Author Topic: Favorite _______ Theme  (Read 10957 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Favorite _______ Theme
« on: June 25, 2009, 02:01:45 AM »
I thought it would be interesting to get an idea of what people liked best for each theme, so TOPIC!

Anyway:
Menu Theme: Sealed Gods (MoF).  Just...nice.

Stage 1 Theme: Dream Express (MS) takes this one for me, though Ghostly Eyes from IN comes close.

Stage 1 Boss: A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander(UFO), no question.

Stage 2 Theme: Song of the Night Sparrow(IN).  SA's is also up there.

Stage 2 Boss: I'm going to go with Deaf to All But the Song(IN).  Mystia cleans house.

Stage 3 Theme: The Gensokyo the Gods Loved(MoF).  PCB's gets an honorable mention.

Stage 3 Boss: Doll Judgment(PCB) grabs this one.

Stage 4 Theme: MAPLE WISE(MS).  Nothing else comes close; I'm not much a fan of the Stage 4s for some reason.  Heartfelt Fancy is the only other one on my mp3 player.

Stage 4 Boss: Now they start getting tough.  I think Phantom Ensemble(PCB) grabs this one, narrowly edging out Forbidden Magic(MS, though I don't care for Mai or Yuki's themes) and Maiden's Capriccio(IN).

Stage 5 Theme: Probably Lullaby of Demonic Hell(SA).  Difficult, as I like every stage 5 theme except Kagome, Kagome.

Stage 5 Boss: BIAS!  Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial (EoSD) is hands down my favorite Touhou track, so it wins this one.

Stage 6 Theme: ...ouch.  Hard to choose, but I think Voyage 1969(IN) narrowly edges out MoF's.

Stage 6 Boss: I have to go with Suwa Foughten Field(MoF).

Extra Theme: Centennial Festival for Magical Girls(EoSD).  I love that track.  Alice in Wonderland (MS) and Tomorrow Will Be Sunny(MoF) are close, though.

Extra Boss:  Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke(IN).  In my opinion, ZUN's finest piece of music in the series.  Hartmann's Youkai Girl(SA) comes very close, though, followed hard upon by The Grimoire of Alice(MS).

Ending Theme: The Earth Spirits' Homecoming(SA).  Peacefully wonderful.

Now for random stuff:

Best Marisa Theme: Screw LCMS, this one goes to The Witches' Ball ~ Magus, Marisa's theme from Shuuso Gyoku.

Best Reimu Theme: I'm incredibly partial to Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle(IN), though Dichromatic Butterfly ~ Ancients (also Shuuso Gyoku) is REALLY close.

Best PoDD Theme: Strawberry Crisis!!  Though Maniacal Princess and Vanishing Dream are both very high up there.

Best PoFV Theme: I'm'a gonna have to go with Flower Land.  I don't care for Yuka's LLS tracks, but I really have gotten to love Flower Land.

Feel free to create more categories, or respond to the ones I put up, or both!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Re: Favorite _______ Theme
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 02:55:22 AM »
Menu Theme: Mystic Dream ~ Snow or Cherry Petal  (PCB)
Stage 1 Theme: Ghostly Eyes (IN)
Stage 1 Boss: Crystallized Silver (PCB) [I like a lot of the stage 1 bosses, but this is my favorite]
Stage 2 Theme: The Bridge People No Longer Cross (SA) [epic]
Stage 2 Boss: Beloved Tomboyish Girl (EoSD) [cirno]
Stage 3 Theme: Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea (EoSD)
Stage 3 Boss: Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 (EoSD) [yeah, this is probably my favorite stage]
Stage 4 Theme: Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall (MoF) [stage 4 is meh]
Stage 4 Boss: Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room (EoSD)
Stage 5 Theme: The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Watched (MoF) [great song]
Stage 5 Boss: Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon (IN)
Stage 6 Theme: Voyage 1969 (IN) [probably my favorite track]
Stage 6 Boss: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (SA) [epic]
Extra Theme: Extend Ash ~ Hourai Victim (IN)
Extra Boss: Hartmann's Youkai Girl (SA)
Ending Theme: Evening Primrose (IN) [this is the only ending theme that comes to mind]

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:36:38 AM »
Stage 1 Theme: PCB Stage One. Whatever it's called. Deep Mountain?

Stage 1 Boss: A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander.

Stage 2 Theme: Song of the Night Sparrow(IN).

Stage 2 Boss: Green Eyed Jealousy. I have cried to this song. It is most pleasant.

Stage 3 Theme: Walking the Streets of a Former Hell. See donut's comment for why.

Stage 3 Boss: Doll Judgment, but it's really not a great selection. Ichirin is next. Man, stage 3's are weak.

Stage 4 Theme: Crap. I love all the stage 4's except EoSD. Crap. Um... uh... it's a toss up between Fall of Fall, Catfelt Fancy, and Capital City.

Stage 4 Boss: Phantom Ensemble. I don't think that one was very tough. Patchy would take it, but the part I like isn't long enough, so she doesn't get it.

Stage 5 Theme: Urg, uh, gonna have to give this to Ancient Temple. Dang, I don't like stage 5's all that much.

Stage 5 Boss: Faith is for the Transient People. <3

Stage 6 Theme: Grave of Being. This was tough, since they are all really good.

Stage 6 Boss: Another less than stellar set of choices. Gonna give this to Suwa Foughten Field, I guess.

Extra Theme: Ah, now these are tough. Alice in Wonderland is another beautiful track, so I think I've got to give it to that one. Last Remote follows it up, though.

Extra Boss:  I don't get the Immortal Smoke Love... it's nice, ya, but a bit more repetitive without change than I'd like. So I'm going to have to go with... uh... shoot, this is tough too... oh wait, right. Necro Fantasy >.< How did I forget that one?

Favourite non-touhou track that's still in a video game - Wow, somebody will hate me for this comment. But let's see.... that's actually super hard to choose >.< Gawd, there are so many excellent ones out there, but I'm a sucker for soft and piano. So I'm gonna give this to World Map 2, from Legend of Dragoon.

Favourite song period - All, by Collective Soul
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:43:54 AM »
Menu Theme: Scarlet Beyond a Crimson Dream (EoSD)
Stage 1 Theme: A Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry (EoSD)
Stage 1 Boss: A Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander (UFO)
Stage 2 Theme: The Bridge People No Longer Cross (SA) The Fantastic Legend of Tohno (PCB)
Stage 2 Boss: Deaf to All But the Song (IN)
Stage 3 Theme: Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea (EoSD)
Stage 3 Boss: Bad Apple!! (LLS) (Yeah went for PC-98 don't rly like many stage 3 bosses)
Stage 4 Theme: Heartfelt Fancy (SA)
Stage 4 Boss: Phantom Ensemble (PCB) Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room (EoSD)
Satori Maiden ~ 3rd eye (SA) I can't pick.
Stage 5 Theme: Lullaby of Demonic Hell (SA) Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome-Kagome (IN) Mystic Oriental Dream ~ Ancient Temple (PCB)
Stage 5 Boss: Faith is for the Transient People (MoF)
Stage 6 Theme: Hellfire Mantle (SA) I don't really any of the stage 6 themes.
Stage 6 Boss: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (SA)
Extra Theme: Tomorrow will be Sunny; Yesterday was not (MOF)
Extra Boss: Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke (IN) Has Ping Pong :D
Ending Theme: End of Summer / NKZ (IaMP)

