Author Topic: What would you truly be in a RPG ?  (Read 11691 times)

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Re: What would you truly be in a RPG ?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 11:24:05 PM »
NPCs have stats too  :V, they also have background / lore.
Call me crazy, but I immediately think of Zinnia from ORAS.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 02:34:23 AM »
Actually, NPCs can be way deeper than any playable character could ever be, because playable characters in RPGs are empty shells to project yourself to, most of the time.
Maybe in the videogame sense, but in this topic you're essentially creating a character, and no good RPG character would lack depth or breadth
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 02:51:33 AM »
Race:

-Human

Class:

-Magical Boy

Skills:

-Time Manipulation
-Weapon Transfiguration

Role:

-Adaptable to the Situation

Positive Traits:

-Extremelly Observant
-Highly Intelligent
-Can use almost all weapons but....

Negative Traits:

-He doesn't know how to use some weapons properly ( this means while he can use them, their damage or accuracy are reduced a bit )
-Slight Apathy
-While he does enjoy it, he has difficulty socializing

Alignment:

-Chaotic Good

Stats:

STR-10
INT-18
WIS-18
DEX-14
CON-10
CHR-6

1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 03:35:37 AM »
From the stats quiz;

STR: 9
INT: 17
WIS: 13
DEX: 12
CON: 10
CHR: 8

And the attached alignment quiz pegged me as a True Neutral Human Sorcerer (Level 3, though I have no idea what that means exactly). Sounds about right for my real-life self at least. I always felt more attracted to magic classes, but I'm not sure if I would specialize in any one type. Ice and lightning are cool and all, but Final Fantasy also got me interested in gravity-based magic (without the "percent damage" aspect of it though). Not to mention my time with RO showed me how much I like playing as healers, so healing magic would be right up my alley too.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 03:55:21 AM »
The quiz that gives you a race, class, and stats gave me this:

Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd level)

STR: 9
DEX: 9
CON: 11
INT: 14
WIS: 14
CHA: 12

That's funny, that's virtually every D&D character I've ever played unless I was making a conscious effort to go "against type". Pretty accurate. :V And the stats are relatively similar to the other quiz too.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 05:34:49 AM »
Race/Class/Stats Results:

Human Neutral Good Paladin/Wizard(2nd/1st Level)

Strength- 13(subtracting 4 from this one due to me being pretty noodle-armed in reality)9
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 10

That seems like a decently balanced set of things so I can't say I'd be entirely opposed.  If D&D Paladins are the "might use swords and shields and protect others as well as attack" type dealies then I'd be ok with that.  The extra abilities to cast magic would also be quite handy from the Sorcerer class.

Addendum:  I can't imagine myself not having some sort of light magic involvement, but I'm torn between whether I'd be just light or also maybe wind to a degree.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »

How to become Chaotic Good plox? Is it stuff like "Assassinate the President", or "Spy for the country?"

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »
Actually, NPCs can be way deeper than any playable character could ever be, because playable characters in RPGs are empty shells to project yourself to, most of the time.

I mean I'd be someone unimportant the game makers wouldn't even have bothered giving stats. That unimportant NPC who just endlessly repeats that they wonder if tomorrow'll be a nice day.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 04:53:26 PM »

How to become Chaotic Good plox? Is it stuff like "Assassinate the President", or "Spy for the country?"

Killing the president is prooobably evil unless the president is super evil. Nobody even assassinated Lex Luthor when he was the president. I think it's crazy bad karma.

I'm not sure what alignment a spy would be. Probably neutral, since they're still working within an organized system of goverment or military or whatever.

Chaotic Good is a Han Solo/Robin Hood/Mal Reynolds/extremely generous depiction of Conan The Barbarian type. I'm failing to really come up with good examples from Touhou since just about everyone skews heavily neutral. Maaaaybe Mokou.

