Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258378 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #780 on: August 28, 2009, 12:02:44 AM »
OMFG WAT DID ZUN DO WITH NUE THIS IS ONLY FIRST TIME ON MARISA

This replay says all.

« Reply #781 on: August 28, 2009, 12:13:48 AM »
Quoting myself:

As for me:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4554

MoF Normal Reimu B no vertical.

I guess this isn't as impressive as it could be. I'll attempt to do it without dying.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #782 on: August 28, 2009, 12:23:04 AM »
I... kind of want to rage since I missed my goal, but in reality I'm still pretty amazed with how it went, so yeah. :D

I just attempted PCB Extra no focus, cleared with only a single death on Unilateral Contact (goddamn I hate that card). Bombs were used and abused, as were borders, but I'm still pretty happy with it. Izuna Gongen was pretty tense since I had no bombs or borders for the last phase or two, and ReimuWeAk makes the phases drag on for twice as long as they should do. Also, I get the feeling I'm actually getting worse at Kokkuri-San's Contract, the more often I play it. :V

Anywho, replay.
Let's fight.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #783 on: August 28, 2009, 12:45:31 AM »
beat Shou on Normal finally.

she's really not as bad as you all make it seem, honestly.

most of her attacks are just meant to scare you shitless, but after you dodge a couple of bullets it clears up.

capped her last card on my first time getting to it. :)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #784 on: August 28, 2009, 02:28:53 AM »
...YES! Almost got through PCB Easy! I don't care if it's not a 1cc, it's pretty close, and definitely WAY better than I've done before.

Here's the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4563

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #785 on: August 28, 2009, 02:29:56 AM »
All of Byakuren's Spell Cards captured at least once. Expect a showcase. Though, since I have a Pharmaceutics practical, I'll let it process during then.

/grammar bash.

EDIT: also, expect delays since I'm now running late for classes, and still haven't hit the upload button.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:44:43 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #786 on: August 28, 2009, 03:30:21 AM »
Well, I decided to continuespam my way through MoF Lunatic since I'd never done it before. Cue Stage 6, after a few continues all failing before Source of Rains, I get my first taste of VoWG Lunatic at full power and two lives to spare.

I use every single bomb I have and clear the Stage with 0 lives and 0 power.

HOLY SHIT. @_@
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #787 on: August 28, 2009, 03:44:14 AM »
Congrats, again. You'll be putting my dirt-speckled name to shame in no time. :(

On a similar note, I FINALLY beat UFO stage 3 lunatic without continuing! :D Not only that, but I just beat stage 4, unlocking it for lunatic practice!

Now I can see what stage 5 is like on lunatic! :D ... D:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:48:51 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #788 on: August 28, 2009, 03:44:45 AM »
Well.. after that "Tea addict" (no offense) posted a no focus phantasm run, I decided to try it out myself. I'm pretty sure I ended with 3 lives in stock or so- we did almost equally well.
Yea, I really should upload that onto my youtube account, along with my No-deaths run of Yukari, No-deaths run of Mokou, and I should probably try to pacifist Yukari too.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #789 on: August 28, 2009, 04:02:41 AM »
"Tea addict" (no offense)

None taken. Tea is the drink of the gods! Congrats, too.

Congrats, again. You'll be putting my dirt-speckled name to shame in no time. :(

Pssh nah, clearing a single spell card using two lives and about ten bombs isn't all that impressive. :D Thanks, though.

Now I can see what stage 5 is like on lunatic! :D ... D:

That sounds... fun. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's probably 'holy christ bomb bomb bomb'-inducing, if Hard is any indication. @_@

Also, having just seen VoWG Lunatic, I went back and had another go at VoWG Hard. I capped it on my first attempt (I've only ever capped this once before after hours of attempts). It's nice to see some tangible improvement over how I used to play; I can now read the walls of bullets fast enough to micrododge through the walls that overlap whereas before I had to pretty much just dodge the main waves and pray.

Can't read them fast enough for Lunatic yet though, obviously. :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #790 on: August 28, 2009, 04:06:41 AM »

._.

