Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207961 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #450 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:25 PM »
PS: Is it normal to not die once on stage 6 up until Virtue of Wind God and then die three times to that?

Yes. Stage 6 of MoF is like the pachinko table from Kaiji. You get through everything else but the last obstacle is absolutely insane.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #451 on: September 08, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »
It's definitely very doable to not die on Stage 6 until VoWG. IIRC, that happened on my first Lunatic 1cc.

With bombs on every other attack no doubt. :V

--- Well seriously now. VoWG is one of the hardest cards in the game. The only cards I'm more scared of is Nitori's midcard and PWG. Its certainly not implausible that you slip up on VoWG but capture everything else. Honestly, every single of her other cards are easy compared to it.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #452 on: September 08, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
Mountain of Faith Hard 1CC.

Okay, so it was utterly mediocre and bombspammy, but still, I actually managed to 1CC a Touhou on Hard.

And it did have a few good moments (hello Aya's first spell capture).

PS: Is it normal to not die once on stage 6 up until Virtue of Wind God and then die three times to that?
When I got my first one with ReimuA, I had a life and 4 power for VoWG.  cleared it via deathwave.  Capturing Saruta Cross is pretty insane, although I got Illusionary Dominance in both of my MoF hard 1ccs  :D  (They both bombspammed, but whatever.)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #453 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
Just accidentally 1cc'd Lotus Land on Normal....
Got to Yuuka's final few attacks with no lives and no bombs, and luck dodged for about 15 seconds. I was literally dodging the bullets I could see but accidentally walling myself in. But I still managed to make it through the smallest of gaps? More than 5 times? I mean, is that hitbox detection failure or am I just extremely lucky?

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

mikeKOSA

« Reply #454 on: September 09, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
MoF Lunatic No Bombs 1cc

Fuck yeah Marisa-C! 1DNB Stage 5 and 6. Died at VoWG as Kanako is exploding. Thank God I have a spare life left or else it could have turned into this

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #455 on: September 09, 2011, 02:31:10 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15830

MoF Extra Clear with 504,007,000 points.
2 lives left to spare. Hoping that I can go and undo those two idiotic deaths and that horrible Red Frog derping.

Also, PCB Extra Clear with 623,000,000 points.
Three spare lives.

Are any of these figures good, at all?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:47:46 AM by Chisou Taizen »

« Reply #456 on: September 09, 2011, 07:18:47 AM »
Bunch of captures here:
Star Maelstrom (I have no idea how I did this)
Devil's Recitation
All patchy's extra cards in one game
Cranberry Trap

Maze of Love is really close to being captured. I also had my best EoSD extra run so far, getting to And Then There Will Be None, and would have gotten further had I not died twice (thrice?) with bombs in stock. Same with trying for UFO 1cc, died at Flying Fantastica again, this time with Sanae B.

And why have I still not captured Ichirin's final card!? I know how to do it but it just screws me each time.

SA 1cc is still kinda far off. Why must the extra stage I want most be the hardest to unlock?

EDIT: IN 1cc with Magic Team, ending with 2 lives in stock. Which was followed by an EoSD run that I don't know how to describe.  Pretty awesome all the way up to stage 5, where I lose not 1, not 2, not three, but FIVE lives to absolutely unforgivable stupid deaths I can't believe I made.

Then Marionette capture, which I don't even know how I did. And it became a 1cc, much to my surprise, making all characters 1cc'ed for EoSD normal.

Replay here, for all the stupidity and awesomeness: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15838

EDIT2: Captured Metal Fatigue (Finally), Sylphae Horn High Level and Scarlet Netherworld. Now just Princess Undine ( :ohdear:) and Red Magic left. And I swear Rage Trilithon is harder than Rage Trilithon High Level
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:13:44 PM by GuppyForce »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #457 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »
SA Lunatic Stage 5 unlocked for Practice and some rather important points somewhat under control, even though most Spellcards are still a bit of a problem. Oh, well, finally received this today:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/Lepetit89/IMAG0019.jpg.

Would like to finally get started on the game right away, but I guess I'll wait until I'm done with SA, too deep in there right now to switch to TD.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #458 on: September 09, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »
PCB Ultra Hard 1CC 0/1. :3

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #459 on: September 09, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »
So I screwed up Suwa War again, so I figured I may as well go for it since another perfect run was ruined.

Then I timed out Suwako's final card without camping the corners

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #460 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:10 PM »
I finally beat PCB on easy mode!
at 120 FPS.

Also, random no focus timeout of Nitori's midboss spell on normal.

EDIT: What the heck Red Frog of Hoeui(sp?) Era 4 capture.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #461 on: September 09, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »
Futo perfect! No plans for Mamizou, but Miko seems like a decent challenge to perfect. Certainly I'm not going to make a big deal out of it though. Sakuya kind of killed my perfecting bosses drive. =~=
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #462 on: September 10, 2011, 01:48:44 AM »
TD Extra cleared 0/something.
This would've come sooner if I had played more seriously.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #463 on: September 10, 2011, 01:53:40 AM »
Tengu Macroburst scares me.
Random ReimuC SA Stage 4 run, with much screwing around on the stage.  Got to Satori, 1DNB battle with the one death being to the second wave of Great Whirlwind, which I promptly timed out the last 60 seconds of.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #464 on: September 10, 2011, 02:56:58 AM »
Two deaths to Kanako on an otherwise near-flawless Easy Run.

I even almost captured Mountain of Faith.

Until I got hit once and completely unhinged myself.

I ask you, how is 1,000,000,000 possible at all?

« Reply #465 on: September 10, 2011, 03:10:19 AM »
Well, 1 billion on MoF isn't exactly easy regardless of difficulty. I did break a billion on Easy during one of the tourney weeks though, and even that was only barely.

