Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 290635 times)

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (What Status?)
« Reply #780 on: August 30, 2011, 07:57:44 AM »
Ah, fixed.
WELL GOOD.  It seems... the problem is more than just strafe...
2lazy2createbettersig

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (REOPENED)
« Reply #781 on: August 30, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
Videos :V
I think the "video relevant to strafe" should be directed to Chen instead. I like wolves. I like lava wolves better.

I've confirmed that slimes do spawn on their own now - I occasionally see a few in the bottom layers of my fort.
Ah, good. I was wondering if they were going to show up naturally. Good to see that it works.

EDIT: We're down again? I blame Shady for dying in the Nether to fire right before the crash.
What's this? A server crash? I've never encountered anything like this before. Let us wait warmly patiently while the situation resolves itself.  :derp:

Well, I have bad news.. It seems that Provision Host has given us the ability to restart MCMA on our own. However, they must have changed something with our existing MCMA setup, because I could no longer access the control panel after our last restart. I'm not sure if Stuffman got the full details on how to do it yet. He asked some questions on the latest Support Ticket, but they haven't been answered yet.

Unfortunately, I am pretty much useless in resolving the server crash this time. Without proper access to MCMA or the knowledge and software to launch it myself, I can't really do anything at this point. I apologize.

However, something did catch my eye that might give us a sliver of hope:
Quote from: Provision Host tweet
30/08/2011 00:35 - Server Transfers are underway!

This might be the cause for the recent downtime. I'm not sure. However, I cannot guarantee that we'll be back up once they're through.

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #782 on: August 30, 2011, 09:54:14 AM »
I'm on a half-voluntary, half-forced break from computers in general, but since I popped in for a while to check this thread and even logged in to gain access to the Shrinemaiden Cafe to see why EP is an IM now (and also to check why TSO is banned now, although I still have no idea, but I guess she just did it for kicks), then took my time to fiddle around my profile, might as well throw in a short post.

Sunny Milk, definitely check the official Minecraft Forum's Screenshot section for inspiration for your projects, be it Atlantis or something else. This project in particular you might find useful for your Atlantis, though I presume that you might have already seen it. There are many more neat projects out there.

Aight, that's it for now. Laters.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #783 on: August 30, 2011, 10:54:50 AM »
I'm still waiting on a response as to how to reboot it exactly, they told me I could do it through SSH but I'm not familiar with how to use that, so I asked them what the command line would be.

Server will probably be down until I get back from work tonight.

« Reply #784 on: August 30, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »
I'm still waiting on a response as to how to reboot it exactly, they told me I could do it through SSH but I'm not familiar with how to use that, so I asked them what the command line would be.

Server will probably be down until I get back from work tonight.

usually you use a SSH client (like putty) and connect to the IP adress they gave you, then you are directly on the linux command line :V

« Reply #785 on: August 30, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
Okay. I successfully got MCMA to restart! The server is up again!

Edit- Okay... working out a couple issues. It should return in a few minutes Back online again.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:31:30 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #786 on: August 30, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
Crashed,

@theep, FPS was surprisingly low before crashed but i had abou 12-16 havent installed optiomine/fog yet but hey least it isnt burning my hand XD

« Reply #787 on: August 30, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
Crashed,

@theep, FPS was surprisingly low before crashed but i had abou 12-16 havent installed optiomine/fog yet but hey least it isnt burning my hand XD

I think Sunny said the same yesterday,  fps droped, a few minutes late the server crashed, well I have a fast computer and I didn't notice something like that :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #788 on: August 30, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
@EP, FPS was surprisingly low before crashed but i had abou 12-16 havent installed optiomine/fog yet but hey least it isnt burning my hand XD
First, install the latest drivers from AMD's website then reboot your system. If FPS is still too low, install Optifine as well.

I think Sunny said the same yesterday,  fps droped, a few minutes late the server crashed, well I have a fast computer and I didn't notice something like that :V
At the time, I was on my desktop as well, so didn't notice it.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #789 on: August 30, 2011, 02:06:08 PM »
Crashed,
It only crashed when I was doing my quick testing. Just trying to see the limits of my end of the server stability..

Okay guys, here's the deal. I've restarted MCMA, thus allowing the server to remain up. However, I have to maintain the remote connection to the server computer to keep the game up and running. This means that my computer must be on and connected at all times, else the server goes down. The same thing would probably happen if Stuffman was the one to restart MCMA himself.

I have no idea how or why this is the case. I'm not proficient enough in Linux to get this to work without having to maintain such a connection. This is kinda stupid, but at least the server is up again. I don't want to leave my computer on and connected 24-7 for obvious reasons. Also, my internet provider likes to be retarded sometimes. If we cannot see about resolving this twist to the issue, then I'll definitely want to switch providers.

EDIT- I researched the situation a little more and found a way to keep the server going without having to maintain the connection. Hopefully it will stay active while I'm gone.

