Author Topic: Mabinogi: Fantasy Life (I hope you like sheep!)  (Read 9175 times)

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
Re: Mabinogi: Fantasy Life (I hope you like sheep!)
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »
Sorries. Is changing it to thumbnails better?
Sure. Link or thumb.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

Fossil Goo

• UZUMAKI POKEMON
  • OMUNAITO
    • Doodle Blog I have
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »
So dawgs I have been thinking of possibly giving Basaru some form of ranged offense in addition to his standard "hit stuff with a sword" ability. Currently I have a bow and access to icebolt. Thing is though, so far I am kind of bad with a bow and am thinking icebolt might be a bit better, but icebolt also costs a shitton of AP and right now Basaru's intelligence is dwarfed by both his strength and his dexterity, and I dunno if learning icebolt will significantly improve it.

I'm still in the WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY FANTASY LIFE phase.

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »
Speaking as someone who has as many Icebolt levels as the rest of his non-Windmill melee skills combined? INT doesn't make too much of a difference; +1% magic damage per 20 points. The Mastery skills can do the same thing for just a few AP, and there are wands that can boost your damage output with spells of that type as well.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to raise INT a bit. Musical Knowledge, while a bit expensive money-wise, is dirt cheap AP-wise for the first few levels, at least, and grants +5 INT per level.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 07:06:46 PM »
When using Magic...

Speed=Ice
Power=Fire
Well-Rounded=Lightning

Icebolt and Ice Spear both have shorter casting times, but do the least amount of damage compared to their counterparts.
Firebolt and Fireball do shittons of damage, but unless you have a cc+4 firewand for bolts, or a TON of time (and money!) for Fireball, you're gonna be casting that single charged firebolt over and over.
Lightningbolt and Thunder are well-rounded because 1 charge of each has a high damage potential and won't take forever. The AoE effect with additional charges is neat too. (Plus, Thunder is the easiest and cheapest of the tier 2 spells to obtain.)

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 01:07:09 AM »
Oh boy oh boy oh boy are we talking about magic in here?  :V
Spoiler:
I'm only a level 2100 offensive mage lolol

If you end up going magic spamming, you'll probably find yourself spamming lightning bolt more than anything near the end. With high intelligence, your magic balance makes lightning actually do more damage than firebolt in the same amount of time. Unless you're chaincasting firebolt... that's a whole other story and comes with ridiculous mp cost.

So dawgs I have been thinking of possibly giving Basaru some form of ranged offense in addition to his standard "hit stuff with a sword" ability. Currently I have a bow and access to icebolt. Thing is though, so far I am kind of bad with a bow and am thinking icebolt might be a bit better, but icebolt also costs a shitton of AP and right now Basaru's intelligence is dwarfed by both his strength and his dexterity, and I dunno if learning icebolt will significantly improve it.

I'm still in the WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY FANTASY LIFE phase.
Anyways, about your magic or ranged question: I'd say in the long run, ranged is a better choice, especially if you're just complementing your melee. It'll add dexterity which will improve balance on your melee and some ranged skills even add strength, which will obviously increase your damage. The problem with constantly missing is remedied when you manage to learn arrow revolver (yes I realize that's hard to get). If you miss one shot, you still have four others to try to hit with.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 02:12:04 AM »
Personally, i like both firebolt and lightningbolt.
Both are solid spells that can help a lot.
and the masteries are useful too.
Ice/Fire/Lightning/Magic/Healing Mastery are reliable when you can afford to sink AP into 'em.
I would sink AP into those if you really want to add magic in.

If you want ranged, I recommend either a leather longbow(found in....Bangor or Tailteann or Dunbarton I think.), or a guardian bow(Meles sells 'em.).
Personally, I prefer g-bow due to not taking as much room, and having an overall more balanced loadout.

Of course, that's my personal choice.
Go with what you think is viable.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Fossil Goo

• UZUMAKI POKEMON
  • OMUNAITO
    • Doodle Blog I have
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 03:57:02 AM »
I wound up learning icebolt anyway and use it fairly regularly to grab an enemy's attention or get in some cheap hits before going to melee and beating the piss out of them. I kinda don't like having to swap weapons constantly and prefer icebolt's fast charging time  :V

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
That works too.

But here's a tip about lightning.
If you're near another who can use it, you can cross-charge.
Which essentially equals out to 5 charges in considerably less time.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »
I upgraded my ice wand to make it have less mana consumption and chaincast +3. I can charge 4 icebolts at once, consuming 4 mana total.
If I get a lighting wand and upgrade it to have chaincast +2 (and less mp consumption), will that consume more or less mana?
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 03:51:06 AM »
So, uh, apparently rebirth is bugged right now due to some recent update -- you can't do a free rebirth when you're 20 currently. According to the Nexon forums, they're aware of the issue and will try to have it fixed by the next maintenance.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 05:27:25 AM »
Oh about that. There's a strange fix for that. The recent update might have fixed this already, but if not, here you go. If you have an alternate character on another account that has been able to rebirth before the update screwed it up, you just follow these series of steps.

1.) Start the Mabinogi client manually instead of going through the website log in.
2.) Log into other account, select free rebirthable character, and click the rebirth button
3.) Go through the normal procedures to do a free rebirth up until Nao asks you if you're sure you want to rebirth. Select no when she asks for this confirmation.
4.) You will be logged into the game world. Log back out into the character select screen and disconnect your internet.
5.) After a while, Mabinogi will notice you're not connected and kick you to the login screen again. If you didn't log in through the website, you'll see the log in form again instead of a big Start button. Log in to your account with the bugged rebirth character.
6.) Select the character you would like to rebirth and click the rebirth button. You should now be able to do a free rebirth.

I really wonder how people found this out but I'm not gonna question it. I've done this for two of my characters and it works.

Also, Soot Sprite, i really don't think lightning chaincasting is a good idea. Waste of mp in my opinion so just stick with your ice wand.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:30:47 AM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.