Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 332669 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.8 - NEW WORLD(S) )
« Reply #720 on: October 25, 2011, 12:13:53 AM »
OK, so I finally found a populated NPC Village...

..wait a second....

ALL HAIL LOLSQUID TOWN :getdown:

Also, Strafe removed the W2 warp mountain over the morning. I later put in a warp safehouse with workbench, furnace, and two small chests.

The hole in the ceiling is needed, or you'll arrive on the roof :V
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:15:37 AM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #721 on: October 25, 2011, 12:29:57 AM »
Some people build houses
Some people build sprites
Some people build music machines

EP builds.. an aquarium. :V

« Reply #722 on: October 25, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »
Another one of these? So soon? Really? *sigh*
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM DR.STRAFE

Since music composition in Minecraft is all the rage right now, I need to let you all know of a peculiar bug I noticed regarding Noteblocks. It seems that WorldEdit hates the little buggers, and gripes at me whenever I try to use them in conjunction with the plugin. Specifically, I cannot use WorldEdit to save, copy, or load ANY schematic that has a Noteblock AT ALL. It just won't let me, and spouts out some Java-related error. Looking into the situation, it seems that it is a bug within WorldEdit that the programmers don't feel pressed into fixing.

What does this mean? Well, I have bad news and weird news. The bad news is that any potential schematic must not have a noteblock anywhere inside of it. Any noteblocks therein must be removed prior to saving. You can store them in chests with no problem, they just cannot be placed in the normal world. To my knowledge, there are only a couple of noteblock projects that will need this treatment. AgentOfTheBSoD's "Border of Life" song, and Sunny's doorbell inside her flower shop. There might be more that I am not aware of. I apologize, but those blocks will need to be stored prior to the final saving for the update. Once in the new world, then they can be brought back out.

Now for the weird news. To completely conflict with what I had just said, I will be allowing one particular noteblock project to continue: Dr.Rawr's "Beloved Tomboyish Daughter" song that is under construction inside of PX's grinder.

We still have a few weeks before any of this comes to pass, but I felt the need to inform you all ahead of time.

EDITED because Rawr retired his song project..  :(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:52:02 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #723 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »
There is a note block in the milk bar in Hakutown. I placed it as a filler b/c shady nabbed the jukebox.
Knock it out if it causes issue. 

« Reply #724 on: October 25, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
There is a note block in the milk bar in Hakutown. I placed it as a filler b/c shady nabbed the jukebox.
Knock it out if it causes issue.
Noted. Yeah, that would've kept me from exporting the village. Thanks for the heads-up.

« Reply #725 on: October 25, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
well i dont know about my note block project, i think because it uses so much redstone and repeaters it causes itself to lag messing up the song. The notes are right, the placement is right, its just for some reason it just sounds like crap. If you listen closly at some parts you can tell its trying :V

edit: yup sometimes its playing 2 notes at once

edit2: it sometimes pauses :V

edit3: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Known_bugs#Note_Block
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:27:03 PM by Kaorawr Tanamachi »

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #726 on: October 25, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »
... any potential schematic must not have a noteblock anywhere inside of it.
Huh, I added a small 5 note chime to my Cube this morning (not even 6 hours before you posted)... guess I'll take the noteblocks away before you save the schematic, but I guess I can keep it for a while until then?

Oh, and my musical project will have to wait then (I haven't even completed it in SSP, so this is no issue at all).

Edit: And by the way, anyone here knowledgeable enough in redstone to tell me how I can have a Y shaped circuit go into, say, the left branch, and the second time into the right one?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:32:00 PM by Cykyrios »

« Reply #727 on: October 25, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
im considering just removing the note blocks, since server lag will prevent it from playing. i dont expect an actual fix to this  :fail:

« Reply #728 on: October 25, 2011, 07:43:49 PM »
So I see someone tried to enter my bank. Anyone wanna fess up? :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #729 on: October 25, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
Ah, my fault there. Need that TNT reimbursed?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:32:57 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #730 on: October 25, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »
Crazy Tengu Burglar always take pics of the crime.