This was my second try at the stage and first time reaching Syou. I even beat her opener. The rest was hardcore bomb spam, but still... ._.

Now I'm scared shitless at the thought of Byakuren. ;_;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #791 on: August 28, 2009, 04:08:44 AM »
LUNATIC LEGENDARY FLYING SAUCER.

Have fun! :D
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #792 on: August 28, 2009, 04:18:39 AM »
Wh...wha? I just game over'd on Byakuren's second non-spell. o_O How the hell do you predict where these lasers are going to be?!

Any help whilst I'm off emasculating myself would be appreciated. I'd rather not ragequit and have to work to get this far again.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #793 on: August 28, 2009, 04:23:14 AM »
Wh...wha? I just game over'd on Byakuren's second non-spell. o_O How the hell do you predict where these lasers are going to be?!

I think they're aimed at you, except that some are delayed; you get a bunch at once and then some more later aimed at you after you dodge away from the first lot. I could be wrong, though. What works for me is to misdirect to one side and move over to the other, then repeat back to the other side. Having said that I have no idea really about the Lunatic version, so hey. :V
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

« Reply #794 on: August 28, 2009, 04:28:12 AM »
Just captured Byakuren's first spell card somehow. :O Having no bombs can do wonders for your dodging ability sometimes.

EDIT: WTF I made it to Legendary Flying Saucer. o_O I died quickly on it though.

EDIT: Aaaauuuugh. Got to it again with no lives or bombs. Made it to the last phase. Why is this phase so hard? D:

Also, I'm confirming that the lasers in the second non-spell are NOT aimed. During death invincibility I stood still and the lasers were aimed in my general position, but not at me.

EDIT: Made it AGAIN. I've discovered how to get enough bombs to get me to her third spell card without dying in the stage, but it's not enough. :( Captured her Shinki spell card though.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:59:09 AM by nintendonut888 »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #795 on: August 28, 2009, 05:19:56 AM »
Managed to get all the way to Yuyuko's final (not including Resurrection Butterfly) and got finished off while she had about an eight of her health bar left... Kinda rage too, but still, this is a major improvement over... Not long ago, when I barely cleared Easy with ALL continues used >.< And now I'm nearly 1ccing it...

nintendonut888

« Reply #796 on: August 28, 2009, 05:23:35 AM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D Lunatic unlocked for stage practice! Due to me capturing Superhuman ~ Byakuren Hiziri, I reached Legendary Flying Saucer with a life to spare. I just barely managed this. I don't get why people think Superhuman is hard; I find it to be possibly her easiest spell card.

I don't even care that I got the bad ending, or that the game didn't give me the dignity of the credits. I'm just glad the past 80 minutes haven't been a waste.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #797 on: August 28, 2009, 05:26:27 AM »
I wish I was good as you. I'd love to have all practice stages unlocked just to play them, but I can't even beat Byrakuren on Hard. :(

nintendonut888

« Reply #798 on: August 28, 2009, 05:30:31 AM »
Meh, don't feel bad about it. Note that I only got this far through timing my bombs correctly and praying not to clip on Byakuren's last spell card.

Now I think it's time to take a well deserved break...

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #799 on: August 28, 2009, 05:51:11 AM »
Watch my showcase when it comes.

Syou's 2nd non-spell is 50% Pseudo-static (lasers) and 50% randomly aimed bullets. Have fun  :V
Why else do you think it's taking me so long to perfect S5? Personally, I would just bomb-pass it.

Byakuren analysis coming up while video is processing (still working on it). Also, analyzing the non-spells of the one that I haven't covered yet.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6wbOitTHGM
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:44:05 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #800 on: August 28, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »
YES!!! I finally did it! PCB Easy 1cc! This means that I've 1cc'd all the Windows games except MoF and PoFV. The former will probably be a nightmare, the latter I don't even plan on playing to be honest...

Anyway, replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4565

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
« Reply #801 on: August 28, 2009, 07:32:52 AM »
Just to celebrate.

I managed to 1cc SoEW on Normal  with ReimuB.

Which puts my current, unimpressive list on 1cc's to

SoEW
Easy - ReimuA+C
Normal - ReimuB

LLS
Normal-All

Whee.
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

« Reply #802 on: August 28, 2009, 08:03:29 AM »
YES!!! I finally did it! PCB Easy 1cc! This means that I've 1cc'd all the Windows games except MoF and PoFV. The former will probably be a nightmare, the latter I don't even plan on playing to be honest...

Anyway, replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4565

PCB Easy is harder than MoF Easy.

nintendonut888

« Reply #803 on: August 28, 2009, 08:40:47 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4566

Not as impressive as the rest of my achievements tonight, but nonetheless one I've been trying to do for a while: IN stage 2 no bombs or deaths. I failed Mystia's last spell, but whatever, I'm satisfied with this run. Mystia's quite a normal stage 2 boss (even a bit tougher than I gave her credit for for a long time), but she's one of the hardest to perfect due to her second non-spell.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #804 on: August 28, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »
Posting to say that I had a practice run where I captured all of Byakuren's Spell Cards, except for the last one where I clipped about 70% into it.

Let's analyze. AP is attack phase, and is much faster than writing non-spell and NS just looks plain weird. Essentially a paste from my notes. Actually, I'm paraphrasing from them because it helps me to remember then, as opposed to just copy-pasting.

UFO Byakuren Analysis (general information, not a summary; Hard / Lunatic)

AP1: ...I trust you all know how to do this. If not then it's a matter of finding the "opening", then moving through it. Not sure if you can move through it with 100% focus though. I'd rather not take the risk. Besides, letting go of focus then reapplying periodically wouldn't hurt, right?

SC1: Really fine positioning that requires you to utilize several skills. One of them is to use diagonal dodging at the bottom of the screen. Another is to read and "avoid" the diamond bullets (hate them more than "animated bullets"). Following the "flow" of the animated bullets for the first few waves certainly helps. Sometimes though, Byakuren will just throw a wall that requires pixel perfect placement. Picture, 2 animated bullets aligned side-by-side, circumferences touching, and try positioning yourself between that.

AP2: Streaming. Even at Lunatic, it's streaming. Stream or be boxed really. You might need to do an unfocus "leap" upon hearing the 5th set of lasers being fired (Lunatic only). Watch for clipdeaths on the aimed waves, watch for boxing yourself, etc. I have a success rate on this of about 80% per wave after practicing on it so much already.

SC2: Micromemorize. Prior to what I previously thought about the butterfly waves being aimed, it's just the other two options making stupid walls against me for staying in the middle too long. I'm calling it static now, and that's a definite. If you need to know when and where to move away from the center, then watch the showcase. If you want me to time it out to demonstrate, then that's fine too. And so is a cat.

AP3: ...is this static? Either way it's a matter of reading lines of bullets. I've found it better (should you start to feel pressured) to move to the right side a bit.

SC3: For Hard, staying at the lower half should suffice. Read lasers, stream stars. Left-Right and stuff. Or be a bit more daring and use vertical only from shotgun-distance. For Lunatic, it's more advisable to be closer, since the stars start firing at a much higher rate, which leads to boxing a lot quicker than you think. "Shotgunning" diverts the stars away much more easily. You could pure-vertical this as well, but you'd have to be pretty close 95% of the time.

AP4: Static with aimed streams of large bullets. Learn it. Also, Byakuren has no collision box, so you could stand on top directly with no consequence. I wouldn't do that at the bottom of the screen though, considering the aimed streams and other things. Inb4 that Japanese guy who had it running at 45 FPS and was able to pull it off and survive.

SC4: Impromptu dodging for the most part when the Spell Card starts to pick up. Attempting to time this thing out won't be worth your time. From 25 seconds, it'll pick up to "full speed" and at 15 seconds, omnidirectional (that is, rings), random bullets will start to be fired.

SC5: Static. Bottom left is safest if you're going to attempt this "defensively". Note that when Byakuren is at the bottom left (and heading to top left) the "charging" effect may interfere with your dodging, so you may want to move a bit closer to the center before this happens.