Okay. Going to bed for real this time :V
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:10:44 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #790 on: August 30, 2011, 02:07:18 PM »
First, install the latest drivers from AMD's website then reboot your system. If FPS is still too low, install Optifine as well.

Eh, i'm not exactly sure which one i had so i downloaded the auto detect and install one, but it said it cant find my OS/what driver i have o_o

Edit : nvm i think i found it ....

Edit2: just so i dont screw up, i download the driver, uninstall my old one, install the downloaded one... just double checking.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:17:50 PM by EternitySky »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #791 on: August 30, 2011, 05:40:20 PM »
Um, is it just me, or is the live-feed map still not working correctly? :derp: (not talking about the sudden darkness btw)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #792 on: August 30, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »
I've realized something. My prediction about the server crashing more and more is comming true.  :ohdear:
Soon IT WILL BE 5 MINUTES
Its working right now though

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #793 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »
Well this peculiar... The server crashed again but it did so like directly after I got killed by the ghast.  I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of glitch with the nether going on... If you guys like delete the nether or something you guys owe me a diamond sword  :V
2lazy2createbettersig

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #794 on: August 30, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »
Well this peculiar... The server crashed again but it did so like directly after I got killed by the ghast.  I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of glitch with the nether going on... If you guys like delete the nether or something you guys owe me a diamond sword  :V
But with no nether, what are we going to do about glowstone? D=

« Reply #795 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »
Not delete the Nether altogether, just "reset" it. This would generate a completely new Nether, erasing all traces of the old one. It's just a thought, since glowstone is kinda hard to find there lately. I think I'll try to regenerate the glowstone deposits first before anything drastic like that comes about. Don't worry, it's not terribly important.

Server's back up, by the way.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #796 on: August 30, 2011, 10:50:58 PM »

Interesting hypothesis; we do know there's also a glitch related to me and Strafe trying to access the Nether too, so the problem being Nether-related is very possible.

In fact, it could be some kind of compatibility issue with Phoenix Terrain Mod maybe? The Nether doesn't use PTM, and shifting between the two worlds could be causing weirdness.

Try dying in the nether, and also try using /spawn and /home in the nether and see if that produces crashes.

Me and Strafe can both reboot the server manually now so this calls for some SCIENCE.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #797 on: August 30, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »
Okay so dying in the nether and respawning back in the main world wouldn't trigger the crash when Strafe and Chen were testing it.

That means we need your help to figure out what triggers it! If you are online when a crash happens, please report in this thread exactly what you were doing when it happened. This will help give us ideas of what to look into.

« Reply #798 on: August 30, 2011, 11:38:41 PM »
I still think it has to do with their "suggested" approach to launching the server. It didn't even last an hour when I switched to it!  :derp:

Right now, I have the server rebooted using the same setup I used earlier today. This lasted the entire time I was asleep, so I think it should hold. I'll be keeping an eye on things, seeing if the server crashes by this method.

Everyone, just go on and play like you normally play. Like Stuffman suggested, if a crash occurs, then please let us know your whereabouts at the time.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #799 on: August 31, 2011, 01:11:44 AM »
It crashed again. It did it when Sunny tp'd from spawn to her house in Ellia. I wonder if teleporting is causing an issue? :wat:
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #800 on: August 31, 2011, 01:29:53 AM »
Okay. Restarted again. This time it wanted to give me a little more grief, but I got it. It was giving me a few errors, that I'll look into updating.

No, I don't believe that teleporting is an issue, unless it causes intense lag and stress on the server itself. However, we'll keep that in mind.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #801 on: August 31, 2011, 02:11:54 AM »
No, I don't believe that teleporting is an issue, unless it causes intense lag and stress on the server itself. However, we'll keep that in mind.

Actually it does. Every time you teleport you have to quickly load all the chunks around you, and as the log at one time indicated the crashes may be memory related.

Point of concern: while the server was down the log was spammed with about a zillion instances of "unknown console command". Things are pretty fucked up D:

« Reply #802 on: August 31, 2011, 03:22:16 AM »
server crashed :|

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2011, 03:29:42 AM »
server died on my side, same with bsods. same with everyone?
Edit: oh...

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2011, 03:30:52 AM »
did here

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2011, 03:31:31 AM »
Yeah, server crashed again. Not sure why.
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2011, 03:39:24 AM »
Goddamn. This is getting very frustrating. Attempting to restart now.... It's giving me the same shit it did earlier...

Edit - back online now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:41:46 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #807 on: August 31, 2011, 03:41:16 AM »
I connected for 3 seconds, then "Server is shutting down". Now I can't connect. ...........?

EDIT: Nevermind. :V
TF2 Backpack

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #808 on: August 31, 2011, 03:41:50 AM »
I just started the server and then shut it down from MCMA to stop the log from exploding. Sorry, I want to keep the server down until this is fixed.

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #809 on: August 31, 2011, 03:43:15 AM »
I just started the server and then shut it down from MCMA to stop the log from exploding. Sorry, I want to keep the server down until this is fixed.
*dies*