Author Topic: The biggest, most aggravating thing to happen to me while playing...  (Read 2121 times)

... has to be my WILDLY inconsistent playing.  I can't fathom how this is, that I can go from having an average game, to the BEST play I've ever had on a game, topping my old high score by 50% or more, then losing all my lives before the stage 5 midboss and then doing average-good again.  In the span of four games, I go from my average to my best game ever to my worst game ever to about average yet again.

Does ANYONE have any tips for reigning in what I would consider to be massive inconsistency in playing ability/skill?  I don't know how I can go from losing 1 life and a handful of bombs on Reisin (in my average run) to losing four lives to her (on my best run ever) and not even reaching her to see how I am doing (worst run).

It's really infuriating... that it can honestly look like two different people are playing the game when it's me playing twice in a row.  Any advice at all on reigning this in? :/

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
Re: The biggest, most aggravating thing to happen to me while playing...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:48:20 PM »
Hell if anyone has a good answer I'm listening.

I know what you mean, Some runs I can dodge danmaku like a pro and hear the graze go up like a geiger counter. Then on the stage after I'll get wiped out by the faires. THE FRIGGIN FAIRIES!!! then Ill fuck up on the boss as a result. Sometimes ill just suck from the start lol.

Actually heres a good idea, Play StB. the first one. If you get pissed off you can just try another stage, not just that, but you dont lose your progress either when you DO fuck up. Think I may play StB in a bit now, actually lol.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »
I find that Touhou games require so much concentration that breaks are a necessity. At most, I do one playthrough a day, maybe with some random stage practices first. That way, my brain concentrates solely on that one playthrough.

Also, the game wants you to lose. You need to remember that and make sure you don't lose.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:41:28 PM »
I only beat MoF after playing it for an evening and finally getting to Kanako.

I went to bed and managed to fbeat it by 10:00 the next day