Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 258800 times)

Zetzumarshen

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »
967k something cherry points on a fail training run, I've done something nice.
I still can't figure later half stage 4 though.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2009, 11:44:27 PM »
IN captured Blazing Star and Profound Field -Phantasm. Foam. Shadow- almost back to back.

Heartbeam

« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2009, 12:39:44 AM »
967k something cherry points on a fail training run, I've done something nice.
I still can't figure later half stage 4 though.

I am very interested in knowing more about this.  Failure as in it didn't improve your old score, or you did improve it but not to the extent where you feel it would be worthy of submitting.  A different shot type?

Are you talking about border timings for stage four or are you trying to destroy all four spread fairies without bombing?  I want to know everything if it isn't an inconvenience for you to explain.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2009, 02:00:08 AM »
PoFV Extra Komachi

I love her spirit scope now.  Yes it can suck, but you can chain spirits with it like woah.

Also, I swore I was gonna lose.  Last life on Siki, and BAM, extra life just before I die.  Then, final life, I swear I'm about a frame from dying... and the game ends.  No Siki popping up with "lol u lost" lecture.  It takes me several seconds to realise I won.

@_@

I totally love PoFV after that insanity and the CRAZY fight with Yuka that goes on here.

EDIT: EXTRA CLEAR  and Reimu is bullshit

Also, I want to go on record as saying that PoFV Extra is not stupidly easy at all.  One of the easier Windows extras, yes [along with MoF and IN] but it still requires quite a few tries, and I swear more EX attacks go off in Extra than on Lunatic - which leads to utter bull against most of the bosses.  Lyrica fight was a beast... and let's not touch Reimu, Komachi, or Siki
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 03:55:38 AM by Garlyle »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2009, 09:20:52 AM »
Another "duh!" breakthrough: In IN stage 4, move to the side the triangle bullet spammers are to kill them faster. I perfected the second half of the stage again, captured Marisa's second non-spell, and captured 3/5 spell cards (derp mistake on Starlight Typhoon). I ended with no deaths and 2 bombs left. :D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
(Note: "unclaimed" until I can do it again because I accidentally OVERWROTE MY VIDEO DATA)

-"The Books" "capture"; not at Max Rank.
-"Emerald Megalith" capture at Max Rank [considering that I didn't bomb or die anywhere after Koakuma, I can say this with fair confidence...]

EDIT: Nice lag on the data. Why it does that, I would have no idea.

EDIT 2: Oh lol, now "Silver Dragon" pulls a box on me.

EDIT 3: It looks like I found the limits of my recording. I can only record PC-98 without lag appearing on the videos. So, unless it's something that won't overflow my screen with bullets, I can't record. Isn't it sad? ;_;
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:39:03 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
Just got to Kanako's next to last spellcard on MoF Hard...

Sucks that I only got to her with 1 life remaining and quickly lost it. I'm impressed I lasted so long on her.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2009, 02:06:09 AM »

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4013

I'm still in shock.

I died with 3 bombs during Spring Kyoto Dolls (a card I once had a perfect capture record with), and then made the biggest fuck up EVER at the start of stage 6, screwing myself out of the 1000 item extra life. But I still freaking did it...

And I did it whilst capturing my favourite card in the entire series of games...

400 practice runs on IN's Flawless Nirvana...
Hours of visualisation whilst on the train, listening to the music...
2 failed attempts that ended at Res Butterfly and Deadly Dance respectively...
And I captured Deadly Dance L earlier tonight...

It was all worth for the rush I felt when that screen above came up. I just exploded with joy and I still feel like crying even now.

I'll probably try for EoSD next but not for a while. I just feel too good to do anything.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:09:03 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2009, 02:45:17 AM »
hahaha congrats man!~:D
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
Massive congrats on the PCB 1cc!
Let's fight.

« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2009, 06:55:06 PM »
Captured Hourai Jewel in Spell Practice.  307 attempts.

...Son of a BITCH.

nintendonut888

« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2009, 09:27:05 PM »

EoSD stage 5 lunatic no deaths! \o/ Considering I've grinded this stage for an hour in the past, it's kinda silly this was my first try today. I managed to perfect the stage without the loophole(the hardest part of this due to the randomness of the first half), leaving me with three bombs on Sakuya. This is exactly enough to counter her three hard attacks (her opener, her second non-spell, and Killing Doll), meaning it's imperative to get through the stage perfectly to beat it no deaths. After bombing the opener as planned, I proceed to capture Jack the Ludo Bile and surprised myself by clearing Sakuya's second non-spell. That attack's terrifying, but is really fun when it doesn't BS you. Proceeded to capture ZA WARUDO and her third non-spell, and entered Killing Doll with two bombs. I didn't hesitate to bomb spam Sakuya and kill her the cheap way, because who knew when I'd ever have the chance to beat this no deaths again?

So yay. The only two stages in EoSD I haven't beaten no deaths are stage 4 and extra now.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »
Huzzah!

HRtP Lunatic 1cc! Hell / Jigoku.

First time making it to Stages 19 and 20 as well [for Lunatic], so I got overwhelmed. Still... Time for the other path I think~

EDIT:

Note the time, my concentration was already sluggy to begin with. And yes, windowed 'nut. Bombspam-survival for Kikuri. And Konngara to a certain degree.

...and the program I whited out was just an inactive one that I use to reduce my output lag. My computer is weird like that.

EDIT 2: Videos are up if you want to see me survive using what, about 15-16 lives?
I swear, it feels like cheating.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:53:44 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2009, 08:04:41 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4033

:D After months and months of off-on effort (I can never grind an extra stage, I just don't have the resolve), I have finally beaten IN extra no deaths!!! I still made a WTF mistake on Flying Phoenix, but I always had the margin of error for one slip up. At long last I can stop struggling with this stage and start playing it with characters that DON'T break the stage portion.

...Oh yeah, and I ran a random IN lunatic run, technically this is my second time ever clearing final b with default lives, but whatever. It wasn't near as good as the run I threw away by beating up Eirin instead of Kaguya was. I cleared that 1/2, didn't even bother to save the replay.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »
[img width=640 height=480]
So yay. The only two stages in EoSD I haven't beaten no deaths are stage 4 and extra now.

noice.

I almost beat phantasm no bombs no deaths just like 2 days ago.. darrr! 1 death.. one really really stupid death.

I'm curious though, is there a trick to beating the 4 (or was it 3?) semi-super fairies just before sakuya midboss? Seems like every time I try, I get completely walled in somewhere even though I'm not hugging the bottom or anything, and even after killing 2 fairies immediately after spawning. It's just like wtf for me.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
I'm curious though, is there a trick to beating the 4 (or was it 3?) semi-super fairies just before sakuya midboss? Seems like every time I try, I get completely walled in somewhere even though I'm not hugging the bottom or anything, and even after killing 2 fairies immediately after spawning. It's just like wtf for me.
I usually move to the lower left corner for the three fairy shots before them, and stream those so that when the second wallfairy shows up I'm already right under it.  You can take out the fourth one soon thereafter.

Luck is still involved to a degree, but with half the walls out it's not AS bad.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2009, 10:57:14 PM »
Not sure if this counts, but got my 9-year old sister to play PoFV against me. She almost got me once, even (Yuka + input lag + Medicine's poison = SLOWEST FUCK EVER).

« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2009, 06:12:53 AM »
Managed a 1cc of MoF hard last night with almost no effort (Reimu B). Stage 4 smashed my face in but I had so many lives it was irrelevant. Even capped Diet Peerless Wind God and Diet VoWG. Absolute BS death at the end of Extending Arm though, about 2 seconds after I had won.

Makes me wonder why it was so hard before.  ???
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Milkyway64

« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2009, 07:24:41 AM »
Went on a Last Word killing spree. Got Tree Ocean of Hourai, Fantasy Heaven, Total Purification, and The Phantom of the Grand Guignol in one night. Booyah.

Only two more to go!

Yukkuri

« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
I did a perfect Aya battle on normal. :D

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2009, 12:44:44 AM »
UWABAMI BREAKERS CLEAR 8D

Finally

Stage 3 (The stage, not the boss) sucks hardcore, but the final boss is ridiculously awesome and overall not too hard... excepting, of course, the spinning martinis, the occasional crapshoot of the shaken wine bottle card, and the final attack which easily matches up to VoWG.

Drake

« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2009, 07:22:26 AM »
I actually TAS'ed PCB Extra. Jesus Christ that took forever.

Unfortunately, I thought it was pretty disappointing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:39:04 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »
I finally beat (1cc) Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on normal. I now have to beat Flandre.

I got around 67 million points.

Milkyway64

« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2009, 07:01:06 PM »
Finished all last words and beat PCB Extra.

I was down to nothing on Ran's last spellcard... damn, that was the most intense dodging I have ever done.

« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4062

I went back to PCB for today and thought I'd try a no-focus run just for the lulz.  Well, it came earlier than I expected. :O  It's actually not that bad, and certainly easier than doing it without bombs.  ReimuB's unfocused shot/bomb does pretty decent damage if you know how to use them properly, and her speed made most of the dodging doable, with a few exceptions of course(wtf Alice and Lunasa).  I ended 2/0 and also beat my highscore, which was sort of a surprise.

Drake

« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »
Well, with all the unfocused grazing you're doing your cherry probably shot through the roof.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

nintendonut888

« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »
Oh god somebody stop me. ;_; I think EoSD stage 4 no deaths with Marisa A is actually feasible. Marisa A Patchouli no bombs is almost no doubt harder than Remilia no bombs, because 4/5 of her spell cards are utter wat. But I can get through the stage pretty consistently bombing only on the books, leaving me with 3 bombs for Patchy. This run I made it all the way to Lava Cromlech (her last spell card), but died from lol flame bullet hitbox. I also got pretty close to capturing Agni Radiance at max rank. :O

Also, how did I capture Sylphae Horn High Level before? I honestly don't know.

Yukkuri

« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »
YES I 1CC MOF normal. :D

« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2009, 03:05:28 AM »
YES I 1CC MOF normal. :D

Oho! Congratulations. Quite a satisfactory feelling isn't it? I remember back when i did that. That was sure times... :)

nintendonut888

« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2009, 07:15:09 AM »

Finally, a LLS run I ended with a satisfactory amount of lives! :D Amazing how even after dying 7 times I end 3/1. And with Reimu "what's damage output?" A no less. I seriously wonder what a 1LC of this game would look like though...