Author Topic: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - D?j? Vu  (Read 21654 times)

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 05:23:51 PM »
The topic kind of died...

Updated the BGM for the remilia fight as UI-70's remix is more epic.

Also, uploaded an Aya Shameimaru boss fight for v0.12m. But for some reason the "KANAKO" version of Helepolis cutin script looks a bit weird in my script (at least to me/am i doing it wrong?).

Remilia v1.1: http://bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/remilia-scarlet-boss-fight/v/11

Aya v1: http://bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/aya-shameimaru-boss-battle/v/1

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »
Alright, Review of Aya (normal mode):

Nonspell 1: Basically Aya's nonspells, still good i guess (9/10)
Spell 1: Good (10/10)
Nonspell 2: Good (10/10)
Spell 2: Aya moves too fast, maybe slow her down or give some sort of warning, besides that, it's pretty easy (4/10)
Nonspell 3: Good (10/10)
Spell 3: Very creative :D (10/10)
Nonspell 4: Too easy (6/10)
Spell 4: It's easy if you move to the middle, except for the last few seconds (7/10)
Spell 5: WTFOMG (6/10)

Overall: 72/90 (80%)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:16:36 AM by Shockman »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 05:25:19 AM »
Well, i guess i have to modify the spellcards difficulties once more, especially on spellcard 2 and 4.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 08:35:44 PM »
Updated the first post and added my challenge 6 entry, Kotohime style.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
Challenge 3 entry posted on the first post. Also accidently deleted the Kotohime script, had to reupload it :X
Updated the Rumia script, now Rumia actually is bomb-immune like a real extra boss should be.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 08:08:01 PM »
Put up 3 new entries for Sparen's thread  :3.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 05:23:22 AM »
Added a version 0.8 (kind of) reskin for the original danmakufu player characters (version 0.12m). Wouldn't call it version 1 because Marisa B/Reimu As bombs aren't changed at all and then there's also Reimus "fireballs" which I don't even know how to change. Because there's no scripting involved, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to upload it to bulletforge so I uploaded it to mediafire. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x54lp2bxp0mxtce
Bulletforge link: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/zun-style-danmakufu-012m-player-skins/v/10

Basically just a reskin for the ugly basic v0.12m characters to make them look better (hopefully they look good to you :/ ) using graphics from mostly MoF, Hisoutensoku, TD and IN.

Just add the folder named "img" to the same folder as your danmakufu exe and it's done!

EDIT: Changed the player graphics, they looked ugly before :<
DoubleEDIT: Preview video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNjaA9w_UUw
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:56:08 PM by Darkness1 »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 05:54:59 AM »
Mystic Extra Stage uploaded: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/mystic-extra-stage/v/1

Contains an updated version of my player sprite change.
Includes two versions, one with less effects and one with all effects on.

Guess who the main boss is :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 06:06:13 AM by Darkness1 »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - ??? Extra Stage
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
For the extra stage, can you upload a script-only version?

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »
For the extra stage, can you upload a script-only version?
Well sure, If I don't misunderstand you, just with the two script folders? The script style won't quite be the same and it will only shrink the size by like 5MB (I can however upload each effect folder separately to halve the downloading size if you want that).
Uploaded to mediafire for these versions:
More effects: http://www.mediafire.com/download/agobx0v6p1o2v5q/Mystic_Extra_Stage_-_More_effects.zip
Less effects: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uc7xk93pceqqu8j/Mystic_Extra_Stage_-_Less_effects.zip

EDIT: both uploaded separately now and should be working.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:34:27 AM by Darkness1 »

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 04:20:27 AM »
Reposting this from Bulletforge because I realize that I kind of sort of went on a rant and wrote way too much for the Bulletforge comments:

Quote from: Ozzy
This is overwhelmingly harder than your typical extra stage. The biggest problem, IMO, is the length of stage and the limited number of extends. Nearly everything about the stage is harder than a normal Extra stage and on top of that you get LESS lives than normal Extra stages.

I'm disappointed because I see a lot of potential in this. It has a well paced and fun stage (if too long) and a lot of good ideas. I really enjoyed the concept of the boss's first spell, for example. I just wish I could actually SEE the rest of the battle.

