Author Topic: Visual Novel Project (Calling all artists, musicians, writers, and Renpy users)  (Read 1684 times)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
For the past few months, a vew members of the forum and I have been working on a Visual Novel Project. However, I realize that we will need a bit more manpower to make this project a reality. And so, I look to you for aid.

As far as age content goes, I?m still not sure if there will be anything explict. All I have in mind are just ecchi stuff, but? Well, we?ll figure that out along the way. For now, it?s just ecchi.

Title: The Duality of Truth

Type: Visual Novel

Genre: Comedy, mystery

BackStory: Long ago, the gods waged war with each other. Aiding them were the humans who worshiped their images. One of the gods, Glaciaris, imbued her followers with tremendous power and dominated many of the other gods. At the end of the war, those who banded together to stop Glaciaris had came out victorious and destroyed the source of the Crios power, or so it was thought.

The last of the god's power was indeed weakened, but it was not destroyed. It had only shattered, scattering to the far corners of the world. Those who had the power of Crios found themselves weakened, and even dying. Their power had became a disease...

One of the gods took pity in those who had sided with Glaciaris and chose certain people to lead the lost towards each source of power and rid themselves of their curse.

There were, however, those who had learned to control their curse, turning it into a strange new power. Hungering for more power, they sought out the shattered pieces of power and control the world through fear. The god, anticipating this, had made his chosen place the clues into complex riddles of all kinds. Those who sought redemption and those who sought damnation stood opposed to each other

And so, in the shadows of civilization, an ancient war is waged over and over again?
Why is such a tragic event reenacted over and over again? It is because of the decisions that each and everyone has made. It is decisions that result in the split between opinions and even the truth.

Now, you may be wondering ?How does this pertain to our protagonist??

Well, it doesn?t. at least not yet.

Heit Ritten, a College student of 22 years, is quite content with the life he currently has. Now, what kind of life does he lead? A relatively peaceful one, if you don?t count the times he?s gone to parkour with his friends in the dead of night.
And it was on one uneventful night, before the start of his university classes, that fate decided he needed to do something with his life.

It is on this uneventful night that a crime is committed, but who did it? And why? To find the truth behind the crime, you must see both sides of the story to uncover the truth. In life, however, it is not possible to double back. You must choose one path and find the truth.

Plot: The Dyrnaras, a family of thieves have been going around the world stealing famous works of art. Their main goal is the removal of the Crios imbedded within them, and each work of art has a clue to the location of each point of power.

Meanwhile, Nu Leighan, a budding artist, has created a painting with a major clue that leads to a fragment of the Crios power. Unfortunatly, she crashes into someone and ruins her work, meaning that she has to re do it all over again.

Heit Ritten, a man with a semi eventful life, gets caught up in the situation after crashing into Nu on his way to the university.

Setting: hertogenbosch, Netherlands (We got a photographer for some backgrounds)

Gameplay

In the beginning of the game, the players are given a choice between two story paths, the Night and Day routes. Both night and day routes center around the same story, but from different viewpoints.

The game, overall, will be played like traditional visual novels, where the player is given a choice during certain parts of the story.

-Characters- (If you see a DAY ROUTE or NIGHT ROUTE, that means that you can get into a relationship with them, depending on the choices you make)

Heit Ritten- The Protagonist of our story. A college student working on his Philosophy Major, he lives with his younger sister bear the campus. Got a thing for leeks, but only when concerned with food.

Anna Ritten- Heit's little sister. A Sophomore in highschool, she wants to do what she can to help her brother. She?s got a thing for leeks, like her brother

Jackson Hazway- One of Heit?s closest friends. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he?s got his friends? backs, no matter what trouble they end up. A very non-serious person.

Laluna Delora- One of Heit?s closest friends. She is supposed to act as the voice of reason, but generally turns out to be the voice of the silly reason. A somewhat non-serious person.

Lucia Garand- One of Heit?s friends from an earlier time. She is the actual voice of reason of the four as Laluna is prone to sillyness. A kinda serious person.

Nu Leighan ?A girl working on her Art major. Apparently, her art has something to do with the thefts. As it is learnt later, her art actually points to one of the major power fragments, which the thieves are looking for.- DAY ROUTE

Terra Soguyien - Anna's classmate. A bit closed normally, until she becomes Magical Clockwork Knight Ticky. She carries around a pocket watch at all times, the source of her magical girl powers.  -NIGHT ROUTE

Ria Soguyien - Terra's older sister. A 27 year old reporter for the local newspaper. She carries a pocket watch around with her at all times. Likes to drink at night and party and occasionally hits on Heit while drunk.

Hanamimi- A flower that Ana buys during the story. When the flower becomes a flower girl, this marks the halfway point. She also has some interesting things to say?

Marilyn Dyrnara ? A Freshman in the university that Heit attends. At night, she is a thief who steals all sorts of things. In the day route, you almost never see her as a thief. She isn?t as ready to admit her feelings as the other sisters. - NIGHT ROUTE

Cyan Dyrnara - Marilyn's Twin sister. She keeps her hair the same as Marilyn?s so she can help her out in college. One major difference between the two girls is that she is a fan of crack pairings. Deep down, she is an anime otaku, so anything related to it will send her into a haze.

Samantha Dyrnara ? The eldest sister of the Dyrnaras. She tries to act as the motherly figure of the group, but more often than not, it?s Cassandra or Cyan doing the mothering.

Maca Dyrnara - Marilyn's younger sister. A very active girl who doesn?t act like a proper lady. While she was young, she lost her arms in a car crash. Instead of staying back, she wanted to help her sisters. The solution, as recommended by Cyan, was to create mecha arms that would help her interact with the world. They look and act like they should be in some sort of super robot anime, though.

Cassandra Dyrnara: The youngest of the Dyrnaras. A thief in training and always very curious. Always cheery, she has a bubbly outlook on life, as well as a very impressionable mind...

Ash Dyrnara ? The only male in the current generation of Dyrnaras. Because of his looks, he's often mistaken for a girl. The fact that his sisters force him to dress in girly clothes does not help. Heit, our protagonist, mistakes him for a girl all the way to the point where Ash walks into the men's restroom and uses a urinal - NIGHT ROUTE

Tsukino- A detective in search of the thieves. Dedicated to her job, she doesn?t quite know how to open up.  - DAY ROUTE

Atsusa Chiyu - A spirit girl who appears in a mountain spa. With the recent spread of the city, She?s done all she can to preserve the nature around the mountain. - DAY ROUTE

Finnicus- A tomcat that hangs around at the spa with the ability to speak normally. He?s even gotten over his ?nya? tendencies and can take the form of a young boy.

-----------------------

I am asking for people to help me flesh out the story and bring it to life.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Depending on the expected workload, I would help out as an editor.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
By the way, we also need graphical editors.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:55:41 PM by Sercan OwO »

Aterisk

• アタリスク・アイダロ
  • 男は僕の心を素早く盗みます。
I can work as a Writer (assistant lawl I dunno)
And Suggester XD

And musician if I can find my Garageband CD :p

MayKissingDoveWyks

• I can't stop being a perv!
I can work as a part-time writer and musician.

I can give music a shot. Haven't made anything in a while, though.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
I can definitely help with writing. Music is in the future, out of the question for the time being, but that will eventually change.