Author Topic: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc III.  (Read 134655 times)

Re: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc III.
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2012, 01:51:50 AM »
((Wards? Patchy had wards around the mansion?))

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2012, 06:10:31 AM »
(Going to put this right here...

Road Of Limitality>MysteriousPathOfCherryBlossoms>Mugetsu'sWorld
                                                            Behind Hakurei Shrine>In Mountains>Border>LakeOfBlood/Mugenkan>Mugetsu'sWorld
                                                                                                   Or>In Mountains>Border>DreamWorld>Reimaden
                                                                                                   Or>In Mountains>Border>Makai>RuinsOfVina>FallenShrine>Pandaemonium
                                                                                                   Or>Behind Mountains>ProbabilitySpaceHypervessel
                                                            Under The Ancient City(Yuugi etc) of the Underground>"True"Hell(Konngara etc)
                                                            Mist To Sado Island>TowardsMayohiga>RuinsOfVina>FallenShrine>Pandaemonium
                                                                                                    Or>TowardsMayohiga>Mayohiga>WeakPointinBorder>Yukari'sHome
Note that the Dragon God at the beginning of EoG is all the way on the other side of Gensokyo if you are at Yukari's Home)

The sky was still as black as night. Time had not moved an inch. It was remaining in the timeframe of 12:01am to 1:30am. The Eientei group had a rather decent "protection" system put in place. It was obvious that it had been used more then once, to give such... Astounding results. Two Embodiments, Five Gensokyans and One Spawn of Chaos blaze through the night sky in red missiles supported by drill-shaped rocks. The projectiles broke the sound barrier, arriving outside the netherworld in a burst of crimson light. The keystones did their job well. As the bright light faded away, the Chaos Spawn that had been silent all the while, showed signs of irritation. It growled towards Orin, who in turn, jumped back and hid behind Gale. All the Embodiment did was give the Spawn a blank stare.

Wriggle soon reacted too, forcing her remaining energies to calm the spawn. It soon turned back into it's silent, still state.

"A-Are you sure we should k-keep this thing here?!" Orin squirmed at it's unfaltering gaze. At times when any of the group were to speak, the Spawn seemed to be listening - It's streamlined eyes glew at certain points.

"I trust... Aesera, Orin. Although it seems like a bad plan to be bringing this thing to Yukari."

Wriggle crossed her arms and pushed her chest out, smiling. "I can keep it under control! I mean, I got it this way and did what none of you c-" The beast growled at Wriggle's sudden loss of focus. The Bug Youkai frantically resumed to calm it down.

"As long as Wriggle keeps it... Sedated, It's alright."

"I have a bad feeling about this, Aesera."

"Yeah!" Tenshi added. "Wriggle's powers aren't even as strong as... Uhh... Orin's!"

"Are you trying to say that I'm weak?" Orin clenched her fist and raised it at Tenshi, who returned with a smirk.

"Hey, no fighting." Gale muttered. Just a sentence from him made Orin glare at her partner, but it did get the job done. Tenshi and Orin faced away from each other.

"Then we just have to trust in Wriggle. Let's go."

Walking further, the group stood directly in front of the entrance. "That's the entrance to the Netherworld, then," Aesera said. "It looks sealed."

"It is," Tenshi said, "but whoever made it, um, overlooked something. All you need to do is fly over it."

"I'd think that would be a hard thing to overlook. Huh. Well, anyways, from here, we fly. Orin, you carry Gale again. We head east from here."

"What exactly are you looking for?" Tenshi asked.

"Mist. When we see the mist, we change course and head south. But there's more to it; that mist may very well contain a way to access the outside world. I don't plan to try it yet, if only because I can't know that returning in the same manner is possible, but I do want to get a good look at it. Now come on, let's get moving."
-

The group flew towards the east, silently and steadily. The only sound was either from Orin and Tenshi arguing or the Chaos Spawn managing to get a growl out from it's throat. Soon, mist entered their sights.

"That was fast, don't you think?" Kanako said.

"Seems too quick. I didn't think it'll be that easy. If Yukari is already having trouble with the border, don't you think Chaos would be... cautious enough to place guardians or something towards Mayohiga?" Gale thought out loud.

"Yes, but they could always be hiding. Waiting. Like at the outside world. We were not prepared to face a full onslaught at the shrine or university. We just somehow, managed to win." Aesera replied.

"You didn't tell me you did all that..." Tenshi muttered.

"Anyway, let's go." Kanako drew her sword, leading the way south.

The journey was fast and uneventful. The group flew past the area covered with mist, and this time, the Chaos Spawn was absolutely silent, even with the gittering going on between the Celestial and the Hellcat. Sometimes even including Wriggle. As the group ventures onward, Kanako soon comes to a grinding halt.

"...I don't understand..." Kanako points in the direction they are going. "...Vina... Is connected to Mayohiga...?"

