Author Topic: Survey on Touhou fandom  (Read 9500 times)

Re: Survey on Touhou fandom
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »
Great, my sister was going to drag me to it anyway.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 03:38:53 PM »
Filled it out. I'd love to see the results.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »
Amaterasu, it is mainly due to privacy concerns.

Yeah, I don't see why privacy would be a concern if no one is giving any identifying information. It's an anonymous survey. If you don't feel like publishing the results, for whatever reason, alright. But "privacy concerns" doesn't make a lot of sense.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 05:15:36 PM »
Privacy concerns on an anonymous survey. That does not make any sense.

Edit:

Also nobody asked for hard data. Obviously nobody would share hard data, as it is effort material. But results are statistic analysis or conclusion being drawn on top of that data. And we are curious about those. Your turn now.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »
Done it.

Tried to keep it as civil as possible when it asked for a 'general statement' on the fandom where I lived.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 07:35:03 PM »
Some people have written some identifiable information about their experiences with their fandoms, so Id rather not divulge those, but yes, I will see into writing a raport on these findings and I will probably make the processed the data and findings public.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »
Didn't put anything for the last question because I have no idea how the "touhou situation" in my country is.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011, 08:02:17 PM »
Luckily, work is painfully dull in its waning moments. Oh, hey, I can add something different to the participation category now.

Urgh! I got a page refresh request after submitting it. I might try again later on today.
Koakkuri, the convention is Desucon.
Oh, dear God. If that's the one with the awesome Touhouvania Reimu trap and you happen to bump into him,
Spoiler:
ask him everything he knows about makeup and maybe for a tutorial.  >_>

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
Done. Would love to see this report if you end up writing it.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 09:02:55 PM »
Some people have written some identifiable information about their experiences with their fandoms, so Id rather not divulge those, but yes, I will see into writing a raport on these findings and I will probably make the processed the data and findings public.

Well that's easy. You just compile all the demographics data into pie charts. Informative and anonymous. I don't think anyone expected you to summarize everyone's last answer.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
Like I said on Pooshlmer, I answered the last question for my state of Colorado instead of the US as a whole, since the Touhou fandom here in the midwest is very different from the coasts.

I haven't seen a fandom survey since '08, or maybe before then. It'll be interesting to see how the results have changed, three years later.

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:29 AM »
Filled this thing. Forgive me, I'm one of those people whom is in mainly in the dark about the fandom here in my country, so I couldn't really answer the last question.

Fluffy Rocket Tails

• The fluffiest.
  • Far superior to any Tanuki.
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 05:47:17 AM »
I answered it.  I'm not really involved all that much with the fandom, but I tried to answer the last one as best as I could.
Take me on a rocket ride.

Kaboom!

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 07:18:43 AM »
Filled

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 09:37:20 AM »
It would have been interesting if you had created several identical copies of the survey and sent a different link to each separate Touhou community (aside from just the general separation between Finns and everyone else) and then compared the results to see the differences between the communities, but then again a lot of people lurk several different communities...

Edit: I realize now that I'm actually awake that you can still sort the results by community (roughly). How silly of me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:00:17 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 10:05:17 AM »
I threw my bit in there too. Hope it helps.

2Parra

• Don't make yourself a target...
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
Feels nice to contribute, filled it with as much information that I was able to.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »

Yeah well we're not interested in individual results, just as a whole of what it comes to a conclusion (etc, it's found that most of the Touhou fandom is male, and likes MMORPGs over other gaming genres.)

Xenofobia

• The epitimy
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
I filled it out as well ~
~~ Under Construction ~~

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 04:50:20 PM »
I actually filled mine out yesterday, I just forgot to mention. So yeah.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
I noticed that you posted your survey on the Touhou Facebook page. I think it will help you out a lot!  :3

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »
The survey is now closed, thanks to everyone who participated!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »
Scheiss, I'm late.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .