Author Topic: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc III.  (Read 134018 times)

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
Re: The Elements Of Gensokyo: Act One, Arc 2ED and 3
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »
(Decent post will have to wait for Thursday, since my exams end on Wednesday and it'll probably take me a day or two to work it out. If you don't care and only want a half-assed reply... well... Alice will have something to say about that)
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »
Mokou clenched her teeth, glaring at the enemies before her. Slowly her head lowered, eyes hidden and a frown upon her face.
"...Hey Vante" She spoke just loud enough to hear. "I hope your armor is fire resistant."
Her voice is devoid of light, devoid of positivity. Her cheerfulness has completely vanished. Fire began to swirl around the immortal's body faintly. Her entire body began to glow crimson. Fire began to creep across the ground, spreading out from where Mokou was standing. She raised her crimson colored eyes toward Cirno.

At that moment, the air seemed to explode outward from Mokou.
And within an instant, flames were everywhere.
They danced vigorously with the taste of oxygen. They devoured it, not leaving enough for anyone within the fiery cage to breathe.
The immortal's sharp gaze pierced into the fairy's soul mercilessly.
"Shall we play by the rules? Or would you prefer a traditional fight to the death?" She said to Cirno, her voice as sharp as her gaze.

Just then something slammed into Mokou's back, she turned to see Rhiseza's altered body slide to the ground. Mokou raised her her eyes in the direction which the girl had come flying.
There she saw Patchouli float gently out of the darkness of the buildings shattered shell. Her body covered with crystals pulsating with light and energy. Her expression devoid of all emotion.

Mokou's eyes flickered with irritation. There's no end to this is there... She thought to herself. She turned back to Cirno, her eyes sharper than before. She silently waited for the fairy's reply, ready to react and counter whatever would come next.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2011, 11:36:35 AM »
Waiting on a few people as I crop out a summary of stuff and battle scenes.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2011, 07:17:44 PM »
Hirenko was brought out of her trance by the sharp pain brought on by being slapped across the face, coupled by shouting.  Out of pure instinct, shielded her face with her arms and scrambled backwards to keep herself from being hit.  Once she was at a safe distance she she took her arms away from her face and took a few deep breaths.  There was probably a red mark on her face, but she had come to her senses.

"I'm awake!  I'm awake!" she cried as she felt around for the Shadow Blade.  Once she gripped the handle, she pulled the sword back to her almost protectively.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »
"Good," Aesera said. "Try to wake Rumia up, will you? I've got my own partner to wake."

Aesera continued to call Kanako mentally, but now she called to her verbally, as well. She did the exact same thing she'd done with Hirenko: she yelled a bit, slapped Kanako across the face, and continued yelling.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2011, 02:06:55 AM »
Hirenko watched as Aesera yelled and slapped Kanako across the face, cringing a bit.  She looked over at Rumia, who was still frozen, and then back at Aesera.  She hesitated, gripping the Shadow Blade, and chewed on her lip.  Then, she stood up, walked over to Rumia, and attempted to wake her up in a way that did not involve violence.

"Hey, hey, listen, hey, listen," Hirenko chanted, tugging Rumia's sleeve.  "Hey, listen.  Rumiaaaaa..."  She raised her voice a bit.  Annoying, yes, but it could work.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2011, 03:35:06 AM »
Rhiseza stumbled to her feet, facing the crystal-armored Patchouli once more. The shot was definitely painful, but not near the degree it could, indeed, should have been.
"Sorry about that, Mokou. I'll try to keep her off of you."
How do you intend on doing that?
Some of her shots ignore the chains when we use them as a shield, and other than dodging them, which might leave them to hit someone else, there's not much of a way around.
Then what do you propose...?
I think we should turn the tables on her.
... My, my. Violent tonight, aren't we?

She took a chain in each hand and ran towards Patchouli, moving off to a different angle such that stray shots wouldn't hit Mokou. Fortunately this was the correct decision; she hopped right just in time to avoid a concentrated group of shots.
"I hope that armor of yours isn't just for show!"
Two of her chains lashed out, the armor cracking slightly under both of them in the same location. Satisfied, she quickly moved off to distance herself, narrowly dodging several bursts of shots off to her right.
So single-point attacks aren't the best idea.
Noted. Suggest a larger area effect to maximize damage.
I hate it when you do that.
... What?

The chains lashed out vertically in opposite directions, and, true to her predictions, the armor was damaged just as much over a much wider area. Patchouli's expression remained.. Not there, regardless.
So that had the desired effect... On the armor at least...
We're just keeping her focused on us long enough for Youmu to wake up...

(Yes, she's talking to herself. Mentally. Yes, she's always done this. Yes, it's short. Yes, I'll write more later.)