There is more then one route to Makai.
Surely you should know that behind the Hakurei Shrine, A path leads straight - Towards Pandaemonium.
But there are two more. Towards the Sanzu River, along the Road of Liminality. At times on an incident, another path will spring forth.
A path covered in Cherry Blossom Pedals that lead towards another world - One of true demons. Mugetsu's Realm.
And Finally, towards a journey to Mayohiga, if you go right, you will reach Vina. If you go left, you will reach Mayohiga and the weakest part of the border. My home.

"...Yes... I remember... Yukari once said... The paths to Makai..." Kanako mutters more and more to herself, and as Aesera flies up, Kanako resumes going left. Aesera begins to question Kanako's way of direction, asking questions. Kanako, lost in her own thoughts, balantly disregards all questions that her partner gives her, and continues onward. Reluctantly, Aesera quietens down and follows her. The group behind also notices a change in Kanako, and they are silent too. The Chaos Spawn's eyes glow brighter as they approach Mayohiga.

...And there it is. A large expense of land dominated by traditional japanese houses. With now no living inhabitants or even youkai, it is a ghost town. At the far edge of it is a large, purple runic circle. Complex diagrams are drawn all over it. Markings are all over the place, and intense energy leaks from the circle. In the center of it, a streak of yellow.

Nobody had ever noticed, not even Orin, how quiet and far back Utsuho was. Now, at Mayohiga, all the HellCrow did was stare at the small yellow streak in the distance. She was fearful.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:45:37 PM by Nanaya Kikasu »

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #422 on: February 07, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »
Awaiting three replies...

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #423 on: February 07, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
I didn't get an answer to my question, which I'm waiting on.
What wards? Where are they? How strong are they? All that stuff

« Reply #424 on: February 07, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »
OOC: The wards are there just in case someone like Marisa barges into the mansion through a massive show of force, i.e. Master Spark. Basically they absorb energy and impact, and by this point in time they've probably been broken down by Chaos.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #425 on: February 07, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
You heard the crow. He set wards up and since I let players drive the RP, he's in charge of these... wards.

« Reply #426 on: February 07, 2012, 11:38:00 PM »
Okay so these wards react to extreme bursts of power/magic right?
Then why would our entrance trigger them?
And do they only absorb magic? Are they purely defensive? Or can they reflect the magic back aswell?

« Reply #427 on: February 08, 2012, 03:21:48 AM »
OOC: Wait, they were supposed to block anything from coming inside via force or magic. If Chaos entered, it would have broken through it because it's just that awesome. Simply speaking, they're force fields, purely defensive, but at this point, useless and destroyed. Patchouli just thought that some parts might still be active, like the windows.

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:02 AM »
"Not quite due south after the mist, then," Aesera said. "Right. Tenshi, you're up front with me. Wriggle, you take the middle. Gale, Orin, Utsu-wait." Why's she so far back? "Okay, change of plans. Gale, you take the lead. Everyone else, fall in behind him. Catch up to Kanako, and wait for me. I'm going to see what's up with Utsuho."

Aesera flew over to the hell crow. "Utsuho, what's wrong?"

------------------------

OOC: Short because I don't know why Utsuho's staying back.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #429 on: February 09, 2012, 12:20:11 PM »
Utsuho stood silent for another moment, her eyes fixated at the yellow streak. Aesera looked at the Hell crow, taking in the look of her... Fear... The Hell crow turned to face the embodiment, her wings beginning to shiver.

"Unyu... Y-You know..." Utsuho gulped. "I-I can't hurt those b-black things..."

"...You what?"

"They're i-immune to radiation... I-I don't know about h-heat but..."

"You can create suns, right?"

"...H-How did you k-know?"

"...I...Don't..."

"...Unyu...?"

Aesera pulls Utsuho's arm, flying towards the others. "As long as you have that...Sun-creation... Of yours, I think we're fine."

"I-If you say so..." Utsuho shivers.

...So, how did I know Utsuho could make suns...?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #430 on: February 10, 2012, 02:58:46 AM »
OOC: You may have forgotten that Kanako gave Aesera an overview of Gensokyo that included notable individuals, Utsuho among them. So she does know of Utsuho's ability. It's clear, though, that the intent is for Aesera to know something she shouldn't, so I can handle that little discrepency pretty easily.

----------------------------------------

What the hell was that? Aesera wondered. I knew she could control nuclear fusion; Kanako told me that. But... she never specified forming miniature suns, so how did I know Utsuho could do that specifically? That wasn't a guess, not an assumption, not a deduction of what she might be able to do. And her being able to do it doesn't surprise me. When Kanako mentioned how large she shots she can fire are, the idea of miiature suns did occur to me, but this was... somehow, I knew it as a certainty. But how?

"Look," Aesera said, "you're not here to kill these things via radiation poisoning. You're here because you have enough power to blow them to pieces. Don't go for extra effects; just hit them with the most powerful blasts you can."

