Author Topic: Touhou Patches That Need to Exist  (Read 13308 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Touhou Patches That Need to Exist
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:55:51 PM »
Very self-explanatory.

Here's some patches that, in theory, should be able to exist by modifying code:

• IN: Youkai Grazing = Time Everywhere
  • MoF and SA: Autobomb Patches

Any other patches you would like to see?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:05:35 PM by bigyihsuan »
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
Re: Touhou Patches that Should Exist But Don't Right Now
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »
New ones:

• EoSD-IN: Autobomb Patch
  • EoSD-UFO: Boss Rush Patch that HAS BOMBING. (I'm looking at you, Drake.)

Anyone else?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:02:29 AM »
A patch for Marisa's 3.00 power laser bug in th10.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:29:18 PM by Arcorann »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »
  • IN: Youkai Grazing = Time Everywhere
What. Why? Please elaborate.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
Personally, I'd like a vsync patch for DDC.  If there's a way to make an existing one (like TDs) work with DDC, well, I don't know how to do that.  Either way I have noticed slight amounts of input lag while playing and want to be destroyed by try 90FPS stuff in it.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 07:19:54 PM »
What. Why? Please elaborate.

You know that in IN, you get Time Orbs by grazing when your Youkai-Human Gauge is over 80% AND you're fighting a boss or midboss, right?

What I mean is that when your Youkai-Human Gauge is at 80% or more, ANYWHERE, you get Time Orbs.

What the patch's purpose is, it is so that non-grazers (like me) can actually get more Time Orbs during stages, AND so that all of my runs don't become Almost No-Focus runs, as I can't get enough Time Orbs when focused.

Although streaming would cheat the system....

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »
That doesn't seem like it would help much.  You get time orbs for cancelling familiars, so you could just do that if you want the last spells.  The other thing is during bosses, you get time orbs anyway just due to how many bullets there are.  I don't see the need for that.

I mean, why other than the last spells would you need time orbs, it's not like you're scoring in which case this would invalidate scoring, so all that remains is last spells.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »
That doesn't seem like it would help much.  You get time orbs for cancelling familiars, so you could just do that if you want the last spells.  The other thing is during bosses, you get time orbs anyway just due to how many bullets there are.  I don't see the need for that.

I mean, why other than the last spells would you need time orbs, it's not like you're scoring in which case this would invalidate scoring, so all that remains is last spells.

I'm a survival-type of person, and just want to get as far as I can on one continue, so Time Orbs give me more chances to get to the end.

Anyway, I try to graze as little as possible, so that I don't die.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »
I'm a survival-type of person, and just want to get as far as I can on one continue, so Time Orbs give me more chances to get to the end.

Anyway, I try to graze as little as possible, so that I don't die.

If you're trying to 1cc the game, then time orbs mean nothing actually, because all they earn you is more continues and the Last Spells, really. And if you want time orbs without tons of grazing, just familiar cancel. It gives you a LOT of time orbs, although of course some patterns can earn you a lot of time through graze as well. Still, don't forget familiar canceling.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 01:51:35 AM »
MotK's own EthanSilver has 12-14 covered pretty well. And
http://cheater.seesaa.net/category/9478192-1.html
http://cheater.seesaa.net/article/182111876.html
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches
and the Time bonus thing? I dunno, I really like IN, and I think that could be fun just for Last Spells, but from a survival perspective it's really not advantageous.

Personally, I think it might be fun to play as the boss, against an AI player, or netplay.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
A REALLY weird patch that I've been thinking of for the past few days: Why not have a Touhou game where the player has to play through other stages to get to where they have to go?

For example: In TD, the player has to go through the Netherworld, Youkai Temple, its graveyard, a cave, the outside of the Spirit Mausoleum, and the inside of the Spirit Mausoleum. The Extra stage has the Youkai Temple Back Road.

In order for the heroines to get to the Netherworld, they had to take the PCB path, right?

So, I would like to see some Touhou games remixed, but the locations matter for the stages.

I mean, in TD in this case, that the heroines go through PCB Stages 1-4, then TD starts. For the TD Extra stage, then it's all of that, AND the extra stage itself.

Ideas? (Yes, it will make the game harder, and there will be incompatibilities between the new and old Touhou engines)

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 10:45:35 PM »
Stuff I'd like to see:

-Boss practice that includes midbosses and bombs
-Spell and nonspell practice for games that don't have them yet
-Proper "ultra" patches.  Stuff that's actually playtested and designed around everything being possible and not filled with forced bombs on undodgable walls and crap.  PCB is okay but the others are so sloppily made for the most part.
-More arrange modes like what Nereid did with TD, except not with TD.
-Netplay on a PC98 emulator (for PoDD)
-Practice mode settings for games without the use of CheatEngine or SpoilerAL (life and bomb stock, power, Cherry/UFO/Trance settings, etc)
-DDC make Seija not flip your screen/controls around patch like wow ZUN what were you thinking

Oh, and

Personally, I'd like a vsync patch for DDC.

