Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207514 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XII
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2011, 06:50:26 AM »
Blind Hard 2cc, followed by a 2 life clear of Normal, but...

I've had a horrible framerate
Mhm.  And for some reason, when mine drops it decides to stay there.  Basically whole boss fights at 40fps... It's quite boring :(.  Oh, and the final boss' last spell is a complete joke.  Simple vertical streaming, it feels more like a stage 4/5 spell than a final... I capped it blind =/.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2011, 07:38:42 AM »
Cleared the first 3 Overdrives =D
Overdrives are so much fun :3

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »
10D (or TD?) Hard 1cc with Marisa, since nobody seems to pay much attention to her.

One of the things I'm really glad about is that if you have enough trance during a spellcard and you're on your last life and you have 17/18 heart fragments...

Well, that second wind seriously saved my 1cc.

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2011, 10:17:50 AM »
Got a good framerate today. Only 0.5% lag. So I went and did myself a Hard 1cc. It was so easy that failing the last card, getting rammed by Kyouko, clipping one of final boss girls non-spells and and having a spirit spawn on me in Stage 4 didn't matter. When I faced the final bosses first spellcard I seriously thought I was hit by some massive slowdown but no, it was running at 60FPS. The bullets were just that slow. :)

Well, now with that done I guess Lunatic is up next but I actually feel more like perfecting stages first like with UFO. This will likely not take 2 years to do again! (Then again, I wouldn't really call myself a Lunatic before 1 year after UFO's release but whatever)

Also. Put a credit at Lunatic mode. Got to S5 midboss and game overed. This could well have been a 1cc if I didn't have those disgusting deaths at Stage 4. Well. Its practicing time. Now that all spells in Spell Practice mode has been captured excluding Stage 4's overdrive I'll relax a bit for today I think.

Also. First try against the Stage 5 boss; 1-bomb no deaths. Silly girl, what is she trying to accomplish?
I don't like the hitboxes on those yellow bullets that appears in Final boss girl's 3rd card. They bring back ugly memories of EoSD.
Also. Kyouko's overdrive. Grab a really easy spellcard and make it 30 attempts hard. Impressive ZUN.

Yuyuko's, Yoshika's and Stage 5 boss girl's Overdrives took 1, 3 and 1 attempt respectively. They looked cool however. I haven't been able to access the Stage 5 midboss Overdrive though. Anyone know how to get that?

PS: Stage 6 boss girl's Overdrive 1 attempt capture as well. The Lunatic version was harder for me. And that's with using the circling around trick.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »
Yeah, those overdrive cards are way too easy.
I got them 1/1, 1/4, 1/2, 1/2, 1/8, 1/2, 1/1 and 1/2 in stage order respectively.

Should be fun trying to time them out though.

EDIT:
Okay, timed everything out except for stage 1 and EX. These are pretty hard because of their sheer length.

EDIT:
Also, how do you upload replays to the Gensokyo replay archive?  :derp:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:51:54 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »
Also, how do you upload replays to the Gensokyo replay archive?  :derp:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/up13.html  :wat:

Jaimers

« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2011, 02:45:53 PM »
Thanks, the thing didn't show up in the upload page but I should of guessed.  :derp:

All overdrive cards timed out.

Does anyone know if the last spell in Extra has a timeout phase? The game still won't let me past the survival, it even crashed with Sanae.

« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2011, 03:02:37 PM »
Made it to the survival card of Extra with three lives. The time runs out and it crashes. That's pretty much an extra clear there. But how come that some people don't crash upon seeing that card? T and SP managed to clear but T says that it crashes whenever he captures the card. For me it just crashes regardless though. :(

EDIT: TD Stage 4 Lunatic 1-death no bombs 1st attempt. What the fuck? That one death was on the 2nd spellcard of the boss. The retarded girl got too close to me before I could finish off moe girl.