Doing the game no death is pretty much a must unless you really score well, and if you do die, it needs to not be too early in. You also have to know where to deathbomb, and all bombs should be deathbombs if you can manage it. Also obviously don't PoC if it's going to cause you to have a huge chain break, but if it's only a small chain break or none at all, that's when you PoC.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #466 on: September 10, 2011, 03:18:00 AM »
Well, 1 billion on MoF isn't exactly easy regardless of difficulty. I did break a billion on Easy during one of the tourney weeks though, and even that was only barely.

Doing the game no death is pretty much a must unless you really score well, and if you do die, it needs to not be too early in. You also have to know where to deathbomb, and all bombs should be deathbombs if you can manage it. Also obviously don't PoC if it's going to cause you to have a huge chain break, but if it's only a small chain break or none at all, that's when you PoC.

No deaths was the intention.
Here is my replay.

I do not PoC if there is a particularly large break, such as the beginning of Stages 3 and 5, and before bosses.
I was running 800,000 Faith by Kanako, but that was slashed fairly quickly ;-;

Other than that, probably about 30% of all of my time is spent on, near, or above the PoC.
Not the best strategy, I realize, but those items

I cannot stand to see that crap fall off the screen

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #467 on: September 10, 2011, 03:44:13 AM »
MoF normal with ReimuA netted me my first capture of Misayama Hunting Shrine Ritual and second one for Mountain of Faith.

« Reply #468 on: September 10, 2011, 08:43:32 AM »

The high scores on Easy are over 1.5 billion for all characters. If you want to improve your score run, you should go to Royalflare and pick up some replays to see what people do to optimize your score. Seeing as you are playing Easy mode, no-miss no-bombing everything should be cake so you'll need strategies to further improve that.
Royalflare
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:04:05 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #469 on: September 10, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »
Nuclear Fusion and Hell and Heaven Meltdown (and Blazing Star) captured for the first time, both in one run. Which leaves Hell's Artificial Sun... ...and 10+ Satori cards....

And another 1cc of MoF, by Reimu B this time. Also finally nailed Ichirin's final card, leaving just Sinker Ghost and Flying Fantastica to capture.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #470 on: September 10, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »
Two deaths to Kanako on an otherwise near-flawless Easy Run.

I even almost captured Mountain of Faith.

Until I got hit once and completely unhinged myself.

Getting 1B on Easy is actually pretty easy. No miss the whole run and be sure you're getting those point items on full value. I just watched your run and I say you could have already broken 1B if only you're getting those items above the POC regardless of dying two times on Kanako. Also, don't be afraid of bombing if you can't get on the POC even if you're not at full power when you reached the boss because it's worth the investment. It's also okay to let the faith value go down a bit in exchange for getting the items on full value unless you're shooting for 1.4B or something.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #471 on: September 10, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
Cleared TD Ultra Normal with Reimu :V

Extra is waaaay too brutal.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #472 on: September 10, 2011, 08:29:19 PM »
You know when you're being absolutely stupid, when your "recipe for a successful first-1CC" in Ten Desires is, in fact, the method most people would use for a score run, apparently.

Ten Desires cleared, Normal 1CC with Marisa.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #473 on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:58 PM »
Got bored of facing Yukari and having her stomp me to dust cuz I freak out at "Boundary of Humans and Youkai", so I decided to fight Yuyuko instead.  After a few tries, somehow I got this.

ND4B Yuyuko Normal.  Yeah, that's a lot of bombs, and I only capped her first and third spells(As well as Ageless Obsession, but that's not exactly part of the Yuyuko fight, now is it?), but either way, I'm rather happy with this.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:28:07 PM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #474 on: September 10, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
Discovered the Ultra patches yesterday, and I must say it's a bit disappointing to have to face impossible spellcards, especially in Extra where bombs won't solve your problem.

Nevertheless, it does create some interesting things, so I did a no death MoF Ultra Extra stage (...stage only, Suwako's second spellcard being impossible), but at 250% speed, mind you.

Show on !

« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
Scored 450M(beaten my old score of 417M) on MoF with vsync on....most of my touhou game had been set to 0, meaning off i think but turning it on made some remarkable changes, still need to get used to it, but movements are more sensitive and precise, made some cock-ups during this run, due to the sensitivity.

« Reply #476 on: September 11, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »
Hey, decided to play some PCB Extra and got up to Ran's survival card. First time I've ever gotten past Ancient Buddhist.
Shikigami "Chen" and Kokkiri-san are a lot harder than they look, though, especially the former.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #477 on: September 11, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »
Hey, decided to play some PCB Extra and got up to Ran's survival card. First time I've ever gotten past Ancient Buddhist.
Shikigami "Chen" and Kokkiri-san are a lot harder than they look, though, especially the former.

It's worth noting that for the former, that if you are within her reach, Chen will aim for you :D

Kokurri-san's pattern is the same every time, so try to get a jump on it, once you memorize it.

I tried to do my no-deathing whatever on MoF on Normal mode.
Big mistake :V
It didn't work, but I did manage 500,000,000.

« Reply #478 on: September 11, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
Finally managed to perfectly time out Kappa's Porocca in SA. I think the attempt count is something like 40 or so. Way more than in should've been. Feels nice to finally be done with Satori. Now I never have to play as Marisa in that game again and that in itself is cause for celebration. Damn she sucks.

I dunno why people say MarisaC has the easiest Satori battle. I really don't understand it. DBDB was a lot easier to do than Porocca and Extending Arm for me.

« Reply #479 on: September 11, 2011, 08:17:40 PM »
Timed out Lunatic Red Eyes.First time timing out a Last Word, so I'm happy. ^_^

Come to think of it, I should probably get back into PCB, I haven't even attempted timing out any of that stuff yet. I'm thinking Banquet of 12 General Gods.