Ps-" Mystia's annoyed reply was cut off as more Chaos Spawns appeared, grabbing the two Youkai and pulling them towards the forest. Vante and Newan gave chase, the former calling his scythe back and throwing it once more at the Spawns. This time, they learnt Vante's attack pattern, well, the ranged one that is. They curved their tentacles and threw the youkai to the side, narrowly avoiding the Scythe's deadly blade.

Their dodging gave Newan enough time to reach the Spawns, slicing off the tentacles that attacked him, attempting to grab Mystia, who was the closest to him. His blade crackled with energy, cutting through the spawns like a knife going through hot butter. The tide turned in an instant, the ground breaking and tentacles reaching out to immobilize the two embodiments. The tentacles wrapped around their arms and legs, bending them slowly back towards a point limbs were never supposed to bend.

A loud roar is heard from deep within the forests. The Spawns look back, their leader was gone. In it's place an eight-foot monstrosity took it's place, green, acidic blood dripping from it's mouth and claws. It charged forward, ripping the Spawns in half and taking their mangled bodies into it's mouth. The Creature soon freed the embodiments and youkai, devouring all the Spawns it could. The few lucky ones escaped with burn marks on their black bodies. Newan takes a few steps back, shocked by the sudden appearance of the beast. Vante puts his hand on his shoulder, a sign of reassurance.

But their hopes are crushed once the beast reaches for both Youkai, grabbing their bodies like little fragile toys and lifting them up, roaring. The youkai squirm and Newan grits his teeth, glancing over to a surprised Vante.

"I... I could have sworn..."

The beast lifts Nazrin toward's it's mouth, the acidic blood from earlier dripping and burning the skin on her arms. It tilt's it's head to the side, looking at the night sparrow. The beast tosses Nazrin to the ground, and begins to pull Mystia close. Nazrin rolls on the floor, crying in pain as the skin on her arms melt, and stop slowly, revealing burn marks. The creature brings Mystia to it's mouth, breathing on her face. The night sparrow attempts to move away, only to be hurt as the beast squeezes her tighter. The blood however, doesn't leak down her. Instead, it's black saliva leaks from it's mouth down onto Mystia, before the creature tosses her away.

It begins to walk off, as if being forced to. It gives one final look, before it walks away into the forest. It knows now that those were Gensokyans. Mystia's clothes soon turn black. A corruption process begins, but luckily, not on the night sparrow herself.
-

Yukari moves over to Tenshi, pushing her slightly.

"Tenshi, tell me where this place is."

"I don't know...It's black an-"

Yukari bends down, picking up what seems to be a corrupted, ball-like object. She tosses it at Tenshi. "What? What's this for?"

"We're not at the closest point to Gensokyo. We're at it's center. Kanako, I expected better from you."

"Me? All I did was go in the direction where everything seemed to be g-"

"We're getting closer to the source of the corruption, an-"

"Stop fighting you two! Gensokyo is in a crisis and the two of you are beginning to argue."

"...Unyu..." Utsuho moves behind Orin and Gale.

"Look Yukari, since you know this place so well, why don't you lead us to where you can use your powers." Aesera crossed her arms.

"You've been going on this quest to get me to get your friends here. Let me tell you now that I can't."

"You said that if we brou-"

"My powers will take longer then that to recover, Aesera. Not like bringing us to the bottom most point of Heaven will do muc-"

Aesera goes forward and pulls Yukari towards her. "You're saying we just wasted our time?"

"Yes. Yes! I'm saying that. Because I don't know what the fuck these things are, who the hell you are, or why you, Kanako, that man, this hellcat and that bird-brained idiot are together as some team! This Chaos is some youkai that came from nowhere, and then you people pop up and stuff. I thought it was weird enough so I visited you at the outside. I didn't learn anything much there. And now you've dragged Miss Arrogant face Celestial and Wriggle into this."

"Listen, Yukari." Aesera grabs Yukari's collar and pulls her closer. "Your home is under attack by these things and you still wan-"

"Get your filthy hands off me, human. Do not test me."

"You're weak now, aren't you? Or is that a lie? Why won't you help us?!"

"For all I know, you and those humans probably called them here! What if you are the invaders? What if you are the mastermind!"

"...Yukari! Enough!" Kanako swings her sword in a wide arc. "Aesera can't be the enemy. She was almost killed more then three times because of Chaos!"

Yukari shoves Aesera back, looking away. "I'll end this. I'll end all of this. Chaos is a Youkai, and I am one of the most powerful youkai in Gensokyo."

"You don't understand, Yukari!" Tenshi sprouts.

"What don't I understand, Celestial? Tell me!"

"Those things aren't youkai!" Orin calls out. "Please, Yukari..."

"To hell with all of this." Yukari turns away from the group. "Why do you interfere in my work, Aesera? Why did you and your... Companions have to set foot on Gensokyo. As far as I know, you could be the cause of all this. All of you should just leave." Yukari turns back, with sadness in her eyes. Just pure, concentrated sorrow. "Gensokyo is my home. I will take care of it. Me and Reimu, together, we will end all of this."

"...You don't understand..."

"No, YOU don't understand. This was never your fight." Yukari walks away.

"...It is our destiny to save or damn the world." Aesera mumbles quietly. "Or have all we learnt all lies?"

"...Aesera..." Gale finally speaks. "Let's go. Yukari can take care of herself. We'll go find whatever's causing this."

"Gods are unchanging. They can not learn, they can not evolve, for they are perfection in your eyes. However, humans can rise above that. Humans can change, can learn, can become better than they are now. In time, anything can be understood, any boundary passed. Gods too are blinded by their biases, and are unchanging, while humans can evolve, can improve.

You humble humans can see with not only your eyes, but with your mind, making conclusions. With work, diligence, and perseverance, one can see more than the gods, for the gods are a permanent standard, while human perception is a variable.

In the end, there is nothing that one can not improve on in themselves, and that is why one may supersede the gods, blind in their perfection.

If Heaven, Hell, and Earth were to merge into one, then, while the demons and angels would fight, being led to do so by their masters, and while they would be more powerful than most humans, the living have a power others do not. They can make choices.

Choices make you human, choices let you choose what you do, who you are, who you serve, and what you think.

Is it not better to choose what you do, who you follow, than to fight in a war because it is your nature?"

"We are unable to do things mortals are able to do. Chaos is the reason for that. Our bane. And yet, we require Chaos. All Life needs Chaos. Our Boon."

"Have all our work, be of naught?"

Growling is heard from behind. The corrupted Celestials began to rise.
-

Everyone lives their life, but few truely live.

Pathetic. Entirely abject. You disappoint me, Alice Margatoid.

"...What...?"

I would delight to see you grovel thus, but I have not yet earned your prostration.

"Who is this?"

"...Alice, what are you talking about?"

If you had not set out on your journey here, your allies would have the alliance of Yukari Yakumo. They would have fostered your false hopes. Now they will feel Despair.

"...Yukari...? What did you do? Who are you?!"

"Alice! Calm down!"

"This displeases me." Alyssa flinched, turning to face the almost endless road ahead. There stood a winged figure. A ghost-like, angelic figure with long, white hair and azure eyes. Her six, feathered wings flap every once in a white. Her long blue robe seems to glow with power. In her grip, a single, mysterious wand.

"...I thought you died..."

"Chaos cannot die, foolish youkai... and embodiment..."

"...Leave her alone. If you need a victim, try me. Take your chances!" Alyssa steps in front of Alice, maybe driven by childish courage and pride, or maybe out of care.

"And if I do not?"

"...Then... then..."

"Insipid girl! You are too young to understand any of this! You were supposed to have died - extinguished like a tiny flame meeting the fierce winds."

Alyssa yearned for strength; for the validation of whatever godly power she could use. If that woman gave her as much power as the rest, she woud have the force to her repudiation. Alice slowly walked to stand beside Alyssa.

"Alice Margatroid, your partner is a mad vessel, one that clings so stubbornly to continuance when she should have perished ages ago."

"If you want a fight, come at us. We'll give you one. One you will never leave from."

"Oh, quite the cont-"

Sariel bends down to look at her chest. A spiraling beam of energy penetrated her body, spinning wildly and releasing electricity. Sariel frowns, and turns back. "Who dares?"

"That'll seal you for a while. In the Angel of Death's body, your powers are amplified. But that little while is all I need." Another six-winged figure approaches the trio.

"...M-Mother!"

"It's time for us to return. Alyssa has somewhere else to go."

"...B-but, Gensokyo... It..."

"It is not your destiny. Neither is it hers. Come, let's go." Shinki waves her hand, two portals forming along the path. Shinki soon dissipates into nothing, but she will soon rematerialize.

"It is sooth that the two of you were called forth to aid in the quest. But it is not true that you had to finish it. You've had a hard journey, Alice. You too, Alyssa." Shinki walks into the first portal, leaving only the duo.

"...I guess it's time we go."

Alyssa gives a silent nod. Alice smiles, and goes over to hug the little girl. "We'll meet again, Alyssa. I'm sure of it." Soon, Alice goes into the portal after her last goodbyes. Alyssa takes one last look at Gensokyo, before she too enters her own portal.

"I'll miss this place, even if my adventure... Wasn't that great."
-

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #477 on: March 11, 2012, 02:10:47 AM »
OOC: While writing this post, I realized that Aesera knew Yukari couldn't actually do anything. I'm not sure how she figured that out, though, which is a really weird feeling to have.

----------------------------------

"Something's wrong," Kanako said. "That's a complete shift from the person who's been aiding us, who even kept you from dying."

Aesera nodded. "Her mind was injured. The corruption should be gone from it, but not any other damage."

"That didn't seem like damage. More like a personality shift."

"Um, what do we do now?" Utsuho asked.

"Follow the plan," Aesera said. "It remains unchanged."

"Wait, but didn't you need Yukari to-"

"That's only what I said the plan was. Kanako's the only one who knew otherwise. I informed her privately of the real plan, the first step of which we just completed."

"I know how to enter and leave heaven," Kanako said. "We were going to use the corruption as an excuse for me losing my way, but Yukari was less concerned about that than I expected."

"Okay, then," Tenshi said, "what's the real plan?"

"Simple. We're still taking this fight to the enemy. We move as before, except that this time, we take care of the corrupted Celestials a bit more permanantly. I should be able to attack the corruption directly and eliminate it, although I'll probably need protection while doing so. Tenshi, you get the lead this time. Lead us to the center of whatever ruling authority Celestials have. We take out everything we see along the way, and once we're there, we clear the place out. So let's move."

--------------------------------------

OOC: The people below should really be noticing Kanako's super-storm.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #478 on: March 11, 2012, 02:47:20 AM »
You forget the fact that the storm is colliding with the winds the Tengu set up. Since heaven is above youkAi mountain and all. So that was the first problem. Redundancy. Of course, Aesera won't know that.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #479 on: March 11, 2012, 04:11:39 AM »
It was supposed to be something that would be seen throughout Gensokyo. I assumed it wasn't limited to the mountain.