Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258367 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #960 on: September 01, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »
Finally captured Nue's stupid, stupid survival card. Still lost the game (Green UFO smashed me earlier), but I'm now back to the status quo of capturing every extra card in the series except the insanity that is Suwa War.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #961 on: September 02, 2009, 02:13:04 AM »
Finally captured Nue's stupid, stupid survival card. Still lost the game (Green UFO smashed me earlier), but I'm now back to the status quo of capturing every extra card in the series except the insanity that is Suwa War.

Goddammit, I lost The Game.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #962 on: September 02, 2009, 02:37:41 AM »
Finally captured Red Frog, which leaves Suwa War as the only MoF card I have yet to capture. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #963 on: September 02, 2009, 02:53:52 AM »
Oh God lol.  So, I finally got past stage 4 of IN no-bombs, making it to stage 5. 

I really should have made it to stage 6 though, but I died to Invisible Full Moon in the most hilarious way ever.  In fact, all of stage 5 is a hideous failure, and everybody should download the replay just so they can laugh at it.

It should also be noted that I no-bomb/no-deathed Mystia in this run.  It's okay though, I made up for it by dying to the streaming fuzzies in the beginning of the stage.  It wouldn't be a real run if I didn't die on stage 2 now would it?  :D

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #964 on: September 02, 2009, 03:06:15 AM »
O LOOK

Let's
Play
Imperishable
Night

Processing Videos May Have Lesser Quality, Wait A Bit, I Guess, This Is Only Here So I Have Six Lines For The Six Stages

Also, this was poorly done.  Volume is funky because I forgot to mess around with it beforehand, so I may be hard to hear, and it's only Normal, but overall it is a decent product and a good learning experience so as not to screw up next time damn it Shim you moron.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #965 on: September 02, 2009, 03:55:17 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Replay.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:02:00 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #966 on: September 02, 2009, 04:00:30 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Replay, screenshots to come.

@_@ Massive congrats, that's awesome. Sweet Jesus, with two lives to spare?!

Also,
O LOOK

Let's
Play
Imperishable
Night

Processing Videos May Have Lesser Quality, Wait A Bit, I Guess, This Is Only Here So I Have Six Lines For The Six Stages

Also, this was poorly done.  Volume is funky because I forgot to mess around with it beforehand, so I may be hard to hear, and it's only Normal, but overall it is a decent product and a good learning experience so as not to screw up next time damn it Shim you moron.

This is great! YOU MUST MAKE ONE FOR MOUNTAIN OF FAITH LUNATIC. I want to hear your reactions to Peerless Bullshit God. :V
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:13:15 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

theshirn

« Reply #967 on: September 02, 2009, 04:09:43 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Replay.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFBAITYISAGODFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #968 on: September 02, 2009, 04:13:35 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Replay.

... Wait until Donut see this.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #969 on: September 02, 2009, 04:15:26 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Replay.

BAITY FUCKING DELIVERS
Good job.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #970 on: September 02, 2009, 04:37:35 AM »
One more screenshot. To show the pain and suffering hardships I endured.

Yeah, slowdown's a bit higher than "usual", probably because I was continually swapping between IRC and the game itself. Which also caused a bug to occur, though it doesn't affect the replay whatsoever.
<>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #971 on: September 02, 2009, 05:19:22 AM »
Hey guys, I just-

UFO Lunatic 1cc.

Replay.

O_O

*has a heart attack*

X_X

*is revived*

...A-anyway, I just captured Magic Butterfly! Twice in a row! That last dodge is tough, but I think I've got it. And also...

*stares at Baity*

Also...also I think I just figured out how to make Byakuren's first spell card as easy as possible! The smaller bullets travel in streams, and if you visualize it like that, it's much easier to dodge everything!

And I beat LFO without...=_=...dying again. I got WTF walled, and until I figure that out, I'm not capturing this card, but one bomb will take that out and I can kill it without dying from there.

So good for me! Good...for...me...

OTL ALL HAIL OUR NEW GOD. BAITY TRULY BELIEVES HE/SHE IS OF THE CHOSEN ONES.