Oh and one more thing, do you think you could lower the brightness of MarisaB's laser? It has a habit of blocking out bright enemy bullets, ESPECIALLY Shou's lasers. It can completely hide them. Also, I should point out that Shou's lasers' hitboxes are too large. They extend too long behind the lasers.

I would like to add that I REALLY want to like this, but I just feel that the entire thing is just too far above your typical Extra stage.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:22:51 AM by Ozzy »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »
I really do have a habit of making everything way too hard.
I'll see what I can do (but I'm not so sure of that Shou laser thing).

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »
While I did enjoy the extra stage (have yet to beat it for the obvious) I have to agree that the difficulty is a bit much. A lot of the sections of the stage just drag on for far too long (I've managed to learn how to maintain 4 lives by midboss) but the second and third spellcard are rough while I see how to potentially dodge those last two... not sure if that's extra difficulty.

I didn't particularly like how long the latter half of the stage dragged on for though as neat as the concepts are.

Boss patterns seem okay granted I seem to have problems with the one where large bullets explode like mines. I've only managed to reach as far as the one where aimed lasers target you and release fireballs in its wake.

Edit: Nice theme to it though.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 09:37:54 PM »
Update uploaded for the extra stage, which hopefully makes it playable.
Version 1.5: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/mystic-extra-stage/v/15

Thanks for all the feedback so far :3

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »
Well technically it was "playable" before but it was extremely merciless on the stage portion. As a result of a few runs of practice I was still able to maintain 4 lives by the midboss (but usually ended up with one by the main boss). Consequently in the new version I had minor difficulty on the entire stage portion with the exception of the second and third midboss card, mostly as I haven't finished figuring out the best methods on them. Now instead of ending up with one life by the boss, in one try, I maintained 5 lives. Still failed by the end but the last half of the boss was me winging it as I've never seen it before (due to the harder version draining my resources badly).

The beginning is still intense "looking" but due to the mandatory learning curve of the previous version it is still easy. No real complaints on that part as grazing is still grazing.

Edit: Alright so I got better at some things. I find the second spellcard to be a bit dense but I "have" cleared it once, just once. As of now I have managed to clear the boss finally. Winging that final spellcard's new sections was rough but it was done. Stage is easier thanks to a bearable stage portion.

Another note, the 6th or 7th or something spellcard where the blue and red bullets shoot out, the explosion radius of the red bullets seems to have a rather large hitbox for what it shows.  I often find myself getting hit even though it feels like I should be safe.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:01:28 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:19 AM »
Glad that it worked out in the end. A problem I now noticed is the sort of fake difficulty when too many bullets are bomb-resistant. Well, and the midboss first spellcard still has the stupid laser hitboxes (all curved lasers has those, but it is most annoying in that one spellcard).
But the "explosion" hitbox being too large is something I must look into, since I didn't notice it at first.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - Flowery Danmaku
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
I felt like making a ph3 script, so I made a(nother) extra boss script, with Yuuka Kazami.
Link: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/yuuka-kazami-plural/v/1

Hopefully it has no unexpected errors.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - Eternal Faithful Miko
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »
RaNGE contest 10 entry is pretty much done, unless something unexpected happens.
Bulletforge link: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/range-contest-10-entry-eternal-miko/v/1

A boss battle against the Eternal Faithful Miko, ph3 style.
Contains the four basic difficulties easy, normal, hard and lunatic.
(Sadly there barely exists any remixes of The Strange Everyday Life of the Flying Shrine Maiden...
Spoiler:
underrated theme
)

I'm abit ashamed I didn't make Reimu teleport or superdash or anything, cause that's probably the main reason I find her "badass", but I couldn't really come up with any good spellcard idea with that as a theme.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:31:15 PM by Darkness1 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 03:23:18 PM »
(Sadly there barely exists any remixes of The Strange Everyday Life of the Flying Shrine Maiden...
Spoiler:
underrated theme
)

I'm abit ashamed I didn't make Reimu teleport or superdash or anything, cause that's probably the main reason I find her "badass", but I couldn't really come up with any good spellcard idea with that as a theme.

The music was awesome and went well with the script. And I loved it, by the way.

There was a bug with the player script I used (RPG), but I doubt that it's your fault. Probably an issue with being used in pre15.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
There was a bug with the player script I used (RPG), but I doubt that it's your fault. Probably an issue with being used in pre15.
Strange, I used RPG too, but I didn't notice anything.
Well, except for the player almost going out of the screen borders.

