Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289966 times)

CadrinHaverit

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
« Reply #390 on: August 02, 2011, 03:00:50 PM »
It's the same person as I mentioned, ehe.
I'm poor at remembering which player uses what nickname on the forum. :/ Well, actually his house got expanded, I guess. It's only got a small crater in front of the entrance, but got a brand new spankin' TNT cannon on top of the mountain. Kinda reminds me of Half-Life 2's Lost Coast bonus chapter, with the Combine seizing a church and mounting a cannon in it.

Also, Pineappleyed's house. But it was a good distance away from Koishiville (like 100 blocks southeast).

Splendid devastation, guys. I think it's been almost all of the 72 hours that Brohoster gave people to secure the contents of their servers before shutting them down for good. Looking forward to seeing you on the new server, then.

« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »
Nicely done! Better try to explore the area :V
EDIT: I also like how EternitySky's house is the only relatively intact settlement that isn't a blast shelter.

i gave you permission to blast it apart :o ...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #392 on: August 02, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
I know, but I decided to let you detonate your place.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »
mk o-o, i got 30minutes before i go to school so i'ma do it now... is there still tnt in spawn? :V

Edit:

lowing up my house was harder than i thought... with the ammount of creepers that blew up my farm and the ghast that kept killing me + setting off tnt .... oh well most of it is blown up aniwaiz...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:00:37 PM by EternitySky »

« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2011, 08:01:54 AM »
I tell ya, this has been the longest 72 hours I've spent. I'm going nuts without being able to play the game properly.

I mean, I can only troll the players and crash the server so much.... :V

But I do want to discuss something  with you guys regarding PTM. I've read up on it, and it seems like it is Bukkit compatible. That's good. However, they strongly suggest that a new map be generated once the plugin is in place. This will defeat our efforts on saving the town, spawn, etc. My question is: How badly do you guys want to move away from "vanilla terrain"?

I did manage to save the town and other places of interest to .schematic files like I mentioned earlier. If we do go ahead with a fresh PTM world, I can see about plopping them down somewhere. This way we won't (technically) lose our items and homes. Whether we build a new starting village is up to you guys as well as the layout of the spawn area. I'm thinking that if this all works out, we can have Koishi Town as a historical landmark? That is, if placing the .schematic files does work...

Anyway, I'd like to know what you guys think about this while Stuffman and I are still working out the new server.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:19:17 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »
The ghast spawner is gone btw. (so is your house~)

Wonder when the server is going to implode. (besides by Strafeism)

I tell ya, this has been the longest 72 hours I've spent. I'm going nuts without being able to play the game properly.

Might as well. It's kinda useless now that it's imploding soon. Very fun though. I expect more "pulled a strafe"'s in the future. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »

Yeah, that's a LONG 72 hours....

But I do want to discuss something  with you guys regarding PTM. I've read up on it, and it seems like it is Bukkit compatible. That's good. However, they strongly suggest that a new map be generated once the plugin is in place. This will defeat our efforts on saving the town, spawn, etc. My question is: How badly do you guys want to move away from "vanilla terrain"?

I did manage to save the town and other places of interest to .schematic files like I mentioned earlier. If we do go ahead with a fresh PTM world, I can see about plopping them down somewhere. This way we won't (technically) lose our items and homes. Whether we build a new starting village is up to you guys as well as the layout of the spawn area. I'm thinking that if this all works out, we can have Koishi Town as a historical landmark? That is, if placing the .schematic files does work...
I am starting to get bored with vanilla terrain (not nearly as fun to explore), but don't want to jump into extreme PTM'd worlds yet.
As for my preferences with PTM, I prefer significantly larger versions of the current biomes that spread for hundreds or thousands of blocks, with greater variety in elevation. It'd also be very nice to see river valleys and gorges, but that's starting to stretch it a bit.

I'd like to see Koishiville return as well, but I'm not so sure about continuing from there. It'd make a great historical site though!

Wonder when the server is going to implode. (besides by Strafeism)
Might as well. It's kinda useless now that it's imploding soon. Very fun though. I expect more "pulled a strafe"'s in the future. :V
And now we wait for the server to actually implode...well, we have something to look forward to, ehe.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:39:30 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2011, 03:10:11 PM »
I'm down for keeping Koishiville in the new terrain too.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2011, 03:52:26 PM »
I'd like Koishiville to be a landmark too :D, cuz even if its a historical land mark, it can still be used as overnight camps or emergency homes xD...

Its a shame we cant do the same for rukinville :ohdear:

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
I'd like Koishiville to be a landmark too :D, cuz even if its a historical land mark, it can still be used as overnight camps or emergency homes xD...

Its a shame we cant do the same for rukinville :ohdear:

It would be used as overnight camps if everyone didn't LOCK THEIR DAMN DOORS.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #400 on: August 03, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »
qft :<
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #401 on: August 03, 2011, 06:09:37 PM »
New rule of Koishiville - NO LOCKED DOORS. Admittedly I've had them myself...I'll get them unlocked.

EDIT: It looks like the server breathed its last breath and shut down for good. So long BroHoster! (though it was 2 hours later than I expected)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:47:51 PM by PARU Magnificent Breweries GmbH »
Bad command or file name

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #402 on: August 03, 2011, 07:11:07 PM »
sorry if i sound like a total noob when i ask this but, what does PTM stand for?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #403 on: August 03, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
Phoenix Terrain Mod. Allows for non-vanilla terrain generation on new maps.
Bad command or file name

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #404 on: August 03, 2011, 08:22:34 PM »

Maybe we can make another world with phoenix terrain mod
and make it "Survival World"

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #405 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »
My Moonside didn't get as far as half a town-hall and an art sculpture

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #406 on: August 03, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
Thanks  :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #407 on: August 03, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »
I'll start looking at new servers this weekend. Strafe have you done any research on other hosts?

« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2011, 07:32:37 AM »
Strafe have you done any research on other hosts?
:V
I am still looking around. I wanted to address the PTM issue first, to see if that was going to cause us any problems like in the previous server. I've downloaded PTM's Bukkit module just in case their server goes down again. If we end up going with LethalDrive or anything similar, at least we can try to see if this PTM will work with their construct.

Guess I'll go conduct some proper research.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
PTM's Bukkit module

Wait what

FUCK. IT HAD ONE ALL ALONG.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2011, 08:52:03 PM »
Wait what

FUCK. IT HAD ONE ALL ALONG.
Yep. We should've known earlier. The major issue is whether we want a new map to include PTM, as Strafe noted.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #411 on: August 04, 2011, 09:29:53 PM »
I've PMed Stuffman my research on a new host. I guess we'll let you guys know once we get to the next step.

Also, I would like to discuss some things with DDRMANIAC007 regarding Servercraft, but it seems he is still Probated for some reason...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #412 on: August 04, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
Also, I would like to discuss some things with DDRMANIAC007 regarding Servercraft, but it seems he is still Probated for some reason...
I've exchanged PMs with him on MotK despite this condition. I can also contact him on Steam and YT if needed.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #413 on: August 04, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »
I'm not too keen on Servercraft, their servers seem to have really poor performance. DDR had 2 GB there didn't he? And we still got chunk errors constantly.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2011, 12:46:23 AM »
I'm not too keen on Servercraft, their servers seem to have really poor performance. DDR had 2 GB there didn't he? And we still got chunk errors constantly.
3GB, actually.

I agree on the chunk errors - happened more often there than on the recently passed server.

EDIT: Take your time with the new server, I've got some work on Touhou GTA and uni preparations to do. ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:29:53 AM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2011, 07:33:57 AM »
Yeah, I forgot about the chunk errors.. But it was also to get his input on MCMA, which I am definitely interested in.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2011, 07:37:10 AM »
MCMA definitely looks good for you two OPs. In that case we should definitely contact DDR somehow.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #417 on: August 05, 2011, 09:34:35 AM »
I flagged my earlier post to get Moderator attention. Let's hope they will oblige. I mean, July 27th was a week ago.

That said, I would like to ask everyone for their opinions on instating DDRMANIAC007 and tomhoffman (ArteMio) to the whitelist. I would like to do this without any drama or ill feelings. I wanted these subjects to come up after I built the courthouse, but :V. I think that since we're having (yet another) new beginning, we should start fresh.

Recap time!
DDR was the admin of the previous server before Stuffman and I began our own. There was a fair bit of fallout within the community, and as a result, DDR got probated. Stuffman and I believe that anyone that gets in trouble on MotK should also not be allowed to play with us on the server. This keeps any other drama from the person in question from infecting our time in Minecraft. Now, I do not personally hold a grudge against DDR, and I am saddened by the situation that happened a few weeks ago. I would like to add him to the whitelist so that he can begin anew with us, but only if you guys wish to.

I removed tomhoffman (ArteMio) from the whitelist after finding evidence that he stole from Peasant_miner (Cadmas). Having played with tom, I was disappointed that this situation came about. Thinking on it now, I believe that I acted hastily. I am willing to reinstate him on the whitelist to give him another chance. However, it should be noted that any further thievery will not be tolerated. Most likely, everyone will have access to LogBlock or BigBrother, so they can conduct their own CSI spree if need be. If we agree to bring him back, I do not want to regret having done so.

Again to reiterate. I would like to discuss this in a civilized manner without invoking any drama from the past. I would like to continue playing with these two in hopes that it will be a beneficial decision. If you would prefer to send me your thoughts via PM, feel free to do so.

New rule of Koishiville - NO LOCKED DOORS. Admittedly I've had them myself...I'll get them unlocked.
I am not against people locking their doors. Yes it's annoying, but if they feel that they should, then go for it. I just want them to understand that it doesn't provide the security that they think it does. I would prefer that people not lock their doors as their only line of defense from thieves. Whether you lock your doors or not, please make sure to lock your chests!! All of them.

GRRRAAAAAAH I AM ADMIN FOLLOW MY RULES OR DIE. >:(
Anyway, why do you guys frown on people locking their homes? Do we have any other potential sneak-thieves?  ;)

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #418 on: August 05, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
GRRAAAAAAH I AM ADMIN FOLLOW MY RULES OR DIE. >:(
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »
I'm in favour of reinstating both DDR and Artemis. Server issues aside I never had problems playing with them.

The locked doors...well, I guess it's due to it hindering tours of our monuments, houses, and whatnot. I already locked my chests and furnaces, though.
Bad command or file name