"But... will that work?"

"Maybe not against the strongest ones, but against most of them, yes, it will work. I've fought enough of these things to know that. And if we do run into any that it won't work against, well, Gale and I can take care of them.  And, hell, even if the stuff gets to you, I have a way to get rid of it. Don't worry; you'll be fine. Now come on, let's go. The others are waiting."

Aesera and Utsuho flew over to the others, who had caught up to Kanako. "Right," Aesera said. "Kanako, you're more familiar with this sort of thing than I am. We're trying to follow Yukari into the border; should we head into that circle over there? Or do you think doing so would have a different effect?"

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #431 on: February 10, 2012, 08:03:36 AM »
"Yukari isn't in the border... Well, not completely." Kanako points to the blonde streak in the middle of the circle. "Her body is there., but her mind is in the Border. Whatever she's doing, she's doing it at the risk of losing herself. Completely, to Chaos. As far as I know, Chaos is affecting the border itself, and if it can corrupt even those as strong-willed as... Yuuka, it could take over Yukari."

"So, the plan?"

"We go in. We help with whatever Yukari's doing, and we get the hell away."

Tenshi interrupts, swinging her sword. "Away? Why? I thought it would all be okay once Yu-"

"Because, Tenshi," Aesera adds, "We don't know if Chaos is going to come out screaming once the Border is repaired, or something. Precaution is better then a cure."

"Well put, now let's go. I want Orin and Utsuho on the right, Tenshi can take the left alone and Wiggle... To the north. I will stay at the south, and Aesera and Gale will go to Yukari's body."

"Are you sure this will do, Kanako? I don't think we should touch a person whose m-"

"We aren't going to, Gale. We're going to help her." Aesera states.

"...Like with Chaos?"

"Indeed."
-

The group flies towards the circle and disperses. Kanako notes that Yukari's shikigami are missing, but keeps silent and flies towards the south. Wiggle hesitantly pulls the Chaos Spawn along with her, it's red eyes glowing ever brighter as it approaches Yukari. Orin and Utsuho take the right, ready and waiting. Tenshi is already on the left, her sword impaled into the ground and pillars of rock protruding around her.

Aesera and Gale approach Yukari's body, floating in the middle of the circle. Her face seems calm, at peace, but the energies around her say otherwise. They are violent, chaotic and very angry. They twist and twirl into miniature storms before they fade, only to come back snapping at the two embodiments before, like a living creature, dance off and fade away. Aesera places her hand above Yukari's forehead, close enough to feel pain from the energies, but not touching her. Gale stands to the right, placing his hand above her heart.

The ground begins to shake.

The earth begins to crack beneath the magical circle. Besides Kanako, every other Gensokyan begins to panic. Wiggle's concentration withers on her tamed Spawn, and it begins to fidget, before releasing a loud howl, it's head twisting in defiance as Wiggle tries to control it. However, soon enough, the Spawn calms down as Wiggle focuses on it once more. Kanako draws her sword in case. Tenshi pulls her own out of the ground, standing in a defensive stand. Utsuho raises her right arm, and concentrated, nuclear energy forms a ball at it's end, awaiting Utsuho's move.

And then the world breaks.

Fissures burst forth in all directions from Yukari's body. They stop right before the Gensokyans, the cracks tracing the lines on the magic circle, pouring energy from it's unknown depths from under Mayohiga. Purple energy rises forth from the fissures, creating auroras in the night sky. Rocks from all around the circle begin to break and are torn asunder, before becoming floating debris in the air, arranged in a sphere-like fashion.

The world fades to black. The embodiments do not hear their Gensokyan partners scream and shout their names as they fall into the crevices behind them. Yukari's body begins to fade away into an ethereal vortex. Into the border.

THE LAND WILL WEEP!

Aesera flinches, looking around.

THE WORLD WILL BREAK!

Gale too is shocked, his body beginning to glow from his powers.

THE SEAS WILL BE DRIVEN BY FIRE!

Aesera's cloak and sword begin to materialize around herself, the sword forming in her free hand.

AND THE SKIES WILL CRY BLOOD!

The embodiments scream in pain.

...Where are my wings?

They hear Nanaya's voice. It's soft, but fear and confusion are written all over them.

...Oh Woe is me...

Azeri's voice is heard before muffled crying.

Everything will return to nothingness. Nothingness and Chaos!

A thunderous laughter is heard.

But along with the God, The Embodiments will save or damn it all. And that is our hope!

Xera and Vuen say in union.

The border forcefully pulls the embodiments into it's pained, tainted heart.

Welcome to G-Bzzt

The Border.

Flames and Tendrils alike await the Embodiments. Aesera and Gale stand in a barren abyss.
-

(Giving you the chance to, with your own imagination, create the border from almost scratch. Impress me. Also... Take it as Alice/Alyssa have abruptly left the shrine. Newan has returned, tired and sad.)