:getdown:

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #731 on: October 25, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »
I knew there would be a trap there, considering how EP was talking about how it wasn't guarded. I just assumed lava bath trap, myself.  :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #732 on: October 25, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
Huh, I added a small 5 note chime to my Cube this morning (not even 6 hours before you posted)... guess I'll take the noteblocks away before you save the schematic, but I guess I can keep it for a while until then?
Oh yeah. You guys can keep your noteblocks around for now. They will just need to be taken down whenever we get ready for the transfer.

well i dont know about my note block project, i think because it uses so much redstone and repeaters it causes itself to lag messing up the song. The notes are right, the placement is right, its just for some reason it just sounds like crap. If you listen closly at some parts you can tell its trying :V

Yeah, Agent's song has similar issues, even with it being a smaller scale project (for now). It doesn't "hang" every time, but whenever it does, it's quite noticeable.  At least now we know what was causing all of those pauses in the notes when the "PX7" music machine was on.

So I see someone tried to enter my bank. Anyone wanna fess up? :V
SELF-DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED. :V

« Reply #733 on: October 25, 2011, 09:35:19 PM »
well i decided not to let it go to waste and just gonna place 100's of doors in it and have them all flip open and closed

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #734 on: October 25, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »

:ohdear:
I knew about the lag spikes that pause it for a second, but stopping entirely?
This is not good at all.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #735 on: October 26, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
OK, this is your friendly crazy journalist crow EP making the report of the morning.

1> People seem to love trying to break into the bank vault in Houraiville (alternative names include Dollas and Dollstown). Since the first mentioned incident we've had at least 3 more occur, one of which caused more damage than expected thanks to user error. Advice - don't rob vault, and I'd improve the detection mechanism to be not so destructive (obsidian maybe?).

2> PX's grinder was turned to a mob shotgun but has faced a vicissitude of problems, namely mobs attacking each other and creeper-bombing the loading mechanism. I'd stay clear of the grinder for now as it seems to be under repairs amid one such affair (and more arising from failed fixing attempts), last time I checked.

3> AFK party is the new main thing now amongst the late-night/early morning (server time) population (namely, Shady and I are the major participants).

4> Strafe seems to be in support of the Shelves mod, as am I. I think it adds on considerably to decoration ability, and would be especially useful for shopkeepers and homeowners. The only problem? Like the revolver mod I recommended, it does not seem SMP compatible (again, use of Modloader but not the SMP-oriented ModloaderMp).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:04:53 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #736 on: October 26, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
So, it seems that everyone that was working on a noteblock project has scrapped their project. I didn't mean to scare you guys into quitting them all together! Nah, I know what's going on. Agent is looking for a bigger location, and Rawr's didn't come out as expected.  :( Hopefully it can be resurrected to save us from the endless flapping doors.

I also need to tell you guys about another bug that seems to happen through importing. I'm sure you've probably heard me mention it before, but I feel that I need to reiterate. When importing the schematics, Pistons have a tendency to reorient themselves into facing downward. This causes all sorts of craziness with piston machines. However, it is easily fixed. Just correct the piston's placement again.

I haven't quite isolated the cause of the problem (WorldEdit vs MC Edit, or even the use of schematics themselves), but I am still looking into it. Actually, I've had a couple instances to where the pistons inside of the Wool Center re-oriented themselves without any schematic work at all. It blew my mind because that area is protected, and only I can modify the mechanism.

Anyway, I'm not going to throw up the same warning message that I did yesterday about "avoiding" noteblocks. I can still save schematics with pistons.. just expect to have a little bit of maintenance work ahead of you once it is imported. Some mechanisms are going to be a pain to repair. (I'm lookin' at you, PX Elevator) Also, keep in mind that pistons can push up to 12 blocks at once, so this might disrupt any redstone work or structure design.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:12:23 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #737 on: October 26, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
Nah its fine, unlimited door works is just as entertaining. But finding out server lag can cause extended note block usage to sound iffy was a disapointment.

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #738 on: October 26, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
Strafe seems to be in support of the Shelves mod, as am I.
I learned about this mod yesterday and I am in 100% support too. Too bad if it doesn't work on SMP, though :V
So, it seems that everyone that was working on a noteblock project has scrapped their project. I didn't mean to scare you guys into quitting them all together!
I hadn't quite announced it, but I'll be recreating Illusionary Night from Imperishable Night, and hide it all in a huge box that will be used to sprite.

When importing the schematics, Pistons have a tendency to reorient themselves into facing downward.
Woah, PX's elevator will be a huge pain to repair... Luckily I will at worst have to replace 6 pistons.

