Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 208043 times)

ark

• みょん

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #781 on: October 12, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »
PCB Extra no-bombs!!  Got my first caps on all the cards I was missing and cleared with 3 lives remaining.  Wooooooooooo~! :getdown:

« Reply #782 on: October 12, 2011, 04:47:46 AM »
UFO Lunatic no bomb no UFO clear.

Silly deaths... Stage three circle faires. Stage five red orb spam. Shou's opener (oh God). Byakuren's Light Magic "Magic Milky Way" and Great Magic "Devil's Recitation."

video?
I've been unable to patch the games to ultra and want to see this.

Uploading.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #783 on: October 12, 2011, 05:20:06 AM »
Hey Naut have you ever tried the final phase of Subterranean Rose on Ultra?

Never again....(even though I've done it twice(lolinfinitelivestoo)).

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #784 on: October 12, 2011, 05:40:06 AM »
Captured Guse Flash, Yoshika's last card, and Mamizou's last card.
Stupid stupid lasers - keep clipping them.
Also, WTF at the last 2-3 seconds of Mamizou's last card. Thanks to Reimu homing, I barely made it. Any strategy to deal with it?

SA Ultra Extra clear.
Holy shit. Didn't expect this to happen so quickly.
lolol Embers of Death. The noncard before Rorschach is also pretty impossible too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:03:28 AM by Kanon »

« Reply #785 on: October 12, 2011, 05:46:23 AM »
Hey Naut have you ever tried the final phase of Subterranean Rose on Ultra?

Never again....(even though I've done it twice(lolinfinitelivestoo)).

No sir. Make a video or something, lessee.

Also, Subterranean Animism Ultra Extra clear video.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:29:01 AM by Naut »

J.O.B

« Reply #786 on: October 12, 2011, 06:44:46 AM »
No sir. Make a video or something, lessee.
It will be a while. Please wait warmly~
The whole video together is 27 minutes long.

EDIT: I'm trying to publish the video with WMM but it keeps making the Internet stuff up. I can try and take a picture instead.

EDIT EDIT: I did both the third and the fourth phase too.[attachimg=1 width=200][attachimg=2 width=200]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:05:50 AM by J.O.B »

« Reply #787 on: October 12, 2011, 07:07:43 AM »

J.O.B

« Reply #788 on: October 12, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »
Inorite.
I might also mention that in the 4th phase even the normal bullets by themselves can form a wall. Remember that all of the waves are varying speeds.

« Reply #789 on: October 12, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »
Holy crap, that looks impossible. Well done.

Which reminds me, has anyone cleared UFO Ultra Extra yet?

« Reply #790 on: October 12, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »
Holy crap, that looks impossible. Well done.

Which reminds me, has anyone cleared UFO Ultra Extra yet?

Yes, it's pretty much the same besides Kogasa and some Nue nonspells
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #791 on: October 12, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
Got some of the Ultra patches played a bit.
MoF normal-5 lives to spare
PCB normal-2 deaths, one to the changes to Reflowering, the other the S6 stage portion
PCB extra-clear with a life to spare
Ten Desires normal-clear with a bomb to spare, got destroyed by Stage 5 stage portion

Aside from the BS stuff, these are fun.

EDIT: oh look now I'm 1/1 on Sanae's first boss spell on hard...on ultra, and I've never captured the standard version.

EDIT #2: hahahaha lol MoF ultra extra blind clear.  Jade of the Horrid River capture, 1 bomb Suwa War.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #792 on: October 12, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
PCB Ultra Extra and Phantasm cleared. I almost captured Butterfly in Zen Temple :<

Blind PCB Ultra Normal run.

I need to patch the other games :V

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #793 on: October 13, 2011, 12:34:11 AM »
PCB Extra clear with Marisa A. Now I have all the characters unlocked for Phantasm.
Also no-death Yuyuko, Normal.

Zil

« Reply #794 on: October 13, 2011, 01:46:27 AM »
Got no-focus tomeouts of all of Mokou's spells (Hourai Doll I focused on though) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDG1gpJCW7w

Also did the extra scenes from Double Spoiler, though thats kinda simple - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhEaSVNNubg

Yes, those are youtube links. It's ugly, but much easier then uploading a replay for every spell. (and who would want to download those anyway?)
Also timed out VoWG with only 2 deaths. >=O I'll get that flawless timout, there's no turning back now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:52:17 AM by Zil »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #795 on: October 13, 2011, 03:54:04 AM »
Add a Subterranean Animism ultra normal clear to the list, 2 lives to spare.  For the most part it wasn't BS and was actually a legitimate challenge.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #796 on: October 13, 2011, 06:18:25 AM »
Hah...hah hah.

After another night of kicking and screaming at Miko, only one run ever got past her sixth spell card. That was a miserable failure, that's just to show how hopeless the night felt. But I got an inkling when I was cooling down afterwards about that hateful card: I noticed that it felt like whenever I was pushed to the left by the lasers, it would troll me by doing it two more times, every time.

Turns out, it doesn't seem that way; it IS that way. Not only that, but the lasers are semi-predictable. Wherever the lasers appear, on the first wave they will fire the next wave in the same formation, but shifted slightly to the left. The next wave, wherever they are fired will see the formation stay for three blasts, only angled slightly to the right. This alternates. In other words: I now know when lasers are coming at me and what to do to avoid them.