...Awaiting Four Replies... GYMO/Crow/Sonae/Orphea.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:54:25 PM by Nanaya Kikasu »

« Reply #432 on: February 10, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
OOC: Question! Who exactly are in the border?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #433 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:36 AM »
OOC: Question! Who exactly are in the border?

Kanako/Wriggle/Spawn/Orin/Utsuho/Tenshi - Mayohiga
Aesera/Gale/Yukarin/Chaos - Border
Newan/Vante/Nazrin/Patchy/Mystia/Rhiseza/Youmu - Shrine
Ranna/Sakuya/Flandre - SDM

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #434 on: February 11, 2012, 02:26:09 AM »
"Okay," Gale said, "this place is weird." He took a step forward. "Woah. That felt strange. Come to think of it, I just feel really strange in general."

Aesera knew exactly what was going on; she'd expected it upon learning that Yukari's mind was in the border seperate from her body. "Of course you do," she said. "You've never had an out-of-body experience before."

"Wait, what?"

"Yukari's mind is here in the border, but her body is still in that magic circle. It's only natural to assume that it's the same for us."

"So then we're not really here?"

"We're very much here, Gale. Yes, dying here would leave your body intact, but your mind would be gone. I don't know how injuries will actually translate, but I would guess we'd experience some form of mental weakening as we got closer to death. Basically, treat this like it is your body."

"Wait," Gale said, "I do have my body, and so do you."

"No," Aesera said. "These are just representations. We've never before encountered a mind seperate from a body, so when we percieve such a mind, we percieve the body simply because that's how our minds interpret it. And that goes for everything you 'see' and 'hear' and anything else here. You're not actually seeing or hearing or feeling anything; that's just how your mind interprets it, because that's what your mind knows."

"So none of this is real, then?"

Aesera sighed. "You're not paying attention. Yes, it's real. See those cracks in the sky up there? Those are real. They aren't actually cracks, and that's not actually a sky, but it's still real. I'm guessing that's damage the border has taken."

"Right," Gale said. "It is like regular senses, then. Our minds usually interpret sensory input; the difference is that the means of input are different."

"I believe so, yes. It doesn't make too much practical difference, though. Just act as though you are percieving normally. Well, with one exception."

"And what's that?"

"Movement." Aesera grabed Gale by the shoulders and pushed him downwards.

"What the hell?" Gale said. "You just pushed me through the grou- where the hell did the ground go?"

"It was never there. When I pushed you into it and you passed down through it, your mind was forced to recognize it as an incorrect interpretation."

Gale flailed around, trying to move somehow. "Damn it, how do I move?"

"All you have is your mind," Aesera said. "Just think it. Start by bringing yourself back up to me. Just think yourself up."

It took several tries, but eventually Gale managed it. "Woah." He moved around in the 'air'. "Hey, this is kind of cool. But how come you're not having to learn any of this? How come you already have it all down?"

"Because when I learned that Yukari's mind was in here without her body, I understood what that meant. I came in knowing what to expect, whereas you did not know. Once you've made that leap of understanding, it's easy. Also, the mental movement is the same way I've been flying. Now come on. You can practice on the way, but we need to find Yukari."

"Right. Any ideas on where to look?"

Aesera pointed. "Over there. That's the direction the cracks are spreading from. That'll be where the border's being damaged, which means the chaos will be there, which means Yukari, who's in here to fight it, will also be there. Let's move."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:10:56 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #435 on: February 11, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »
Just to let you know, GYMO. Gale is technically as, if not more intelligent then Aesera and would probably understand all of this, so if you can, edit the post to make Gale sound more irritated then confused and unknowing of the situation.

Update tomorrow.

« Reply #436 on: February 11, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
From a quick and slightest of glance, it seems Gale's been portrayed way out of character from what I saw.
Just my short comment.
I'll get to this after i finish this goddamn long update for my rp.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #437 on: February 12, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »
It's not a matter of intelligence. It's about understanding and adaptability. Aesera, as has been seen already, is very adaptable. She adjusted to Gensokyo more quickly than anyone else, and is similarly quick to react to every change in circumstances. In addition, she has a better understanding of Gensokyo, in part because of the information she got from Kanako, in part because of her willingness to instantly take what was happening as real, in part because she's put a lot more thought into how things are working, in part because of general mindset (something I never got the chance to show that I'd expected back at the beginning), and so on. It's notable that she's not constraining herself to any prior notions of possibility. Other people aren't likely to think 'this will seperate my mind from my body' simply because they've been conditioned their entire lives to think such things are impossible and as such aren't likely to even think of them at all. Aesera, on the other hand, has never been one to commit herself to any definite notions of possibility; after all, there's always a chance she could be wrong. Also, she has no problem moving around in the border because she's been able to fly. I figure that, since her flight is purely magical, doing it is basically all mental, so she's already had experience in such moement, whereas Gale has not. I did spot a couple lines I could remove/alter (such as Gale asking Aesera to simplify it), but most of it I think is fine as-is. *Makes edits*

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #438 on: February 12, 2012, 03:53:01 AM »
(If you read the previous posts by Sampson when he was around, you'll kinda see the contradiction.)