*downloads replay and watches*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #972 on: September 02, 2009, 05:29:09 AM »
Also...also I think I just figured out how to make Byakuren's first spell card as easy as possible! The smaller bullets travel in streams, and if you visualize it like that, it's much easier to dodge everything!
I figured this out 3-4 days ago. Adding to this, the Seizure BulletsTM also travel in a similar manner, but in "reverse direction". I would still bomb it because it's so easy to clipdeath against. In an average run, you need to be able to quickly read the oncoming bullets, and position yourself precisely in a short time frame. And use some vertical dodging if you're unlucky  :V

OTL ALL HAIL OUR NEW GOD. BAITY TRULY BELIEVES HE/SHE IS OF THE CHOSEN ONES.

*downloads replay and watches*
Just a note, there are some spectacular things in that replay, yet at the same time, some really, really stupid deaths. Everybody's calling me a God now  :V
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:38:12 AM by BaitySM »
<>

« Reply #973 on: September 02, 2009, 05:37:55 AM »
O LOOK

Let's
Play
Imperishable
Night

I'm actually capping video (for no good reason) of my first "real" (i.e. default lives for a change, lol) 1cc that I managed this evening right now. Mine's only IN Easy though. ... guess I've got to start somewhere?

nintendonut888

« Reply #974 on: September 02, 2009, 05:59:44 AM »
@_@

I'm...a bit disappointed actually. I was too amazed by the tactics (and how many of these are impossible for Reimu A D:) and stuff to count the total deaths, but it seems that UFO lunatic forces you to be a slave to the UFO system. :(

Still, good job. <3

NOW DO PoD-*clip-death*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #975 on: September 02, 2009, 06:00:28 AM »
So what's the order of Lunatics these days?

Is it UFO > SA > EoSD > IN > PCB > MoF?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #976 on: September 02, 2009, 06:16:59 AM »
@_@

I'm...a bit disappointed actually. I was too amazed by the tactics (and how many of these are impossible for Reimu A D:) and stuff to count the total deaths, but it seems that UFO lunatic forces you to be a slave to the UFO system. :(

Still, good job. <3

It's a "rough" 1cc. There's a reason why the Japanese do think that SanaeB was the most powerful overall.

I also used my bombs in spots where I believe I would clipdeath, hence giving me the largest return (of lives, and the large number of successful deathbombs). Hell, if you don't count stupid deaths / bombs, I can reach 5 spare lives easily (Tablet Theory* says that this will never happen though). I'll probably go around all the shot types and 1cc those in time as well. Probably in this order.

ReimuA, ReimuB, SanaeA, MarisaB, MarisaA.

Quickly adding as well, I believe that I did a demostration run for S5 and 6 and how to UFO chain properly with minimal bomb usage. Only 1-2 bombs for S6 is needed to be able to chain as good as SanaeB. S5 is the same thing; 1-2 bombs is enough if you exclude bombing Nazrin away for additional UFOs.

Some form of EDIT: Yeah, 1 bomb is all you need against the waves of fairies for maximum bomb gathering.
And...
I'm...a bit disappointed actually.
So about capturing Ichirin's first Boss Spell Card...

NOW DO PoD-
no. Well, not yet anyways. At least let me finish off this session. Then I might give it another go.

So what's the order of Lunatics these days?

Is it UFO > SA > EoSD > IN > PCB > MoF?
Sounds about right. Though, UFO is technically "easier" since you can bomb your way through parts you have trouble on with most shot types (4 of 6).

*NOT what you think it is; it's an insider.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:54:11 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #977 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:32 AM »
It's hardly a 1cc, but I managed to reach stage 6 on PCB Hard.

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4648

« Reply #978 on: September 02, 2009, 07:57:03 PM »
One question Baity.

At 2/2 going into LFO, were you not even *slightly* tempted at going for the capture?  ;) Both of your bombs seemed to be timed to get yourself into a better shotgunning position rather than to keep you alive.

I'd probably have given in and tried it.
Quote from Myosotis:

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #979 on: September 02, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »
ABOUT FREAKING TIME

Suwa War captured, and by extension every spell card in Mountain of Faith capped. Hell yes. :D

The reason I post the replay, though, is not so much the Suwa War capture and more the hilarious fail that went on during most of the rest of the run. It was bad to the point that I managed to get killed by Suwako during the point between Red Frog and Suwa War (which had me worried it wouldn't count the Suwa War cap <_<).

Incidentally, over the course of the Suwa War attempts, Moriya's Iron Ring has become one of my favourite cards in the series, but only when you do it wrong. :V
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #980 on: September 02, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »
One question Baity.

At 2/2 going into LFO, were you not even *slightly* tempted at going for the capture?  ;) Both of your bombs seemed to be timed to get yourself into a better shotgunning position rather than to keep you alive.

I'd probably have given in and tried it.
Survival comes before capture for a first 1cc. If you look at Stage 5, you'll see that I don't even want to attempt to go for a capture of any SC unless I had no bombs (because Lunatic is that much more overwhelming than Hard). I believe all most of the 1cc's so far shown on royalflare bomb Syou's 1st, 3rd and 4th SCs. And they usually bomb Mid-Boss Nazrin away. For extra UFOs.Oh God that SC is BS.

Also, both bombs were at points where I felt I was "cornered". I believe the first bomb wasn't necessary (i.e. everything would've missed), but the second one is looking like I would've been hit otherwise.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #981 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:09 PM »
Greatest Treasure almost equals Catwalk in difficulty on lunatic. =_= The fact that you benefit from bombing it only makes it worse. I captured it once out of sheer luck.

On that note: LFO LUNATIC CAPTURE! :D~

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4654

The deaths in this run were retarded (especially on Devil's Recitation, I thought the bomb would end it and moved up to the PoC), but the fact that even then there were only three deaths shows that I've come a fair ways. And before you ask, no I don't have any idea how I made those dodges at the end. That one wave at the end is the one that always kills me, and it was sheer luck that I avoided it this time.

Also, Baity. Any good tips on how to consistently beat midboss Nues? I'm pretty sure the attacks are static and aimed at your position, but the third and fourth waves for both just seem to kill me or let me live at the whims of fate.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #982 on: September 03, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »
On that note: LFO LUNATIC CAPTURE! :D~

Congrats, that's kickass. I still haven't capped the Hard version. <_< I should probably get to work on that.

Time to continuespam my way through SA Lunatic, I think.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:18:42 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #983 on: September 03, 2009, 12:20:59 AM »
I can't believe it. I actually did it... MoF, stage 4, Normal, NO DEATHS!

Behold: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4656

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #984 on: September 03, 2009, 12:38:07 AM »
Greatest Treasure almost equals Catwalk in difficulty on lunatic. =_= The fact that you benefit from bombing it only makes it worse. I captured it once out of sheer luck.
My History is sitting on something like 5/50? More? Less? Not as BS as "Catwalk"SA S5 SC1, but still.

A better comparison would be "CoK"[?]PCB S5 SC5 without slowdown, larger bullets, and a bullets being spawned from the side.

Also, Baity. Any good tips on how to consistently beat midboss Nues? I'm pretty sure the attacks are static and aimed at your position, but the third and fourth waves for both just seem to kill me or let me live at the whims of fate.
Ehh... no. Personally, I would use 1-2 bombs during the "Red" waves for max power. I think it's static and / or aimed. I try to follow a middle, middle -> left, middle, middle -> right scheme (normally... you probably won't ever see me follow this in a 1cc for some reason; probably irrationality).
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4657
Not sure if this would show it though  :V
<>

theshirn

« Reply #985 on: September 03, 2009, 12:42:47 AM »
A better comparison would be "CoK"[?]PCB S5 SC5 without slowdown, larger bullets, and a bullets being spawned from the side.
Nah, because Components of Konpaku is easy.  (Comparatively.)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #986 on: September 03, 2009, 01:38:07 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4654
Wait, you got Byakuren's 2nd non-spell?  :V

Also, the way you're doing Byakuren's 4th non-spell is off a bit from the "optimal" path. I'll demonstrate it once I come back in like 5 hours or so.

Nah, because Components of Konpaku is easy.  (Comparatively.)
Hence the additions.
<>

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #987 on: September 03, 2009, 02:02:29 AM »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #988 on: September 03, 2009, 02:27:15 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4658

FUCK YEAH.

Congrats on the 1cc!

Aaaaand I finally managed to continuespam my way through SA Lunatic. Many of those spell cards were terrifying... I highly doubt a 1cc of that is coming anytime soon.
Let's fight.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #989 on: September 03, 2009, 02:44:08 AM »
YES! YES YES YES YES YES!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Stage 6 no deaths run! YES!!!!

Replay of awesomeness: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4659

EDIT: YES! MoF Normal 1cc! http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4660
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:46:37 AM by ShiningDrake »