Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258389 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2009, 01:59:49 AM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFF

I hate Kanako's second card, due to LOLCLIPDEATH with Marisa. It's easy as hell with Reimu, but I get clipped EVERY TIME when I use Marisa.

Oh, but I perfected putting 4 options on Kanako. =3 Just gotta stop dying at stupid places.

« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2009, 05:12:05 AM »
It's the opener and VoWG.

Sure, just two of the HARDEST ATTACKS IN THE SERIES THAT HAVE OWNED ME SOME 120 TIMES RUNNING, THAT'S ALL, IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S DIFFICULT or anything.

What's troubling with the opener for you? If you're having trouble understanding the pattern, play it on easy/medium/hard to see a slower incarnation so that your eyes can actually see the twisting of the bullets. If you already have that down, my only tip is to look above your hitbox. Know, from memory and a general "feel," just where your sprite is. If you've played Touhou long enough, this isn't something that's too hard to do. Once you get that down, just look an inch or two above your sprite, and dodge bullets based on their path in comparison to where you believe your sprite is located. Occasionally looking back and forth is fine, and sometimes necessary.

You'd be surprised how fast those 10 seconds go by once you master it.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2009, 05:48:35 AM »
It simply goes too fast for me to keep up with it. Too confusing, too much going on. X_X

Anyway, I just perfected Nitori. \o/ Still some mistakes on the stage though.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2009, 08:06:21 AM »
YEESSS!!!

I cleared Perfect Cherry Blossom on my first run!!
... on Easy... with... two... continues...

The point of this thread is not to impress people, right? Right!?

Of course it is, fool. People don't post in this thread until they can beat lunatic no focus with the worst shot type available. Get lost, n00b.

...I'm kidding. We all start off like that. Congrats, I hope you keep up the good work.
Thank you. This was the first time that I actually cleared a Touhou game of any kind, so the moment was breathtaking.

On a related note, I managed to clear Perfect Cherry Blossom on Easy again, but this time with Marisa B (the first time was with option A) and I only used one continue (progress!!).

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »
try IN or MoF on easy.

PCB is actually the hardest or second hardest game on easy mode..
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2009, 01:40:32 PM »
I beat IN with Team Reimu on easy yesterday!
(had to use a continue but whatever)

Two down.... alot more to go  :V

« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2009, 01:53:15 PM »
Quote from: royalflare.net
☆983,372,440 (64.0)     0.07%     霊夢A     Extra     2009/08/03 15:21     Phar
◇983,104,110 (64.0)     0.07%     霊夢A     Extra     2009/07/15 13:06     coa

Eh. Could have been better, but I'll take it. :V

If my stage run hadn't been so abysmal and I hadn't ended Iron Rings at the worst possible timing, I would've flown past the 984 million. As I expected, the zigzag non-spells are really important faith sources, but especially timing-wise they're mostly luck-based, unfortunately.

Drake

« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2009, 04:59:55 PM »
You sure like pushing coa to the brink, don't you?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »
Finally got my StB all clear.

What's with the Newspaper Extra 1 thing after the Ex stages?

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2009, 05:48:40 PM »

What's with the Newspaper Extra 1 thing after the Ex stages?

It was an extra space reserved for additional downloadable levels that was never utilized.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »

One of these days, I'll actually get around to doing that, but StB is just a tad too much for me to care right now (I mostly blame Aya's speed more than the actual danmaku).

For now, I finally got around to capturing all of Satori's Recollection cards, which leaves Patchy's Elemental Signs and Border of Life and Death for Lunatic/Extra cards that I still need to capture.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2009, 09:58:27 PM »
Erm, not really. Yes, it's *true* the only things you have to watch out for are the part of the stage between Alice second midboss and Alice boss, Alice's boss opener, and Benevolent, but Alice's boss opener is extremely hard, Benevolent is bullshit, and the second half of the stage, between Alice second midboss and Alice boss is a shitstorm clusterfuck of pure bullshit. I have 2 runs that are perfect Alice battles but still haven't perfected this stage just because of that portion, which I think I survive without dying/bombing/breaking a border about once every 20 runs. Seriously.

To be fair, that section only becomes bullshit with Marisa.  With Reimu it's hard but fair (I can capture it about 1/2 the time), and Cheesekuya all but trivializes it.  Though Marisa is probably the best at taking down Alice, so it sort of evens out.

And as for that comment about PCB st.3 in general, I worded it badly so just forget I said it.  It is of course an extremely hard stage to perfect.

Yukkuri

« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
I beat IN with Team Reimu on easy yesterday!
(had to use a continue but whatever)

Two down.... alot more to go  :V
It only counts if you 1CC clear it. :O

Try again.

« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2009, 10:35:57 PM »
I beat IN Extra with the Border Team. Died twice to Fujiyama Volcano, though now at least I know what to do to capture it. Doesn't seem that hard now, though it'll still eat a bomb most of the time.
And I don't know how to get the safespot in Xu Fu's Dimension, so I just dodge it normally. It's not like it's really hard anyway.

I'm really lucky Mokou's last spell is so freaking lol-easy for a final spell. I reached it 0/1 and bombed for safety.

I'm currently trying SA Extra. I stopped screaming at the game because the stage is total bullshit (Sanae's first spell = RAGE, especially because it's all memorization for the freaking lasers), and now I'm stuck at Koishi's 4th spellcard, even though it's her 3rd spell backwards (I still look over my sprite instead of under it).
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Drake

« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
oh hey guess what you can actually sit at the bottom center and have all the lasers miss you how about that

« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2009, 11:10:11 PM »
oh hey guess what you can actually sit at the bottom center and have all the lasers miss you how about that

I know. That's why it pisses me off so much, because if you don't know that you're completely fucked. I wasted a life on this stupid spell (auto-restart) for my first 15 runs or so before realizing this.