The embodiments followed the cracks, floating through the barren landscape. Sometimes, they could see the outside. People were living their lives as per normal, oblivious to the ever looming threat. Some poor beggar down the road would always be the one that knew something was wrong. He would shout to the heavens, screaming warnings of the coming doom. People would give his warnings no heed. They would briskly walk past, ignoring that sad, old fool.

Sometimes, the embodiments saw Gensokyo. Youkai screaming, being devoured inch by inch. Being driven to extinction, the land of fantasy and illusion would fall under the Chaos infestation if left alone. And yet, in the chaos and insanity, Gensokyo was still peaceful - well, a part of it was. Fairies frolicked on misty lake and in the skies of western Gensokyo. While the tengu fight off the vicious Chaos Spawns that attempt to climb the mountain, Youkai and spirits away from the terror still live as normal.

Gale took note of something Aesera missed - America. There was a slither of power within the border which showed America. Riots were happening, people were dying. It was almost like in resident evil or some other zombie apocalypse. People were dying of mysterious causes one by one, each body becoming pitch black and Have begun to defy the laws of human nature. People overeacted, thinking the bodies would be raised from the dead. They burnt the bodies, and those that inhaled even the tiniest bit of ashes, became insane.

In England, as seen by Aesera, only two people were killed by Chaos. But after learning of America's state, the people too, began to panic. In Asia and other parts of the world, all was calm- Chaos had not, or could not, expand it's influence far enough. In japan, news of the devastated ground near Kenshiro's shrine began to spread. The head monk was missing, and the shrine maidens abandoned the area.

...Sunflowers were the only flower in the vicinity of the shrine.

Soon, the duo reached the "end" of the cracks. There, flames lit the bottomless ground. Crystals protruded from every end. And the dead, rotting bodies of people corrupted by Chaos littered the surroundings. A Roar so loud, it seems to shatter the very fabric of the border - or so Gale's mind perceives it to be. Regaining his vision, the border was fine, somehow. And there stood in font of Aesera and Gale.

A beast of Chaos. An oversized, black snake. Tentacles covered every inch of it's back. It's head was like a cobra's, but instead of a flap of skin becoming a circle, it was claws. Red, streamlined eyes glew intimidatingly.

And then, it lunged forward.

"...The Border..." A female voice is heard. Yukari.

(Just in case some people misunderstand, the beast is not Yukarin,. The voice is heard in the distance.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #439 on: February 12, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
"I'm seeing things," Aesera said as she and Gale followed the cracks. "Images. Some from Gensokyo, and some from the outside world."

"I'm seeing America," Gale said, "and it's bad. The chaos is taking people, and people are panicing. They've been buring the corrupted bodies, which looks like it works at first, but anyone who inhales any of if then gets corrupted, too. People are rioting all over the place. Order's breaking down, as clished as that may sound."

"Things aren't that bad elsewhere yet. There've been a couple victims in England, but that's it, although reports of the situation in America are freaking people out. Most other places seem just fine for now, but I doubt it will remain that way for long."

"What about Japan?"

"Very little in Japan," Aesera said. "Kenshou's missing, of course, and the shrine maidens have fled. The shrine grounds are devestated, and the only plantlife in the area is sunflowers."

"Sunflowers?"

"Yuuka, one of the ones who attacked us there. According to Kanako, she has an affinity for flowers, especially sunflowers. But it doesn't look like she's been trying anything, at least not overtly. We'll definitely need to be careful, though."

Eventually, they came across the beast of chaos. "Right," Aesera said, "that's the target. You're not going to freeze up this time, are you?"

"I only did that in the first battle."

"Good. All right, let's take this carefully."

It was then that the two heard Yukari's voice. "Was that Yukari?" Gale said."

"I think so. Yukari, you focus on the border! We'll handle this thing! All right, Gale, we do this carefully. Let's feel it out, get a feel for it. Once we know what we're up against, I'll have a plan. Until then, only strike when the oportunity presents itself, or from a distance if you have any means of doing so."

"Right."

"Then let's do this. Go!"

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #440 on: February 13, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »
"Perfection: Unlock."

The light in Gale begins to settle, before it escapes from his body and rises up in a torrent of shimmering, star-like objects. As the objects settle, four whip-like appendages form above his shoulder, wrapping themselves around his arm before a thinner, sharper whip forms on his backhand. On Gale's back, runes begin to take form and attach themselves to his body, forming a shape of a sun. Light is released from the center of the runes, behind Gale's head. The embodiment readies his stance, walking slowing towards the right.

Aesera forms her lance, twirling it's dual-headed end into a singular column, her left foot brushes against crystals as she goes into a throwing position. The Chaos Spawn lunges forward, bearing both fangs and barbed tentacles at Aesera first. It opens it's jaw as wide as a snakes - And at this size, as large as Aesera's torso. In a swift, single move, Aesera launches the lance at point blank range. It pierces the Chaos Spawn's throat and is lodged inside, as it coils back and begins to cough.

With a snap of her fingers, the lance's head splits. It tears open the Spawn's head, threatening to almost decapitate it. Gale swings his whip forward with ease, light trailing along it. The whip latches onto the spawn, and with a tug, begins to dissolve and break down the Spawn's body. However, the Spawn quickly recovers after the attacks, splitting it's head back and revealing a new, healthy one underneath. Almost like a snake shedding it's skin, it rises back from death and this time, throws itself at Gale.

With two steps, Gale manages to spin himself around the Chaos Spawn, having his whip tangle around it's long body. As he begins to pull, a blunt force is delievered right to his face, causing the whip to snap and for him to fly several meters away. Landing in a patch of tiny crystals, the runes broke his fall and he sustained only minor damage on his cheek. Aesera throws another lance, straight for the Spawn's throat this time.

Narrowly avoiding it, the Spawn bends it's head back - And sends it's hood, made of claws, towards Aesera. Gritting her teeth, the summons forth her blade... And ends the onslaught. Gale, now back on his feet, throws his now-repaired whip on the Spawn, holding it in place while Aesera runs forward.

The sword meets with the Spawn's throat, and it melts. Slowly but surely, it will disintegrate. Pulling her sword out from the mess she made, Aesera nods slowly. "Easier then expected."

"Whatever."

The two continue along towards where the voice came from...

And what that had covered the black land, was now nothingness.
-

...A faint purple light arises in the east.

And Yukari is seen, lying sprawled on the ground. Her clothes, ripped to shreds, and her powers, heavily diminished. Even from far, it was clear, that Chaos had got to her. And that there was corruption, spreading from her arms.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #441 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:15 AM »
Hoping to get replies in 6 hours because I have time to write my own replies(and finish MotK stuff)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #442 on: February 14, 2012, 01:38:03 AM »
"That's not good, is it?" Gale said.

"She's corrupted. Or being corrupted, at least; it's not complete yet. We need to help her."

"Right. Let's get her out of here first."

"No," Aesera said. "Remember, our bodies are elsewhere. There's no physical corruption of Yukari here; this is all mental. If we return her to her body, it will become much harder to get to her mind. And I'm not at all certain that the anti-coruption items we got from Eientei will work on a purely mental corruption. No, the corruption needs to be taken care of right now."

"But how?"

"You have guard duty," Aesera said. "That snake thing went down far too easily; assume the enemy is up to something and be ready. I'll handle the chaos corrupting Yukari."

"How?"

"By engaging it directly, mind-to-mind. I've done it before, although in that instance, I wasn't seperate from my body. Also, I began by drawing it out of its host and into myself, but I feel as though doing that again would be a bad idea. So I'm going to go after it this time, rather than drawing it to me. I don't know what's going to happen when I begin, as this situation is significantly different than the last time I did this. Since this is all mental, you may not even be able to see me any longer, as my mind may well end up temporarily elsewhere. If that happens, just protect Yukari; otherwise, protect us both."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I am," Aesera said.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #443 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »
(Just so you know, the reason why I didn't write an update yesterday is because you can just use one of those balls you got from Eirin. Even if that is her ethereal body, and you're not in your own, imagining the ball would transport it from the outside into the border. Usage on Yukari will also clear the immediate surrounding landscape from corruption. Have imagination for what Yukarin would say if she woke.

Also she knows about Rinnosuke, but not about the Gods. She thinks that Chaos is some kind of hyper-ultimate youkai instead of a world-shattering hive mind monstrosity.)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #444 on: February 15, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
OOC: Got it. I'll try to post later today.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
"Hold up," Gale said. "What's this about 'anti-corruption items'?"

"Kanako, Tenshim and I visited Eientei earlier," Aesera said. "We got them from Eirin, who told us they were made by Mima. Swallow one, and it rids you of any corruption. There is likely a point of corruption beyond which it won't work, but I don't know what that point is. It's probably pretty far along, though. They don't look very impressive-just little balls of light-but they work; we got a demonstra-what the hell?"

"A little ball of light," Gale said. "Is this one of them?"

"Yes," Aesera said. "Yes, it is. But... how is one of these here? This isn't even a physical... realm... and yet it looks the same. Okay, Gale, change of plans. I have no idea how it got here, but I think this actually is one of the items. We're perceiving it just as it looks normally, which tells me that it will retain its function here. If the energies were in any way different, it would appear different to our current senses. So I'm going to use it."

Aesera fed Yukari the item, and as with Eirin, the effects happened quickly. The corruption gone from her-and from at least the surrounding area, too-Yukari sat up, which looked a little strange, as she wasn't sitting on anything. "It worked," Aesera said. "Greetings, Yukari."

"Aesera," Yukari said. "And... Gale. Why are you here? And how?"

"We came to assist you. We got here by travelling to Mayohiga, where we found your body within a magic circle. Gale and I entered the circle and touched you, and then... well, I couldn't make much sense of what happened, but I assume it was simply us entering the border, because we were here as soon as it ended."

"You came to help me."

"And to get help from you," Aesera said, "but that can be left for later. We've already defeated one beast of chaos-although I am quite suspicious of how easily it seemed to go down-and then we found you. You were being corrupted, but fortunately, we picked up a few anti-corruption items from Eientei. According to Eirin, it was Mima who made them."

"Mima. Not too surprising. She's... capable."

"I have seen that for myself," Aesera said. "And the items work quite well. The corruption is gone from you. However, chaos may well remain within the border. I would assume that you can sense influences within the border. Can yo tell what, if anything, of the chaos remains?"

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
"...And what would be your reaction if I told you that was one of the last of the Chaos Youkai?" Yukari begins to stand, her power slowly coming back to her. "And what would be your reaction if I told you that the Border cannot be saved by Me, Reimu, or both of us?" Yukari closes her eyes, a gap beginning to form atop of her hand. Her parasol drops out onto her palm, she she promptly leans it on her shoulder.

"What would you say if I said that I almost died right there and then if it wasn't for the two of you?"

Aesera is silent, clenching her fists. Chaos was... relatively, no, much stronger then she thought. Maybe it wasn't using it's full strength against them. They took out Yukari, but...

"Rinnosuke was turned by these... These strange Youkai. I've never seen them before, lest know what they really are. I admit, they have some similarities to Nue, but compared to everything else, they're like aliens." Yukari swung her parasol. "The Border cannot be repaired until we stop whatever is trying to continue the spread of these... Chaos Youkai."

Gale wanted to voice out something along the lines of "These aren't Youkai!", but he is stopped by Aesera, wanting to hear Yukari's talk.

"I have my doubts, but evidence points to Rinnosuke. Chaos somehow, got to him, and used him to be the spearhead of this... This invasion." A large gap popped from beside the Embodiments, purple eyes weakly staring at them. Yukari hasn't fully recovered. Yet.

"Now let's go. I know you have friends outside the Border too. I'll get them to the nearest place I can bring you to."

The embodiments nod, and walk into the gap. Yukari leaves last, glancing and sighing heavily at the state of the Border.

"...To Heaven we go."
-

The once lush gardens and fields of Heaven are now filled with Corruption. Sickly green and darkness filled the eyes of the group. The Gensokyans arrived first, taking in the scene of horror. Tenshi was brought to tears, sobbing as Orin and Wriggle tried to calm her down. The Chaos Spawn looked on, almost as if it was happy. Kanako gritted her teeth and clutched her sword tightly. She wasn't one that would cry after seeing her fellow Gods, or at least, Celestials, be reduced to a pile of almost-dead, gibberblish-sprouting bodies. Corruption seared the very fabric of the Celestial's existence, threatening to turn them all at once.

She had been forced to slay quite a number of the insane before the embodiments and Yukari arrived. Tenshi just stared in the madness. The Wriggle, Utsuho and Orin could'nt do much but look away, or attempt to comfort the sobbing girl. Gaps appeared on the ground of Heaven. The trio appeared. Yukari's face remained distraught and sad. The embodiments just had their mouths agape.

« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »
"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn-"

Mystia cranked her jaw open contentedly. Her skin felt prickly from the lack of any water for almost two days, and she just wanted to dip herself in boiling water just to get rid of the feeling. She found Vante sitting beside a certain asthmatic, shut-in bookworm, but staring at her, the bird, intently. He made no signal to acknowledge that she had woken up.

"Oh yeah, best nap ever!" Mystia stretched her arms up, shaking her hands while she was at it. "Now, what I really need is a bath..."

"You should. You haven't even changed your clothes yet." In case she would actually take his advice, Vante got ready to stand up and accompany her. Patchouli, whom he had been chatting with earlier, gave him a thoughtless glance before staring at the ceiling once more.

"Heck yeah, I will! What time is it, anyway?"

"...I have no idea. I never really noticed when I was out."

"Wait, you went out?" Mystia shot up from the floor, her arms holding her extra change of clothes fast to her. "What did I miss?"

"You missed Wriggle, her friend, and a really long story."

The night sparrow paused to consider this, but shrugged and got a move on anyway. "I know exactly where to go," she said out loud.

"Oh gosh, it's actually happy." Wriggle frowned at the tamed Chaos spawn in disgust. Even if it was under her control, it seemed to share the mindset of all its mindless brethren. "And I've never been so sick of blood before," she added grimly.