And those stats are... probably not right. I don't know what's wrong with the quiz that it gave you that, but those are like "effortlessly beat Batman in a Batman contest blindfolded"-tier stats. Maybe you're the mightiest superhuman who ever lived, but statistically I'm guessing prooobably not.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 04:59:35 PM »
And those stats are... probably not right. I don't know what's wrong with the quiz that it gave you that, but those are like "effortlessly beat Batman in a Batman contest blindfolded"-tier stats. Maybe you're the mightiest superhuman who ever lived, but statistically I'm guessing prooobably not.
Strength-wise. I'm pretty physically fit. I'm quite athletic, but not peak-human beating professionally trained-athletes fit*. Other than moral choices, I'm sure I answered in most stat-based choices in-between average and best(like, bad, average >good<, best). So I actually have no clue.

Edit: I'll replicate the choices I did for that tomorrow, so you can check if the quiz is somewhat wrong in a way. Right now I'm gonna sleep. :derp:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:01:57 PM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 07:11:04 PM »
From the aligment-class-race-stats quiz I got Lawful Neutral Human Wizard (level 2).

New stats from this quiz:
Strength- 8
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 11

Previous quiz results from previous quiz:
STR:5
INT:13
WIS:14
DEX:5
CON:6
CHR:8

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:20 PM »
Lawful Good Half-Elf Druid (1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 9
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 17
Charisma- 10

In new quiz, nerfed Con and Str by 3. What does 1st Level mean ?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
First level just means you've never leveled up. Once you get experience you become second level and so on. Standard RPG stuff.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 10:13:43 PM »
So presumably it means while you'd FIT such classes, you wouldn't necessarily fit as anything ADVANCED in them right away, I'm assuming.   Sort of like one meeting the minimum requirements for something but that's it.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »
So if i were an RPG character, i could become an even stronger version of that class later ? Wow, so does anybody have a Guiding Ring or an Esper or Materia or Djinns or anything of sorts ?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2016, 10:31:17 PM »
More accurately level refers to life experience.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2016, 06:32:50 AM »
The D&D quiz gave me this:
STR: 10
CON: 13
DEX: 11
INT: 14
WIS: 11
CHA: 9
And for my class, race, and all that jazz it gave me a Lv. 1 True Neutral Human Wizard. Figured I'd be somewhere along those lines :P

Being a wizard I?d probably specialize in wind magic. I tend to look around and drift from place to place, and I just love the feeling of the wind blowing through me. Hell, depending on how the magic works it could prove to be a versatile element that could make me fly, blow away incoming projectiles or enemies, or even work together with a fire wizard in making their flames stronger.
For weapons I'd have some basic or general training in a sword in case I'd run outta MP or Spell Slots, maybe get a gun if they?d exist ?n aren't too cumbersome or expensive to use and maintain in a battle.
Might be a free spirit wandering the land and sky, minding my own business and not getting involved in too many problems unless either I think it?ll be an interesting lil' adventure or my conscience gets the better of me. Probably even do a few odd jobs or deliveries for some quick cash.
Maybe I?d get a traveling companion to make my adventures a bit less lonely and save my skin if I get trapped while exploring.

zero_breaker

• Is chuuni before 2nd year
  • Must... resist... procrastination...
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
I got this:

Lawful Good Elf Wizard/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)
STR: 12
DEX:11
CON: 11
INT:14
WIS:14
CHA:12

That said, apparently I'm very nearly Lawful Neutral, Neutral Good or Chaotic Good.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »
Also forgot to put these traits here:

-Different Perception: (Although without glasses i can't see shit from 15m away, with them i focus on things other people disregard, like a ant climbing a tree or pole)
-Masochist: (I don't know bout this one, my friend said i was one, i think not, but i conceive that i kinda enjoy pain. I mean, it's just pain, it goes away after a while, i mean...  okay, i enjoy pain and maybe i inflict pain on myself for no reason other than that ? I still think it's nothing. :V)