I knew what kind of background I was going to make the instant I chose that theme :v

EDIT:
WHOOPS. Thanks for the feedback and best of luck ^^

Spoiler:
((The second spellcard is a reference to another certain bow-wielding shrine maiden. Just for fun, really.))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:32:00 AM by Darkness1 »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2013, 07:52:37 AM »
Seems like I had an error afterall. Uploaded a new version 1.1 of the script, which should fix the player error. (Thanks to Sparen for making me notice it ^^")
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/range-contest-10-entry-eternal-miko/v/11

Spectral Nexus

• Idealistic Aspirer and Unacheiver
  • Hella trippy.
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »
You really should make tutorials on ph3, your script is absolutely spectacular and I'd love to learn how you do it! I've tried looking at the wiki, but the tutorials are incomplete and I can't use the functions to make a full script yet because I don't understand them derp. Helepolis' tutorials are very helpful, and I don't want to sound pressurizing or annoying, but he hasn't really posted a tutorial in one and a half months ^_^".
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would love a tutorial from you!
Please consider it! Thank you!
COMPOSING FOR: Magical Moon Story / Mystic Memory Drive (Full Game)
- Old Chateau Story (Stage 3 and Title Themes)
- Ephemeral Unnatural Balance (Stage 2 & Stage 5 Themes)
- Illusionary Visual Twilight (Full Game)
- Hopefully a few of my own future fangames! :-D

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2013, 06:18:04 PM »
Well, thanks and all, but I'm pretty sure you should ask someone else for it. I can script well in ph3, sure, but people like Talos Mistake/Gtbot/Ozzy obviously have alot more understanding of how ph3 works and they would probably be better to write a tutorial for ph3.
I could always help, but some things, like how event and system scripting works is something I'm not certain of.

Spectral Nexus

• Idealistic Aspirer and Unacheiver
  • Hella trippy.
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »
Well, thanks and all, but I'm pretty sure you should ask someone else for it. I can script well in ph3, sure, but people like Talos Mistake/Gtbot/Ozzy obviously have alot more understanding of how ph3 works and they would probably be better to write a tutorial for ph3.
I could always help, but some things, like how event and system scripting works is something I'm not certain of.
That's fine. Thanks for the recommendations! I really need to start anew to scripting, and you're helping a lot. Thank you!
COMPOSING FOR: Magical Moon Story / Mystic Memory Drive (Full Game)
- Old Chateau Story (Stage 3 and Title Themes)
- Ephemeral Unnatural Balance (Stage 2 & Stage 5 Themes)
- Illusionary Visual Twilight (Full Game)
- Hopefully a few of my own future fangames! :-D

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »
That's fine. Thanks for the recommendations! I really need to start anew to scripting, and you're helping a lot. Thank you!
Also, I found the tutorials at the wiki pretty decent, even if incomplete.
I learned how to script ph3 myself by looking at the wiki and looking at TalosMistake's scripts.

Honestly, I find it easier and more fun to use overall than 0.12m was, it's just that it's harder to start up with.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - Jam and Contest entries
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »
Bump  :3
*Added two recent scripts:

Koishi Adventure (Halloween Contest entry):
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/halloween-contest-entry/v/1

Kanako Boss (Danmakufu Jam 2 entry):
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/jam-2-kanako-boss/v/12

*Changed the placement of the frontpage links and text.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:03:27 PM by Darkness1 »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - Happenings of Nothing Special
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »
Invisible Bump

*Added the latest (and hopefully last) version of my AAA Contest entry, a Koakuma Plural script. Works with the currently latest version of ph3, which is version .1 pre3.

V1.2: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/aaa-contest-entry-koakuma/v/12

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - The usual
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2014, 02:10:06 AM »
Shameless bump for this ancient tomb:

Shinki Boss Fight (ICM Contest Entry):
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/icm-contest-entry-shinki/v/1

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Darkness1's Standard Stuff - D?j? Vu
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2015, 04:40:51 PM »
Obligatory bump for a possibly meaningless script collection thread.

Added the RaNGE 14 contest entry to the top of the list.
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/darkness1/p/range-14-yuuka-boss-fight

Should probably still fix the first spellcard as it seems to be the most ridiculous one somehow, if only I can figure out how to make the trails spawn at the edges of the screen more naturally.