« Reply #739 on: October 26, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »
If you happen to find a way to get around the server lag problem id like to know also  :D

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #740 on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:04 PM »
Nah its fine, unlimited door works is just as entertaining. But finding out server lag can cause extended note block usage to sound iffy was a disapointment.
So, no more PX-7IIFD, and instead we get the RawrX-5. (referring to both the Yamaha DX7IIFD and RX-5, respectively)

I learned about this mod yesterday and I am in 100% support too. Too bad if it doesn't work on SMP, though :V
Off to either find a version of such a mod that uses ModloaderMp, at the least.
One catch with installing mods that use ModloaderMp - client-side, everyone would then have to install the client versions of both the mod and ModloaderMp, along with any other mods used by the former (such as Turbo Model if we wanted planes).

I'd also install ModloaderMp on the server jar just in case. We can then discuss what mods to put in later.

As for pistons, I have 43 deployed ATM but as they are all facing downward already it isn't as much of a problem for me.
Bad command or file name

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #741 on: October 26, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
I'll need to do some door and trap maintenance after we move, it seems.   :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #742 on: October 26, 2011, 10:24:37 PM »
I don't like the idea of having any client-side mods. It's a hassle for everyone.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #743 on: October 27, 2011, 02:04:43 AM »
Having everyone install mods on their own accord just to play on server is something I don't like either - I prefer server-side for content, client-side for per-user enhancements.

Some suggest that we make pre-modded minecraft.jar files and have users download them, but then support will be stuck with the creators of the prefab (this was a reason why I opted against offering some of the mods I'm using). Moreover, I feel that client-side mods are the end user's responsibility for their use, installation, and management, and those who are clamouring 'I need flight mod' and the sort are, for the most part, the ones who aren't willing to undertake the obligations themselves.

...the modding API, once released, would considerably improve things..right now the server-side only mod I know most about is Biosphere.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:11:37 AM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #744 on: October 27, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »
Seeing that the Shelf Mod and others would require everyone to mod their clients, I'm no longer interested. I do not wish to install any client-side mods on my own computer, and forcing others to do so is not necessary.

« Reply #745 on: October 27, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »
Houraiville gravel griefed by PX. This is why I never bothered making anything big before.

And now I need a tnt from him too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:52:56 AM by Hanged Hourai »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #746 on: October 27, 2011, 03:57:51 AM »
First of all, having a TNT trap is just :|
How should disarming an attempt to kill me make me give you a TNT?

Second of all, I assume you dislike my attempt to spread Ms. Hijiri's message?

« Reply #747 on: October 27, 2011, 04:18:44 AM »
Honestly, setting up a TNT trap inside your own establishment will always end in the same result. Some random passerby will be overcome by curiosity and just blow it up anyway. (see Dorakyura's flowerbed trap from last week) It is your call to establish such a trap, but I think that demanding TNT as compensation for the destruction doesn't help the matter.
1: It's your choice to set up the trap, therefore it should only use your resources.
2: I think that soliciting their help to rebuild the place strikes me as a better punishment. But then again, everyone is quick to deny their involvement when things go to hell. Even when caught red-handed, they'll still say that it wasn't their fault. (see Sunny's detonation of the trap)

I believe the answer to all of this is to not have such a trap in the first place. That is unless you like rebuilding the same building three times a day. All the signs in the world exclaiming that CAUTION. THIS DOOR IS BOOBY-TRAPPED are meaningless seeing that someone will always want to see if it is true. Also, logblock doesn't catalog someone stepping on a pressure plate, so you can see that this is only going to waste your time rebuilding the place as the situation happens another seventeen times. :V

« Reply #748 on: October 27, 2011, 04:22:23 AM »
In response to PX:

1. I have every right to make a tnt trap, especially in a place where you know not to tread. Hence the "Do not enter sign"
2. You have no right to disarm any of my things, trap or otherwise.
3. I made the trap non-lethal on purpose for the time being.
4. You deliberately tripped it after I said "no"
5. You left right after blowing it up, which shows your intent was not of curiosity, but to waste my stuff.
6. It is common knowledge that my bank will blow people up. You entered it knowing a basic idea of what would happen.
7. Don't justify your griefing with spreading "peace" and a "giant swastika"

tl;dr
What you did was bad and you should feel bad in addition to giving me my tnt.

And also, if you are going to blow up the tnt, you best be on it or pay me back.

@Strafe

I am fine with random passerby falling in it and tripping it. I'll pay for that. What he did was throw junk on it when he knew what it would do to deliberately set it off.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:25:35 AM by Hanged Hourai »

« Reply #749 on: October 27, 2011, 04:26:08 AM »
Very well. Might I suggest a trap that would punish the trespasser instead of the owner? Like a piston-activated lava pitfall?

Ironically, PX can help you establish a very devilish trap along those lines.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:28:23 AM by Dr.Strafe »