EDIT: Oh and a STB/DS final photo patch - since a lot of spells are fun for dodging but aren't fun until you get to the last shot.  Timeout shenanigans and such.  Doesn't need to actually be the last photo, but just start at the final phase and stay there.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:15:22 AM by ♥♥♥東方Hugger♥♥♥ »

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 07:28:31 AM »
[links]
Seriously, if you're going to demand patches, make sure they don't already exist first.
Good thing everyone can into moon @_@
I'll just download stuff and try it and see what crazy shit those guys in the east came up with.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 03:06:41 AM »
An epic one:

Two player Touhou!

No, not the Phantasmagorias and Fighting games, I'm talking about the main games.

You get 50% more lives and bombs to accommodate for the 2 players. Difficulty is the same for both players, and both players can pick their own shots. For expample, Person 1 can pick Shot A, while person B can pick Shot B, etc.

What do you think?

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:42:22 AM »
An epic one:

Two player Touhou!

No, not the Phantasmagorias and Fighting games, I'm talking about the main games.

You get 50% more lives and bombs to accommodate for the 2 players. Difficulty is the same for both players, and both players can pick their own shots. For expample, Person 1 can pick Shot A, while person B can pick Shot B, etc.

What do you think?
I think this sounds really really hard but it would be very very cool.

Re: Touhou Patches That Need to Exist
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 03:34:33 AM »
A REALLY weird patch that I've been thinking of for the past few days: Why not have a Touhou game where the player has to play through other stages to get to where they have to go?
To use your TD+PCB example... you'd only have to do stages 4 and 6 of PCB, since you already know where Yuyuko is and how to enter Hakugyokurou, and since Youmu is one of the playables it makes no sense to have her fight herself twice just to reach Yuyuko.

Though I would love to see an "All The Touhous" Touhou... a game that randomly cobbles together stages from the various touhous, and you can select whatever shot type you want! PCB SakuyaB versus Momiji and Aya? MoF MarisaB versus Rin Kaenbyou? Yuyuko versus Yuyuko?

(though this does remind me of a little fun forum game type thing I want to put up later)
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 03:42:49 AM »
Though I would love to see an "All The Touhous" Touhou... a game that randomly cobbles together stages from the various touhous, and you can select whatever shot type you want! PCB SakuyaB versus Momiji and Aya? MoF MarisaB versus Rin Kaenbyou? Yuyuko versus Yuyuko?

That, would be AWESOME.

Especially the fact you could pick tour favorite shot and use it in another game...  :]

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »
You'd get to pick your favorite shot, but you'd get a random stage 1, then a random stage 2, and so forth.
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 01:57:57 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but I think no one thought of this before:

Auto-Ice Barrier for GFW!

A simple patch that, when hit, will automatically activate the Ice Barrier if you have no bombs and your Ice Charge is >=30%. Is also an autobomb.

Obviously, in order to keep this from becoming a game breaker, the higher the difficulty, the shorter the range of the Ice, as the higher difficulties obviously have more bullets, and thus more ice.

It can be turned on or off for separate difficulties in a config file, but it's off by default.

It WILL destroy the replays that use the patch, so yeah.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:57 AM »
I have a suggestion for a patch that I like to see.

A English patch for a game called "原子暗黒殿"(Google translates this as "Atom dark hall"), which is a SRPG game that has virtually no info about it on the wiki, yet there is a walkthrough for it on Youtube somehow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9LHNtW02r0

Personally, I would like to request that someone help in trying to fill in the stub that is on the wiki as well, but I don't know if this is the place to ask for that... (I'll fill in some of the details myself, if it has to come to that, but I don't have the game, so there's only so much that I can do...)
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
The game's called "Genshi Ankokuden", and here:
http://voilearchives.wordpress.com/tag/genshi-ankokuden/

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 06:26:00 AM »
EoSD: You already get extends for 10, 20, 40, and 60 million. Let's have it give extends for 90, 120, 160, 200, and so on.
PCB: Remove the slowdown from Youmu's spells. What fun.
IN: Actually make time orbs serve a purpose in survival.
MoF: Graze counter, if not already done.
SA: Remove the PIV multiplier cap hit at 90,000 graze.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »
It actually caps at 89900 graze.
I found the addresses for the graze multiplier cap, they're coded in the assembly.
In all 4 fields, you'll need to change 383 (=899) to a higher integer number.
In my example, I changed it to 3E7 and was able to achieve a higher multiplier of up to 10.99x.

Not that it's an easy feat to ascend beyond the original cap in a typical score run.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »
dat necro bump

I wonder if anyone made a patch that makes it so that you can press C or something and Seija switches her sub item in 14.3.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 05:55:56 AM »
Another necro. Please pardon me.

And pardon the fact that technically I'm not talking about Touhou. Actually, I would like a patch for the Len'en games that disable the backgrounds, because especially in RMI they kill my FPS. RMI's backgrounds holds a gun up to FPS's head, shoots it multiple times, and bashes it with a giant hammer to get the guts out.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200