Or maybe you're not actually talking to me. I don't really care either way.

Drake

« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2009, 11:45:30 PM »
But that's only 15 runs. I figured it out the first time I got to the stage, but hell, my cap rate is 198/288 for some strange reason.

It's piss easy, man :(

« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »
But that's only 15 runs. I figured it out the first time I got to the stage, but hell, my cap rate is 198/288 for some strange reason.

It's piss easy, man :(

The card went from "Undodgeable Bullshit" to "Icicle Fall-esque" difficulty. I know I should be happy there's something easy in that stupid stage, but still.

And not only is it laughably easy, it's also really fucking boring. I like her second and third spellcards much more than her first. I also thought at first that her second spell was much easier than her first (well, it IS quite easy).

Now I need to do something that's actually worth talking about.

Why does the text box keep scrolling up and down all the time? (lol random)

« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2009, 01:40:27 AM »

...Oh God, this means I can actually have fun with EoSD stage 6 again.  It's, *sniff*... it's such a wonderful feeling. ;_;

So now the only mammoth spellcard I've left to capture is... ugh...QED.  That is going to be quite painful, so I'm just going to put it off some more kthx

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #319 on: August 04, 2009, 02:35:10 AM »

...Oh God, this means I can actually have fun with EoSD stage 6 again.  It's, *sniff*... it's such a wonderful feeling. ;_;

So now the only mammoth spellcard I've left to capture is... ugh...QED.  That is going to be quite painful, so I'm just going to put it off some more kthx

Sorry, but the only time that's allowed to happen is after you beat the stage no deaths. Because only a madmen would aim for a perfect run of this stage.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #320 on: August 04, 2009, 02:40:35 AM »

Sorry, but the only time that's allowed to happen is after you beat the stage no deaths. Because only a madmen would aim for a perfect run of this stage.

Phar is a madman then, but everybody knew that already.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #321 on: August 04, 2009, 02:55:45 AM »
Not sure if this is an actual accomplishment as such, but I just beat EoSD Extra the way it was meant to be beaten - with a shitload of alcohol going through my system. Would post the fail-filled replay except gensokyo.org isn't working, for some reason. Suffice to say I finished 0/0.

EDIT: Replay uploaded.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:56:03 PM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2009, 04:36:14 AM »
While trying to find out how to beat the pre-boss waves in PCB Phantasm, I cleared it for a second time, even though I fooled around a lot. I bombed Zenki and Goki twice, died to Yukari's 2nd spell, and bombed things at random. For some reason, this is the Extra Stage I have the least trouble with. I must be weird or something.

Oh yeah, it took two tries to find out how to dodge the pre-boss waves. It should work pretty consistently (it requires some timing), but I'm too lazy to test it any further. Once I dodged it while going through one of the familiars, so it can't be that hard anyway.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2009, 06:36:34 AM »

Border of Life and Death capture!  All that remains are Patchy's Elemental Signs, and I'll have captured every Lunatic/Extra Spell Card in the Windows era.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
I defeated Koishi and Gengetu Yesterday, that means I have two extra stages left!

I also captured Mokou's last spell but that isn't a big achievement I guess.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »
I have no idea what possessed me to do this, but hey.

EoSD Extra no focus clear!

QED while not being able to focus is terrifying. Also lol Maze of Love and Starbow Break

EDIT: Just did another no focus clear, this time PCB Extra. Finished 4/1, the non-cards went a lot better than anticipated, and the no focus cap of Kokkuri-San's Contract was very nice. Also lol Ultimate Buddhist, Unilateral Contact, Izuna Gongen

Aaaand that's probably my last achievement for a while since I'm away for a few weeks with no Touhou. ;_;
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:40:26 PM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »
Captured "Tree-Ocean of Hourai", Kaguya's Last Word. It's not too hard, but it took me 5 attempts just to figure it out, and the round bullets are often hard to see because they like to cross those lines of aiming bullets. Too much colors.

Finally cleared FinalB on Normal. I had cleared FinalA about 6 months ago. Finished 6/0. I also managed to get enough time for every last spells, though I failed Wriggle's (lol), Marisa's, and every one Kaguya has except her last one.

Is it just me, or is Kaguya's 5th last spell the easiest (on Easy/Normal)? I capture it quite often, while I almost always screw up on the others. I know her first is really simple, but I still fail it all the time. And I can't dodge her 2nd or 4th at all.   

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »
Finally!

Finished IN on Normal FinalB

I'm very happy about this.

I gave up on this game last week and today I did it on my second try... :)

Now onto EoSD or SA....

Many thanks to Generalguy for going out of his way to help me :)

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4185
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2009, 06:40:20 PM »
Finally beat SA on Normal (thanks to bombing Orin repeatedly). The downside: I hate SA Extra now. Where are my excessive 1-ups?

« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2009, 06:53:48 PM »
Quote from: royalflare.net
1     1.00a     ☆983,372,440 (64.0)     0.07%     霊夢A     Extra     2009/08/03 15:21     Phar
2     1.00a     ◇983,189,340 (64.0)     0.03%     霊夢A     Extra     2009/08/04 16:03     coa
3     1.00a     △982,767,840 (64.0)     0.13%     霊夢A     Extra     2009/08/04 19:35     Jack

Oh what. These people are pretty desperate about their scores. I have a feeling my high score is not going to last for another 24 hours :V