In practice, this helps surprisingly little. After all, the actual formation and initial angle is random, and you can still be screwed over by being squished in between two small waves. The amulets are still the main difficulty, and nothing will change that. But...I've cracked it. I'm one more step closer to that perfect. Ha ha ha...AH HA HA HA HA HAAAAA.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:44:09 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

J.O.B

« Reply #797 on: October 13, 2011, 06:44:01 AM »
Wherever the lasers appear, on the first wave they will fire the next wave in the same formation, but shifted slightly to the left. The next wave, wherever they are fired will see the formation stay for three blasts, only angled slightly to the right. This alternates. In other words: I now know when lasers are coming at me and what to do to avoid them.
I knew this already :P

EDIT: FUCK YES! I FINALLY CLEARED SA EXTRA (no ultra)!!!
What really made me lol was that despite it being my first clear, I one death'd it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:22:19 AM by J.O.B »

« Reply #798 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:32 AM »
Turns out, it doesn't seem that way; it IS that way. Not only that, but the lasers are semi-predictable. Wherever the lasers appear, on the first wave they will fire the next wave in the same formation, but shifted slightly to the left. The next wave, wherever they are fired will see the formation stay for three blasts, only angled slightly to the right. This alternates. In other words: I now know when lasers are coming at me and what to do to avoid them.

It's good that we have people like you to figure this stuff out for us.  :D

But I got an inkling when I was cooling down afterwards about that hateful card

Hey man. Its her only interesting card. Don't hate it but appreciate what you can learn from it.  :3
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:29:03 AM by Zengeku »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #799 on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »
lol I made it to Yuugi on Lunatic
Since when does someone do worse on Hard than Lunatic

It's this way with MoF and EoSD too

« Reply #800 on: October 13, 2011, 07:21:51 PM »
Charming Siege From All Sides capture.
I'm also close to beating Yukari again with Sakuya B this time; I had a friend round and I made it up to Danmaku Bounded Field before I ran into a stationary line of bullets >> *goes to watch more replays*

nintendonut888

« Reply #801 on: October 13, 2011, 10:44:39 PM »
Good news: I perfected Miko at school today.

Bad news: I forgot about ZUN's cute little trick where replays aren't stored with the rest of the game's files, so the winning replay is stuck at school. Providing fate isn't an absolute asshole and wipes the hard drive clean (and for college computers these don't seem to do that very often), I can retrieve it. Even if I don't though, I...did it. Whew.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:50:50 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ark

• みょん
« Reply #802 on: October 13, 2011, 11:51:53 PM »
Bad news: I forgot about ZUN's cute little trick where replays aren't stored with the rest of the game's files
Here is a reminder that you can easily make the game portable. (The link is for DS but it works for TD mutatis mutandis.)

Formless God

« Reply #803 on: October 14, 2011, 02:59:41 AM »
Broke several high scores. S3 - 34m to 40m (yeah, it's horrible, but I barely ever touch the first three stages because Miko and co. are more fun umad), S5 - 106m to 112m, S6 - 201m to 230m.

Good news: I perfected Miko at school today.

Bad news: I forgot about ZUN's cute little trick where replays aren't stored with the rest of the game's files, so the winning replay is stuck at school. Providing fate isn't an absolute asshole and wipes the hard drive clean (and for college computers these don't seem to do that very often), I can retrieve it. Even if I don't though, I...did it. Whew.
Upload to replays.gensokyo and retrieve it later ? :V But if the Documents & Settings folder is locked then you're out of luck
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:02:22 AM by Anarchy Formless »

« Reply #804 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39:46 AM »
I randomly decided to try MoF Extra again having barely played it since beating it for the first time (about a month+ ago).

My first run proceeds to not only beat Suwako, but also with three lives in stock! I also netted my first capture of Suwa War and a near capture of Misghauji (Bombed because it was getting claustrophobic, before I looked at the health bar and found I could have captured it), and a much better than usual run of Red Frog and Froggy Braves the Elements. I managed to stupidly die to Snake Eats the Croaking Frog though, should have bombed. Now, even clearing with a non-homing shot on the other hand... ...

Replay here: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16381

(And yet I still haven't 1cc'd TD with anyone other than Reimu)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:25:55 AM by GuppyForce »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #805 on: October 14, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
PCB ultra lunatic 1cc.
Sure, I started with max lives, but still finished with 2, meaning it still would have been a 1cc with default starting lives.

nintendonut888

« Reply #806 on: October 14, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »
Alright, it took some hassle, but I have retrieved my replay from this school computer. Ahem...

MIKO PERFECT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. 8D

Funny, I never wanted to get onto this ride of perfecting bosses, but out of all the shooters I only have nine bosses left...

« Reply #807 on: October 14, 2011, 10:16:24 PM »
FUCK YES

IN Easy, absolute perfection. No deaths, no bombs, no focus, SAKUYA.

« Reply #808 on: October 14, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »
FINALLY!! I have finally cleared Hourai "Fujiyama Volcano" its been over 100 tries.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #809 on: October 14, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »
I gave Imperishable Night's Extra another try. I got to Possessed by Phoenix this time! I might be able to clear this with some more practice. x3
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH