Author Topic: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.  (Read 59091 times)

Re: A Kingdom of Loathing thread? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny.
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2011, 09:14:40 PM »
Since most of the people seem to have the big ticket items already, I'll just be sending out stocking-stuffers as I can afford to do so.

In the meantime, I'm spending all of my adventures on putting together gummi fossils; just drop me a line if you want one.

« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »
In the meantime, I'm spending all of my adventures on putting together gummi fossils; just drop me a line if you want one.

I think I'm fine with having one of each on each character for myself since they're a time sink; actually posting to say I'll gladly toss you some extra fossils for free if you want since they're not worth enough on mall for me to bother selling, I think. Though you're probably swimming in 'em too with the amount of mining it takes for enough ingots. =P

« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2011, 11:33:57 PM »
Though you're probably swimming in 'em too with the amount of mining it takes for enough ingots. =P
At this rate, definitely. The main issue right now is getting enough lollipop sticks/fudgecules to make molds from (I'm a cheapskate and would rather gather the materials myself rather than buy them)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
Until this year's Crimbo Town popped up, I never thought there would be any point to my compulsive daily shaking of the Glass Gnoll Eye I stole off some guy a year back. Now those breath mints counted for thousands of candy credits. Thanks, Uncle Crimbo!

« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2012, 01:52:01 AM »
So I hope everyone's start-of-the-year (or Ruro's end-of-the-year) Festival of Jarlsberg went well!

So, about that libram that's in Mr. Store this month. Its effects seem pretty interesting;
Spoiler:
you can summon resolutions that give you stat boosts! And possibly rollover adventures too, I can't remember if that one was spaded.
What do you all think?

« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2012, 02:39:06 AM »
I don't recall a festival of Jarlsberg. I did get a Feast of Boris I kind of let go to waste by not getting as much holiday food as possible, though.

« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2012, 04:19:23 AM »
I don't recall a festival of Jarlsberg. I did get a Feast of Boris I kind of let go to waste by not getting as much holiday food as possible, though.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Kingdom_of_Loathing_Calendar

Today was January 1st/December 32nd, so since no other KoL holiday was happening, Festival of Jarlsberg.

The aforementioned Feast of Boris is the entire reason I'm Teetotaler this ascension! I wanted to get the Three-Tiered Trophy out of the way before I forgot it existed. :P

« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »
Well, Festival of Jarlsberg is happening for me now. Going to use the reduced skill costs to blow through the Mysterious Island battlefield and claim a victory for the hippies this time around. Half-cost Cannelloni Cannon is one of the most useful things ever, especially when you have the full set of cookbooks to set whatever element you want.

EDIT: And had juuust enough adventures to blow through to the Frathouse.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:29:46 AM by New Year's Alcoholossal »

« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2012, 05:59:57 AM »
Huh. Mafia told me that festivities were yesterday. Oh well.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2012, 08:26:13 AM »
I wanted to get the Three-Tiered Trophy out of the way before I forgot it existed. :P
Meanwhile, I finally got the Professional Photographer trophy. I've been wanting that 'un for a while!

« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2012, 03:57:44 AM »
Well, have that stupid Island quest cleared again and have Transcendental Noodlecraft learned, so looks like it's time to start ascending again. I'm going to love being freshly reincarnated with the ability to use Pastamastery more times than I have MP for...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2012, 02:21:53 AM »
So I'm back to playing this game again... wonder how long I'll last this time.

Anyways, one thing I'm wondering about the "special path ascensions" - are you still able to do older paths (like Bees Hate You) even after it's no longer the current challenge path?

« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2012, 05:33:51 AM »
Yes, you can still go back to those. They just won't give you bonus karma once they've stopped being the seasonal challenge.

That won't stop me from going back to Way of the Surprising Fist once in a while, though.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2012, 03:38:07 AM »
That won't stop me from going back to Way of the Surprising Fist once in a while, though.
I still need Good Will Punching, so I'm gonna go back at some point if I find the current seasonal challenge underwhelming. And I need to do a Bees Hate You run at some point anyway, for the trophies and the honey drops.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2012, 06:56:00 AM »
I'm going to get the clockwork trophy out of the way this run before I forget about it

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »
Ok. So, here's the deal. I have a Loathing Legion Knife. I would rather have an Obtuse Angel. I'm going to be selling my knife in two weeks to achieve said angel. Why two weeks? As you all probably know there's a trophy/tattoo associated with the knife. I'll be loaning the knife out over the next two weeks for people to get said trophy/tattoo. Poke me either here or on IRC to borrow the knife.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »
Ok. So, here's the deal. I have a Loathing Legion Knife. I would rather have an Obtuse Angel. I'm going to be selling my knife in two weeks to achieve said angel. Why two weeks? As you all probably know there's a trophy/tattoo associated with the knife. I'll be loaning the knife out over the next two weeks for people to get said trophy/tattoo. Poke me either here or on IRC to borrow the knife.

=O Oh my. That's very nice of you. I wouldn't mind borrowing the knife to get the trophy and tattoo

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »
I myself don't particularly need it, but when Railgun's done with it, I have a friend who likes to collect trophies and stuff, and neither he nor I have NEARLY enough Meat to consider trying to get one of those ourselves(And if we DID, it'd be going toward our unlocking of our own Basement instead anyway)...When it's back in your posession, could I borrow it if said friend of mine is able to receive it?  (Not sure if he ascended today or not, if he did he'll be in HC, so...)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
What are some good targets for romantic arrows aside from lobersterfrogmen?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
=O Oh my. That's very nice of you. I wouldn't mind borrowing the knife to get the trophy and tattoo

Toss me a kmail

I myself don't particularly need it, but when Railgun's done with it, I have a friend who likes to collect trophies and stuff, and neither he nor I have NEARLY enough Meat to consider trying to get one of those ourselves(And if we DID, it'd be going toward our unlocking of our own Basement instead anyway)...When it's back in your posession, could I borrow it if said friend of mine is able to receive it?  (Not sure if he ascended today or not, if he did he'll be in HC, so...)

That'd be fine, as long as you're sure it'll be returned. Fire me a kmail.

Jq1790

« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2012, 10:11:05 PM »
Toss me a kmail

That'd be fine, as long as you're sure it'll be returned. Fire me a kmail.
Done and done.  Much appreciated!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2012, 05:36:03 AM »
I made a multi (RegalCross) that I'd like to enter MotK clan.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2012, 12:09:35 AM »
Welp, my bored at work gauge has spiked to critical levels, and so was born InfiniteRage the Pastamancer!  Relearning everything time!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »
So, who else needs the Loathing Legion Knife? I wanna sell it today or tomorrow.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2012, 04:25:02 AM »
For people doing the new path, note that the drunkness limit is 5. Don't let it screw you first day like it did mine.

(Fullness counter goes up to 20 though, even without organ)

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2012, 07:51:48 AM »
Avatar of Boris looks a little weird, but I might give it a try-- after all, I thought the same thing about Surprising Fist and it ended up being my favourite path so far. Has anyone here tried it yet?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »
I've messed around in it.

It's like Bad Moon Seal Clubber+, pretty much.  If you don't tend to stack on the ML, this path will be decently easy once you get used to securing food. But if you do like ML, it'll be a hard balancing act. As far as the skills go, I'm sure there's a way to optimize it, and I don't know what they are.

Overall, I'm digging on it.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2012, 12:04:15 AM »
For first run, it's likely Demand Sandwich ASAP, then Shouting up to Song of Solitude, then finish Feasting however you can. Song of Solitude looks like it can really save a lot of turns.

Jq1790

« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2012, 05:36:03 AM »
Ergh, so close to being able to play it...Just beat the NS today, but I want to get to L15 so I can perm both Adv. Cocktailcrafting and SHC this run(HP AC, P SHC) with my Karma from it being Trendy...  Oh well, I guess I can't complain TOO much, since out of the possible familiars I could've needed, one I already had at 20lbs(Potato), and the other I just barely scraped to that level(Mosquito).

Tomorrow I can hopefully get to the level I want and get OUT of this run!  I don't dislike Trendy-it was basically free Karma for me...I just really wanna play AoB, especially if it's potentially a pretty quick run like it looks like.  If I can finish a runthrough in like 2 weeks, I'll be happy.  All that Karma I can build up and perm stuff with...  Probably starting with HPing my P'd Sympathy, followed by something like, I dunno...Maybe Pastamastery so I can do pasta dishes later?

So close...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2012, 04:48:46 PM »
Am I the only one here who hasn't been able to get KoLMafia to work these past couple days? :x