Author Topic: Kumoricon 2013  (Read 4051 times)

t0k

• Philosophy nerd!
  • To be is to do.
    • 4x13
Kumoricon 2013
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »
Anyone here plan on attending? Finding someone to share a room with would be nice.

It's in Vancouver, Washington from August 31 through September 2nd. I dunno what panels are lined up but anime conventions are more about meeting cool people and hanging out. Maybe getting drunk and cosplaying too.

Even if you don't want to share a room, it'd be cool to know who's going so that we can plan a meet-up.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Re: Kumoricon 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:22:42 AM »
I'll probably be going. I'm a minor, though, so I can't share a room.

I don't know if I should wear the same SWR Reisen costume I've been wearing or if I should buy a Yukari, Marisa or Alice costume. I'm leaning towards the latter because I dislike wigs.

Last year I attended the Touhou panel with a friend dressed like Alice Liddel from American McGee's Alice. Okay, not exactly that, but it was the closest resemblance I could think of. I don't know if I'll be able to stay all three days this year, but I hope I can.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »
I plan on going to Kumoricon this year. I originally was going to go to Aki-con rather than Kumoricon, but the stuff they pulled last year was just too much for me to ever want to return.

I am looking to share a room, if you guys are comfortable with it. I might be bringing along another friend of mine as well.

I'm gonna cosplay as Kaguya and Homura. If I have enough money before September, then I will also cosplay Gokou Ruri or Suika as well~

Hit me up on skype if you need someone to room with/want to set a time and place to meet up/join my touhou cosplay group (Eientei)/etc..  :D It's vargaarseth

t0k

• Philosophy nerd!
  • To be is to do.
    • 4x13
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:51:39 AM »
Cool seeing all you people who showed up ~ I'll upload some pics later.

t0k

• Philosophy nerd!
  • To be is to do.
    • 4x13
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
I was that guy in the army jacket who was absolutely not drunk or high for the entire convention, btw. Yessir how I love sobriety. I met some guy at the Touhou panel who goes to the forums here but I forget his username, he wore glasses and was pretty cool. The Touhou panel totally rocked.

(this miko was super adorable i wish i could have hugged her)

me and my bitches.

There were some cosplayers I missed. Would love to see your pics if you have them!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:09:43 PM by t0k »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »

That's me! :D
Now that I look at a picture, I don't think I posed too well, Whatever. :)

I was kinda disappointed by the lack of Touhou merch in the dealer's room though. Last year, there was a booth that sold many Touhou figures that wasn't there this year. At least I got a doujinshi!
I'll post some pics I took later.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 12:12:55 AM »
I see an Overcoat!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

t0k

• Philosophy nerd!
  • To be is to do.
    • 4x13
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:27 AM »
That's me! :D
Now that I look at a picture, I don't think I posed too well, Whatever. :)

I was kinda disappointed by the lack of Touhou merch in the dealer's room though. Last year, there was a booth that sold many Touhou figures that wasn't there this year. At least I got a doujinshi!
I'll post some pics I took later.
Cool to see that you come on the forums!!

BTW, there is a cool touhou chatroom that a lot of us Kumoricon people hang out in,check it out  ==> http://webchat.esper.net/?nick=&channels=touhou

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »

I was the cool glasses guy. Sadly, I do not have a Touhou costume.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.