Attempts at calling for any faction of the Heaven insects turned up very few survivors, as practically all of them had fled to who-knew-where. They were probably hiding underground. And after a much strained conversation with the most pompous and condescending jerks this side of the world- I swear that the Celestials were rubbing off them- they had nothing to tell. All they knew was that it came too fast and without warning, and that there was almost no resistance against the invaders.

Then the humans and Yukari popped in. "Welcome to Heaven," the insect youkai deadpanned, "although I don't think it is anymore." The Chaos spawn looked at them listlessly as if it had forgotten something, while Wriggle was trying very hard to keep still. The spawn might remember to attack them- and all of them, for that matter.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #448 on: February 17, 2012, 01:56:20 AM »
"Right," Aesera said, "time for a change of plans. Yukari, my original intent was to travel to the outside world in search of Mima, as I believe her to be there. Now, however, the plan is changing. Kanako, contact everyone. Tell them that we're gathering in heaven. Anyone who's engaged in important business may conclude it first. Instruct them to tell you when they're ready to come, at which point Yukari can gap them here."

"Why?" Kanako asked. "What are we doing?"

"It's time for a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking."

Tenshi stoped crying and spoke, and her tone was one of anger. And eagerness. "Good. They'll pay for this."

[Everyone, Kanako sent, [we're going to mount an offensive. Conclude any truly important buisness you may have, then tell me you're ready, and Yukari will bring you to us.] "It's done."

"Good," Aesera said. "Yukari, Kanako will tell you who's ready to come. I trust you can bring them here. Also, two questions. FIrst, do you know anything about people suddenly knowing things they shouldn't? Because that happened to me just before entering the border. And second," she took out her cell phone, "can you do any sort of border trickery to make it so I can make and recieve calls from the outside world? I may not be heading there myself, but I know someone who can look for Mima in my place. I just need to contact her."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:43:06 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
(Tenshi. From sobbing into "YEAH LET'S KICK SOME ASS." Don't you think that's too much of a change? I request an edit. I mean yeah, she's tsundere and stuff but... :|)

"Everyone, Kanako sent, [we're going to mount an offensive. Conclude any truly important buisness you may have, then tell me you're ready, and Yukari will bring you to us."

"Exxxcellent."

The darkened figures shuffle around, grinning.

"According to plan. Not like the others will hear the call, anyway. Those fools don't know that they've been blocked out."

"But sire, they have Yukari!"

"She will not matter. We can just turn her, anyway. Now, dispose of this... piece of trash."

"Yes, sire."

"...Mongrel! Turning your back on me?! We aren't even done, Rinnosuke."

"Oh, I believe Meiling and Byakuren will be more then enough for you."

"...You're just afraid."

"Of my plan being foiled by you, yes. We're both technically Gods, so anything can happen."

"You lost your arms and a leg. You still think you can go on?"

"I have told you. Chaos is me, and I am Chaos."

"...And I will bring him back from you."

Tentacles sprout from Rinnosuke's wounds, forming new limbs. "Let's see if you can. One of the embodiments will die, anyway. An-"

"I'll not let that happen."

Rinnosuke glares at the Child of God, gritting his teeth. "WE'LL SEE."
-

Alice and Alyssa left the shrine in silence. They ventured out towards the Forest of Magic, encountering little to no resistance by the Chaos Spawns that roamed the road down the Hakurei Shrine and in the Human Village. The forest's edge was corrupted beyond measure. Every tree on the outer layer, closest to the other areas of Gensokyo, were covered with either acidic bile, or dark Corruption. They passed through Alice's house, relatively unharmed and free of Chaos' touch. The mushrooms that grew deeper in the forests seemed to be rather untouched too. Even some grew in places where Corruption had seeped in. The duo had checked the interior of Alice's home, finding it to be true to their assumptions. It was left as it was days ago. Just minutes from Alice's home, was Marisa's.

Unlike Alice's, the witch's house looked like it had just been ransacked. Or Marisa had fled. Knowing her, she would just have gathered everything she could to fight against the invaders, and set off in search of them. Who knows where she could have went or currently is now, but Marisa, having handled many incidents along with Reimu, should be able to take care of herself...

The Embodiment and the Puppeteer walked the path towards the Road of Reconsideration. The youkai that would roam the place have fled, but the place showed no signs of Corruption. either Marisa flew through here towards the Higan, or something scared them off...

(TBC)
-

"Aesera. Don't tell me what to do. I know what to do. Furthermore, you should know that my powers haven't fully returned yet." Yukari waves her free hand in a circle, a gap forming above Aesera. The gap grows in size until it could swallow the embodiment in an instant. Purple light begins to shine on her.

"Make your calls. Do what you must."

(Clearly I have no idea what to reply next. I want to see what you can do. Also, Crow. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MYSCHI AAAAA)