EDIT 2: Yeah eh scratch that. Perfected Stage 4 Lunatic now. I went into spell practice and developed a strategy for the 2nd card of hers. It was a bit inspired from Jaimers' strategy but I instead of misleading retarded girl twice, i just shot at moe girl after knocking retard down once.

The stage had what I consider to be two challenging parts. The final bit there at the end and the midboss non-spell. That's where most of the few attempts went. I only had to try the boss once after learning her 2nd spell. Its a pretty decent stage although many of the sections can be completely trivialized.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:45:19 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
You must bomb when the timer is below 3 seconds. Your bomb will still be active when the boss reappears, and it won't crash. ;)

Does anyone know if the last spell in Extra has a timeout phase?
Yes it does : http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15194. ^^ (I got surprised when the timer reached 20, so I failed the spell %))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:47:08 PM by Dusknoir »
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »
Okay. TD Extra clear. Pretty much second attempt. There was two attempts before it but they both ended in a crash. And had better resources at the end of the survival card. Figures that a 'solution' to the crashing issue would show up just when my runs starts to go very badly. I died some pretty embarassing deaths but whatever. I don't feel like making a better run before this issue is patched. Which it will be. Right ZUN?

« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
I really need some sort of a patch for this one. All controls respond quickly... except when I'm trying to release any key. That means that when I want to stop moving, including when I want to change direction, I keep moving to the original direction for noticeably longer than I intended. MoF, SA and UFO have no such problems.
EDIT: Okay, I forgot this this is not a "10D general thread" so this post is ill-placed :V. Umm, I still perfected Stage 1, that's an accomplishment, right?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:29:24 PM by Vanhaomena69 »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
Using this workaround, I finally beat the extra boss. That's a STUPID workaround, but until the game is patched, I'll accept it.

I noticed there was some fourth wall dialogue from ZUN afterwards...I wonder what it said?

Spoiler:
Also, I love how Mamizou never loses her crooked grin even in her defeat portrait.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:16:06 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2011, 06:13:12 PM »
Have an Overdrive cards timeout video.

Also finally beat Extra thanks to Dusk's advice.
The first time when I got there though I was out of bombs so I suicided to get some. *enters Trance* FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU  >:(

nintendonut888

« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
Jaimers why you do dis. ;_; Why don't you go and 2-ALL Dodonpachi or something?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2011, 08:39:29 PM »
After the nightmares of Shou and Orin, beating a stage 5 boss perfectly BLIND, even on Normal, felt sooooo gooooood.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Formless God

« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »
Damnit Jaimers, I was planning to uproad captures of these Overdrives.
But man, Tojiko's Overdrive is beautiful. Combined with the background music it's just perfect.

Yuyuko's, Yoshika's and Stage 5 boss girl's Overdrives took 1, 3 and 1 attempt respectively. They looked cool however. I haven't been able to access the Stage 5 midboss Overdrive though. Anyone know how to get that?
You capture that spell in Stage Practice.

T and SP managed to clear but T says that it crashes whenever he captures the card.
Speaking of T, his playstyle reminds me of
Spoiler:
Heartbeam
, I wonder if that's true :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2011, 09:33:38 PM »
Spoiler:
Seiga's
Overdrive finally captured. The Gensokyo replays site isn't working for me right now, so replay attached to this post.

Curvy lasers still suck.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Jaimers

« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2011, 10:46:30 PM »
And TD perfect stage 5 lunatic.

The end of the stage is obviously not meant to done without hypering or bombing but I still got pretty consistently past it. Those nonspells of the boss are pretty easy to accidentally die on though. The midboss was also very annoying until I understood the pattern.

EDIT: And captured it, 1/114. My god, that was the most fun I've had in Touhou in a while.

And this is totally why you should get the Ultra patches. They are full of fun crazy shit like that.

Why don't you go and 2-ALL Dodonpachi or something?

Does Ketsui count? Because I already did that.  :V

Formless God

« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:57 PM »
And this is totally why you should get the Ultra patches. They are full of fun crazy shit like that.
Too bad Seiga is buggy as hell. And the laser attack isn't different from the original.
S5 and S6 Ultra are very fun and satisfying to play, though :3

nintendonut888

« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2011, 11:13:09 PM »
this is totally why you should get the Ultra patches. They are full of fun crazy shit like that.

Eeh, there's a difference between what I'll put up with in spell practice and what I'll put up with in a full game.

Does Ketsui count? Because I already did that.  :V

Ura loop? If so...

死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね

Oh yeah, and all overdrives captured. Even if Jaimer's video completely obsoletes it, I'm planning on making a video of all my captures.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2011, 12:13:02 AM »
Just for some laughs, I did Ten Desires Stage 1 on Normal with no deaths, no focus, no bombs and no trance.  :3

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15223
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2011, 02:43:09 AM »
Sanae Hard 1cc. Though not quite as impressive as my Marisa 1cc.

I'm not sure on the specifics, but...
I think Marisa's missiles might be stronger than Reimu's Needles this time around. I'm goinga go toss around some replays in Spell Practice and see what I find.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2011, 04:18:33 AM »
Ten Desires Extra clear.

Not too hard I'd say. I spent more time restarting after derp deaths before
Spoiler:
Mamizou
than actually gameovering on her. And I'll have to wait for that patch to arrive before I try perfecting this one.

Also, started recording stuff for a Lunatic scorerun. Quite a bit of the first half is similar to what I'd do in the demo, but I still need to find out how many lives I might need for later (to cash in on the higher base Point values, naturally). I also like that Stage 4 doesn't appear to require anything too complicated for scoring.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:23:38 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »
Finally found out that streaming up/down on Blue Oni, Red Oni is easier and captured the card. Also captured Fox Tanuki Youkai Laser :3

edit: YES YES YES I FINALLY GOT PAST COUNTER CLOCK *dies to first wave of red balls in ATTWBN* D:
Oh well. I still got to Flandre's survival, which has taken me like a month and a half.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:49:31 AM by Glimmery15 »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2011, 07:53:37 AM »
Hard 1cc of 10D now on YouTube
Because videos are so much easier to watch and critique than replays.

Also...
Damage test of shot types and such in Spell Practice.
I'll try to do some bomb tests later, maybe.

« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2011, 08:29:32 AM »
Finally found out that streaming up/down on Blue Oni, Red Oni is easier and captured the card. Also captured Fox Tanuki Youkai Laser :3
o.O I've always found streaming up down to be harder. My brain isn't good at dodging sideways bullets, so I go down for the first wave then go right/left. 2 captures with up down compared to about 8 with left right

Jaimers

« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »
TD Perfect Stage 5 Lunatic now on Youtube.

Ura loop?

Nah, Tsuujou. Ura is still a bit out of my league for now.
Though I might be able to 1cc it starting from the loop itself. Made it to DOOM's final attack in an earlier attempt this way.

« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »
o.O I've always found streaming up down to be harder. My brain isn't good at dodging sideways bullets, so I go down for the first wave then go right/left. 2 captures with up down compared to about 8 with left right

I guess some others find sideways streaming easier than up/down, but with me I just want to finish her off as soon as possible so I choose the latter. I'm still trying to figure out her second card, though.

Formless God

« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
Timed out
Spoiler:
Miko
's first spell.

Holy shit, she's harder and more fun than I thought. The only attacks I'm consistent at are yellowwballs and DISCO. I'm having a hard time against simple (or so I thought they were) stuff like Rainbow Meek (wtfhitboxes) and Chaotic Dance (near solid walls by the 4th wave).

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2011, 03:57:13 PM »
1cc of 10D hard. I like this game a lot.
Maybe it's just me but I find Yoshika harder than
Spoiler:
Seiga
and the stage 5 boss...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:01:55 PM by Divine Judgement »