Best Marisa Theme: Witch's Dance (IaMP)
Best Reimu Theme: Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle (IN)
PoFV: Fate of Sixty Years
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:59:15 AM by Cadmas »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 04:43:33 AM »
Ok, let's see:
Menu: Awakening of the Earth Spirits (SA)
Stage 1: A Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry (EoSD)
Boss 1: A Tiny, Tiny Clever Commander (UFO)
Stage 2:The Fantastic Legend of Tohno (PCB)
Boss 2: Deaf to all but the Song (IN), hands down.
Stage 3: A tie between The Doll Maker of Bucuresti (PCB) and The Gensokyo the Gods Loved (MoF)
Boss 3: Damn, this is hard. A Flower-Studded Sake Dish on Mt. Ooe (SA) wins for very little.
Stage 4: Now this is easier. Retribution for the Eternal Night ~ Imperishable Night (IN obviously) with no doubt.
Boss 4: Another difficult one, urgh... I'll go with Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble (PCB)
Stage 5: Cinderella Cage ~ Kagome-Kagome (IN)
Boss 5: Why must bosses be that hard!? Faith is for the Transient People (MoF) wins for me.
Stage 6: A tie between Hellfire Mantle (SA) and Cemetery of Onbashira ~ Grave of Being (MoF).
Boss 6: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (SA). NUKES, YO.
Extra stage: Charming Domination (PCB)f
Extra Boss: Native Faith (MoF) and A Maiden's Illusionary Funeral ~ Necro-Fantasy (PCB).  Necrofantasia and Eastern Youkai Beauty deserve special mentions, despite not being actual EX-Boss themes.
Ending: Dream of a Spring Breeze (PCB)
Credits: Flower of Soul ~ Another Dream... (PoFV)

PoFV Theme: Wind God Girl.
Yeah, I haven't heard the PC-98 themes properly, but I swear, I'll do it one day. Maybe my opinions will change, maybe not.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 05:00:57 AM »
Title: Memory of Foregathering Dream (IaMP)

Stage 1: Where Spring Arrives (UFO) (it was Dream Express for a long time...)

Stage 1 boss: Decoration Battle: Unused Version (LLS' Akyu soundtrack) If that can't count, Lost Place (SA) (Nazrin's theme is extremely overrated)

Stage 2: Night Bird (IN)

Stage 2 boss: Beware the Umbrella Left There for 10,000 Years (UFO)

Stage 3: The Gensokyo the Gods Loved (MoF)

Stage 3 boss: Doll Judgement (PCB)

Stage 4: Fall of Fall (MoF)

Stage 4 boss: 3rd Eye (SA)

Stage 5: Cindarella Cage (IN)

Stage 5 boss: Faith is for the Transient People (MoF)

Stage 6: Dream Land (LLS)

Stage 6 boss: Septette for the Dead Princess (EoSD)

Extra stage: Alice in Wonderland (MS)

Extra boss: Immortal Smoke (IN)

Ending: Forest of Tohno (SoEW)/Darkening Dusk (SWR); they're both too good to choose from D: (and yes, I did just put a SoEW song first, what of it?)

Staff Roll: Oriental Memory of Foregathering Dream (IaMP)

HRtP: Eternal Shrine Maiden (Oh god I love this song)

PoDD: Lost Dream

IaMP: Broken Moon (second favorite song BTW)

PoFV: Fate of 60 Years

StB: Wind God Girl (it can't really count as PoFV anyway)

SWR: Bhava-Agra as seen from a Child's Mind

Favorite CD song: The Strange Everyday Life of the Flying Shrine Maiden (which I do not believe has one single remix to its name)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Gambit

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 05:38:52 AM »
Menu theme: Eastern night

Stage 1 theme: Where Spring Arrives

Stage 1 boss: She's in a Temper

Stage 2 theme: Song of the Night Sparrow

Stage 2 boss: Deaf to all but the Song

Stage 3 theme: Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea

Stage 3 boss: Doll Judgment

Stage 4 theme: Either Maple Wise or Fall of Fall

Stage 4 boss: Maiden's Capriccio

Stage 5 theme: Ancient Temple 

Stage 5 boss: Sleeping Terror

Stage 6 theme: Voyage 1969

Stage 6 boss: Septette for a Dead Princess

Extra Stage theme: Centennial Festival for Magical Girls, honorable mention to Alice in Wonderland.