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19:13 AM »
"Alyssa! Get behind me!" Alyssa backed away, Mira breaking free from her grasp. Battle cried for the doll. Alice pulled at the strings, the dolls forming a wall around them. She watched the demonic figure before her; Daiyousei never looked like that before. Either way, she was a far more deadly threat than she ever seemed to be before, and Alice recognised that.

"COME AT ME!" yelled the emerald creature before them, energy flowing as freely as water from her body of pure magic. Beams of green energy burst forth from the ground around them, Daiyousei was getting serious.

"You asked for it!" More energy flowed through the strings that Alice's fingers meticulously controlled.

A single doll, Hourai, flew forth to Daiyousei with a large spear straight at her, followed in a V-formation by four other dolls which had a similar purpose, to impale the beast. These were all controlled by Alice's left hand.

Flying above these dolls were two France dolls, firing a steady stream of danmaku at the Daiyousei before them. Right in front of Alice and Alyssa was Shanghai, standing ready for battle. However, Shanghai was not entirely controlled by Alice, rather by Mira, who had taken control of the doll willingly and was - through the string - supplying Alice with supplemental energy. (For all intents and purposes this shall be called the Mirahai doll) Funny... two dolls which seemed connected to Alice's fingers went missing.

"Hardly a CHALLENGE!" With a flourish, Daiyousei sent a speeding, undulating wall of energy at the group, quickly taking care of the five charging dolls. Alice used that period to cause a doll - which had been running under the building the entire time since Daiyousei revealed her true form - to burst under Daiyousei, surprising the fairy and the impact scaring her into flying a few metres into the air. "Don't even try it."

"I like it when you say that."

From the considerable hole that was rent open from Alice's doll burst forth a doll, charging straight at Daiyousei from under.

"Magic Sign "Artful Sacrifice"!"

Immediately, Daiyousei disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"Be proud that you prompted me to use my extra-long wire. It's more difficult to control, but far too worth it to pass off."

Silence.

And then a sinister laughter.

"Do you... really think that hurt me?"

The figure... the green mass of energy...

Remained completely intact.

"I'm sorry, but you have yet to hurt me. Try harder, magician." Daiyousei's arms of energy burst forth at Alice, who pulled the Mirahai doll in front of the beam. It smashed into it with great impact, forcing it to crash into Alice. Despite being completely invulnerable, Daiyousei had managed to use the Mirahai doll to her advantage. She may not have been smart, but this simply proved her strength was overwhelming. From the outset of the situation, it did not look pretty for the doll girls.

(I prefer writing the fight scene myself. I'm just posting first to let you slowly read instead of all at once)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:21:28 AM by XinXin »

« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »
(OOC: Just a short post. I'm also going to end with that line I wrote at the bottom, so that YJ can pick up from there.)

"Oh, wow! It's Cirno, of all people!" Mystia scoffed, clearly not intimidated by the fairy's display of power, "If you say that annoying joke of yours, I'll give your face a lovely makeover!"

She began releasing her signature spiral pattern, but Vante quickly pulled her back as Flandre came shooting down from the sky at them. His scythe was nowhere to be seen.

This time, it was Mystia's turn to be irritated as she lashed out at the vampire, shouting angrily as she did. She easily wrenched herself out of Vante's grasp as she began clawing Flandre.

"Owie, that hurt!" Flandre whined. While the bird's first few slashed did connect with her, the rest were easily pushed back. With a quick flourish, she fired off a bullet that sent Mystia staggering backwards.

The bird felt  a burning sensation torturing her stomach. This was when she started letting out more angry curses. Before she could resume attacking, Vante's scythe came flying from the side, slamming into Flandre's quickly drawn sword. The person in question was standing in the sidelines, having moved there since the melee began.

[These aren't the people we should fight. It's still at nighttime, remember?]

[What do you mean? They came here to kill humans! You heard them yourself!]

Mystia shot of a generic string of bullets at Flandre, thinking that it would hit her dead on. To her dismay, Flandre caught sight of it and hopped backwards, causing the bullets to knock Vante's scythe off. Mystia cursed again.

[Just blind all of them. Don't face them head on.]

The night sparrow complied and began another spiral pattern, singing at the same time. Flandre did not dodge the sweeping columns of bullets, but merely knocked away any incoming ones with either her bare fist or with Laevateinn.

"Aw, you're no fun, little birdie. I'll show you how to do it!"

Yet again, Vante's scythe began flying from the side at Flandre. But now, Flandre, instead of blocking it, batted it away with her own weapon.

"Do you really think that works?" Flandre began zipping from one place to another, releasing three rings of danmaku with every change of location.

Mystia ceased firing and singing, and the nightblinding magic began to take effect again.

"Booooooooring. Just like Mokou's danmaku." This was just a bluff, of course, because Mystia was having a hard time dodging Flandre's attack. All of the bullets she dodged were already leaving tears in her clothing as they passed.

[Hey, Vante, keep throwing that scythe at Flandre. I'll go lead her away from you.]

She swiped the air in front of her, conjuring more spiral patterns. She moved away from her partner's position, forcing Flandre to move even more and luring her as well. It was hardly a problem for the vampire, as she continued destroying bullets that came too close to her.

Of course, with a lot of bullets hitting and grazing him, Vante was not having a great time.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
(Since Sampson hasn't posted and XinXin wants to write the fight scene, you guys do that and put in that the two of you somehow appear in this area \/)

Cirno stood silently, blue flames burning around her body. Black entrails flailing about on the ground, emerging from the rocks and dirt. Ice froze under her feet, and the wind that blew from her direction was cold. Ice cold. All the rubble around her began to vibrate slowly. They began to rise in the ethereal, continuous shaking of Cirno's power. She was never this strong, only her ego was gigantic - almost the size of Gensokyo. However, now, she has the raw strength, along with the deep, rumbling power of the ancients, to back her arrogance up. The rumble floated up, practically exploding into blue flames. Cirno's eyes leaked those very same flames. From the corners of her eyes, blue flames trailed up and floated into the skies, shimmering in the red sunlight. Jolts of dark blue energy traversed her skin and clothes, echoing that very same notion of power.

"I..."

Cirno throws her head back, almost in a dwarf's heartily laugh. But what came out was much sinister, much more... Corrupted. Her earlier, silky voice that resembled Rumia's was replaced. Replaced with a venerating, royal voice, that echoed from her throat. Cirno stretched her back, her wings shaking and burning with killing intent. Mystia and Mokou looked at Cirno for a moment, expecting her usual, arrogant catchphrase along with some pose and a smile. But no, that was not what they got.

"Will feast on your souls!"

At this moment, Mystia is sent flying directly at Cirno by a rogue, yellow curved beam that wrenched itself from the ground and shot upwards. Her mouth opens agape and her wings begin to beat, but it is of no use. Cirno pulls herself back and smiles at the incoming, pink-winged bird. Her fist begins to burn with the blue flames she is so akin to. With a swift movement of her muscles, Cirno throws her fist forward, connecting with Mystia's airborne body. "Feel the cold embrace..." Ice and flames begin to cover Mystia, beginning from her chest, where Cirno's fist landed. shockwaves echo throughout the area, rocks being thrown up into the air before bursting into flames.

"Of Death!" Cirno pushes her body forward, her wings bending back, flames dancing on their fiery toes. If fire could speak, it would be laughing. Laughing in corruption. Mystia is sent hurdling through the air once more, but Mokou catches her, standing and holding her position. Fear is in her eyes, but she does not back down. Adamant, Mokou slams her fists together. Wings of flame erupt from her back, their scorching tongues in a fight with the blue fire. A voice is heard. A loud shout, filled with pain and sorrow. Vante is pieced by his back by a long, brown, spear-like object. Colourful crystals hang on it, gnawing like a tree branch, it leads all the way to Flandre's back. She smiles.

"Your efforts are futile." Her voice is exactly like Cirno's. Deep, growling, yet it has the presence of a conqueror. Flandre stretches her arms and flexes them, low pitched growls are heard from the crystals. But upon closer inspection, they are cries. Cries of the souls of those fallen in the school.

"My harbingers will usher in a new age!" Flandre shouts, laughing and laughing in that deep voice. Flandre's wing is forcefully torn out of Vante as he colapses on the ground, shivering in pain, torment flowing all over his body. Flandre's brown claws spark with the same energy that danmaku has. Black eyes burst on the gaps of the crystals on her wings. They fidget and look everywhere, scanning the surroundings before closing shut. Cirno stands at the front, flaming rocks all around her, face-to-face to the Immortal. She smiles, her fists crackling with energy. Mokou grins. She's going to enjoy this fight, with a revitalized foe.

"Immortal." Mokou flinches. Cirno's voice is still that deep, horrible one. Her grin turns into one of rage and fury. There was no Cirno now. And perhaps, no more Flandre. "Oblivion is all that awaits you." she says, blue fire glowing in her eyes. Cirno's smile breaks apart, in an extremely... gruesome and disgusting manor. Blood splatters on the floor as her mouth looks like it's tearing itself apart. Skin is stretched and snapped. Teeth and pulled apart, and elongated, yellow and sharp. Revealing pair of mandibles on the sides of her mouth that can close together to form a mouthguard of sorts. Mokou looks back at Flandre, and she just smiles. Well, that big, oversized mouth already is enough for Flandre...

Mystia gets back on her feet, looking at both Cirno and Flandre, before flying up into the air, prompting just a glimpse from Cirno.

"It's alright, guys! We can win this!" Mystia shouts, her chest still hurting. At this moment, the air is forced out of her, and she instintively grabs whatever hits her. Wincing her eyes in the pain once more, she sees a shard of blue, from an emotionless Patchouli. She throws her head back and laughs in that deep voice that Cirno and Flandre have. Rhiseza is visible shocked, and even stumbles back a little. Mystia lands beside Vante, the ground shaking a little from a very hard landing.

"Foolish bird! I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... Do you think I am unable to kill all of you in an instant?!" Mokou turns to look at Patchouli, her body entirely on fire. The fire of anger and hatred.

"Then why do ya' d-"

"Because, Immortal." Patchouli stresses the latter heavily, almost as if she dispised the word. "It is much more fun, this way."

Rhiseza looks to her side. Youmu is beginning to recover and regain consciousness. On the other hand, that Vante is mortally wounded, but she has to face Patchouli... How... She blinks. Where did Patchouli go...?

The chains in her body shake, and Rhiseza jumps into the air, right as a big, black crystal bursts out of the ground beneath her. Along with it, Patchouli. The big crystal shatters into thousands of shards, and fly straight towards Rhiseza. She effectively blocks them by spinning, the chains disintegrating those that touch it. A tsh is heard from Patchouli, before a crack in the earth. As Rhiseza lands, she jumps back towards Vante, just as more black crystals burst from the ground. Youmu begins to open her eyes, her wounds have already closed up and the burn marks have disappeared. She grabs her katanas, and slowly rises. Patchouli raises an eyebrow at the weakened Youmu, before turning back to Rhiseza.

"So you can heal them... Without focusing?" Rhiseza turns her head, and notices that Vante's wound is slowly closing up. She didn't even have to do anything, but it looks like being around Rhiseza is a form of high speed healing. Mobile rejuvination, then. Vante's scythe rests atop his shoulder, and Flandre sits on nothing but air, actually being patient for once. Resisting the urge to just kill, she wants to play... Until Vante is broken, forever.

Finally, the three of them - Flandre, Cirno and Patchouli, speak as one. Their voices all the same, vibrating and deep, rumbling. Demonic and corrupted. "We are the completion of a cycle. Our role in the cosmic order was preordained when the stars were young. Behold the culmination of your history."

The ground shakes in the unleashed might of the ancients...

Back in the still-unbroken parts of the school, Sakuya smiles, trailing her finger over Nanaya's frozen face. Sakuya stands next to Nanaya, suddenly dropping her knives. Something in her snapped. Newan stands there, silent, awaiting. His blade flares, as Nazrin begins to stand next to him. Sakuya's motionless. Even the pocket watch drops from her hand. It lands on the floor, clattering before coming to a silent stop. It's slow ticking noise is the only sound in this silence. It's quiet. A little too quiet. Something is wrong with Sakuya. Newan pulls Nazrin back, slowly making steps backwards, his eye on Sakuya and Nanaya. And then, he stops. The area around him is the constantly moving, distorting space. A thousand knives float above on the celling in front of him, all the way from behind Sakuya to his toes. They slam and impale the ground, loud metal chings echo throughout the space.

And then, Sakuya snaps back. And she laughs. But that voice is not that of the Sakuya he once heard. It's deep. Dark. And filled with untold power. She stretches her hands forward as if inviting Newan and Nazrin to come closer. Newan's blade flares like twilight. He grits his teeth, and clenches his other fist. Nazrin's just beginning to recover too. She can move properly now, though. Sakuya laughs. "Entertaining! Entertaining! But the show is over."

The spacetime distorts further, is if in a blob of constantly moving water, the surroundings pulsate with raw might and entanglement. Nazrin begins to feel dizzy, but Newan does not falter.

"There is... No one left. To save you." The space seems to spike on the ground, where the knives once were. Nazrin falls out of the grasp of Newan and hits the floor. Sakuya smiles.

"All resistance... Will be eradicated!" Newan falls flat on the floor, his eyes closing as Sakuya steps closer and closer.

Nazrin and Newan awake. Mokou to the right, facing Cirno. Rhiseza to the left with Vante, facing Flandre and Patchouli. Mystia beside Vante. And Youmu, struggling to get up with her katanas. Sakuya appears in a flash of darkness, in front of them. The ground rocks with violent pulses of devastation. There's no holding them back. Now.
-

Rumia stands there, being irritated by Hirenko's "Heys' " and calling out. Aesera just slaps Kanako like she does to everyone else. Some would think that something's wrong with them, but a slap to the face is the most direct way of making the recipient of the slap notice and think when the sender says something. Rin had her head split open by Aesera right before they tried to "wake" their partners, and Rin apparently wasn't the cause of this. She stood there, obedient and silent.

The ground shook.

It rumbled under their feet. It echoed and screamed in pain with a thousand different voices. Hirenko falls to her knees, gripping her ears and head. She's the only one that can hear it. Again. And again. This was driving her insane. However, soon enough the voices stopped. Hirenko lifted her head up. And to her shock, Aesera was frozen. She would'nt move, she would'nt speak, and she would'nt react to anything. Something is wrong. Something is very wrong. The earth rumbled once more. Hirenko braced it this time, plugging her ears with her fingers.