SC6: Parsing amulets, what more can I say? Avoid getting boxed at the bottom. Using SanaeB's bomb (or any long bomb) may cause you more harm, since it prolongs the attack, which is an attack that intensifies over time.

While I'm at it, if you can control S6's stage portion well enough *coughsanaebcough* then you can chain together quite a number of UFOs. There's also another trick, which is taking 3 blue UFOs, summoning a UFO, destroying it, and using the flashing UFO (along with the other 2 obtained from the waves of Space Invader fairies) to summon an "additional" UFO.

Stage 4 and 6 "Mid-Bosses" (i.e.
Spoiler:
Nue
) are static as well.

EDIT-X: typos.

Oh, and I found a MS summary of each character.

It went something like:

Reimu

Attack Power: E
Speed: E
Attack Range: A
Bomb Duration: B
Bomb Power: E
Main Shot: 5-way Spread
Option Shot: Homing (really low damage)

Marisa

Attack Power: A
Speed: C
Attack Range: D
Bomb Duration: D
Bomb Power: A
Main Shot: Converged 6-way (this is basically just columns)
Option Shot: Magic Missiles (high damage; high delay)

Mima

Attack Power: A
Speed: A
Attack Range: E
Bomb Duration: E
Bomb Power: B
Main Shot: 4-way Spread
Option Shot: Energy Balls (fast)

Yuka

Attack Power: D
Speed: E
Attack Range: A
Bomb Duration: A
Bomb Power: B
Main Shot: 5-way Spread
Option Shot: Flower spread (4-way *2)

You can clearly see the imbalance  :V

...goodness. That's a bit too long of a post I think.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:02:59 PM by BaitySM »
<>

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #805 on: August 28, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

Also, having just seen VoWG Lunatic, I went back and had another go at VoWG Hard. I capped it on my first attempt (I've only ever capped this once before after hours of attempts).

Congrats on that... I wish I could SURVIVE this card with less than 2 lives...

It's the only thing keeping me from 1CCing the game on hard :(

23 tries and still haven't beaten VoWG
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #806 on: August 28, 2009, 02:04:48 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D Lunatic unlocked for stage practice! Due to me capturing Superhuman ~ Byakuren Hiziri, I reached Legendary Flying Saucer with a life to spare. I just barely managed this. I don't get why people think Superhuman is hard; I find it to be possibly her easiest spell card.

I don't even care that I got the bad ending, or that the game didn't give me the dignity of the credits. I'm just glad the past 80 minutes haven't been a waste.

Congrats! I doubt I'll manage that for a while yet, Hard was difficult enough for me. :V

Just to celebrate.

I managed to 1cc SoEW on Normal with ReimuB.

Congrats on the 1cc's! As Zengeku mentioned, PCB is easily one of the hardest Easy modes to 1cc; it's very close to its own Normal mode in difficulty. SoEW 1cc is pretty sweet too, IMO one of the harder Normal 1cc's due to the crazy bullet hitbox sizes, no focus, lack of deathbomb, etc.

Congrats on that... I wish I could SURVIVE this card with less than 2 lives...

It's the only thing keeping me from 1CCing the game on hard :(

23 tries and still haven't beaten VoWG

Maybe try practicing/timing out MoF Normal? I find that the dodging for VoWG Hard (even Lunatic for a little while, though it's faster) stays very similar to that of MoF Normal until you get about 60% through the card. The last 40% is the difficult part, but still... get the first bit down and you can cut down on a lot of bombs/deaths. :V
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #807 on: August 28, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »
I've been practicing VoWG on Hard myself.....either it's a clipfest or I can get down to last 40% without bombing and then it's just continuous walling.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #808 on: August 28, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
I've been practicing VoWG on Hard myself.....either it's a clipfest or I can get down to last 40% without bombing and then it's just continuous walling.

THIS

It's like, unless I learn how to pass through the amulets at the bottom of the screen, I'll never beat her.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Bananamatic

« Reply #809 on: August 28, 2009, 02:48:37 PM »
Apparently VoWG requires you to watch a much larger portion of the screen so you can read the gaps :V