Extra stage boss: Hartmann?s Youkai Girl

Ending theme: Flower Like Fantasy

Staff roll: Crimson Belvedere ~ Eastern Dream

Favorite Marisa theme: Oriental Dark Flight

Favorite Reimu theme: Maiden's Capriccio (IN version)

Favorite Sakuya theme: Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial

Favorite Alice theme: Grimoire of Alice

Favorite PoDD theme: Vanishing Dream ~ Lost Dream

Favorite PoFV theme: Fate of Sixty Years

Favorite Concealed the Conclusion boss theme: Antique Terror

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 06:10:44 AM »
I commented on the few that I actually had something to say about.  Once again, I'm including Shuusou Gyoku, since ZUN wrote it's music.  I also might not remember all the names offhand.

Menu:  UFO's is great, and the only one I'd want to listen to outside of the game.  Nice and serene.

Stage 1:  Dream Express(MS)

Stage 1 boss:  A Tiny Tiny Clever Commander (UFO)

Stage 2:  End of Daylight(SoEW)

Stage 2 boss:  Beware the Umbrella left for 10000 years(UFO)

Stage 3:  Romantic Children(MS)

Stage 3 boss:  Doll Judgment(PCB)

Stage 4:  The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky(PCB).  Probably my favorite Touhou song.  Honorable mention goes to Alice Maestra, which is incidentally my favorite pc-98 song (why does no one ever talk about this track?  It's freaking amazing).

Stage 4 boss:  Maiden's Capriccio(LLS).  I actually think that Love Colored Magic and LLS Maiden's Capriccio are superior to the Windows versions.  Even if the sound quality is worse, the arrangements fit them better.

Stage 5:  The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Watched(MoF)

Stage 5 boss:  Magical Girls' Crusade(SG)

Stage 6:  Hellfire Mantle(SA)

Stage 6:  Oh god don't make me choose D:  I suppose I would go with Septette(EoSD), but truly all of them are viable candidates for best song in the series.  The only one I don't really like is Lunatic Princess, which has a badass intro but then devolves into mediocrity shortly afterward.

EX:  Tomorrow will be Special(MoF).  Best song from MoF.  Honorable mention goes to Silk Road Alice(SG) and Alice in Wonderland(MS)

EX boss:  Witches Ball ~Magus and Dichromatic Butterfly ~Ancients(SG).  I actually find most EX boss themes to be kinda overrated (not bad mind you, just overrated), but these songs are awesome and I never get tired of them.

Ending:  SG's (forget the name).  Amazing melodies in this one.  Once again, it's the only one I'd bother to listen to outside of the game.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:32:05 AM »
Oh, I was wrestling between Fall of Fall and Alice Maestra, but Fall of Fall won out in the end.

Also, I find Dream Battle to be highly superior to the original Maiden's Capriccio. The original was good, but it didn't do much with itself. The IN version turns it into a blood pumping chase/battle theme. If 3rd Eye weren't so OMG Dream Battle would have won out.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

hs08

• Exhale Sign "Puffball Flare"
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 08:27:36 AM »
Also, I find Dream Battle to be highly superior to the original Maiden's Capriccio. The original was good, but it didn't do much with itself. The IN version turns it into a blood pumping chase/battle theme.

I actually like the original Capriccio better, because Dream Battle's a bit too hardcore for Reimu in my opinion. Both of them are awesome, though.

Obobobo fav themes. Most of them are PC-98(especially the stage themes).

Title: Gonna have to go with Wondrous Romance ~ Mystic Square. It has bits of Grimoire of Alice and is therefore awesome.

Stage 1 Theme: Witching Dream, Reimu's LLS stage 1 theme. Pretty much my fave theme in the series.

Stage 1 Boss Theme: Originally She's in a temper!! but now Tiny Tiny Clever Commander wins.

Stage 2 Theme: Dimension of Reverie. Most of the other stage 2 themes suck.

Stage 2 Boss Theme: ...Spiritual Heaven or Scarlet Symphony (if including Shuusou Gyoku, then Disastrous Gemini is in there too). Again, most of the other ones suck.

Stage 3 Theme: Bad Apple, Walking the Streets of a Former Hell, Romantic Children, Sky Ruins, or The Doll Maker of Bucuresti. I like the tune of The Gensokyo the Gods Loved, but I don't like the instruments used.

Stage 3 Boss Theme: Plain Asia. No contest.

Stage 4 Theme: Alice Maestra or Retribution for the Eternal Night.

Stage 4 Boss Theme: Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Stage 5 Theme: Lotus Love

Stage 5 Boss Theme: Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial.

Stage 6 Theme: Ultimate Truth or The Young Descendant of Tepes.

Stage 6 Boss Theme: The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field.

Extra Stage Theme: Man, they're all awesome D: Notable ones for me are Extend Ash, Alice in Wonderland, Extra Love, and Last Remote.

Extra Stage Boss Theme: The Grimoire of Alice. Definitely.

Ending Theme: The Earth Spirits' Homecoming, and Darkening Dusk.

Staff Roll: Oriental Evening Sky or Oriental Memory of Forgathering Dream.

Overall Favorite Boss Theme: Plain Asia was the first one I really fell in love with.

Overall Favorite Stage Theme: Witching Dream--again, fell in love with it.

Favorite Highly Responsive to Prayers theme: The Positive and Negative.

Favorite Story of Eastern Wonderland theme: I actually liked a LOT of the songs in SoEW, but my top faves are Hakurei, She's in a Temper, Himorogi, and Extra Love.

Favorite Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream theme: Decisive Magic Battle, Love of Magical Chimes, Eternal Full Moon, or Sailor of Time for that percussion bit in the middle.

Favorite Lotus Land Story theme: ...Pretty much ALL of the stage themes (except for Dream Land, twas a bit too dull for a final stage imo), Perdition Crisis, Inanimate Dream, and Innocence.

Favorite Mystic Square theme: Doll of Misery, Infinite Being, Alice in Wonderland, or Grimoire of Alice.

Favorite Shuusou Gyoku theme: ...Magus, Primrose Shiver, or Mechanical Circus ~ Reverie.

Favorite Embodiment of Scarlet Devil theme: Luna Dial or Apparitions Stalk the Night.

Favorite Perfect Cherry Blossom theme: bleeeeeeh, I thougt all the tracks were pretty equal to each other (read: none of the tracks were that great :V). If I had to pick a fave, it'd be Deep Mountain, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome (NOT Yuyu's last word theme) or Till When.

Favorite Immaterial and Missing Power theme: Broken Moon or Evening Star. Both awesome.

Favorite Imperishable Night theme: Plain Asia, Extend Ash, or Gensokyo Millenium.

Favorite Phantasmagoria of Flower View theme: I hated most of the soundtrack--the only ones I could stand were Mound of Life and Wind God Girl, although I've grown to love Higan Retour.

Favorite Shoot the Bullet theme: Retrospective Kyoto.

Favorite Mountain of Faith theme: Faith is for the Transient People or Suwa Foughten Field.

Favorite Scarlet Weather Rhapsody theme: Darkening Dusk or Flowering Night(CELLOOOOO).

Favorite Subterranean Animism theme: Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye.

Favorite Undefined Fantastic Object theme: A Tiny Tiny Clever Commander.

-----

Favorite Reimu theme: Mystic Oriental Love Consultation (PoDD)

Favorite Marisa theme: Love Colored Magic/Master Spark (SoEW/IN), because although they're not the best-sounding, I think they fit Marisa best--a playful, cheeky, powerful magician.

Favorite Mima theme: Complete Darkness (SoEW), because Reincarnation...honestly isn't THAT great. Neither one of her themes are very good, tbh.

Favorite Yuka theme: Sleeping Terror (LLS). Captures her power and slight insanity well.

Favorite Sakuya theme: Luna Dial (EoSD, fave version is IaMP). Flowering Night is okay, but Luna Dial fits Sakuya better.

Favorite Yukari theme: Evening Star (IaMP, the SWR version sucked). Necrofantasia is full-out power, and while Evening Star is also powerful, it's...sly(lack of better word) and cunning, a perfect fit for Yukarin.

Favorite Alice theme: Grimoire. Doll Judgment can burn.

...That's it. I think.

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »
Stage 1: A God That Misses People ~ Romantic Fall
Stage 1 Boss: Apparitions Stalk the Night
Stage 2: The Sealed Cloud Route
Stage 2 Boss: Dark Side of Fate
Stage 3: Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea
Stage 3 Boss: A Flower-Studded Sake Dish on Mt. Ooe
Stage 4: The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky
Stage 4 Boss: Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble
Stage 5: The Maid and the Pocket Watch of Blood
Stage 5 Boss: Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon
Stage 6: Hellfire Mantle
Stage 6 Boss: The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
EX Stage: Tomorrow will be Special; Yesterday was not
Ex Boss: Native Faith
Title: Awakening of the Earth Spirits
Ending: Shrine at the Foot of the Mountain
Staff Roll: The Gods Give Us Blessed Rain ~ Sylphid Dream
PoFV: Poison Body ~ Forsaken Doll
PC98: This is hard. Tie between Shes in a Temper!! and Alice Maestra

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:00:12 AM by Myon »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 01:28:28 PM »
Menu: SA
Stage 1: UFO
Stage 1 boss: UFO
Stage 2: SA
Stage 2 boss: IN
Stage 3: UFO
Stage 3 Boss: SA
Stage 4: IN
Stage 4 boss: SA
Stage 5: PCB
Stage 5 boss: PCB
Stage 6: EoSD
Stage 6 boss: SA
Extra Stage: SA
Extra Stage boss: SA
Ending: MoF
Credits: MoF
Overall Stage theme: SA Stage 2
Overall Boss theme: SA Stage 6 boss
Not game-related Touhou track: Greenwich in the Sky

(I'm just way too lazy to type the entire track titles.)

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
Haven't we done this before somewhere else?
...Oh well.