However, when she pulled them out and opened her eyes, all she heard and saw was fighting. This wasn't the ruined cafe. This was the ruined school. She and Aesera were crouched down beside Newan and Nazrin. Kanako and Rumia stood up front, facing Rin. Whose head was not cut in half. What were those voices...?

"We have enough!" The corrupted shouted in unison. "Now! Face Chaos!"

They engaged.

(GOD THIS TOOK ME LIKE 3 HOURS WHILE DOING OTHER THINGS FUUUU-)

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2011, 02:20:21 AM »
OOC: Aesera actually decapitated Rin. Not that it's a big deal, though.

------------------------------------------

It seemed that Aesera's assumption had been in error. She was quick to adapt to the new situation, though. [Kanako, keep Rin occupied. I have a plan. I'm circling around behind her.]

Kanako did as instructed and attacked. [I hope your plan isn't just attacking from behind. It'll take more than that.]

[That's not a person,] Aesera replied as she moved. [That's why we couldn't kill her. We thought she was just another corrupted youkai, but she's not. None of our opponents right now are. This is the chaos, the same stuff we fought at the Hakurei Shrine. This is the actual chaos, not youkai it's corrupted. It's simply using these bodies as shells. We need to break the shells.]

[If we haven't broken this one yet, I don't know how we can.]

[The chaos has repaired the shell. But now that we know it's just a shell, I can strike at the chaos within it. And yes, it needs to be me, not you. You're in your element against other youkai, but with the actual chaos, it's us, the embodiments, who are effective against it. And I think I have a brand-new way to deal with it, too.]

[Then let's hope it works.]

----------

Aesera didn't waste any time; she moved in as soon as she had the chance. She formed her lance, single-pointed, and threw it with a yell. Rin spun around in response to the yell, only to take the lance directly in the chest. And then Aesera was on her.

Aesera didn't unform the lance. She left it in, and seperated the prongs. She took hold of it and spun it around before unforming it, leaving a bleeding hole in Rin's chest. Rin, or the chaos within her, just laughed.

Trying to intimidate me through seeming imperviousness. Good. It was that which had bought Aesera time to make the hole, and was that which would allow her to make her next move.

Azeri had said that the gods couldn't fight the chaos because it was part of them, or something along those lines; that's why the embodiments were needed. But they were embodiments of ones whose being was tied into that of the chaos somehow. Which would give the embodiments a connection to the chaos, a connection Aesera was about to use. She wasn't expecting this to be easy; she expected to end up in a mind-to-mind battle against her enemy. But she was fine with that, because if it came down to a battle of wills, she knew who would win. She didn't know anything about the will of her enemy, but she knew hers. She knew that she was someone who would never give up, no matter what. If she had to kill someone, she'd do it. If she had to kill ten people, a hundred, a thousand, she'd do it, and she wouldn't hesitate. If reaching her goal would cost her her own life, she'd do it. If it meant something worse than death, she'd do it. She would never quit, never back down.

"You didn't really think that would work, did you?" 'Rin' said.

"It already did."

Aesera focused on feeling the chaos within Rin, on drawing it into herself. And then, with all the strength she had, she thrust her hand into the hole in Rin's chest.

---------------------------------------------

OOC: In case it wasn't obvious, I'm going for the whole 'absorbing the chaos' thing. And if there is a mind battle, YJ, know that I was not exaggerating about Aesera's will. She wouldn't let anything distract her, wouldn't ever waver, so if there is a mind-to-mind encounter, please remember that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:32:14 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2011, 03:38:50 AM »
OOC: Aesera actually decapitated Rin. Not that it's a big deal, though.

Aesera focused on feeling the chaos within Rin, on drawing it into herself. And then, with all the strength she had, she thrust her hand into the hole in Rumia's chest.

---------------------------------------------

OOC: In case it wasn't obvious, I'm going for the whole 'absorbing the chaos' thing. And if there is a mind battle, YJ, know that I was not exaggerating about Aesera's will. She wouldn't let anything distract her, wouldn't ever waver, so if there is a mind-to-mind encounter, please remember that.

First, sorry about forgetting it was decapitation. Second. WHY YOU ATTACK RUMIA? Edit it. Hurr. And you want to reuse the Chaotic Link. Mmm, I'll have some fun with that. You should've remembered that you could only do it once. And you've used that one-time absorb already. But leave it at that. Time to write.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2011, 04:03:55 AM »
(OOC: Actually, I don't recall anyone ever using the chaotic connection. Mind giving an example?)

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2011, 04:36:38 AM »
Yeah, Aesera never used it. I thought it might happen in the first battle, so I prepped for it, but it didn't happen (we instead got our weapons and all that), and there hasn't been an opportunity since (mainly because Aesera didn't have a reason to think it was possible).

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2011, 05:09:22 AM »
(OOC: Actually, I don't recall anyone ever using the chaotic connection. Mind giving an example?)

*Slap* You. J0000. Used Chaos Absorbin' Plus MoAS achievement = Psionic Blade.

« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »
YJ, may I ask for a link to the post where each of us used our chaotic connection, if we did do that? I don't recall ever using mine, either.

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2011, 10:00:15 AM »
((Haven't so much as thought about mine. Hell, haven't even tried to contact my other half. Not going to for a while yet))

((Will post once I think of a way to make the fight scene more epic and not as one sided))

((Also YJ, You forgot that Squawks used an achievement))

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »
Yeah, made a mistake. Techniqually, Squawkers is the only one that used his CC. Hurr. My bad. AND STOP SAYING SQUAWKERS USED AN ACHIEVEMENT LET IT REST ALrEADY I KNOW WHUT TO DO.

« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »
YJ, I believe an update is in order. Please don't shoot me.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »
YJ, I believe an update is in order. Please don't shoot me.

FUGGIN RAEGSAUSE GDI -URD -URD -URD -URD -URD

...orz. First page updated.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2011, 04:14:35 PM »
Hm... While all I recall that thing being was "Achievement get, achievement use, sword get once the fight happens" I suppose I won't argue. For now. Because all I remember of leading up to the sword get that would be pertinent is using the achievement, hand throbbing, hitting Chaos with a dowsing rod, then sword get. If I'm derping out and there was something else, feel free to tell me. :derp:

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2011, 01:34:33 AM »
All these things keep happening to me and it's really quite annoying.

Just then, a needle whizzed past Gale's head, into the black border.  He quickly ran to it and snapped it off.  He could conceivably keep on doing this forever, but the needles were coming at too large a rate.  And why would he want to spend the rest of his life snapping off needles?  Seriously.

Gale tried to focus his energy, launching light bullets at an area of the border where a small cluster of needles were stuck.

Well, nothing else to try...

He heard Koakuma's obnoxious laughter.

And would she cut that out?

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2011, 03:33:19 AM »
Alice crawled up from the floor, standing firmly up again as she pulled her dolls along. Alyssa could only stand and watch, only having a semblance of control in the battle because of her Mira doll. Even then, she was under her own control most of the time, and Alyssa could not argue with the choices she made.

"Stay down!" A cruel laugh burst out, "Energy Sign 'Emerald Grave!'" Several beams started flying out, converging on the two girls. There was no escape, Alice was still far too shaken to get out of range. She pulled out a range of dolls, all crashing into the beams trying to halt it to no avail. There was only one final outcome.

"MIRA! ABSORB ALL THE BEAMS!" The doll ripped apart from Shanghai, again becoming a separate being. It charged into the mass of beams, taking the hit from each and every one, taking absolutely no damage from any. Alyssa's mind worked fast, controlling Mira speedily, catching each and every one of the beams without fail. Light flashed as the beams crashed into Mira, all failing against the invulnerable beast that faced them.

Alice took this time to start setting up dolls all over the place. The light acted as a good shelter, a good way to hide her dolls as she planned a cunning defeat of this adversary. She required something greater than mere tricks. Alice would pull out her ultimate card if need be.

OOC: So... where do you want me to go? Basically i'mma just blast the hell out of Daiyousei, and if you need me anywhere she will get smashed and then escape and I'll chase with Alice. If not, I'll just write moar and moar fighting from there. Just wanted to check.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »
(XINXIN. WE PLAYED DOTA. DAIYOUSEI HAS THE SAME ABILITIES AS ENIGMA. BLACK HOLE. STUNS. SUMMON MOAR CHILDREN. And eventually get everything to freeze and suddenly you appear where everyone else is.)

(Sampson. You see my gigantic text wall? Read the first sentence of OOC)

« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2011, 04:31:14 AM »
Mokou gazed at the monster before her, unfazed by her horrendous transformation. As she spoke her seemingly new catchphrase, Mokou grinned widely. "That's more like it" She said, a hint of excitement in her voice. As she held out her hand, flames burst forth from it, eating away the oxygen around it.
She watched as Mystia was dragged towards the monster, as if she was a frozen sun. As her frostfire fist connected with the bird, she was sent flying straight at Mokou. Mokou caught the sparrow with ease, one hand stuffed in her pocket like always. She gazed at Cirno dully. Atleast 20 remarks had to have sped through her head in just a second, but the immortal kept quiet, carefully watching her enemy. Once Mokou was sure Mystia was sufficiently conscious, she pushed her aside, flames igniting on her body. As she heard the scream, she turned her head and looked towards Vante. His body pierced with Flandre's mutated wing.
Mokou frowns before turning her attention back to Cirno. Slowly a sly grin slides across her face.
As the fairy speaks, Mokou's grin widens almost instantly, a low laugh escaping from her lips.
"Oblivion?! Why would I be afraid of something like that?" She says mockingingly."Oblivion has surrounded me ever since I drank that damned elixir!" Mokou shouts, the fires expanding rapidly, circling the area. Her crimson eyes, burning with energy.

As the two engage, a shockwave spreads out from their bodies, ice and fire expanding and dancing vigourously. The two strike matching blows for and also endless amouth of time. Eventually they both stop, glaring each other down for atleast a mintune. Then, the two of them dash forward.
Cirno reaches a clawed hand out towards Mokou, attempting to crush her skull in a single blow.
However, the immortal swiftly sidesteps the blow, grabbing Cinrno's arm, and in a swift movement, twisting it back.
As she does so Cirno lets out a weak yelp. Mokou shoves her to the ground without a second to lose. And in the next moment, the sounds of a snap along with a crushing sound can be heard.
Cirno vocalizes her pain, quickly biting her lip to resist the pain.
Mokou smirks slyly as she pushes her heavy boot onto the back of Cirno's ribcage. Slowly she increases the pressure on Cirno's body, her smirk turning into a grin in the process. A low horrendous sound could be heard, followed by muffled snaps, as the pressure increased. Bones began to break, organs were being smothered. However, Mokou didn't stop, and neither did her slowly widening grin.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:24:06 AM by Sonae »

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
(OOC: Only one more question before I type this thing up. Did Nanaya warp with Newan and Nazrin?)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2011, 02:41:26 AM »
(OOC: Only one more question before I type this thing up. Did Nanaya warp with Newan and Nazrin?)

Nooooo

Nueeeeeeeen

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2011, 03:08:59 AM »
Flandre caught Mokou beating on Cirno and flew over to pummel the immortal. In a single motion, she shoulder bashed Mokou at a speed that could easily outrun a car. But she didn't stop with that; after knocking Mokou off, she extended her wings in the same way in which she stabbed Vante, the brown extensions traveling quickly at the immortal.

"Oh yeah? I'm oblivion! Now, be afraid!" Flandre's laugh sounded as if she had ingested too much sugar and became much older.

Mystia watched this as she was in the air. Vante was, as usual, on the ground, but he was watching the fight in its entirety.

[Mystia, aren't you afraid of getting shot down from up there?]

[Yeah, I am, but they don't know that.]

[You're bluffing again?]

[Yep!]

"Well, here goes nothing. Go, my little pretties!" Mystia, after some time for concentration, released magic birds from herself. The birds flew down, seeking for prey to hit. As she moved about, she followed this up with a dissonant song that would blind the corrupted opponents.

Flandre, who was absorbed in the act of trying to kill Mokou, did not see the birds coming for her. They slammed into her, but had almost no effect except for making the vampire flinch and become annoyed. She averted her attention to the night sparrow.

Vante then threw his scythe at Flandre. Its blade circled continuously, slashing Flandre, who could not see it in time.

"Raaaaah!" Flandre screamed in pain. She retaliated by sending out a flaming arc of magic in Vante's direction. He barely dodged it, the flame scalding him despite his armor. He drew his two sticks, moving towards the sides of the fight.

Familiars rained down on the corrupted; Mystia had fired them earlier. The bullets they left behind peeled off their position, scattering in random directions. Mystia moved more this time and fired more strings of bullets.

[What are you doing, Vante? You're not doing anything useful.]

[If they notice me, they'll probably split up. It'll be easier to deal with a few of them than all of them. We have to keep moving.]

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2011, 06:08:08 AM »
Mokou jolted up in time to see the vampire's oncoming lunge. She leapt back and thrust her hands forward. Then the two forces met.
Mokou had grabbed hold of the so called wings that stuck out of Flandre's back. The force of the impact sending Mokou sliding across the ground. Diust happily leapt high into the air.
Flandre laughed psychotically, eyes wide, and a jagged grin spread across her face.
Mokou grimaced, clenching her teeth tightly in an attempt to ignore the pain. Her hand were bleeding heavily, but she couldn't let Flandre stab her. She absolutely would not allow it.
Eventually the two slowed to a stopp just before hitting a solid wall. Mokou glared at Flandre as if she was trying to kill her with her sharp gaze alone.
Fortunately for the immortal, Vante had thrown his Scythe towards the crazed and corrupted being before her. It spun around, tearing the flesh open on her back.
The vampire howled in pain. She spun around glaring at her new target. Then she whizzed through the air, flying towards her target in the same manner which she had just used on Mokou
Mokou let out a deep sigh of relief, her body faltering for a moment, falling onto one of her knees. She gasped for air. Red liquid dripped onto the ground, staining the dirt with a dark red color. After regaining her breath, she brought her hand up and looked at the wound.
It was deep, having ripped through the muscles and scratched the bones. Mokou clicked her tongue in annoyance. Slowly, she rose to her feet, being carefull not to cause anymore pain to her hands. The immortal took a deep breath, her serious expresson returning. She shot her sharp glare at Cirno, who was now back on her feet as if nothing had happened.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:59:38 PM by Sonae »

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2011, 02:04:21 PM »
One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Thirteen. Fourteen. Fifteen. Sixteen. Seventeen.

