Author Topic: Suikoden 2 coming to the PSN this week...maybe even tomorrow?  (Read 2229 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Suikoden 2 coming to the PSN this week...maybe even tomorrow?
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:43 AM »
I've been waiting for 2 to get a psn release for effing years, and it's finally coming! eeeek... Apparently it'll cost 10 bucks US too, A steal given how much the dang game costs on ebay.

I personally have only played a few hours of it, but had no complaints so far. If you don't know Suikoden 2 is considered by many one of the best classic RPGs up there, Chrono trigger FF6/7 (I personally don't like 7 but whatever), lunar material.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Re: Suikoden 2 coming to the PSN this week...maybe even tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »
No way! I've been waiting years to play this game, I've only had a chance to buy this once but you know $100+ is kinda hard to shell out. I never fully finished the first one but glad something from the first game is in the second.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »
I could have sworn Suikoden II's been available for PSP for quite a while: I recall people talking about them fixing the Matilda Gate glitch. Maybe it was Japan only?

EDIT: Ah, it appears it's for today. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/06/suikoden-ii-coming-to-psn/

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 02:49:26 PM »
I never fully finished the first one but glad something from the first game is in the second.

Oho, trust me, not just "something".

Suikoden 2 is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. Managing to make a game with more than a hundred of playable characters and make most of them memorable is no small feat, and the whole game feels pretty polished in general. And it got such a great villain.

I'm totally getting those games again.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »
Oho, trust me, not just "something".

Suikoden 2 is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. Managing to make a game with more than a hundred of playable characters and make most of them memorable is no small feat, and the whole game feels pretty polished in general. And it got such a great villain.

I'm totally getting those games again.

I'd rather not spoil what the something is but not sure if everyone knows by know.

I loved the first one but I heard how polished the second is and gets me excited.

BTW it is a spoiler for a possible ending on S2 (how do people abbreviate this one?) But did you know gaming has a 5 trivia facts video of the games which talks about the second game.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
I'd rather not spoil what the something is but not sure if everyone knows by know.
Try to avoid the spoil if possible. It's not anything drastic, but it's a nice surprise if you loved the first game.

Also, it's possible to link your save from Suikoden to Suikoden II. Again, it's not the end of the world if you don't, but eh, it's there.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
Also, it's possible to link your save from Suikoden to Suikoden II. Again, it's not the end of the world if you don't, but eh, it's there.

What! Does it change anything or does it do something with levels and equipment?

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 03:32:05 PM »
What! Does it change anything or does it do something with levels and equipment?
Some levels at which some characters join change a little, and there are like two or three pieces of equipment that can also change.
It doesn't change anything story-wise, except maybe for the name of a certain something, but it's just for reference sake.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 03:51:53 PM »
Some levels at which some characters join change a little, and there are like two or three pieces of equipment that can also change.
It doesn't change anything story-wise, except maybe for the name of a certain something, but it's just for reference sake.

OK so nothing major then, I use the canon default for the something anyway.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 03:56:31 PM »
Did they bother to fix certain translation bugs though?