Stage 1:Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry (EoSD)
Stage 1 Boss: Apparitions Stalk the Night (EoSD)
Stage 2: The Bridge People No Longer Cross (SA) (Freaking apocalyptic and epic. Love it. <3)
Stage 2 Boss: It's a tie between Beloved Tomboyish Daughter (EoSD) and Green-Eyed Jealousy (SA). They're both amazing.
Stage 3: Walking the Streets of a Former Hell (SA)
Stage 3 Boss: Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 (EoSD)
Stage 4: Voile ~ The Magic Library (EoSD)
Stage 4 Boss: Phantom Ensemble (PCB) (Easily one of my very top favorites. It's just amazingly epic.)
Stage 5: Cinderella Cage (IN)
Stage 5 Boss: Lunatic Eyes (IN)
Stage 6: Voyage 1969 (IN)
Stage 6 Boss: Septette for the Dead Princess (EoSD), History of the Moon (IN) (Another tie, both of these are just too amazing to choose between)
Extra Stage: The Centennial Festival for Magical Girls (EoSD)
Extra Boss: U.N. Owen Was Her? (EoSD)
~~~
PoDD Theme: Sailor of Time, hands down. It's simply extraordinary and addicting. Not to mention Chiyuri is an awesome character.

PoFV Theme: Flower Land. Yuka is an awesome character as it is and this song is just as awesome.

IaMP Theme: Septette for the Dead Princess. What a great and epic arrange for a fighter game.

SWR Theme: Lunatic Eyes. Again, just greatness.

Marisa Theme: Love-coloured Master Spark. Addicting as hell and load of fun.

Sakuya Theme: Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial. Sure, Flowering Night is amazing, but not quite near the level of this.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »
Menu : A Shadow in the Blue Sky (UFO)

Stage 1 : Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry (EoSD)
Stage 1 Boss : Stage 1 Boss: Apparitions Stalk the Night (EoSD)

Stage 2 : The Fantastic Legend of Tohno (PCB)
Stage 2 Boss : Beware the Umbrella left for 10000 years (UFO)

Stage 3 : Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea (EoSD)
Stage 3 Boss : Plain Asia (IN)

Stage 4 : The capital city of flowers in the sky (PCB)
Stage 4 Boss : Phantom Ensemble (PCB) close to 3rd Eye (SA)

Stage 5 : Ancient Temple (PCB) and Cinderella Cage (IN)
Stage 5 Boss : Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial (EoSD)

Stage 6 : Cemetery of Onbashira ~ Grave of Being (MoF)
Stage 6 Boss : Septette for the Dead Princess (EoSD) and Border of Life (PCB)

Extra : The Centennial Festival for Magical Girls (EoSD)
Extra Boss : U.N. Owen Was Her? (EoSD) and Native Faith (MoF)

IaMP : Broken Moon, Ancient Temple (>_>)

[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »
I don't really listen to menu or ending themes much, and I've never really grown towards them, but no less, here's my list.

Stage 1 Theme: Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry (EoSD)
Stage 1 Boss: Tiny, Tiny, Clever Commander (UFO)
Stage 2 Theme: The Fantastic Legend of Tohno (PCB)
Stage 2 Boss: Green Eyed Jealousy (SA), but Withered Leaf (PCB) and Beloved Tomboyish Daughter (EoSD) come close.
Stage 3 Theme: Doll Maker of Bucruesti (PCB)
Stage 3 Boss: Doll Judgment (PCB), simply because I love Alice that much.
Stage 4 Theme: Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall (MoF), with Romantic Children (MS) right behind it.
Stage 4 Boss: Oh, jeez, stage 4 bosses always had awesome music... This one's going to Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye (SA), though.
Stage 5 Theme: I never really loved any Stage 5 themes, but in this case, it's Ancient Temple (PCB)
Stage 5 Boss: Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial (EoSD), with Lunatic Eyes (IN) trailing lazily.
Stage 6 Theme: Voyage 1969 (IN)
Stage 6 Boss: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion (SA) and Septette for the Dead Princess (EoSD) are tied here.
Extra Theme: Alice in Wonderland (MS)
Extra Boss: Hartmann's Youkai Girl (SA) and Immortal Smoke (IN) tied.

Favourites from the games:

EoSD: Septette for the Dead Princess
PCB: Border of Life (both versions)
IaMP: Witches Ball
IN: Voyage 1970 and Immortal Smoke take this one.
PoFV: Flowering Night, hands down.
StB: Most original tracks here were meh, so Wind God Girl wins this one.
MoF: Autumnal Waterfall
SWR: Bhava-agra As Seen Through a Child's Mind, simply because it is the most EPIC thing EVER. Not even the most epic instrument ever (electric violin) could make it any more epic alone!
SA: Tough one, since this was full of so many awesome songs, IMO... Nonetheless, Green Eyed Jealousy and Hartmann's Youkai Girl take this cake.
Out-of-Game: Greenwich in the Sky

Specific Characters:
Reimu: Don't really like any of her themes that much, but Maiden's Capriccio is the cake here.
Marisa: SWR remix of Casket of Star. Just fits!
Sakuya: SWR remix of Flowering Night. I dunno, it's rather fitting to her perfection and elegance.
Alice: Well, this goes to Romantic Children, I guess... It's really close, though.
Yukari: Evening Star
Aya: Wind God Girl

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 02:24:58 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=208.0

Don't feel like typing them out again. :>