"You'll never beat me! You're all weaklings! Weaklings!" Daiyousei whined as she created a gigantic field of energy that shot out excessive amounts of danmaku, from below. Alice had no time to set her twentieth doll, she had to get in the air in order to escape this. Alyssa was carried by Mira, who was perfectly capable of carrying her weight.

"Alyssa, you find a safe place and stay there. I'll handle Daiyousei." Alice nervously pulled at her strings, hopefully not notifying her admittedly stupid adversary.

Seventeen dolls were set by Alice. Twenty were the required dolls for Alice to perfectly execute her spellcard. Not to mention the amount of preparation that she had to do in setting all the perfect positions. Alice needed time, and it was not on her side. Thankfully, she had managed to cloak all her dolls among the surroundings, giving her more time than she would if it was just during the distractions. All she had to do was perfectly position them, add the other three dolls into their ranks, and then raise them into the sky and into their positions all at once. It was undeniably Alice's best card in her book. She had two fingers, one to control a doll normally and the other at partial ability due to the burden of another doll., the rest were burdened with the full load of two dolls each. Ultimately, she would have to think of an extremely daring tactic. One that required her greatest brain cracking.

"It's one against one, eh?" Daiyousei stared at Alice, a mocking stare. "Not anymore!" She giggled insanely, and from that mass of energy spawned one, two, five, no fifty Daiyouseis! "Let's play!" A large array of danmaku flew at Alice, unforgivably dense.

"Only one way to get out of this... Don't fail me now, Hourai!" Alice raised a spellcard. "Crimson Sign "Holland Doll"!" A doll flew out of Alice's hands and pulsated with extreme amounts of energy, pushing Alice to her limit.

"Hahahaha! One against a million?!" Daiyousei laughed as she flung her hand forward, commanding all the mirror images to commence their attacks. Holland flew around a bit, Alice getting used to controlling it.

"LET'S GO, HOLLAND!" Alice flicked her hand and a great 'X' appeared in front of Alice, spinning around and disintegrating mirror images left right and centre. Even Daiyousei had to watch her step. Alice threw a long-range doll at Daiyousei, using the next moment to place another doll.

Two dolls to go. A single finger was left for use.

"Explosion "Piercing Grip"!"

Immediately, Holland's massive energy was curbed, and after a few moments it exploded into a massive sphere of energy that threw out beams at every direction, curving and seemingly homing at Alice.

"I can't accept that!" Alice threw up another spellcard, evidently shakily. Alyssa could only watch helplessly as Mira protected her from all the stray attacks. Then she had an idea. "Doll "Futuristic Hourai"!" Alice threw out Hourai in front of her, who immediately started spinning and repelling the beams.

The beams kept coming, never stopping their advance upon Alice. However, Alice pushed Hourai forward with a lance pierce every once in a while, forcing the beams back as they advanced advanced. Eventually, Daiyousei relented, having realised that Alice was obviously able to handle this and it would be a waste of time and fun. Alice immediately imploded Hourai, both to conserve energy and to act as a smoke cover. Gunpowder created sufficient smoke for another doll to be set up.

One doll to go. Only partial control of her last finger, was it enough to do anything?

"I'm getting bored. Let's end this now!" Daiyousei yellled, and with a flourish flung up her hands.

"Void "Emptiness of All Existence"!" An extremely powerful black hole appeared in the middle of the battlefield. Alice struggled incredibly difficultly to hold back.

"Take this, fairy beast!" Alyssa charged, her body powered by Mira as she headbutted at a speed that was barely visible. She blasted the fairy high into the air, just in time to save Alice. The black hole persisted, but Alice did not give up.

All dolls set. Time to unleash!

"You're not getting away this time!" Alice tied herself with magically-enhanced string to the hour hand of the tower. "This is the end, Daiyousei!" Alice raised an incredibly elaborate spellcard. "THE PHANTOM OF THE GRAND GUIGNOL!" Immediately as she said this, all twenty dolls jumped out of their hiding places, all falling into formation around Alice. "FIRE!"

Alice calculated the suction of the black hole, such that she made it that the danmaku would fly around the black hole in a sort of a revolution, and smash Daiyousei in a curve. In both sides of the black hole, as such creating strategic value from a great disadvantage.

"No... Never..." The first chain of danmaku smashed Daiyousei in her face.

"I... can't..." The second chain of danmaku blasted her in the stomach, as she staggered in the air.

The third chain of danmaku, completely overwhelmed her all over her body, damaging her like nobody's business.

And before the fourth chain or the subsequent chains could finish her, time froze.

OOC: Aaaaand cue Katelin.