Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258385 times)

Drake

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2009, 09:40:58 PM »
Stop dodging in a random direction and dodge in the direction you're supposed to.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »
Stop dodging in a random direction and dodge in the direction you're supposed to.

Very informative advice, although I guess I walked into that one.

Anywho, just did another run and got my first captures of Double Death Butterfly and Danmaku Bounded Field, which means all Phantasm cards captured. Woo!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:46:11 PM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2009, 09:12:38 PM »
-Theory that "VoWG" can be micro-memorized, but to do that for the entire duration is somewhat ridiculous.
No. There is a degree of randomness in how each wave is generated.

Micromem'ing it is silly anyway, just learn to parse the waves just before they're flung at you and you'll have no problem capping it most of the time.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2009, 08:30:54 AM »
-Theory that "VoWG" can be micro-memorized, but to do that for the entire duration is somewhat ridiculous.
No. There is a degree of randomness in how each wave is generated.

Micromem'ing it is silly anyway, just learn to parse the waves just before they're flung at you and you'll have no problem capping it most of the time.
"Instantaneous parsing" would've been a better term for what I was trying to describe now that I think about it. That's what I get for nearly falling asleep while I type (long day of trying to do this and that).

In other news... not really much of an achievement, but still:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4156

This run was done with no form of practice; I haven't touched (PCB) Lunatic in about 3 months, and that was just doing Stages 1 and 2. i.e. I haven't even tried Stages 3+ for Lunatic. Hard was nothing like it really. Haven't touched PCB save for Extra / Phantasm at a more recent date for that matter.

Alice was surprisingly easy, save for my horrible slamming into bullets, boxing myself at certain points, etc. . Random things which happen when I'm unfamiliar with the "environment", such as mass twitching (you'll see a lot of that if you dare watch).

I would watch it just for Stage 3.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2009, 09:47:35 AM »

It's fitting that the livestream is playing an Angry German Kid parody right now. Because that's what I'm feeling after the 40 minutes it took to do this. I finally pulled this off with Marisa B. Sure, Marisa A stage 4 no deaths would be better, but my condition was specifically to beat stage 4 without dying, Marisa A would just be a demonstration of skill.

The insulting thing though? I captured the books before this (count that as an accomplishment too, it's only my third time), then got killed by the EXACT last point I could have died on the stage with Marisa A. Had this not happened, I could have bomb spammed Patchy on Marisa A. But continuing, with the lowered rank...Marisa A Patchy is MUCH easier below max rank. I captured Agni Radiance and Lava Cromlech easily with the lowered rank, and I almost got Sylphae Horn High Level.

With this, the only stage I have left to beat no deaths in EoSD is extra. Sadly, I absolutely cannot grind extras; they're too long.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:52:27 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2009, 04:46:19 PM »
Bah. Got VoWG to 1/6th of it's health. I would've finally beat MoF Lunatic if I didn't mess up putting all four options onto Kanako(drop to three power during Source of Rains, then get the power in the proper position). I only got 2 on Kanako, actually. Got it down to half before my first bomb(with all four options, it would be around 1/3 left, compared to just 2), then bombed again, then died.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2009, 07:37:11 PM »
SoEW Hard 1cc, and by extension every one player danmaku Touhou Hard 1cc'd. Woo!

Now for the Lunatics... <_<
Let's fight.

« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2009, 08:10:02 PM »
Huzzah, got a Perfect ReimuB Patchy battle.  Though the fact that I died to the preboss fairy waves might have helped just a tiny bit.  Out of curiosity, how long does it take to get to max rank if you don't bomb or die at all?  Even with that death, Mercury Poison and Emerald Megalith were both moving pretty damn fast by the time I got to them.

nintendonut888

« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »
Huzzah, got a Perfect ReimuB Patchy battle.  Though the fact that I died to the preboss fairy waves might have helped just a tiny bit.  Out of curiosity, how long does it take to get to max rank if you don't bomb or die at all?  Even with that death, Mercury Poison and Emerald Megalith were both moving pretty damn fast by the time I got to them.

Quote from: me
Finally pulled off a no deaths Patchy battle.

Oh, and dying just before Patchy means you faced her much lower than max rank. To face her max rank, you pretty much can't die during the stage at all.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »
pic of raeg

B-b-but I died/bombed during the stage.   And I'll probably never do this again in my entire life because her first/last cards are 90% luck.  I'm not a bad person I swear :-[

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2009, 12:21:48 AM »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #281 on: August 02, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »
No seriously, why is it always the day I do something amazing that you all decide to do something even more amazing? ;_;

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2009, 12:53:55 AM »
No seriously, why is it always the day I do something amazing that you all decide to do something even more amazing? ;_;
My accomplishment is amazing now?
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2009, 01:15:41 AM »
It seems all the cool kids show off by perfecting PCB stage 3. I have no chance of ever pulling that off. ;_;

« Reply #284 on: August 02, 2009, 01:24:29 AM »
In other news... not really much of an achievement, but still:

*sniffle*

My 1cc wasn't an achievement...?  :-[
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2009, 01:26:08 AM »
Hell yes! Just managed a no deaths run of PCB Extra.

Well, here's something less amazing! :V
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 01:29:22 AM by Sapzdude »
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2009, 01:52:08 AM »
It seems all the cool kids show off by perfecting PCB stage 3. I have no chance of ever pulling that off. ;_;
I believe I spent something like 30 minutes learning how to spiral (which appears to start at random positions, so imagine the number of spawn deaths I had), 2+ hours grinding the stage portion because I kept getting walled. Another 1 hour or so was also devoted to dying to Non-Spells and restarting. And the occasional walling by "Maiden's Bunraku".

Wait, why am I saying this? You can do it! Or describe where you continually mess up and I'll see if I have the details on it to give you apart from "just dodge it".

*sniffle*

My 1cc wasn't an achievement...?  :-[
It's an achievement if you count it as one.

EDIT: That replay I put up isn't a 1cc; I end on Stage 5.

Ahh... so close to surviving Lunasa's 2nd Non-Spell Phase. Going to take a break from PCB I think. I just can't control myself properly in this, and it isn't because of input lag, because I have no such thing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 01:59:11 AM by BaitySM »
<>

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #287 on: August 02, 2009, 02:08:38 AM »
I beat PoFV!
Sure it was on easy and I used a continue, but I finally beat a Touhou game hooray!

Baby steps, baby steps....

Everyone says IN is the easiest, but I always run out of time on the 5th/6th stages and game over  :-\

« Reply #288 on: August 02, 2009, 02:34:55 AM »

Eh, PCB stage 3 is sort of overrated in difficulty to be honest.  A lot of the patterns in the stage are static, and can be made significantly easier by memorization/practice.  The biggest things you have to watch out for are the latter half of the stage, Alice's boss opener, and Benevolent Orleans Dolls, and even those get much easier with experience.  Don't sell yourself short; if you can perfect stage 5 then you certainly have what it takes to do stage 3.  ;)

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2009, 06:12:30 AM »
Eh, PCB stage 3 is sort of overrated in difficulty to be honest.  A lot of the patterns in the stage are static, and can be made significantly easier by memorization/practice.  The biggest things you have to watch out for are the latter half of the stage, Alice's boss opener, and Benevolent Orleans Dolls, and even those get much easier with experience.  Don't sell yourself short; if you can perfect stage 5 then you certainly have what it takes to do stage 3.  ;)
Erm, not really. Yes, it's *true* the only things you have to watch out for are the part of the stage between Alice second midboss and Alice boss, Alice's boss opener, and Benevolent, but Alice's boss opener is extremely hard, Benevolent is bullshit, and the second half of the stage, between Alice second midboss and Alice boss is a shitstorm clusterfuck of pure bullshit. I have 2 runs that are perfect Alice battles but still haven't perfected this stage just because of that portion, which I think I survive without dying/bombing/breaking a border about once every 20 runs. Seriously.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #290 on: August 02, 2009, 06:25:31 AM »
I have finally beaten Shuusou Gyoku! Yay!  :)
I have no idea what goes on after I beat Vivit though. She's saved, right? ... Right?
And what the hell are those machines doing near the shrine? I mean, there's a shrine gate and Marisa using Remilia's move.

Everyone says IN is the easiest, but I always run out of time on the 5th/6th stages and game over  :-\

I also don't get how they think that. To me, only SA is harder.

« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2009, 07:27:46 AM »
Erm, not really. Yes, it's *true* the only things you have to watch out for are the part of the stage between Alice second midboss and Alice boss, Alice's boss opener, and Benevolent, but Alice's boss opener is extremely hard, Benevolent is bullshit, and the second half of the stage, between Alice second midboss and Alice boss is a shitstorm clusterfuck of pure bullshit.

And then, when the fabled run finally does show up (perfecting everything up to and including Benevolent), you still have to worry about the rest of the battle and your nerves. Screwing up Alice's last card isn't a particularly rare thing to do :(

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
YEESSS!!!

I cleared Perfect Cherry Blossom on my first run!!
... on Easy... with... two... continues...

The point of this thread is not to impress people, right? Right!?

nintendonut888

« Reply #293 on: August 02, 2009, 08:46:53 AM »
YEESSS!!!

I cleared Perfect Cherry Blossom on my first run!!
... on Easy... with... two... continues...

The point of this thread is not to impress people, right? Right!?

Of course it is, fool. People don't post in this thread until they can beat lunatic no focus with the worst shot type available. Get lost, n00b.

...I'm kidding. We all start off like that. Congrats, I hope you keep up the good work.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #294 on: August 02, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »
Captured Soaring Bishamonten!
But the rest of the stage was incredibly crappy, so it probably was karma acting up.

« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2009, 10:12:23 PM »
Went from being a tired, useless player with no confidence this morning to doubling my high score on MoF hard this evening.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »
Perfect Stage 6 MoF Lunatic
WIFSKFVHXCOHVLZVHZXVIZOXGJNZLXVZXHFZLDGLZXNHGZXHGNXLHXHXNGJLGZ

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2009, 12:47:07 AM »
I can perfect the stage portion of MoF Stage 6 Lunatic, although it's pretty easy with MarisaC. >_>

nintendonut888

« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2009, 01:21:37 AM »
If it weren't for the fact that I completely and totally suck at Kanako's opener, perfecting Kanako would actually be quite feasible to me.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2009, 01:25:05 AM »
It's the opener and VoWG.

Sure, just two of the HARDEST ATTACKS IN THE SERIES THAT HAVE OWNED ME SOME 120 TIMES RUNNING, THAT'S ALL, IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S DIFFICULT or anything.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson